Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think any character could ever be the perfect final choice for this game given the sheer scale of those shoes to fill. However, I think this is one of the closest choices you can get to perfection as a final send off when it's been the one character requested more than any other for the last six years. Others could have potentially been just as close to perfect for a final choice, but even as someone not a fan of Kingdom Hearts this reveal was impressive for me because as has been said, it was obvious and even safe (especially when so many people asked for this one) but this clearly wasn't easy to pull off. The poll was six years ago and the top result took until now to pull off because it's Disney of all companies that Sakurai had to deal with.

I also don't know how it did it given that I have zero attachment to Sora or Kingdom Hearts but that trailer gave me goosebumps. Maybe it was the music but whatever it was I find it nuts that this trailer is the one for a new character that hit me more than any others, including characters I actually liked or were more surprising. This didn't hit me as a holy shit surprise type of reveal but it was the one that made me feel something more than just hype alone.

At the end of the day, Sakurai could work on this until we all die and the roster would still be lacking someone. Whether you think it could've been better, worse, or that it's just perfect as it is, no one can deny the love Sakurai has given this game and series. No one would ever believe this game would exist if you went back even five years and detailed every single thing this game has to offer. You can't please everyone, but fuck me if the man didn't do a damn good job.

[Image: snake-salute.gif]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think any character could ever be the perfect final choice for this game given the sheer scale of those shoes to fill. However, I think this is one of the closest choices you can get to perfection as a final send off when it's been the one character requested more than any other for the last six years. Others could have potentially been just as close to perfect for a final choice, but even as someone not a fan of Kingdom Hearts this reveal was impressive for me because as has been said, it was obvious and even safe (especially when so many people asked for this one) but this clearly wasn't easy to pull off. The poll was six years ago and the top result took until now to pull off because it's Disney of all companies that Sakurai had to deal with.

I also don't know how it did it given that I have zero attachment to Sora or Kingdom Hearts but that trailer gave me goosebumps. Maybe it was the music but whatever it was I find it nuts that this trailer is the one for a new character that hit me more than any others, including characters I actually liked or were more surprising. This didn't hit me as a holy shit surprise type of reveal but it was the one that made me feel something more than just hype alone.

At the end of the day, Sakurai could work on this until we all die and the roster would still be lacking someone. Whether you think it could've been better, worse, or that it's just perfect as it is, no one can deny the love Sakurai has given this game and series. No one would ever believe this game would exist if you went back even five years and detailed every single thing this game has to offer. You can't please everyone, but fuck me if the man didn't do a damn good job.

[Image: snake-salute.gif]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just got back into playing this recently and somehow @ShiraNoMai and I never noticed there's a Classic Mode in this game despite putting hundreds of hours into it. I always thought the only notable single player mode (that isn't just Smash) was World of Light. XD Sweat

I also didn't know that characters had certain abilities, such as Lucario being able to deal more damage with aura moves based on how much damage he has taken.

And for anyone who wants to see a neat challenge for this game and maybe even try it themselves, I recommend this video:

This is also the video I started watching that got me to boot the game up again. I stopped when I suddenly discovered that I was not as close to the end of World of Light as I thought I was. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just got back into playing this recently and somehow @ShiraNoMai and I never noticed there's a Classic Mode in this game despite putting hundreds of hours into it. I always thought the only notable single player mode (that isn't just Smash) was World of Light. XD Sweat

I also didn't know that characters had certain abilities, such as Lucario being able to deal more damage with aura moves based on how much damage he has taken.

And for anyone who wants to see a neat challenge for this game and maybe even try it themselves, I recommend this video:

This is also the video I started watching that got me to boot the game up again. I stopped when I suddenly discovered that I was not as close to the end of World of Light as I thought I was. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Neither of you noticed there was Classic Mode, and you have not beaten World of Light yet? WAT R U DOIN. XD

I remember watching Nairo beat WoL with no spirits and such, and yeah that is quite a challenge. Although I'd rather not have to start resorting to cheap tactics or spamming moves over and over to win, so I'll keep away from that.

I need to play again too, barely played when Sora came out and haven't touched SSBU since.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Neither of you noticed there was Classic Mode, and you have not beaten World of Light yet? WAT R U DOIN. XD

I remember watching Nairo beat WoL with no spirits and such, and yeah that is quite a challenge. Although I'd rather not have to start resorting to cheap tactics or spamming moves over and over to win, so I'll keep away from that.

I need to play again too, barely played when Sora came out and haven't touched SSBU since.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If we did notice it we didn't think it had tailored routes for every character nor that it unlocked things. We also hadn't played the game since January 2019 so I started doubting if Classic Mode was in the game at launch. I also thought the game didn't offer a stage builder this entire time too. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If we did notice it we didn't think it had tailored routes for every character nor that it unlocked things. We also hadn't played the game since January 2019 so I started doubting if Classic Mode was in the game at launch. I also thought the game didn't offer a stage builder this entire time too. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah Classic has been there since launch. I haven't actually completed all of Classic Mode, as I know I haven't done the characters from the DLC Pack 2 yet, possibly all if not most from Pack 1, might have done Joker's.

The stage builder I'm not fond of, I prefer Brawl's version really. I like what some people have done in the Share part online but it's mainly them drawing characters with the tools in there. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah Classic has been there since launch. I haven't actually completed all of Classic Mode, as I know I haven't done the characters from the DLC Pack 2 yet, possibly all if not most from Pack 1, might have done Joker's.

The stage builder I'm not fond of, I prefer Brawl's version really. I like what some people have done in the Share part online but it's mainly them drawing characters with the tools in there. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,773 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,453 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,306 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface