Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nope, haven't watched the news recently. You're right about it looking like a Concrete Donkey was dropped, such devastation. Says medical supplies were included there among lots of other things, and the cause being poorly stored ammonium nitrate? Yeesh. Think everywhere needs to double check their own storage of such things.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nope, haven't watched the news recently. You're right about it looking like a Concrete Donkey was dropped, such devastation. Says medical supplies were included there among lots of other things, and the cause being poorly stored ammonium nitrate? Yeesh. Think everywhere needs to double check their own storage of such things.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I believe the stuff was next to a fireworks factory which if so, is incredibly stupid. The grain being next to it is also risky since it doesn't take much for that to become a bomb if you don't manage it correctly, believe it or not. The whole thing in hindsight just screams of a disaster waiting to happen.

Experts also estimated that the explosion was 12% the force of a nuclear bomb.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I believe the stuff was next to a fireworks factory which if so, is incredibly stupid. The grain being next to it is also risky since it doesn't take much for that to become a bomb if you don't manage it correctly, believe it or not. The whole thing in hindsight just screams of a disaster waiting to happen.

Experts also estimated that the explosion was 12% the force of a nuclear bomb.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Trump supporters have stormed the Capitol Building in protest of the electoral college votes being counted to officially declare Biden as President, or something to that effect.

Regardless, it's embarrassing yet not shocking to see. Every single one should be arrested and put on trial though. There's no justification for the shit that's going on right now.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Trump supporters have stormed the Capitol Building in protest of the electoral college votes being counted to officially declare Biden as President, or something to that effect.

Regardless, it's embarrassing yet not shocking to see. Every single one should be arrested and put on trial though. There's no justification for the shit that's going on right now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 6th, 2021, 10:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That won't happen. Same thing should have happened with every BLM "protestor" over the summer, but instead the ones who caused the most damage will be targeted while the ones who were just kind of there will be ignored, because the cost of persecuting them would be far too high compared to what they did or didn't do. They'll arrest the ones who seemed to have started it and worked up the crowd to the point of going into a frenzy. 

To some extent I do agree though. It would cost way too much to put every single one of them through trial, and although they shouldn't have went into the building, the ones who went in and just kind of stood around doing nothing should be ignored. Maybe hit them with a fine for trespassing or something, but if they didn't steal/cause any damage, there's no point in a full-blown trial and a major waste of taxpayer dollars. 

The picture of the guy carrying that podium will make it easy for them to find him though. In the heat of a moment he thought it was funny, but won't be finding it too funny when he has the feds knocking at his door.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 6th, 2021, 10:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That won't happen. Same thing should have happened with every BLM "protestor" over the summer, but instead the ones who caused the most damage will be targeted while the ones who were just kind of there will be ignored, because the cost of persecuting them would be far too high compared to what they did or didn't do. They'll arrest the ones who seemed to have started it and worked up the crowd to the point of going into a frenzy. 

To some extent I do agree though. It would cost way too much to put every single one of them through trial, and although they shouldn't have went into the building, the ones who went in and just kind of stood around doing nothing should be ignored. Maybe hit them with a fine for trespassing or something, but if they didn't steal/cause any damage, there's no point in a full-blown trial and a major waste of taxpayer dollars. 

The picture of the guy carrying that podium will make it easy for them to find him though. In the heat of a moment he thought it was funny, but won't be finding it too funny when he has the feds knocking at his door.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, fine everyone who trespassed and anyone who incited everyone or went further than that should be charged with higher crimes. There absolutely needs to be an example set that discourages this sort of shit from happening.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, fine everyone who trespassed and anyone who incited everyone or went further than that should be charged with higher crimes. There absolutely needs to be an example set that discourages this sort of shit from happening.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It was nuts to watch, well I saw a part of it when watching Twitch. Was watching Trihex who was looking at news from the incident and a live stream from some guy that was there. Although at that point all I saw was huge crowd standing outside a door and occasionally chanting "U S A" like idiots or random crap. The worst had already happened but it was still bad as they were still trespassing and hadn't moved away yet. I assumed the ones who got in were either in the building still or left and rejoined the crowd outside. Agree on there should be fines for trespassers and worse consequences for those who were captured on photo or who initiated it all, especially people who actually broke into the building.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It was nuts to watch, well I saw a part of it when watching Twitch. Was watching Trihex who was looking at news from the incident and a live stream from some guy that was there. Although at that point all I saw was huge crowd standing outside a door and occasionally chanting "U S A" like idiots or random crap. The worst had already happened but it was still bad as they were still trespassing and hadn't moved away yet. I assumed the ones who got in were either in the building still or left and rejoined the crowd outside. Agree on there should be fines for trespassers and worse consequences for those who were captured on photo or who initiated it all, especially people who actually broke into the building.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
One woman got shot and killed by secret service agents and somehow she's being hailed as a hero by some people. Last I checked the secret service doesn't shoot at actual heroes. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
One woman got shot and killed by secret service agents and somehow she's being hailed as a hero by some people. Last I checked the secret service doesn't shoot at actual heroes. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I was honestly surprised when I heard about this yesterday! I kinda don't really know what they were trying to do maybe they were planning on attacking the senate which is really screwed up, or maybe they really did want to just protest, but I'm just kinda shocked by all the hypocrits that supported those protest saying they were peaceful, but not the BLM protest where I feel like there is a legit history and a legit reasons for those protest instead of a whining orange man crying that he WON YUGELY! LOOK AT HIS HANDS! HE IS A BIG DEAL AND TOTALLY WON THE ELECTION! Apparently there was really no center authority for the cops there so basically they did whatever they wanted.

Some took selfies with the protesters and others were just trying to do their jobs and apparently one of them shot a woman because the issue with their trigger happy nature really hasn't been addressed.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I was honestly surprised when I heard about this yesterday! I kinda don't really know what they were trying to do maybe they were planning on attacking the senate which is really screwed up, or maybe they really did want to just protest, but I'm just kinda shocked by all the hypocrits that supported those protest saying they were peaceful, but not the BLM protest where I feel like there is a legit history and a legit reasons for those protest instead of a whining orange man crying that he WON YUGELY! LOOK AT HIS HANDS! HE IS A BIG DEAL AND TOTALLY WON THE ELECTION! Apparently there was really no center authority for the cops there so basically they did whatever they wanted.

Some took selfies with the protesters and others were just trying to do their jobs and apparently one of them shot a woman because the issue with their trigger happy nature really hasn't been addressed.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A cop didn't shoot because of poor discipline. From the footage I've seen, a door had been barricaded and a secret service member behind the door had his gun aimed and stated multiple times not to enter. One woman tried climbing through a broken window in the door despite this and so he shot her. It definitely isn't a cop because he isn't dressed like one.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A cop didn't shoot because of poor discipline. From the footage I've seen, a door had been barricaded and a secret service member behind the door had his gun aimed and stated multiple times not to enter. One woman tried climbing through a broken window in the door despite this and so he shot her. It definitely isn't a cop because he isn't dressed like one.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Don't think I'd want to watch that sounds sad really, but I do wonder couldn't he have resolved it without shooting? I mean the woman would probably still of got hurt, but she didn't need to be shot. Eh Now if she had a gun and was shooting at him okay all bets are off, but I really feel like most use of force probably could of been pulled off without killing someone even if that wasn't their intention.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Don't think I'd want to watch that sounds sad really, but I do wonder couldn't he have resolved it without shooting? I mean the woman would probably still of got hurt, but she didn't need to be shot. Eh Now if she had a gun and was shooting at him okay all bets are off, but I really feel like most use of force probably could of been pulled off without killing someone even if that wasn't their intention.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it's because he was defending the hall that led to where the politicians were or something. He's also alone in the shot, so him trying to restrain her would just open him to others trying to get in. Everyone else appears to actually stop attacking that door when he announces himself except for her, so it falls on her really. I also don't know if secret service members even try to restrain attackers or not.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it's because he was defending the hall that led to where the politicians were or something. He's also alone in the shot, so him trying to restrain her would just open him to others trying to get in. Everyone else appears to actually stop attacking that door when he announces himself except for her, so it falls on her really. I also don't know if secret service members even try to restrain attackers or not.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thats true too and he did warn her and frankly I really don't get what she was expecting or the other protester really? You knock down the door of the senate doing it thing what are you expecting to happen that they'll suddenly be like, "Oh yup...it says right here that orange man won!" and then everyone stands up and claps for the protesters at defeating the corrupt government!

I wonder if any of the protester had weapons on them cause from what I hear the woman that died was an air force vet.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thats true too and he did warn her and frankly I really don't get what she was expecting or the other protester really? You knock down the door of the senate doing it thing what are you expecting to happen that they'll suddenly be like, "Oh yup...it says right here that orange man won!" and then everyone stands up and claps for the protesters at defeating the corrupt government!

I wonder if any of the protester had weapons on them cause from what I hear the woman that died was an air force vet.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've heard some had guns, I've seen one with zip ties, and I've heard claims of bombs but I don't know how solid that is. As dumb as I think the reasoning is, them protesting isn't the problem. It's the way they executed it that was the issue. If they had just stood outside protesting none of the crazy shit that happened would've happened. But the trouble is they didn't think that would be enough.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've heard some had guns, I've seen one with zip ties, and I've heard claims of bombs but I don't know how solid that is. As dumb as I think the reasoning is, them protesting isn't the problem. It's the way they executed it that was the issue. If they had just stood outside protesting none of the crazy shit that happened would've happened. But the trouble is they didn't think that would be enough.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 7th, 2021, 10:42 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Don't think I'd want to watch that sounds sad really, but I do wonder couldn't he have resolved it without shooting? I mean the woman would probably still of got hurt, but she didn't need to be shot. Eh 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If a member of the god damn Secret Service tells you to stop, you stop. You don't continue trying to break in. They are tasked with the protection of the Vice President through any means necessary. Same thing with the rioters this summer. I don't feel any sympathy for any of them. 

Granted I would never be stupid enough to break into the Capital Building to begin with, but if a Secret Service member told me to fuck off, you'd bet I would proceed to promptly fuck off. Same thing with a cop. Cop tells you not to reach into your car, the dumbest thing you can possibly do is proceed to reach into your car.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 7th, 2021, 10:42 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Don't think I'd want to watch that sounds sad really, but I do wonder couldn't he have resolved it without shooting? I mean the woman would probably still of got hurt, but she didn't need to be shot. Eh 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If a member of the god damn Secret Service tells you to stop, you stop. You don't continue trying to break in. They are tasked with the protection of the Vice President through any means necessary. Same thing with the rioters this summer. I don't feel any sympathy for any of them. 

Granted I would never be stupid enough to break into the Capital Building to begin with, but if a Secret Service member told me to fuck off, you'd bet I would proceed to promptly fuck off. Same thing with a cop. Cop tells you not to reach into your car, the dumbest thing you can possibly do is proceed to reach into your car.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
if they did protest outside I don't think this would be that crazy it just going down there and trying to break down the door that turned this into treason and resulted in the dead that we had. Gasp

@Dragon Lord Thats true Night Lord, but sometimes even if you do what the person with the gun says doesn't mean they will not shoot, but by listening you do reduce your risk of dying, but you have to count on the person with the gun being properly trained and not trigger happy. Though I'm really shocked that a vet wouldn't listen to what the secret service guy was saying....I kinda think they might be even more trigger happy than the cops because their job isn't to serve the public, but to put down any potential threats to whoever is being protected.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
if they did protest outside I don't think this would be that crazy it just going down there and trying to break down the door that turned this into treason and resulted in the dead that we had. Gasp

@Dragon Lord Thats true Night Lord, but sometimes even if you do what the person with the gun says doesn't mean they will not shoot, but by listening you do reduce your risk of dying, but you have to count on the person with the gun being properly trained and not trigger happy. Though I'm really shocked that a vet wouldn't listen to what the secret service guy was saying....I kinda think they might be even more trigger happy than the cops because their job isn't to serve the public, but to put down any potential threats to whoever is being protected.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,628,322 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 39 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,434 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,786 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,295 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL