[BREAKING] News Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Doing your job to protect the Vice President of the United States (regardless of one's personal feelings on that individual) =/= being trigger happy. He announced himself and gave warnings that continuing trying to break in would result in consequences. Common sense tells most people that a Secret Service member who is guarding the room that these high ranking politicians are in is going to use lethal force.

Labeling him as "trigger happy" just because the trendy thing to do now days is be anti-cop is very disrespectful to the Secret Service member who was just doing his job. Let's say he doesn't shoot, she gets in, turns out SHE has a weapon, incapacitates him, and then the rest flood in and storm the room the members of the Senate were in? I'm sure it would have been a hell of a lot worse than one dead idiot.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Doing your job to protect the Vice President of the United States (regardless of one's personal feelings on that individual) =/= being trigger happy. He announced himself and gave warnings that continuing trying to break in would result in consequences. Common sense tells most people that a Secret Service member who is guarding the room that these high ranking politicians are in is going to use lethal force.

Labeling him as "trigger happy" just because the trendy thing to do now days is be anti-cop is very disrespectful to the Secret Service member who was just doing his job. Let's say he doesn't shoot, she gets in, turns out SHE has a weapon, incapacitates him, and then the rest flood in and storm the room the members of the Senate were in? I'm sure it would have been a hell of a lot worse than one dead idiot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Secret Service are only trigger happy in the sense that they won't hesitate to shoot to stop a perceived threat that is refusing to back down. They only have to hesitate at the wrong moment and a President or something could end up dead because they weren't protected. It would be like trying to break into Buckingham Palace and attempting to break down a door where the Queen is hiding; the royal guard are not going to assume anything but ill intent at the risk of being wrong for something that is incredibly important to protect. Being truly trigger happy would mean the guy was looking for an excuse to fire the gun when the situation doesn't call for it, and would certainly not issue multiple warnings. He gave her so many chances to stop.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Secret Service are only trigger happy in the sense that they won't hesitate to shoot to stop a perceived threat that is refusing to back down. They only have to hesitate at the wrong moment and a President or something could end up dead because they weren't protected. It would be like trying to break into Buckingham Palace and attempting to break down a door where the Queen is hiding; the royal guard are not going to assume anything but ill intent at the risk of being wrong for something that is incredibly important to protect. Being truly trigger happy would mean the guy was looking for an excuse to fire the gun when the situation doesn't call for it, and would certainly not issue multiple warnings. He gave her so many chances to stop.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
[Image: 5ff47eb74539022bd945d363_o_U_v2.jpg]

Good to see that the Democrats are really focusing on the important issues early in 2021. Between this and trying to impeach a president who is 12 days away from being out of office (and would be something like 5 days away by the time the impeachment process would begin). Let's not help the people who need financial aid from COVID closures, especially small businesses that have been closing left and right because they can't be open at all while mega-corporations like Walmart can run at full capacity. Instead, let's focus on being petty and trying to get that last laugh against Trump despite the fact that he's going to be booted out regardless. 

Solid proof that, though for different reasons, the Democrats and Republicans are just as stupid as the other.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
[Image: 5ff47eb74539022bd945d363_o_U_v2.jpg]

Good to see that the Democrats are really focusing on the important issues early in 2021. Between this and trying to impeach a president who is 12 days away from being out of office (and would be something like 5 days away by the time the impeachment process would begin). Let's not help the people who need financial aid from COVID closures, especially small businesses that have been closing left and right because they can't be open at all while mega-corporations like Walmart can run at full capacity. Instead, let's focus on being petty and trying to get that last laugh against Trump despite the fact that he's going to be booted out regardless. 

Solid proof that, though for different reasons, the Democrats and Republicans are just as stupid as the other.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the point of the impeachment is to stop him from being able to ever run again for President, which would be a good thing to happen. I don't really get why there needed to be approval for word usage though; couldn't it just be a thing they just start doing without needing to do an approval process for it?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the point of the impeachment is to stop him from being able to ever run again for President, which would be a good thing to happen. I don't really get why there needed to be approval for word usage though; couldn't it just be a thing they just start doing without needing to do an approval process for it?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I don't really mean that they shouldn't I'm more using trigger happy to say they will shoot first before asking question more than the cops would and the lady didn't do what she was suppose to be. She herself decided to do so and apparently she was a conspiracy theorist so I'm not really surprised she would ignore the warning and get shot.

Oh and Night Lord the reason I believe they are focusing on trying to impeach Trump with just a week left is to make sure he can't run in any public office anymore. Small businesses and people really need some help with the pandemic still rolling around and honestly should come first, but I guess they really don't want Trump anywhere near politics anymore and frankly I really hope we don't see that fucking nut anywhere else ever again.

As for the gender neutral language it just being inclusive and really doesn't hurt anything, but it really should be last on the agenda and the American people really sohuld come first. Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I don't really mean that they shouldn't I'm more using trigger happy to say they will shoot first before asking question more than the cops would and the lady didn't do what she was suppose to be. She herself decided to do so and apparently she was a conspiracy theorist so I'm not really surprised she would ignore the warning and get shot.

Oh and Night Lord the reason I believe they are focusing on trying to impeach Trump with just a week left is to make sure he can't run in any public office anymore. Small businesses and people really need some help with the pandemic still rolling around and honestly should come first, but I guess they really don't want Trump anywhere near politics anymore and frankly I really hope we don't see that fucking nut anywhere else ever again.

As for the gender neutral language it just being inclusive and really doesn't hurt anything, but it really should be last on the agenda and the American people really sohuld come first. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As stupid as it is to not do it, I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats don't push for any better stimulus stuff because if it passed before the 20th, Trump will just take the credit for it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As stupid as it is to not do it, I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats don't push for any better stimulus stuff because if it passed before the 20th, Trump will just take the credit for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
There's no chance Trump is going to be re-elected after the rioting. Especially since he referred to the rioters as "special", that pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for him ever getting back in office. I can't see the Republican party ever being willing to nominate him again. Most of them don't want to be associated with him any more. There's only a handful of Republicans who are staying on his side, but they are now in the minority. I just don't see it being something we'd need to concern ourselves with. Trump has put himself permanently out of office already. 

Nah, Liberal Democrats won't be happy until the force the rest of the country to use "gender neutral" terms and "proper pronouns" and other dumb shit like that. This came from the House, which is ran by Nancy Pelosi, who is a complete dipshit, so don't be surprised to see them waste more time on things like this instead of focusing on matters of actual importance.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
There's no chance Trump is going to be re-elected after the rioting. Especially since he referred to the rioters as "special", that pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for him ever getting back in office. I can't see the Republican party ever being willing to nominate him again. Most of them don't want to be associated with him any more. There's only a handful of Republicans who are staying on his side, but they are now in the minority. I just don't see it being something we'd need to concern ourselves with. Trump has put himself permanently out of office already. 

Nah, Liberal Democrats won't be happy until the force the rest of the country to use "gender neutral" terms and "proper pronouns" and other dumb shit like that. This came from the House, which is ran by Nancy Pelosi, who is a complete dipshit, so don't be surprised to see them waste more time on things like this instead of focusing on matters of actual importance.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Putting the Democratic party and whatever excuses they can make aside, is there anything else that stops them just putting through good things that need to be put through that they don't oppose? The recent elections in Georgia gave them the majority of the senate, right? So what, if anything, can stop them from just pushing through all the shit they need to as soon as it's feasible (except for themselves)?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Putting the Democratic party and whatever excuses they can make aside, is there anything else that stops them just putting through good things that need to be put through that they don't oppose? The recent elections in Georgia gave them the majority of the senate, right? So what, if anything, can stop them from just pushing through all the shit they need to as soon as it's feasible (except for themselves)?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I really hope that they do but honestly I agree with Night Lord that both parties are frickin awful, but the democrats at least seem more willing to hand out the aid that we need during the pandemic instead of just one old rich asshole being like...."only 600" where it will help, but it won't go very far. Eh

@Dragon Lord I really hope they wouldn't re-nominate him, but considering him getting in was a very "What the fuck?!" eye opening moment for me in 2016 and with Brexit I honestly never underestimate people doing stupid crap that really is against their best interest. Errm I feel like your probably right, but I am forever going to be cautious about this stuff and really hope they don't try to nominate a Republican that like Trump next term....and I really hope we will get rid of BIden for next term I'd like to see two actual good candidates for a change instead of two crap ones. Meh

I don't really think we'd see much beside maybe more gender neutral terminology on government documents, but the pronoun stuff I don't think they'd do anything about that in a law term cause I feel like he/her/they really cover anything if someone ask you to call them something else alright. *shrug* But I really do hope they prioritize more important stuff first.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I really hope that they do but honestly I agree with Night Lord that both parties are frickin awful, but the democrats at least seem more willing to hand out the aid that we need during the pandemic instead of just one old rich asshole being like...."only 600" where it will help, but it won't go very far. Eh

@Dragon Lord I really hope they wouldn't re-nominate him, but considering him getting in was a very "What the fuck?!" eye opening moment for me in 2016 and with Brexit I honestly never underestimate people doing stupid crap that really is against their best interest. Errm I feel like your probably right, but I am forever going to be cautious about this stuff and really hope they don't try to nominate a Republican that like Trump next term....and I really hope we will get rid of BIden for next term I'd like to see two actual good candidates for a change instead of two crap ones. Meh

I don't really think we'd see much beside maybe more gender neutral terminology on government documents, but the pronoun stuff I don't think they'd do anything about that in a law term cause I feel like he/her/they really cover anything if someone ask you to call them something else alright. *shrug* But I really do hope they prioritize more important stuff first.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2021, 08:51 PM)Yuri Wrote:
...with Brexit I honestly never underestimate people doing stupid crap that really is against their best interest. Errm
Brexit's problem was the promises it made that were never going to be kept that people bought into, and idiots who voted for it thinking it wouldn't win without realising that if enough people do that guess what, it wins! That's the trouble with politics as a whole though; too many people saying what people want to hear but not necessarily having the intention to do it, because it only takes a promise to get a vote if you don't have a track record of being a liar unless your opponent makes better promises and/or has an established track record of getting good shit done.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
...with Brexit I honestly never underestimate people doing stupid crap that really is against their best interest. Errm
Brexit's problem was the promises it made that were never going to be kept that people bought into, and idiots who voted for it thinking it wouldn't win without realising that if enough people do that guess what, it wins! That's the trouble with politics as a whole though; too many people saying what people want to hear but not necessarily having the intention to do it, because it only takes a promise to get a vote if you don't have a track record of being a liar unless your opponent makes better promises and/or has an established track record of getting good shit done.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jan 8th, 2021, 08:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Unfortunately nothing. Democrats will now have to the power to fuck up this country as much as they want and there's very little that can stand in their way. This is why it's normally a good thing when at least one of the branches are in control by the opposing party. 

The thing about "only $600" is that it needs to be repaid eventually. Democrats handing out thousands upon thousands in Stimulus sounds good, until you realize that down the road they're going to come back to collect, and such reckless spending of money is going to destroy our economy even more. Giving aid to small businesses that need it is fine, because it's not their fault that dipshit Governors (like Minnesota's Tim Walz) can't decide whether they can be open or not, and changes the rules every couple of weeks, while letting major corporations stay open with no limitations. The Millionaires in the United States gained over $1 trillion in worth over the course of 2020, while so many small businesses had to close for good because they couldn't even get a tiny bit of help. 

What I'm not in favor of, however, is handing out thousands of dollars every month to lazy 20-year olds who just don't want to work. There's plenty of work to be had out there still. 

Also there's no way they would nominate Trump again. Like I said, a lot of Republicans who were on his side are turning against him now. The reason they nominated him in 2016 was because they thought having someone who wasn't a career politician as President would be a good thing (as we found out, other than a pretty decent economy, it wasn't). He's going to be forever an outcast in the Political world, and he won't be holding any office what-so-ever after this, impeachment or not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jan 8th, 2021, 08:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Unfortunately nothing. Democrats will now have to the power to fuck up this country as much as they want and there's very little that can stand in their way. This is why it's normally a good thing when at least one of the branches are in control by the opposing party. 

The thing about "only $600" is that it needs to be repaid eventually. Democrats handing out thousands upon thousands in Stimulus sounds good, until you realize that down the road they're going to come back to collect, and such reckless spending of money is going to destroy our economy even more. Giving aid to small businesses that need it is fine, because it's not their fault that dipshit Governors (like Minnesota's Tim Walz) can't decide whether they can be open or not, and changes the rules every couple of weeks, while letting major corporations stay open with no limitations. The Millionaires in the United States gained over $1 trillion in worth over the course of 2020, while so many small businesses had to close for good because they couldn't even get a tiny bit of help. 

What I'm not in favor of, however, is handing out thousands of dollars every month to lazy 20-year olds who just don't want to work. There's plenty of work to be had out there still. 

Also there's no way they would nominate Trump again. Like I said, a lot of Republicans who were on his side are turning against him now. The reason they nominated him in 2016 was because they thought having someone who wasn't a career politician as President would be a good thing (as we found out, other than a pretty decent economy, it wasn't). He's going to be forever an outcast in the Political world, and he won't be holding any office what-so-ever after this, impeachment or not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2021/02/ru...-bird-flu/

Really hope this doesn't escalate and stays within the few who got it. It'd be awful to have to deal with another virus when the world is at least starting to make progress of getting rid of the current one.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2021/02/ru...-bird-flu/

Really hope this doesn't escalate and stays within the few who got it. It'd be awful to have to deal with another virus when the world is at least starting to make progress of getting rid of the current one.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well it doesn't show any sign of spreading from human to human, but it is early on in the lifespan of this new virus so who knows. I don't personally think it'll go very far from where it is, and if anything it'll be contained to just chicken-to-human transmission, so just cut out the middleman of not eating the chicken and you have no problem  Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well it doesn't show any sign of spreading from human to human, but it is early on in the lifespan of this new virus so who knows. I don't personally think it'll go very far from where it is, and if anything it'll be contained to just chicken-to-human transmission, so just cut out the middleman of not eating the chicken and you have no problem  Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah we don't need another wide spread panic. Hopefully it'll stay within where people deal with sick birds, although still bad for them, and not become something contagious between humans.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah we don't need another wide spread panic. Hopefully it'll stay within where people deal with sick birds, although still bad for them, and not become something contagious between humans.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Like everything else that happens in the world, I'm not going to worry about it because I have better things to use my time and energy on. Never worried about the previous Bird Flu, the Ebola panic or COVID, not gonna start with worrying about this one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Like everything else that happens in the world, I'm not going to worry about it because I have better things to use my time and energy on. Never worried about the previous Bird Flu, the Ebola panic or COVID, not gonna start with worrying about this one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,636,860 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 41 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,446 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,824 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,309 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL