The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't wait for this vaccine to be released and for people to talk about how they aren't going to take it because it's not a vaccine, it's a control serum that the Government made and is using the fake Coronavirus to trick people into taking it so they can brainwash the country.

Kind of like how wearing a facemask takes away all of your freedom and severely violates the Constitution of the United States. Boy let me tell you, I went to Walmart on Sunday and I wore a mask and I just couldn't believe how violated my freedom felt. I think I might have to sue Walmart for this awful experience I suffered.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't wait for this vaccine to be released and for people to talk about how they aren't going to take it because it's not a vaccine, it's a control serum that the Government made and is using the fake Coronavirus to trick people into taking it so they can brainwash the country.

Kind of like how wearing a facemask takes away all of your freedom and severely violates the Constitution of the United States. Boy let me tell you, I went to Walmart on Sunday and I wore a mask and I just couldn't believe how violated my freedom felt. I think I might have to sue Walmart for this awful experience I suffered.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Have you read any of the replies on that tweet? The ones I saw yesterday from the very first one were all such toxic shit. I actually didn't see a single comment thread on there starting with positivity. One even said these researchers should be sued for taking too long to make this vaccine, as if it was their responsibility for countries to respond appropriately to a pandemic while they need time to work on this.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Have you read any of the replies on that tweet? The ones I saw yesterday from the very first one were all such toxic shit. I actually didn't see a single comment thread on there starting with positivity. One even said these researchers should be sued for taking too long to make this vaccine, as if it was their responsibility for countries to respond appropriately to a pandemic while they need time to work on this.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I did not read them, no. But I am not surprised. America is full of idiots and there's so many people who are convinced that the virus is fake thanks to the Clown in Office, that anything like this is just going to send them into a rage of stupidity.

Speaking of our dipshit "President", he's now saying that it's going to get worse before it gets better and that it is something we need to take very seriously to overcome, after months and months of denying it, saying that it's no big deal, etc.. Nice try Donny Boy, but your sad attempt at bootlicking to get votes is probably not going to work. You're just making yourself look dumber and dumber every day.

Also, I live in a town full of people who say the virus is just a political hoax and they refuse to wear masks. They absolutely refuse to shop any where that requires a mask, even if it's a place they've been shopping for 20 years. As soon as they say "you need to wear a mask to shop here", they stop going there. Well, sadly for them, our Governor is finally putting a state-wide mask mandate into effect. He's expected to announce it tomorrow, with it going in effect on Monday. I have tomorrow off, so I'll miss out on it, but I can't wait for work on Thursday so I can sit there and enjoy all of the salty tears from these people now that it's going to be absolute law in this state to wear a mask out in public. I guess if they want to stick to their guns, they're not going to be able to leave their houses. A good way to get them to follow the stay-at-home orders, I guess.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I did not read them, no. But I am not surprised. America is full of idiots and there's so many people who are convinced that the virus is fake thanks to the Clown in Office, that anything like this is just going to send them into a rage of stupidity.

Speaking of our dipshit "President", he's now saying that it's going to get worse before it gets better and that it is something we need to take very seriously to overcome, after months and months of denying it, saying that it's no big deal, etc.. Nice try Donny Boy, but your sad attempt at bootlicking to get votes is probably not going to work. You're just making yourself look dumber and dumber every day.

Also, I live in a town full of people who say the virus is just a political hoax and they refuse to wear masks. They absolutely refuse to shop any where that requires a mask, even if it's a place they've been shopping for 20 years. As soon as they say "you need to wear a mask to shop here", they stop going there. Well, sadly for them, our Governor is finally putting a state-wide mask mandate into effect. He's expected to announce it tomorrow, with it going in effect on Monday. I have tomorrow off, so I'll miss out on it, but I can't wait for work on Thursday so I can sit there and enjoy all of the salty tears from these people now that it's going to be absolute law in this state to wear a mask out in public. I guess if they want to stick to their guns, they're not going to be able to leave their houses. A good way to get them to follow the stay-at-home orders, I guess.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
We've had to start wearing masks if shopping since Friday, but don't have to outside in public unless that's suddenly changed now/soon. Or at least barely anyone I've seen outside in the open are not. Working in store we don't absolutely have to (people wearing glasses are finding it difficult because of their breathing clouding their lens too), which is OK. My first day back at work since the new rules and majority of workers I saw had masks on when on the shopfloor, I wasn't though. Did get a customer coming up to me complaining about a family who all had no masks and thought I should do something about it. No one ever has time to tell me of new stuff anyway, let alone if we do anything if we notice anyone without a mask and being on my own on my department I didn't bother with it.

Masks aren't terrible, kinda annoying to put on and and take off if going into multiple shops but I haven't done that yet, just assuming. I won't be surprised to hear people making up conspiracies over the vaccine. *reads tweet comments* Ah yeah some in there. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
We've had to start wearing masks if shopping since Friday, but don't have to outside in public unless that's suddenly changed now/soon. Or at least barely anyone I've seen outside in the open are not. Working in store we don't absolutely have to (people wearing glasses are finding it difficult because of their breathing clouding their lens too), which is OK. My first day back at work since the new rules and majority of workers I saw had masks on when on the shopfloor, I wasn't though. Did get a customer coming up to me complaining about a family who all had no masks and thought I should do something about it. No one ever has time to tell me of new stuff anyway, let alone if we do anything if we notice anyone without a mask and being on my own on my department I didn't bother with it.

Masks aren't terrible, kinda annoying to put on and and take off if going into multiple shops but I haven't done that yet, just assuming. I won't be surprised to hear people making up conspiracies over the vaccine. *reads tweet comments* Ah yeah some in there. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Another friend of mine who lives in the UK told me that she had a customer tell her at her job that he was going to slap the mask off of her face. I'm surprised I haven't had anyone say anything like that to me at my work, since I'm the only employee there wearing a mask. I figured I'd have at least one anti-masker come up to me and threaten to harm me if I didn't take the mask off.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Another friend of mine who lives in the UK told me that she had a customer tell her at her job that he was going to slap the mask off of her face. I'm surprised I haven't had anyone say anything like that to me at my work, since I'm the only employee there wearing a mask. I figured I'd have at least one anti-masker come up to me and threaten to harm me if I didn't take the mask off.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, now that I wouldn't of thought people doing, knocking/taking off someone else's mask. Or in that case threatening to. Why do you even care if other people are choosing to wear a mask? Just cough back into their face. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, now that I wouldn't of thought people doing, knocking/taking off someone else's mask. Or in that case threatening to. Why do you even care if other people are choosing to wear a mask? Just cough back into their face. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, here in the United States we have a lot of anti-maskers because being asked/told to wear a mask is "the government taking away muh freedom!" How? I have no idea, but yes, apparently being asked to simply wear a mask is a major infraction about our freedom and is a sign that the Government is trying to brainwash us all and force us all to live in boxes so they can herd us like sheep.

The thing I find most hilarious is that people didn't throw a huge fit over the laws being added that required you to wear a seat belt in a car. I mean, I'm sure there were some people out there like "MUH FREEDUMZ!" when they put those laws into effect, but you certainly did not hear people bitching and moaning about it like you do the facemasks. Despite the fact that being told to wear a seat belt and asked to wear a mask during the pandemic serve the same purpose of attempting to protect people's lives.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, here in the United States we have a lot of anti-maskers because being asked/told to wear a mask is "the government taking away muh freedom!" How? I have no idea, but yes, apparently being asked to simply wear a mask is a major infraction about our freedom and is a sign that the Government is trying to brainwash us all and force us all to live in boxes so they can herd us like sheep.

The thing I find most hilarious is that people didn't throw a huge fit over the laws being added that required you to wear a seat belt in a car. I mean, I'm sure there were some people out there like "MUH FREEDUMZ!" when they put those laws into effect, but you certainly did not hear people bitching and moaning about it like you do the facemasks. Despite the fact that being told to wear a seat belt and asked to wear a mask during the pandemic serve the same purpose of attempting to protect people's lives.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2020, 11:27 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wait, masks weren't required to shop with prior to this time? Asda has just been letting people in without masks despite from what I heard your store was making people line up and wait to enter? Blink

I'm also shocked it isn't required in the store at all. My store has made that mandatory for months for all workers and I'm sure most other businesses have as well.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2020, 11:27 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wait, masks weren't required to shop with prior to this time? Asda has just been letting people in without masks despite from what I heard your store was making people line up and wait to enter? Blink

I'm also shocked it isn't required in the store at all. My store has made that mandatory for months for all workers and I'm sure most other businesses have as well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jul 30th, 2020, 11:41 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nah we haven't absolutely had to, only recently since the new rules Johnson/goverment implemented for the 24th. It's still optional for people working in store, also those who are very stubborn/selfish aren't, which kind of includes me (also my mum and sister haven't) as I haven't fully worn a mask this last week when at work, I did for one day and for shopping. XD About 95% of customers are and 90% of colleagues are wearing a mask (although 90% of those when they go out into warehouse take off their mask).
Before the rules I'd say it was about 40-50% customers and like 20% colleagues (for at my store and what I've seen).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jul 30th, 2020, 11:41 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nah we haven't absolutely had to, only recently since the new rules Johnson/goverment implemented for the 24th. It's still optional for people working in store, also those who are very stubborn/selfish aren't, which kind of includes me (also my mum and sister haven't) as I haven't fully worn a mask this last week when at work, I did for one day and for shopping. XD About 95% of customers are and 90% of colleagues are wearing a mask (although 90% of those when they go out into warehouse take off their mask).
Before the rules I'd say it was about 40-50% customers and like 20% colleagues (for at my store and what I've seen).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2020, 01:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(although 90% of those when they go out into warehouse take off their mask).
My store was allowing us to remove our masks in the back but as of Saturday it appears we're no longer allowed to do that. I'm not sure if that's a company thing or a store thing though. Although my company as a whole is now removing the one way arrows, which has turned the floor into a complete circus with people just piling up in aisles again. It got so bad on my aisle I just pulled out my phone and looked at Twitter because I couldn't do anything else. Errm

I think the only way this is going to get better (at least in the US) is for it to hit really fucking hard in the Winter. Like, have it make everything else so far look like a joke in comparison. It's got to the point now where managers in my store don't care because "If I was gonna get it I'd have got it by now so I'm just living my life as normal now" and a coworker said she doesn't see why she shouldn't do Thanksgiving with all of her family members. Include that the government (sure, Trump is the forefront of the media stories but it's not like a single person regardless of party chose to do anything about it) knowingly downplayed the virus and people who knew had the audacity to wait until they could profit from it before sharing it, and that's just asking for people to not take it seriously to the point that people are defending that messaging by saying "They didn't want us to panic". You can do that while reinforcing the idea of how bad this is. In another month all the people from up North are going to come to Florida for the Winter and it's going to be fucking horrible. They shouldn't be allowed down. I don't want to imagine how many cases are going to arise after everyone is done flying all over the place for Thanksgiving. The smart thing to do would be to ban all travel but this country won't do that, so to me the only way for the US and a large amount of its people to start giving a shit is for it to get so bad that you can't downplay it or ignore it. Shira and I went to Miami last weekend to go to Ikea expecting it to be as tightly controlled as the one near us; instead, there was no enforcement of anything but masks. If one person was in that store with the virus almost anyone in there who wasn't enforcing rules upon themselves (virtually nobody I saw) would be likely to catch it.

I'm just getting so sick of seeing money, complacency, and/or a lack of care taking precedence over doing the right thing.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2020, 01:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
(although 90% of those when they go out into warehouse take off their mask).
My store was allowing us to remove our masks in the back but as of Saturday it appears we're no longer allowed to do that. I'm not sure if that's a company thing or a store thing though. Although my company as a whole is now removing the one way arrows, which has turned the floor into a complete circus with people just piling up in aisles again. It got so bad on my aisle I just pulled out my phone and looked at Twitter because I couldn't do anything else. Errm

I think the only way this is going to get better (at least in the US) is for it to hit really fucking hard in the Winter. Like, have it make everything else so far look like a joke in comparison. It's got to the point now where managers in my store don't care because "If I was gonna get it I'd have got it by now so I'm just living my life as normal now" and a coworker said she doesn't see why she shouldn't do Thanksgiving with all of her family members. Include that the government (sure, Trump is the forefront of the media stories but it's not like a single person regardless of party chose to do anything about it) knowingly downplayed the virus and people who knew had the audacity to wait until they could profit from it before sharing it, and that's just asking for people to not take it seriously to the point that people are defending that messaging by saying "They didn't want us to panic". You can do that while reinforcing the idea of how bad this is. In another month all the people from up North are going to come to Florida for the Winter and it's going to be fucking horrible. They shouldn't be allowed down. I don't want to imagine how many cases are going to arise after everyone is done flying all over the place for Thanksgiving. The smart thing to do would be to ban all travel but this country won't do that, so to me the only way for the US and a large amount of its people to start giving a shit is for it to get so bad that you can't downplay it or ignore it. Shira and I went to Miami last weekend to go to Ikea expecting it to be as tightly controlled as the one near us; instead, there was no enforcement of anything but masks. If one person was in that store with the virus almost anyone in there who wasn't enforcing rules upon themselves (virtually nobody I saw) would be likely to catch it.

I'm just getting so sick of seeing money, complacency, and/or a lack of care taking precedence over doing the right thing.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The virus has arrived in my town now, as a student tested positive at school so their entire class and teacher were sent home. Likely not the start too as they must've caught it from somewhere/someone else and that was...last week?

Anyway, sometime in August our store removed the one way rule down aisles. I think usage of masks has gone down too to like 90% of customers. Winter will be the time we'll quite drastic...something for sure. As in if there's a rise spike again and rules return, with more rules that is. There definitely needs to be more care it sounds like in the US. I didn't think about what could happen for Thanksgiving, so that'll show what so many travelling at once will do just before Winter and....Ch******* hits.

I...don't want to write out that word. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The virus has arrived in my town now, as a student tested positive at school so their entire class and teacher were sent home. Likely not the start too as they must've caught it from somewhere/someone else and that was...last week?

Anyway, sometime in August our store removed the one way rule down aisles. I think usage of masks has gone down too to like 90% of customers. Winter will be the time we'll quite drastic...something for sure. As in if there's a rise spike again and rules return, with more rules that is. There definitely needs to be more care it sounds like in the US. I didn't think about what could happen for Thanksgiving, so that'll show what so many travelling at once will do just before Winter and....Ch******* hits.

I...don't want to write out that word. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sending that whole class home assumes that student never interacted with a soul outside of their class, which would be impossible to do no matter how hard you try to do it. Kid only needed to wait in the hall of downstairs C block (assuming this school is Willie D) and hundreds of people would have passed by them because it's the most popular block to cut through.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sending that whole class home assumes that student never interacted with a soul outside of their class, which would be impossible to do no matter how hard you try to do it. Kid only needed to wait in the hall of downstairs C block (assuming this school is Willie D) and hundreds of people would have passed by them because it's the most popular block to cut through.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Some of you may already be aware but oh yay, protesting is so fun in such times we're in. Londoners went and did a protest about the new regulations our government have put in place from last Thursday to tackle the second wave we have here in the UK. Took place in Saturday, heard about it this morning as I was ignoring news on the weekend. What's more is that they were consisting of conspiracy theorists that don't think co-vid is real, or most of them were so they were of course not social distancing and no masks in sight apart from police. They are now deserving of catching it, for all I care.

In other news at my workplace, yep mask usage has gone up. Mandatory to wear them now unless you are exempt for colleagues, all customers are wearing them too. Apart from one young man who walked in only for another customer to promptly take out their phone, film and chase them out on Friday. That was amusing to watch.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Some of you may already be aware but oh yay, protesting is so fun in such times we're in. Londoners went and did a protest about the new regulations our government have put in place from last Thursday to tackle the second wave we have here in the UK. Took place in Saturday, heard about it this morning as I was ignoring news on the weekend. What's more is that they were consisting of conspiracy theorists that don't think co-vid is real, or most of them were so they were of course not social distancing and no masks in sight apart from police. They are now deserving of catching it, for all I care.

In other news at my workplace, yep mask usage has gone up. Mandatory to wear them now unless you are exempt for colleagues, all customers are wearing them too. Apart from one young man who walked in only for another customer to promptly take out their phone, film and chase them out on Friday. That was amusing to watch.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Donald Trump has the virus now. I'm hoping it'll make people who don't take this seriously in America start doing so but I'm not going to believe it until I see it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Donald Trump has the virus now. I'm hoping it'll make people who don't take this seriously in America start doing so but I'm not going to believe it until I see it.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
(Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

He'll get no sympathy from me. That's for sure.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
(Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

He'll get no sympathy from me. That's for sure.