Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 31st, 2023, 04:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Randomly got this recently in my recommendations, don't know why but it was...an interesting watch. Not for the faint hearted...now, do I watch some more like the Pokémon one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfA_oBrSR0
Pretty neat although I found their style of horror got a bit repetitive for my tastes, particularly with how many mouths were edited to just have emphasized teeth. I preferred the ones where the mouths weren't the core horror element.

Since most of my watching is still SGDQ stuff given I'm attending it, the last things I've watched are the runs for Bastion, Returnal, Dharma Doujo, Gauntlet, and Sonic Adventure DX.
All were entertaining runs but I'd strongly recommend the Sonic run. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 31st, 2023, 04:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Randomly got this recently in my recommendations, don't know why but it was...an interesting watch. Not for the faint hearted...now, do I watch some more like the Pokémon one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfA_oBrSR0
Pretty neat although I found their style of horror got a bit repetitive for my tastes, particularly with how many mouths were edited to just have emphasized teeth. I preferred the ones where the mouths weren't the core horror element.

Since most of my watching is still SGDQ stuff given I'm attending it, the last things I've watched are the runs for Bastion, Returnal, Dharma Doujo, Gauntlet, and Sonic Adventure DX.
All were entertaining runs but I'd strongly recommend the Sonic run. Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
D-Day 24 hr channel - Hour 1 - Boots on the Ground

So, my buddy has been keeping close attention to the World War 2 channel. He alerted me several years ago that they planned to do a special on D-day, covering the 24 hours that encompass the first day of the Normandy landings. He was expecting this.

What he was not expecting was a literal hour-long episode for EACH INDIVIDUAL HOUR of the operation!

Yeah, on the D-Day 24 hr channel, they are literally covering D-day with an episode for each hour, and they are DETAILED! Holy. Crap. The dedication to this subject has not been seen in a long, long time from me. This is going to be a ground-breaking series of videos.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

So, my buddy has been keeping close attention to the World War 2 channel. He alerted me several years ago that they planned to do a special on D-day, covering the 24 hours that encompass the first day of the Normandy landings. He was expecting this.

What he was not expecting was a literal hour-long episode for EACH INDIVIDUAL HOUR of the operation!

Yeah, on the D-Day 24 hr channel, they are literally covering D-day with an episode for each hour, and they are DETAILED! Holy. Crap. The dedication to this subject has not been seen in a long, long time from me. This is going to be a ground-breaking series of videos.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 6th, 2023, 02:50 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I'm not only impressed that someone is managing to do a project like this, but that each video is pretty much an hour long too! I didn't think there would be records detailed enough to know enough intricacies within each hour of D-Day to do a retelling like this. I just hope the channel gets noticed and that this work doesn't fly under the radar of most people who aren't a Patreon subscriber to the project.

Also, shout out to the Hour 24 video having "vicotry?" in the thumbnail. I'm guessing that isn't intentional. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 6th, 2023, 02:50 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I'm not only impressed that someone is managing to do a project like this, but that each video is pretty much an hour long too! I didn't think there would be records detailed enough to know enough intricacies within each hour of D-Day to do a retelling like this. I just hope the channel gets noticed and that this work doesn't fly under the radar of most people who aren't a Patreon subscriber to the project.

Also, shout out to the Hour 24 video having "vicotry?" in the thumbnail. I'm guessing that isn't intentional. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
My only response to that is that the crew is multi-national, and people make mistakes lol. See, only one person (Indy Neidell) is American, and even then he lives in Sweden. Spartacus Olsson, for example, is German, so many of then don't speak English as a first language. They do their shows in English, however, because English has become the de facto Lingua Franca of the Internet (i.e. a language that even non-native speakers use to communicate), so to reach the widest audience possible, they do it in English. Still, spelling mistakes like that are some of the easiest to miss.

The WWII channel theoretically has a fan base behind it beyond Patreon. Time Ghost, the crew behind it, got their start as the Great War youtube team, so they are already known at least in the space they are operating in. But I agree that I hope they have a larger audience than that, because this is an absolutely massive undertaking, and is incredible!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
My only response to that is that the crew is multi-national, and people make mistakes lol. See, only one person (Indy Neidell) is American, and even then he lives in Sweden. Spartacus Olsson, for example, is German, so many of then don't speak English as a first language. They do their shows in English, however, because English has become the de facto Lingua Franca of the Internet (i.e. a language that even non-native speakers use to communicate), so to reach the widest audience possible, they do it in English. Still, spelling mistakes like that are some of the easiest to miss.

The WWII channel theoretically has a fan base behind it beyond Patreon. Time Ghost, the crew behind it, got their start as the Great War youtube team, so they are already known at least in the space they are operating in. But I agree that I hope they have a larger audience than that, because this is an absolutely massive undertaking, and is incredible!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I hadn't looked into the team behind the series to know where they were from or anything, and that was the only thumbnail I noticed with an error so I never got the thought there was a potential language barrier at play. Tongue
I just went over to the TimeGhost History channel and took a quick look, and I'm sure you're already aware of this @Maniakkid25 but for those who aren't, if you thought covering D-Day by the hour was crazy then how about covering the entirety of WW2 by the week?

I doubt I'll ever take the time to watch every video in any of their series so if I end up watching anything I'll have to hope I can figure out what ones are the most worth watching. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I hadn't looked into the team behind the series to know where they were from or anything, and that was the only thumbnail I noticed with an error so I never got the thought there was a potential language barrier at play. Tongue
I just went over to the TimeGhost History channel and took a quick look, and I'm sure you're already aware of this @Maniakkid25 but for those who aren't, if you thought covering D-Day by the hour was crazy then how about covering the entirety of WW2 by the week?

I doubt I'll ever take the time to watch every video in any of their series so if I end up watching anything I'll have to hope I can figure out what ones are the most worth watching. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nier: Automata Ver1.1a | Episode 6 - [L]one Wolf
Haven't watched the NieR anime in a very long time but @ShiraNoMai decided to just put on the next episode we were on while we were eating dinner. I actually really enjoyed this one more than those that came before it because it was entirely about the stage play so it was all stuff I haven't seen or heard about before rather than just watching an anime version of the game.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nier: Automata Ver1.1a | Episode 6 - [L]one Wolf
Haven't watched the NieR anime in a very long time but @ShiraNoMai decided to just put on the next episode we were on while we were eating dinner. I actually really enjoyed this one more than those that came before it because it was entirely about the stage play so it was all stuff I haven't seen or heard about before rather than just watching an anime version of the game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was a very good episode. Lily's story is very interesting and plays a unique perspective on the game's narrative of "things aren't as they seem". There was also an underlying tone of "gay" in the troupe of women and I was very much there for that Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was a very good episode. Lily's story is very interesting and plays a unique perspective on the game's narrative of "things aren't as they seem". There was also an underlying tone of "gay" in the troupe of women and I was very much there for that Smile
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Austrian Grand Prix.

Was quite a good race, even if it is getting predictable with Verstappen winning everything!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Austrian Grand Prix.

Was quite a good race, even if it is getting predictable with Verstappen winning everything!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - S2 E1 - The Last 9 Days
Didn't realize the next season of this aired today until @ShiraNoMai asked me if I wanted to watch it. A bit of an uneventful episode that mostly serves to provide the setup for the season overall without having done it at the end of S1 and expecting people to remember it. The new OP is really cool though, and just oozes of Kubo drip. That man can design fashion like no one else in manga does I swear.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - S2 E1 - The Last 9 Days
Didn't realize the next season of this aired today until @ShiraNoMai asked me if I wanted to watch it. A bit of an uneventful episode that mostly serves to provide the setup for the season overall without having done it at the end of S1 and expecting people to remember it. The new OP is really cool though, and just oozes of Kubo drip. That man can design fashion like no one else in manga does I swear.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I swear that was all Kubo ever truly wanted to do in the end. It was so apparent with each and every full page chapter spread where he was allowed full reign on that area.
That opening was sick and had lots of neat foreshadows throughout, shown in metaphorical fashion.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I swear that was all Kubo ever truly wanted to do in the end. It was so apparent with each and every full page chapter spread where he was allowed full reign on that area.
That opening was sick and had lots of neat foreshadows throughout, shown in metaphorical fashion.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2023, 04:50 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Unless I've just never noticed it, I'm surprised that a lot of the everyday clothes Kubo puts the Bleach cast in don't get made into actual products. I've seen a lot of people wishing the hoodie Ichigo wears in the newest OP was a thing to buy because of how it's such a nice design that a fan would recognise but wouldn't look odd on/weird to anyone completely unfamiliar with the series.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2023, 04:50 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Unless I've just never noticed it, I'm surprised that a lot of the everyday clothes Kubo puts the Bleach cast in don't get made into actual products. I've seen a lot of people wishing the hoodie Ichigo wears in the newest OP was a thing to buy because of how it's such a nice design that a fan would recognise but wouldn't look odd on/weird to anyone completely unfamiliar with the series.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

I've seen a few of these, now, and it continues to amaze how the basics of safety will be ignored in the name of cash. While my "favorite" is still Grenfell Tower's fire (a fire so devastating, it single-handedly upended Britain's fire safety strategy), this one is tragedy playing out in slow-motion. Beirut got saddled with the disastrous situation of having to hold on to 2,750 tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate. Now, some of you are saying "That's just fertilizer, isn't it?", but the amateur pyros and researchers very well know that Ammonium Nitrate makes a great subsitute for TNT in certain applications (specifically as the explosive ANFO). Given an opportunity, Ammonium Nitrate will wreck your day, and having a small nuclear bomb's worth of the stuff (To put this in perspective, the Fat Man was 21,000 tonnes of TNT worth of boom)? Well, let's just say that the footage we have of the situation is absolutely incredible.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

I've seen a few of these, now, and it continues to amaze how the basics of safety will be ignored in the name of cash. While my "favorite" is still Grenfell Tower's fire (a fire so devastating, it single-handedly upended Britain's fire safety strategy), this one is tragedy playing out in slow-motion. Beirut got saddled with the disastrous situation of having to hold on to 2,750 tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate. Now, some of you are saying "That's just fertilizer, isn't it?", but the amateur pyros and researchers very well know that Ammonium Nitrate makes a great subsitute for TNT in certain applications (specifically as the explosive ANFO). Given an opportunity, Ammonium Nitrate will wreck your day, and having a small nuclear bomb's worth of the stuff (To put this in perspective, the Fat Man was 21,000 tonnes of TNT worth of boom)? Well, let's just say that the footage we have of the situation is absolutely incredible.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Wimbledon final, between 7-time winner Novak Djokovic, and new kid on the block Carlos Alcaraz.

It was a spectacular match, which went the full distance of five sets - and in the end, Alcaraz was able to triumph over his legendary opponent. Congrats to him on that Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Wimbledon final, between 7-time winner Novak Djokovic, and new kid on the block Carlos Alcaraz.

It was a spectacular match, which went the full distance of five sets - and in the end, Alcaraz was able to triumph over his legendary opponent. Congrats to him on that Smile !
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

I hadn't known this came out a couple weeks ago; this is a cover of their passing member's song "End Of A Day". It made me cry, it was so well done. All the members look on and up towards the sky, knowing that he's looking down and listening. The song is notably sad because it contains lyrics (tw: suicide mention) that were found in his suicide note as things he wanted to hear from people "You did a good job, you really worked hard"
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

I hadn't known this came out a couple weeks ago; this is a cover of their passing member's song "End Of A Day". It made me cry, it was so well done. All the members look on and up towards the sky, knowing that he's looking down and listening. The song is notably sad because it contains lyrics (tw: suicide mention) that were found in his suicide note as things he wanted to hear from people "You did a good job, you really worked hard"
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yesterday, also the Men's final of Wimbledon. Certainly the beginning of a new era, even if some of the more notable names are still relevant from the last, it's we definitely see the handing over now. I thought I'd be less interested in watching Tennis, although I don't follow it as much as other people, I tend to tune in on Wimbledon at least. Alcaraz was brilliant, Djokovic still is.

Watched 100 Million Ways To Die in the West too, as I saw it briefly before and was curious to see the earlier parts of the movie, when I noticed it was available on Prime because I couldn't choose what else to watch. Was both lame and ugh, why did I still laugh along to it? Whatever, I've watched it so I don't need to see it again.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yesterday, also the Men's final of Wimbledon. Certainly the beginning of a new era, even if some of the more notable names are still relevant from the last, it's we definitely see the handing over now. I thought I'd be less interested in watching Tennis, although I don't follow it as much as other people, I tend to tune in on Wimbledon at least. Alcaraz was brilliant, Djokovic still is.

Watched 100 Million Ways To Die in the West too, as I saw it briefly before and was curious to see the earlier parts of the movie, when I noticed it was available on Prime because I couldn't choose what else to watch. Was both lame and ugh, why did I still laugh along to it? Whatever, I've watched it so I don't need to see it again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 534 152,886 Apr 26th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,856 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,920 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface