[BREAKING] News Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 30th, 2024, 05:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The political "non-answer" has to be the most annoying thing coming out of public statements these days. I get why they do it but it honestly probably works out worse for them than it would if they just picked a side and stuck to it. Centrism is a a plague

Anyway I hope Vince gets held accountable on every account cuz all of that is some real fucked up nonsense, I gotta say.
I can understand giving a non-answer (or at least something that doesn't pick a side) while something is still fresh and being investigated, and especially when the question is one like what HHH was asked because it would be idiotic to make any statement at a press conference that denies or admits guilt to knowing about what Vince had been up to when he was put back into the board of directors when the matter is now a legal one.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 30th, 2024, 05:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The political "non-answer" has to be the most annoying thing coming out of public statements these days. I get why they do it but it honestly probably works out worse for them than it would if they just picked a side and stuck to it. Centrism is a a plague

Anyway I hope Vince gets held accountable on every account cuz all of that is some real fucked up nonsense, I gotta say.
I can understand giving a non-answer (or at least something that doesn't pick a side) while something is still fresh and being investigated, and especially when the question is one like what HHH was asked because it would be idiotic to make any statement at a press conference that denies or admits guilt to knowing about what Vince had been up to when he was put back into the board of directors when the matter is now a legal one.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My point stands. No one takes responsibility for anything and it sucks. Hmph
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My point stands. No one takes responsibility for anything and it sucks. Hmph
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
King Charles III Diagnosed with Cancer
Pretty much what the title says. It isn't prostate cancer, but the specific type of cancer that is is hasn't been disclosed nor what stage it is in.

Currently he is undergoing treatment for it and the messaging being given is that it'll work out. Of course, there's no telling how true that is because I doubt the Palace would just say "Yeah the old geezer is doomed".

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
King Charles III Diagnosed with Cancer
Pretty much what the title says. It isn't prostate cancer, but the specific type of cancer that is is hasn't been disclosed nor what stage it is in.

Currently he is undergoing treatment for it and the messaging being given is that it'll work out. Of course, there's no telling how true that is because I doubt the Palace would just say "Yeah the old geezer is doomed".

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well that didn't last long. *shot*

Just an "Oh no! Anyway..." type of news to me, I mean dude's old already not exactly surprising he'd become afflicted with something. Probably using taxpayers money for the treatment anyway. So yeah whatever.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well that didn't last long. *shot*

Just an "Oh no! Anyway..." type of news to me, I mean dude's old already not exactly surprising he'd become afflicted with something. Probably using taxpayers money for the treatment anyway. So yeah whatever.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since the BBC said what hospital he's using I decided to see if I could find any pricing on there. Bladder cancer treatment starts at £2000 so the cost of Charles' treatment is going to quickly skyrocket, but it also says payments are done by card so I would assume the only public money that could be used for payment is going to be any that is given to the Royal Family as standard. I also believe they have to pay taxes on their own incomes too, so assuming they pay their fair share like everyone else they're at least still having to fund the treatment themselves to some extent even if in such a roundabout way.

I don't think whatever cancer he has is minor though. If it was they could have just said so because it would be unlikely to create a concern. Granted I don't know if any cancer can really be called minor but I guess my point is more if they could have shared something that quells speculation of how bad it is then it would've just been the smart thing to do so.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since the BBC said what hospital he's using I decided to see if I could find any pricing on there. Bladder cancer treatment starts at £2000 so the cost of Charles' treatment is going to quickly skyrocket, but it also says payments are done by card so I would assume the only public money that could be used for payment is going to be any that is given to the Royal Family as standard. I also believe they have to pay taxes on their own incomes too, so assuming they pay their fair share like everyone else they're at least still having to fund the treatment themselves to some extent even if in such a roundabout way.

I don't think whatever cancer he has is minor though. If it was they could have just said so because it would be unlikely to create a concern. Granted I don't know if any cancer can really be called minor but I guess my point is more if they could have shared something that quells speculation of how bad it is then it would've just been the smart thing to do so.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean cancer patients can go into remission if it's caught early enough, and depending on where it is, it can be easily removed (skin cancer, for example). Because chemotherapy was mentioned (by himself), it must be one that is deep/hard to get though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean cancer patients can go into remission if it's caught early enough, and depending on where it is, it can be easily removed (skin cancer, for example). Because chemotherapy was mentioned (by himself), it must be one that is deep/hard to get though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I figure the cancer would be deep given it was found during treatment for an enlarged prostate which I would assume involved an examination of it. Either way, I did try to look up what types of cancer can be found during such tests/treatments but Google is adamant on being useless as it usually is for looking things up nowadays. I guess maybe bowel cancer could be one? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I figure the cancer would be deep given it was found during treatment for an enlarged prostate which I would assume involved an examination of it. Either way, I did try to look up what types of cancer can be found during such tests/treatments but Google is adamant on being useless as it usually is for looking things up nowadays. I guess maybe bowel cancer could be one? Unsure
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rooster Teeth is Closing Down after 21 Years
In news that may or may not be shocking depending on how much you know about this company, Rooster Teeth have announced it will be closing down after 21 years of operation. The closure comes after unsuccessful attempts by parent company Warner Bros. Discovery to sell the company, and will result in layoffs for approximately 150 full-time employees as well as an undisclosed number of contractors and content creators.

Warner Bros. Discovery is currently in talks to sell the rights to certain Rooster Teeth content such as RWBY, Red vs. Blue, and Gen:Lock. The Roost podcast network which spans gaming, true crime, comedy and food is also up for sale, but will continue to operate for the time being.

A statement made to staff today about the closure revealed that Rooster Teeth had been operating at a loss for the past decade, despite cutting its staff team down over the years from what at one point was over 400 people. Their subscription service Rooster Teeth First peaked at 225,000 subscribers at the height of RWBY, but has since declined to only 60,000. RTX 2024 has obviously been cancelled, but the event has never turned a profit since it first began in 2011.

Nothing was shared on what will happen to any of the content on the company's YouTube channels, or to content that is exclusively hosted on their websites.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/ro...235931953/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rooster Teeth is Closing Down after 21 Years
In news that may or may not be shocking depending on how much you know about this company, Rooster Teeth have announced it will be closing down after 21 years of operation. The closure comes after unsuccessful attempts by parent company Warner Bros. Discovery to sell the company, and will result in layoffs for approximately 150 full-time employees as well as an undisclosed number of contractors and content creators.

Warner Bros. Discovery is currently in talks to sell the rights to certain Rooster Teeth content such as RWBY, Red vs. Blue, and Gen:Lock. The Roost podcast network which spans gaming, true crime, comedy and food is also up for sale, but will continue to operate for the time being.

A statement made to staff today about the closure revealed that Rooster Teeth had been operating at a loss for the past decade, despite cutting its staff team down over the years from what at one point was over 400 people. Their subscription service Rooster Teeth First peaked at 225,000 subscribers at the height of RWBY, but has since declined to only 60,000. RTX 2024 has obviously been cancelled, but the event has never turned a profit since it first began in 2011.

Nothing was shared on what will happen to any of the content on the company's YouTube channels, or to content that is exclusively hosted on their websites.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/ro...235931953/
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
And nothing of value was lost.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 7th, 2024, 03:06 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Loss of jobs excluded, I'd agree with this in regards to the content Rooster Teeth were putting out over at least the last five years or longer. I'd heard that RWBY had to even seek out funding from third parties and S9 performed so poorly the show wasn't renewed for a tenth season, and that was probably one of the biggest things the company got known for outside of Let's Plays. During their golden era they put out amazing stuff though (which a lot was unfortunately tainted by Ryan Haywood) and I would hope Warner Bros. doesn't decide to just nuke all of the content Rooster Teeth as a whole has ever produced.

Also, fuck Warner Bros. for apparently not telling anyone at RT this shutdown was happening until news also went public about it. I'd say I look forward to seeing WB dig their own grave but the pricks up top would clearly just tell their employees last minute and leave them high and dry while they take a hefty sum of money on their way out. Hmph

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 7th, 2024, 03:06 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Loss of jobs excluded, I'd agree with this in regards to the content Rooster Teeth were putting out over at least the last five years or longer. I'd heard that RWBY had to even seek out funding from third parties and S9 performed so poorly the show wasn't renewed for a tenth season, and that was probably one of the biggest things the company got known for outside of Let's Plays. During their golden era they put out amazing stuff though (which a lot was unfortunately tainted by Ryan Haywood) and I would hope Warner Bros. doesn't decide to just nuke all of the content Rooster Teeth as a whole has ever produced.

Also, fuck Warner Bros. for apparently not telling anyone at RT this shutdown was happening until news also went public about it. I'd say I look forward to seeing WB dig their own grave but the pricks up top would clearly just tell their employees last minute and leave them high and dry while they take a hefty sum of money on their way out. Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A shame but I'm not bothered by it. I did follow RWBY for a while up until...possibly middle of Volume 5 I think but just gave up and not cared since...*checks* Oh wait no Volume 7 then I stopped. Just dragged on but whatever.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A shame but I'm not bothered by it. I did follow RWBY for a while up until...possibly middle of Volume 5 I think but just gave up and not cared since...*checks* Oh wait no Volume 7 then I stopped. Just dragged on but whatever.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this year's edition of the Suez Canal style incident, brought to you by some dimwit driving a big ass freighter into a bridge in Baltimore this morning, causing the entire thing to collapse: Fortunately it happened in the very early hours of the morning when the bridge had few people using it, but I think there were some people on it as the BBC says there are six people still missing, and I doubt those people were on the boat.

I think the bridge is also a major connector between both sides of the river it's on, and that same river also leads to a big shipping port. I have no idea what the alternative methods to cross are, and I'm pretty sure this bridge going down has more or less brought that port to a complete halt until the debris is cleared, and even then the bridge has to be rebuilt which is going to cause obstructions to that waterway too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this year's edition of the Suez Canal style incident, brought to you by some dimwit driving a big ass freighter into a bridge in Baltimore this morning, causing the entire thing to collapse: Fortunately it happened in the very early hours of the morning when the bridge had few people using it, but I think there were some people on it as the BBC says there are six people still missing, and I doubt those people were on the boat.

I think the bridge is also a major connector between both sides of the river it's on, and that same river also leads to a big shipping port. I have no idea what the alternative methods to cross are, and I'm pretty sure this bridge going down has more or less brought that port to a complete halt until the debris is cleared, and even then the bridge has to be rebuilt which is going to cause obstructions to that waterway too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah so that's how the bridge went down. Noticed news videos being suggested to me about it (I don't usually watch news stuff on there, there's just a category on my home page), but I wasn't interested enough to view them just knew it happened, I wasn't planning on being on YT for that long anyway. So the cause was power loss and the ship lost control going off course slightly. Perhaps proper checks weren't done or something before setting off? Just the worst place to lose power so close to a bridge, tragic.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah so that's how the bridge went down. Noticed news videos being suggested to me about it (I don't usually watch news stuff on there, there's just a category on my home page), but I wasn't interested enough to view them just knew it happened, I wasn't planning on being on YT for that long anyway. So the cause was power loss and the ship lost control going off course slightly. Perhaps proper checks weren't done or something before setting off? Just the worst place to lose power so close to a bridge, tragic.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently there was a fire on the ship which was what caused it to then have power outages. The crew had already sent out a mayday which resulted in the bridge being closed off, but not everyone on it (notably the construction workers) was informed.

I find it funny how people are claiming the bridge could have withstood the impact if it had more protection around the supports. Some in my class today were spouting that nonsense to which I said that would be like thinking an extra layer of wall on the WTC would have stopped the planes that hit it. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently there was a fire on the ship which was what caused it to then have power outages. The crew had already sent out a mayday which resulted in the bridge being closed off, but not everyone on it (notably the construction workers) was informed.

I find it funny how people are claiming the bridge could have withstood the impact if it had more protection around the supports. Some in my class today were spouting that nonsense to which I said that would be like thinking an extra layer of wall on the WTC would have stopped the planes that hit it. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, this is one of those things that spreads a whole bunch of conspiracies and theories but really only has the answer of "freak accident". The only thing that, in theory, could have possibly been prevented was the origin of the fire. If the fire never started, the domino effect could've been stopped. Alas.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, this is one of those things that spreads a whole bunch of conspiracies and theories but really only has the answer of "freak accident". The only thing that, in theory, could have possibly been prevented was the origin of the fire. If the fire never started, the domino effect could've been stopped. Alas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,637,761 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 45 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,526 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,930 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,311 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL