The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Thanks for the concern folks! She was given the drug used to treat malaria to help target the symptoms while at the hospital, but once she finished her course of the medication, they sent her home, in theory still positive with the virus, and mandated she quarantine in her home until Tuesday (tomorrow). She's 82 and can't really do much by herself, not sure how wise of a decision that was but here we are!  Eh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Thanks for the concern folks! She was given the drug used to treat malaria to help target the symptoms while at the hospital, but once she finished her course of the medication, they sent her home, in theory still positive with the virus, and mandated she quarantine in her home until Tuesday (tomorrow). She's 82 and can't really do much by herself, not sure how wise of a decision that was but here we are!  Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thats good news if they sent her home she must be recovering I'd think. Smile I hope you'll be able to see her soon! (Though the needing help thing make me hope she does have someone to help her at home.)
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thats good news if they sent her home she must be recovering I'd think. Smile I hope you'll be able to see her soon! (Though the needing help thing make me hope she does have someone to help her at home.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The airline I was meant to fly with in May is apparently on the verge of bankruptcy and is trying to encourage people to accept credit instead of cash refunds. lol no I want the money back for all I know you could go under entirely and leave me with nothing because you'll take the credit with you to the grave.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The airline I was meant to fly with in May is apparently on the verge of bankruptcy and is trying to encourage people to accept credit instead of cash refunds. lol no I want the money back for all I know you could go under entirely and leave me with nothing because you'll take the credit with you to the grave.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Monday was my first day back to work in three weeks, and I'm ready to call back in and tell my boss I'm not working any more during this whole ordeal. I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but my mother has three of the worst underlying health issues to have with the Coronavirus (Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma and a heart disease).

During my entire shift, I saw one (1) person other than myself wearing gloves or a face mask, and it was someone who has issues with her lungs. Other than that, you wouldn't have been able to tell it apart from any other day. People still out and about, chatting while standing next to each other at the gas pumps, chatting together in the store (which they're not supposed to do). Most of them whining and complaining about the shutdown still and how stupid it is. No, what's really stupid is that we wouldn't be in this position if you guys just did the basic guidelines from the beginning. It's because of people like you, who choose to ignore everything, that they have to keep putting more and more restrictions on.

And then my co-workers that day. Oh man, was I about to strangle one of them. She's been one of the biggest whiners about this whole thing since it started, and on Monday she made a comment that they should just let everyone out so that everyone can just catch it and get over it.

Uhhhhhh... except that people, like my mother, would likely die. She's not much younger than me (maybe two or three years), but she definitely fits in that group of younger people who only care about themselves "being bored at home" and not about what would happen to the older people if we just let the virus run rampant. Again, the virus wouldn't be breaking out as bad as it is right now if people would have just followed the basic guidelines from the start. Even with our idiot President causing our response to the virus and handling of it being pushed back by over a month, people would have done much better on their parts to prevent it from turning into what it has.

I've heavily considering quitting my job, because I am finding it very hard to even think about having to go back there and work with people who don't give a shit and are preparing food with no gloves or masks, touching the food, and basically everything else they're not supposed to be doing right now.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Monday was my first day back to work in three weeks, and I'm ready to call back in and tell my boss I'm not working any more during this whole ordeal. I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but my mother has three of the worst underlying health issues to have with the Coronavirus (Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma and a heart disease).

During my entire shift, I saw one (1) person other than myself wearing gloves or a face mask, and it was someone who has issues with her lungs. Other than that, you wouldn't have been able to tell it apart from any other day. People still out and about, chatting while standing next to each other at the gas pumps, chatting together in the store (which they're not supposed to do). Most of them whining and complaining about the shutdown still and how stupid it is. No, what's really stupid is that we wouldn't be in this position if you guys just did the basic guidelines from the beginning. It's because of people like you, who choose to ignore everything, that they have to keep putting more and more restrictions on.

And then my co-workers that day. Oh man, was I about to strangle one of them. She's been one of the biggest whiners about this whole thing since it started, and on Monday she made a comment that they should just let everyone out so that everyone can just catch it and get over it.

Uhhhhhh... except that people, like my mother, would likely die. She's not much younger than me (maybe two or three years), but she definitely fits in that group of younger people who only care about themselves "being bored at home" and not about what would happen to the older people if we just let the virus run rampant. Again, the virus wouldn't be breaking out as bad as it is right now if people would have just followed the basic guidelines from the start. Even with our idiot President causing our response to the virus and handling of it being pushed back by over a month, people would have done much better on their parts to prevent it from turning into what it has.

I've heavily considering quitting my job, because I am finding it very hard to even think about having to go back there and work with people who don't give a shit and are preparing food with no gloves or masks, touching the food, and basically everything else they're not supposed to be doing right now.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh geesh Night Lord! That is scary as hell! It really might be the best thing to call up your boss and tell her the situation. I mean if your boss is a reasonable person she could easily see that this is a very scary situation. >.<

Now hopefully she doesn't try to play down the virus because really you don't want to be playing Russian roulettes with lives. Eh

Will you and your mom be okay financially? Unsure I think that probably the worst part of this whole thing the balancing act of security from the virus and security from losing your home.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh geesh Night Lord! That is scary as hell! It really might be the best thing to call up your boss and tell her the situation. I mean if your boss is a reasonable person she could easily see that this is a very scary situation. >.<

Now hopefully she doesn't try to play down the virus because really you don't want to be playing Russian roulettes with lives. Eh

Will you and your mom be okay financially? Unsure I think that probably the worst part of this whole thing the balancing act of security from the virus and security from losing your home.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
People at my store are the same DL, just standing around not caring. Luckily for me it's just the customers doing it and none of the workers, but their actions did cause almost the entire store to change to overnight shifts so they can avoid the customers.

If I were you I'd be looking to quit or just be off work too, even if I wasn't living with someone at risk. I'm not at risk but I still don't want to be around an entire horde of people who greatly increase my chances of catching it no matter what I do or where I turn at any given moment.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
People at my store are the same DL, just standing around not caring. Luckily for me it's just the customers doing it and none of the workers, but their actions did cause almost the entire store to change to overnight shifts so they can avoid the customers.

If I were you I'd be looking to quit or just be off work too, even if I wasn't living with someone at risk. I'm not at risk but I still don't want to be around an entire horde of people who greatly increase my chances of catching it no matter what I do or where I turn at any given moment.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hoping it's true that the virus has reached it's peak and hopefully soon we'll begin to see a drop in cases. Glad a 3-week extension on lockdown has been issued for UK, so as not to let everyone just go out there and allow it to spread rapidly. As much I want to see everything normalise, now's not the time. Sucks there are people still not following advice and are acting like nothing's happening.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hoping it's true that the virus has reached it's peak and hopefully soon we'll begin to see a drop in cases. Glad a 3-week extension on lockdown has been issued for UK, so as not to let everyone just go out there and allow it to spread rapidly. As much I want to see everything normalise, now's not the time. Sucks there are people still not following advice and are acting like nothing's happening.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 16th, 2020, 12:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Sucks there are people still not following advice and are acting like nothing's happening.
Michigan did this to insane degrees yesterday or the day before. They held a protest somewhere on the road leading to a hospital and blocked the road with their cars, then got out and hung out holding signs demanding everything reopens so they can get haircuts and buy fucking lawn fertiliser. Their reasoning was "This is the land of the free so we shouldn't be forced to stay home and not shop". I think it was the mayor who responded with "Well guess what the lockdown you all hate will probably be longer now", which is cool and all but I'd rather those people be charged with public endangerment or something.

Also got my hazard pay apparently. I went from $13.75 to $14.20, so I got...either 45c hazard pay or I got a 30c wage increase followed by a 15c hazard pay. If the latter that's a bit shit since my last evaluation got 50c so I'd love to know what put it down. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 16th, 2020, 12:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Sucks there are people still not following advice and are acting like nothing's happening.
Michigan did this to insane degrees yesterday or the day before. They held a protest somewhere on the road leading to a hospital and blocked the road with their cars, then got out and hung out holding signs demanding everything reopens so they can get haircuts and buy fucking lawn fertiliser. Their reasoning was "This is the land of the free so we shouldn't be forced to stay home and not shop". I think it was the mayor who responded with "Well guess what the lockdown you all hate will probably be longer now", which is cool and all but I'd rather those people be charged with public endangerment or something.

Also got my hazard pay apparently. I went from $13.75 to $14.20, so I got...either 45c hazard pay or I got a 30c wage increase followed by a 15c hazard pay. If the latter that's a bit shit since my last evaluation got 50c so I'd love to know what put it down. Errm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
well, here in ny, a good amount of businesses are just straight not letting customers in if they don't have a mask on. glad we're taking it seriously
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
well, here in ny, a good amount of businesses are just straight not letting customers in if they don't have a mask on. glad we're taking it seriously
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 16th, 2020, 08:44 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Florida is doing that too in some areas but my store falls right outside the city line that's enforcing it so we can't make people do it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 16th, 2020, 08:44 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Florida is doing that too in some areas but my store falls right outside the city line that's enforcing it so we can't make people do it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So experts are now predicting that a second, much worse wave of the Coronavirus could emerge this fall. The CDC has said they will not have a vaccine for the virus by next Winter.

There have been some comparisons between a possible second wave of COVID-19 and the well-known and devastating second wave of the Spanish Flu in 1918. Worst-case scenario would be the appearance of a mutated strain of COVID-19.

Quote:And the second wave of SARS-CoV-2? “It will likely hit harder in areas not severely impacted the first time in the interior of the U.S., where there’s a lot more susceptible people,” Kullar said. “COVID-19’s sweet spot could be October to May, with it peaking, likely, in October and November.”
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So experts are now predicting that a second, much worse wave of the Coronavirus could emerge this fall. The CDC has said they will not have a vaccine for the virus by next Winter.

There have been some comparisons between a possible second wave of COVID-19 and the well-known and devastating second wave of the Spanish Flu in 1918. Worst-case scenario would be the appearance of a mutated strain of COVID-19.

Quote:And the second wave of SARS-CoV-2? “It will likely hit harder in areas not severely impacted the first time in the interior of the U.S., where there’s a lot more susceptible people,” Kullar said. “COVID-19’s sweet spot could be October to May, with it peaking, likely, in October and November.”
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see it. Everything will reopen, people will claim we overreacted, and then another wave will hit because too many people will get complacent about continuing safe practices while outside.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see it. Everything will reopen, people will claim we overreacted, and then another wave will hit because too many people will get complacent about continuing safe practices while outside.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
China has begun to shutdown some businesses once more in fear of a second wave of the Coronavirus, starting with shutting down gyms once more in Beijing.

It'll be important to keep an eye on any news coming out of China, because if a mutated strain of the Coronavirus emerges, it's going to be where the initial breakout happened. If this scenario does happen, hopefully the US will be a little faster to act, and a little smarter as well.

Though don't count on that second option. If anyone watched Trump's briefing from today, you'll have seen the part where he asked a doctor, on national television, if it'd be possible to inject people with disinfectant to kill the virus.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
China has begun to shutdown some businesses once more in fear of a second wave of the Coronavirus, starting with shutting down gyms once more in Beijing.

It'll be important to keep an eye on any news coming out of China, because if a mutated strain of the Coronavirus emerges, it's going to be where the initial breakout happened. If this scenario does happen, hopefully the US will be a little faster to act, and a little smarter as well.

Though don't count on that second option. If anyone watched Trump's briefing from today, you'll have seen the part where he asked a doctor, on national television, if it'd be possible to inject people with disinfectant to kill the virus.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Trump's statement on bleach and light being put into the body as a way to combat the virus is among the stupidest and most dangerous shit any authoritative person on this crisis could put out. Anyone who actually believes that can work and tries to ingest bleach on the back of it deserves every consequence they get. I'd have thought that stupid Tide pod craze would've been enough to not see anything encouraging that sort of behavior again, especially from a country leader.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Trump's statement on bleach and light being put into the body as a way to combat the virus is among the stupidest and most dangerous shit any authoritative person on this crisis could put out. Anyone who actually believes that can work and tries to ingest bleach on the back of it deserves every consequence they get. I'd have thought that stupid Tide pod craze would've been enough to not see anything encouraging that sort of behavior again, especially from a country leader.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Pardon my upcoming language. Fuck me, what the actual fuck, Trump? Bleach?! I have no more words.

On the possibility of a second and more worse wave coming, yeah that's awful. Agree with Moony, people will look back at the first one and those who avoided it, which obviously is a lot more people, will think they'll be fine again and act however they did. Which as we know some of them ignore the safety measures we're trying to uphold.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Pardon my upcoming language. Fuck me, what the actual fuck, Trump? Bleach?! I have no more words.

On the possibility of a second and more worse wave coming, yeah that's awful. Agree with Moony, people will look back at the first one and those who avoided it, which obviously is a lot more people, will think they'll be fine again and act however they did. Which as we know some of them ignore the safety measures we're trying to uphold.