Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
^^^
Sounds like the opening to an album or an interlude between songs and I kept feeling the expectation of the song just going into some sick lyrical song the second it was over. XD
Also I've never heard of Math Rock before. Blink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
^^^
Sounds like the opening to an album or an interlude between songs and I kept feeling the expectation of the song just going into some sick lyrical song the second it was over. XD
Also I've never heard of Math Rock before. Blink
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Math Rock, despite the name, has nothing to do with mathematics. Rather, it's a form of progressive rock that is build around technical and structural complexity. Basically, if you take all the most pretentious things of Prog Rock (weird rhythms, odd time signatures, and advanced music theory concepts), and amplified them to their natural conclusion, you get Math Rock. Or, as one metal musician put it, it's "Super Jazz". Even though you've never heard the term before, I can guarantee you've heard a Math Rock song. "Atlas" by Battles was used as one of the tracks in LittleBigPlanet.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Math Rock, despite the name, has nothing to do with mathematics. Rather, it's a form of progressive rock that is build around technical and structural complexity. Basically, if you take all the most pretentious things of Prog Rock (weird rhythms, odd time signatures, and advanced music theory concepts), and amplified them to their natural conclusion, you get Math Rock. Or, as one metal musician put it, it's "Super Jazz". Even though you've never heard the term before, I can guarantee you've heard a Math Rock song. "Atlas" by Battles was used as one of the tracks in LittleBigPlanet.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Even though you've never heard the term before, I can guarantee you've heard a Math Rock song. "Atlas" by Battles was used as one of the tracks in LittleBigPlanet.
Oh I absolutely know that song, and seeing you describe Math Rock I can definitely see it in that one given how it constantly has changing rhythms and odd things throughout it. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Even though you've never heard the term before, I can guarantee you've heard a Math Rock song. "Atlas" by Battles was used as one of the tracks in LittleBigPlanet.
Oh I absolutely know that song, and seeing you describe Math Rock I can definitely see it in that one given how it constantly has changing rhythms and odd things throughout it. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah Polyphia! I've come across them in my time of exploring math rock and djent bands when I found them interesting. I had a The Omnific song on my Spotify library, and TesseracTs and Intervals as well. Very cool band. Checking out that album now that that song's featured on. Pretty bangin'. Smile

Last (re)watched episodes 6 and 7 of Golden Time. Miss that show. It's such a mature take on the romance genre in anime. Well, mature enough for people our age I should really say Tongue
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah Polyphia! I've come across them in my time of exploring math rock and djent bands when I found them interesting. I had a The Omnific song on my Spotify library, and TesseracTs and Intervals as well. Very cool band. Checking out that album now that that song's featured on. Pretty bangin'. Smile

Last (re)watched episodes 6 and 7 of Golden Time. Miss that show. It's such a mature take on the romance genre in anime. Well, mature enough for people our age I should really say Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

I love the crash montage videos this channel has from their racing videos, so to see they've now made a series dedicated to just crashing is right up my alley! Grin

I'd like to see them make a four way arena with one car entering from each side. Or just launch them all and make it look like the opening to any demolition arena match in the Destruction Derby games. Wow

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

I love the crash montage videos this channel has from their racing videos, so to see they've now made a series dedicated to just crashing is right up my alley! Grin

I'd like to see them make a four way arena with one car entering from each side. Or just launch them all and make it look like the opening to any demolition arena match in the Destruction Derby games. Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My only criticism of those videos lies in the fact of their inherent limitation: they can only be boosted once, as is the nature with those kinds of cars. I'd probably find it much more entertaining if they were remote controlled i.e. battlebots style, but alas. Still, very well made and love the cheesy nature of it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My only criticism of those videos lies in the fact of their inherent limitation: they can only be boosted once, as is the nature with those kinds of cars. I'd probably find it much more entertaining if they were remote controlled i.e. battlebots style, but alas. Still, very well made and love the cheesy nature of it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 16th, 2021, 05:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The problem with that approach would be that the same two people (the hosts) would be in control of the cars, and so it would likely end up becoming predictable if one of them is better at controlling the cars than the other person. The whole channel is focused around diecast model cars though and those cars basically controlling themselves after being launched in either a race or derby, so a remote control approach wouldn't work with such cars because of the size limitation.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 16th, 2021, 05:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The problem with that approach would be that the same two people (the hosts) would be in control of the cars, and so it would likely end up becoming predictable if one of them is better at controlling the cars than the other person. The whole channel is focused around diecast model cars though and those cars basically controlling themselves after being launched in either a race or derby, so a remote control approach wouldn't work with such cars because of the size limitation.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well that's why I say it's an inherent limitation of the medium they chose, and I think what they do with it is still pretty cool, I just miss that extra bit of oomph I guess?

Reminiscing the early days of GDQ when runs were fun. Was watching the 2013 and 2014 AGDQ runs for Yoshi's Island that really got me into watching speedruns (and, effectively, making me follow Trihex). It's all organic and wholesome, which I'd say is the opposite of GDQ now (straight-laced and corporate).

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well that's why I say it's an inherent limitation of the medium they chose, and I think what they do with it is still pretty cool, I just miss that extra bit of oomph I guess?

Reminiscing the early days of GDQ when runs were fun. Was watching the 2013 and 2014 AGDQ runs for Yoshi's Island that really got me into watching speedruns (and, effectively, making me follow Trihex). It's all organic and wholesome, which I'd say is the opposite of GDQ now (straight-laced and corporate).

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Went and saw this a few hours ago. Very good movie overall, although the middle gets slow because the movie needs to deliver a massive info dump before the finale can kick off, and some of the CGI in the movie looks really rough at times. Has the typical fun and enjoyment Marvel movies deliver as their bread and butter so if you're into that stuff you'll like this.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Went and saw this a few hours ago. Very good movie overall, although the middle gets slow because the movie needs to deliver a massive info dump before the finale can kick off, and some of the CGI in the movie looks really rough at times. Has the typical fun and enjoyment Marvel movies deliver as their bread and butter so if you're into that stuff you'll like this.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it's got some of the best action I've seen in a Marvel film. Reminded me of Jackie Chan and Rush Hour type movies in parts. It honestly made me forget a lot of the time it was a Marvel film, and when it did have it's weird moments, I was taken aback.
Overall very good, very well told and great acting
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it's got some of the best action I've seen in a Marvel film. Reminded me of Jackie Chan and Rush Hour type movies in parts. It honestly made me forget a lot of the time it was a Marvel film, and when it did have it's weird moments, I was taken aback.
Overall very good, very well told and great acting
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Watched this last night when it came into my YouTube front page. Incredibly good video and I plan to watch everything else on this person's channel, even of games I've not played to necessarily know all the jokes and references.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Watched this last night when it came into my YouTube front page. Incredibly good video and I plan to watch everything else on this person's channel, even of games I've not played to necessarily know all the jokes and references.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Episode 10 of Squid Game.

Damn good show.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Damn good show.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2021, 06:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Damn good show.
@ShiraNoMai mentioned this show to me last night and compared it to Deadman Wonderland in terms of the competitive concept. Taking a look at the incredibly brief plot overview for the show, it seems to be that mixed in with something like Saw where people are being picked out based on a "desirable" or common trait they all share. The only thing that I'm unsure of with the show is whether it suffers from the feeling that the main character is destined to get through it and so the stakes that the show sets up for them don't ultimately mean anything. For all I know they could suffer just as much as everyone else; I'm just a little curious about if the stakes require a suspension of disbelief if there's any sign of protecting particular characters. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2021, 06:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Damn good show.
@ShiraNoMai mentioned this show to me last night and compared it to Deadman Wonderland in terms of the competitive concept. Taking a look at the incredibly brief plot overview for the show, it seems to be that mixed in with something like Saw where people are being picked out based on a "desirable" or common trait they all share. The only thing that I'm unsure of with the show is whether it suffers from the feeling that the main character is destined to get through it and so the stakes that the show sets up for them don't ultimately mean anything. For all I know they could suffer just as much as everyone else; I'm just a little curious about if the stakes require a suspension of disbelief if there's any sign of protecting particular characters. Hmm
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I'm currently doing "double duty" between "My Hero Academia: Season 5" and "Fena: Pirate Princess".

I'm LOVING Fena, but unless MHA packs a serious punch (and delivers it soon), this is the last season I watch. Loved to see the ever-teased Class-B in action, but... too little, too late.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I'm currently doing "double duty" between "My Hero Academia: Season 5" and "Fena: Pirate Princess".

I'm LOVING Fena, but unless MHA packs a serious punch (and delivers it soon), this is the last season I watch. Loved to see the ever-teased Class-B in action, but... too little, too late.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I don't know where MHA is right now but I know I last left off with Deku, Bakugo and Shoto doing their work study with Endeavour. The only memorable things that have happened in it recently for me though are just the set ups for future things like when Endeavour gets the notebook.

Right now I'm watching Barb on Twitch playing Dead Space 2 in Hardcore mode. I'm trying to see if I can pick up any techniques from him since I never managed to finish that mode myself. XD
Prior to that I've been watching What If...? to get all caught up before tonight's episode, and on Sunday I watched the newest Boruto episode. I still think Boruto is pretty good despite seeing people on social media saying that it's really bad, and I don't really get why. It's a lot better than anything I saw in Shippuden. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I don't know where MHA is right now but I know I last left off with Deku, Bakugo and Shoto doing their work study with Endeavour. The only memorable things that have happened in it recently for me though are just the set ups for future things like when Endeavour gets the notebook.

Right now I'm watching Barb on Twitch playing Dead Space 2 in Hardcore mode. I'm trying to see if I can pick up any techniques from him since I never managed to finish that mode myself. XD
Prior to that I've been watching What If...? to get all caught up before tonight's episode, and on Sunday I watched the newest Boruto episode. I still think Boruto is pretty good despite seeing people on social media saying that it's really bad, and I don't really get why. It's a lot better than anything I saw in Shippuden. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 534 152,464 Today, 03:57 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,831 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,912 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface