The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A second wave will be interesting for the US because of Thanksgiving, which will really hit the airlines hard because that tends to be their big money maker, especially for those operating solely within the US. I'd like to guess who Christmas would go for the UK but I would need to know how Easter was impacted to take a guess at that one (both days in the UK tend to have the same meal eaten with family so if Easter was hit by that then Christmas would be too).
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A second wave will be interesting for the US because of Thanksgiving, which will really hit the airlines hard because that tends to be their big money maker, especially for those operating solely within the US. I'd like to guess who Christmas would go for the UK but I would need to know how Easter was impacted to take a guess at that one (both days in the UK tend to have the same meal eaten with family so if Easter was hit by that then Christmas would be too).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Apr 24th, 2020, 10:24 PM)Moon Nook Wrote:
I'd like to guess who Christmas would go for the UK but I would need to know how Easter was impacted to take a guess at that one (both days in the UK tend to have the same meal eaten with family so if Easter was hit by that then Christmas would be too).
Our store was very low on meat, only like slices and chunks were available. Even Frozen was very low. Although the last week or two before Easter we had a massive delivery, well actually don't know exactly other than there was a lot of meat that came in going to markdowns or waste within the week they came in or something. So if the store isn't ready Christmas will be bad I believe.
For me though, my mum had a chicken from Christmas just gone, so we were good. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Apr 24th, 2020, 10:24 PM)Moon Nook Wrote:
I'd like to guess who Christmas would go for the UK but I would need to know how Easter was impacted to take a guess at that one (both days in the UK tend to have the same meal eaten with family so if Easter was hit by that then Christmas would be too).
Our store was very low on meat, only like slices and chunks were available. Even Frozen was very low. Although the last week or two before Easter we had a massive delivery, well actually don't know exactly other than there was a lot of meat that came in going to markdowns or waste within the week they came in or something. So if the store isn't ready Christmas will be bad I believe.
For me though, my mum had a chicken from Christmas just gone, so we were good. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, I was expecting there to be lots of turkeys and stuff left because people wouldn't be getting together for Easter to eat a whole one.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, I was expecting there to be lots of turkeys and stuff left because people wouldn't be getting together for Easter to eat a whole one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's okay everyone, Trump clarified today that he was just being sarcastic about the disinfectant comments. You know, because the thing a responsible leader of a country should do during a pandemic is be sarcastic.

Though too bad he wasn't actually being sarcastic and is just making himself look even dumber by trying to cover his ass with such a sad excuse. It's going to be very telling if Americans are dumb enough to re-elect this clown after how poorly he's handled this entire situation.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's okay everyone, Trump clarified today that he was just being sarcastic about the disinfectant comments. You know, because the thing a responsible leader of a country should do during a pandemic is be sarcastic.

Though too bad he wasn't actually being sarcastic and is just making himself look even dumber by trying to cover his ass with such a sad excuse. It's going to be very telling if Americans are dumb enough to re-elect this clown after how poorly he's handled this entire situation.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The sarcasm excuse just made it worse in my opinion. It's just a piss poor attempt at damage control after being called out by the FDA and other countries. That sort of behavior is damaging for international relations because other world leaders will not trust the word of someone who can't be responsible in a crisis.

My work sent me home today and told me to not come in for three days (basically meaning not until my next shift which is next Friday) because I mentioned I was having chest pains and felt hot (the latter from working...) so they got worried I might have the virus yet I'm pretty sure chest pains are not a symptom. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The sarcasm excuse just made it worse in my opinion. It's just a piss poor attempt at damage control after being called out by the FDA and other countries. That sort of behavior is damaging for international relations because other world leaders will not trust the word of someone who can't be responsible in a crisis.

My work sent me home today and told me to not come in for three days (basically meaning not until my next shift which is next Friday) because I mentioned I was having chest pains and felt hot (the latter from working...) so they got worried I might have the virus yet I'm pretty sure chest pains are not a symptom. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Tightness in your chest when you inhale is one of the symptoms of the virus, though if you were just having general chest pains not related to breathing, then they just assumed the worst instead of asking you what kind of pain it was. Though you saying you felt hot probably made them jump to the conclusion as well.

When I called in and talked to the nurse when I was ill, the thing that made them pretty confident that I had the virus was the fact that I had tightness/pressure in my chest when inhaling.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Tightness in your chest when you inhale is one of the symptoms of the virus, though if you were just having general chest pains not related to breathing, then they just assumed the worst instead of asking you what kind of pain it was. Though you saying you felt hot probably made them jump to the conclusion as well.

When I called in and talked to the nurse when I was ill, the thing that made them pretty confident that I had the virus was the fact that I had tightness/pressure in my chest when inhaling.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My pain isn't brought on by breathing but rather tensing the area, similar to the pain you'd get from say a muscle strain. The only concern I have is I didn't do anything yesterday that would strain my chest area, so I have no clue what actually brought it on in the first place.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My pain isn't brought on by breathing but rather tensing the area, similar to the pain you'd get from say a muscle strain. The only concern I have is I didn't do anything yesterday that would strain my chest area, so I have no clue what actually brought it on in the first place.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit, a developer actually made a video game on this and is planning to release it this month:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit, a developer actually made a video game on this and is planning to release it this month:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm not looking forward to that second phase of this... this year just needs to skip forward already, the reopening and the reclosing of everything is going to be so chaotic and probably worse than what we're dealing with now.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm not looking forward to that second phase of this... this year just needs to skip forward already, the reopening and the reclosing of everything is going to be so chaotic and probably worse than what we're dealing with now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Hopefully the country will be more prepared for the second wave. Even without scientists and doctors saying it, everyone should be smart enough to know that there's always a second wave when it comes to viruses. It's going to depend a lot on how our government prepares for it.

Unfortunately we have an absolute moron as our President right now, and I have absolutely no faith that he'll do anything needed to be prepared, and we'll go through this all over again because he thinks he's smarter than doctors and scientists who spend their lives researching and dealing with these sorts of things.

Did anyone see that panel he put together to decide when the country should re-open? Not a single scientist or health care expert on it, but thankfully (/sarcasm) he put his daughter and son-in-law, neither of which have a lick of experience in either field, along with some ancient Republicans, on it to decide our futures.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Hopefully the country will be more prepared for the second wave. Even without scientists and doctors saying it, everyone should be smart enough to know that there's always a second wave when it comes to viruses. It's going to depend a lot on how our government prepares for it.

Unfortunately we have an absolute moron as our President right now, and I have absolutely no faith that he'll do anything needed to be prepared, and we'll go through this all over again because he thinks he's smarter than doctors and scientists who spend their lives researching and dealing with these sorts of things.

Did anyone see that panel he put together to decide when the country should re-open? Not a single scientist or health care expert on it, but thankfully (/sarcasm) he put his daughter and son-in-law, neither of which have a lick of experience in either field, along with some ancient Republicans, on it to decide our futures.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't expect a second wave to be handled well. It's likely to be worse than the current wave, and America hasn't exactly done superb at handling this one and it had ample time to prepare for it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't expect a second wave to be handled well. It's likely to be worse than the current wave, and America hasn't exactly done superb at handling this one and it had ample time to prepare for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just to really drive home how screwed we are for the second wave:

Quote:Breaking News: The White House is considering winding down the coronavirus task force as the crisis rages on. It’s not clear if it will be replaced.

Source
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just to really drive home how screwed we are for the second wave:

Quote:Breaking News: The White House is considering winding down the coronavirus task force as the crisis rages on. It’s not clear if it will be replaced.

Source
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Why would you wind down anything that is meant to handle this crisis when it isn't over yet? Honestly, I'm not going out without a mask until it is confirmed there are no cases left even if places revoke the compulsory order to wear them. If everything re-opens and people start acting like it's over by not wearing masks or whatever when it truly isn't, then I won't pity those people when they get sick.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Why would you wind down anything that is meant to handle this crisis when it isn't over yet? Honestly, I'm not going out without a mask until it is confirmed there are no cases left even if places revoke the compulsory order to wear them. If everything re-opens and people start acting like it's over by not wearing masks or whatever when it truly isn't, then I won't pity those people when they get sick.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
We've got talks of easing lockdown now too. Getting some people back to working and kids back in school. Well some such as pubs, sport, concerts and such where masses of people can gather aren't, rightly so. Plus those who are going back will still need to follow distancing rules, all for trying to get the economy moving again. Can't see people following the rules still, which will end up messing up the "R" they're calling it, the reproduction rate of the virus. So when the ease does happen, the second wave may come about sooner than we thought. Yay.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
We've got talks of easing lockdown now too. Getting some people back to working and kids back in school. Well some such as pubs, sport, concerts and such where masses of people can gather aren't, rightly so. Plus those who are going back will still need to follow distancing rules, all for trying to get the economy moving again. Can't see people following the rules still, which will end up messing up the "R" they're calling it, the reproduction rate of the virus. So when the ease does happen, the second wave may come about sooner than we thought. Yay.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I don't know yet if my store is doing this (I expect they are), but the company I work for is pulling this absolutely piss taking stunt: https://www.reddit.com/r/publix/comments...member_is/

A thank you banner for the customers that the workers are being asked to sign. The customers are why all but myself and one other guy on grocery have all moved to overnight shifts. There's nothing to thank the customers for. If they're kind, they were doing it before this started. Otherwise, they just saw it as more excuses to be pieces of complete shit. I see customers in my store every single shift buying nothing, they're just coming in because they're bored. They dump their gloves on the floor or leave them in carts for us. At the start of this they would fight us over paper products instead of just waiting in a line like civilised people. Yet....we're meant to thank them? Please. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I don't know yet if my store is doing this (I expect they are), but the company I work for is pulling this absolutely piss taking stunt: https://www.reddit.com/r/publix/comments...member_is/

A thank you banner for the customers that the workers are being asked to sign. The customers are why all but myself and one other guy on grocery have all moved to overnight shifts. There's nothing to thank the customers for. If they're kind, they were doing it before this started. Otherwise, they just saw it as more excuses to be pieces of complete shit. I see customers in my store every single shift buying nothing, they're just coming in because they're bored. They dump their gloves on the floor or leave them in carts for us. At the start of this they would fight us over paper products instead of just waiting in a line like civilised people. Yet....we're meant to thank them? Please. Rolleyes