Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Watching this made me want to go check out speedruns of this game at some point just to see how crazy the tech actually is in game, considering how it's depicted in this video. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Watching this made me want to go check out speedruns of this game at some point just to see how crazy the tech actually is in game, considering how it's depicted in this video. LOL
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Weakest Link... the poor contestants didn't do very well Sad !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

My usual Cat Cafe watch from Sugar Bean.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

My usual Cat Cafe watch from Sugar Bean.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Redline on Amazon Video, I have it on DVD too but when I saw it on Prime I said what the heck I'll watch it now.

It was basically Wacky Races and Space Dandy mixed into a movie, and damn I loved it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Redline on Amazon Video, I have it on DVD too but when I saw it on Prime I said what the heck I'll watch it now.

It was basically Wacky Races and Space Dandy mixed into a movie, and damn I loved it. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2023, 01:39 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I'm surprised this show is still getting new episodes, assuming that was what you watched and not a rerun.

(Dec 25th, 2023, 11:37 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that movie is included in Prime or not. I'm really intrigued to watch it now just from your brief description of it. XD

Decided to put this on last night as our Christmas "movie" of sorts:

Since it is a very long video, I decided to clip out this part of what is easily one of the most iconic Giant Bomb moments of all time: Sheik Zanzibar!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2023, 01:39 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I'm surprised this show is still getting new episodes, assuming that was what you watched and not a rerun.

(Dec 25th, 2023, 11:37 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that movie is included in Prime or not. I'm really intrigued to watch it now just from your brief description of it. XD

Decided to put this on last night as our Christmas "movie" of sorts:

Since it is a very long video, I decided to clip out this part of what is easily one of the most iconic Giant Bomb moments of all time: Sheik Zanzibar!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Weakest Link got a revival over here a while ago, '21 I think. I didn't watch it but had a different host. Had to look it up as I never bothered to tune in but it was Romesh Ranganathan.

Watched partly Tabby McTat on Christmas, then sort of listened to the King's Speech as my mum had to watch it (I wasn't paying attention really), then most of Toy Story 4 as that was after the Speech. My second time watching TS4 since seeing it in the cinema, still good but not on par with the other three.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Weakest Link got a revival over here a while ago, '21 I think. I didn't watch it but had a different host. Had to look it up as I never bothered to tune in but it was Romesh Ranganathan.

Watched partly Tabby McTat on Christmas, then sort of listened to the King's Speech as my mum had to watch it (I wasn't paying attention really), then most of Toy Story 4 as that was after the Speech. My second time watching TS4 since seeing it in the cinema, still good but not on par with the other three.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing you mention the Christmas speech, I know those are usually pre-recorded so I wonder what would happen if the current King or Queen were to die after filming that but before it airs. Would the whole speech be cancelled due to mourning? Would it instead be redone on the quick by the next in line for the throne? Or would they just air the one that was already done and treat it as part of their send off to do a posthumous speech? Hmm

I'm still watching this but it turned out to be a lot crazier than I expected it to be when it came to playing shenanigans to get around certain road blocks:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing you mention the Christmas speech, I know those are usually pre-recorded so I wonder what would happen if the current King or Queen were to die after filming that but before it airs. Would the whole speech be cancelled due to mourning? Would it instead be redone on the quick by the next in line for the throne? Or would they just air the one that was already done and treat it as part of their send off to do a posthumous speech? Hmm

I'm still watching this but it turned out to be a lot crazier than I expected it to be when it came to playing shenanigans to get around certain road blocks:

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Weakest Link

Once again, the team didn't do especially well... they raised about £6,000 for charity, which is obviously better than nothing, but pretty low by the standards of that show!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Weakest Link

Once again, the team didn't do especially well... they raised about £6,000 for charity, which is obviously better than nothing, but pretty low by the standards of that show!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Figured I'd watch this as a refresher of everything that happened last year in the world, and overall a decent watch although I took a huge issue with their viewpoint on France's objection to the retirement age increase at the start of the video.

I also watched some other things earlier in the week that are notable enough to mention plus I just want to talk about them:

Redline
Decided to watch this after @Mr EliteL's description of it and I'm really glad I did. I think the story overall isn't done great and the ending is jarringly abrupt, but visually and on an entertaining level the movie fires on all cylinders for me. Grin

Everything Everywhere All At Once
Watched this the night after Redline, and I really liked the movie even if it had a lot to take in. I've still been trying to make sense of it all honestly. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Figured I'd watch this as a refresher of everything that happened last year in the world, and overall a decent watch although I took a huge issue with their viewpoint on France's objection to the retirement age increase at the start of the video.

I also watched some other things earlier in the week that are notable enough to mention plus I just want to talk about them:

Redline
Decided to watch this after @Mr EliteL's description of it and I'm really glad I did. I think the story overall isn't done great and the ending is jarringly abrupt, but visually and on an entertaining level the movie fires on all cylinders for me. Grin

Everything Everywhere All At Once
Watched this the night after Redline, and I really liked the movie even if it had a lot to take in. I've still been trying to make sense of it all honestly. LOL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jan 3rd, 2024, 06:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I mean, given that US Social Security doesn't kick in until 67 (or later if you keep high enough paycheck), I thought it was an overreaction, even after reading the comments that the law is the MINIMUM age, meaning lots of people will not retire until later. He also does mention that one of the controversies was that it was pushed through to being a law using procedures that basically meant it never came up for a vote in the legislature, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something as far as the story goes.

Edit: okay, minor correction; you CAN collect Social Security as early as 62, but you don't get your full benefits until 67. My mistake; should have checked that.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

I mean, given that US Social Security doesn't kick in until 67 (or later if you keep high enough paycheck), I thought it was an overreaction, even after reading the comments that the law is the MINIMUM age, meaning lots of people will not retire until later. He also does mention that one of the controversies was that it was pushed through to being a law using procedures that basically meant it never came up for a vote in the legislature, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something as far as the story goes.

Edit: okay, minor correction; you CAN collect Social Security as early as 62, but you don't get your full benefits until 67. My mistake; should have checked that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2024, 07:11 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

My issue was more with his statement at 2:45 where he says "You know, I'm sympathetic. By the age of 64, you should have the right to completely cease contributing to society." My issue with that statement is the words and tone come off as if you shouldn't have the right to retire at an age where you're not too old to actually enjoy life and everything you could do with that time and money. Just because you're not necessarily too old to continue working, doesn't mean you should be expected to work until you are too old to "do a half decent job at anything". If by the time I retire I can't do a half decent job at my job, how am I meant to be able to do a half decent job at enjoying all the possibilities I might have with my free time and savings to go and experience life? Just comes off very much like a "contribute to society with a job until you're fucked and have to retire and then spend retirement too old and fucked to actually do half the things you may want to do" line of thinking that rubs me the wrong way. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2024, 07:11 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

My issue was more with his statement at 2:45 where he says "You know, I'm sympathetic. By the age of 64, you should have the right to completely cease contributing to society." My issue with that statement is the words and tone come off as if you shouldn't have the right to retire at an age where you're not too old to actually enjoy life and everything you could do with that time and money. Just because you're not necessarily too old to continue working, doesn't mean you should be expected to work until you are too old to "do a half decent job at anything". If by the time I retire I can't do a half decent job at my job, how am I meant to be able to do a half decent job at enjoying all the possibilities I might have with my free time and savings to go and experience life? Just comes off very much like a "contribute to society with a job until you're fucked and have to retire and then spend retirement too old and fucked to actually do half the things you may want to do" line of thinking that rubs me the wrong way. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think it's because he's saying that France is getting off easy. Just looking it up, in the UK the current retirement age as of October 2020 was 66, with it increasing to 68 by 2037. Here's the wiki on it.

All of these laws are in reaction to an aging population demographic. That is, the Boomers. See, because the Baby Boomers take up more of the population age demographic, the workforce is going to decline pretty soon, so countries are scrambling to delay the inevitable. Welcome to the new normal; years will continue to set heat records, your retirement is in the crapper, and the people are crazier than ever thanks to misinformation.

Edit: also, the obvious point: it's a setup for the punchline of how old the average age of US Congress is, and given what those people are (not) doing, well I think saying that they aren't contributing to society is being kind.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think it's because he's saying that France is getting off easy. Just looking it up, in the UK the current retirement age as of October 2020 was 66, with it increasing to 68 by 2037. Here's the wiki on it.

All of these laws are in reaction to an aging population demographic. That is, the Boomers. See, because the Baby Boomers take up more of the population age demographic, the workforce is going to decline pretty soon, so countries are scrambling to delay the inevitable. Welcome to the new normal; years will continue to set heat records, your retirement is in the crapper, and the people are crazier than ever thanks to misinformation.

Edit: also, the obvious point: it's a setup for the punchline of how old the average age of US Congress is, and given what those people are (not) doing, well I think saying that they aren't contributing to society is being kind.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
While France is definitely getting a better deal with a retirement age of 64 compared to the higher ages of other countries, I think the problem is how it's sort of like a Pandora's box. Once the age goes up, it isn't coming down, and it's probably more likely to go up again once people view the new age as no longer too much of an increase. So instead of going from 66 to 70 in one go which looks really bad, you go up in one year increments and make it less horrible but with the same end result.
Like the UK government website tells me I can retire in 2058 at the age of 68, but the retirement age could go up again between 2037 and 2058, so I might go from 68 to 70 or something. I can't say I'm too fussed by it all because I'm nowhere near either of those ages but it is a little crap not knowing where the ball is going to stop before I can get off the ride. Eh

On the part about the Baby Boomer generation, I'm surprised it would have as big of an impact as it presumably will given how many things became automated or outright defunct as a job. Then again maybe the advances in tech and stuff made enough jobs to even out the job losses elsewhere. Even besides the Boomers dying off though, there's still the problem of many people having less or no kids because of their state of living or the state of the world. I think I read that China or Japan had like a massive drop in births in the last decade or something which is going to be a massive problem that isn't going to be easy to solve.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
While France is definitely getting a better deal with a retirement age of 64 compared to the higher ages of other countries, I think the problem is how it's sort of like a Pandora's box. Once the age goes up, it isn't coming down, and it's probably more likely to go up again once people view the new age as no longer too much of an increase. So instead of going from 66 to 70 in one go which looks really bad, you go up in one year increments and make it less horrible but with the same end result.
Like the UK government website tells me I can retire in 2058 at the age of 68, but the retirement age could go up again between 2037 and 2058, so I might go from 68 to 70 or something. I can't say I'm too fussed by it all because I'm nowhere near either of those ages but it is a little crap not knowing where the ball is going to stop before I can get off the ride. Eh

On the part about the Baby Boomer generation, I'm surprised it would have as big of an impact as it presumably will given how many things became automated or outright defunct as a job. Then again maybe the advances in tech and stuff made enough jobs to even out the job losses elsewhere. Even besides the Boomers dying off though, there's still the problem of many people having less or no kids because of their state of living or the state of the world. I think I read that China or Japan had like a massive drop in births in the last decade or something which is going to be a massive problem that isn't going to be easy to solve.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Screw dat. I shall elaborate no further.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, then the start of Goblet of Fire as the former was on when I came in from work and I decided to sit down and watch because I could not for life of remember how PoA started when I saw what was happening and was struggling to figure which Harry Potter film it was. Then the same kind of thing happened with GoF apart from when they get to the Quidditch World Cup, I was wondering how GoF actually started. XD PoA is my favourite out of the series anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Screw dat. I shall elaborate no further.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, then the start of Goblet of Fire as the former was on when I came in from work and I decided to sit down and watch because I could not for life of remember how PoA started when I saw what was happening and was struggling to figure which Harry Potter film it was. Then the same kind of thing happened with GoF apart from when they get to the Quidditch World Cup, I was wondering how GoF actually started. XD PoA is my favourite out of the series anyway.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox Developer_Direct 2024
Watched this mostly to see what that Indiana Jones game looks like, and it was pretty underwhelming for me. Not too keen on it being first person, and there's just something off about the character models. Although despite being first person, it weirdly swaps to third person for certain actions like climbing ladders, interactive actions, and takedowns which looked jarring in the footage but I thought that was just some really poor editing choice where they were using developer camera angles for certain things.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox Developer_Direct 2024
Watched this mostly to see what that Indiana Jones game looks like, and it was pretty underwhelming for me. Not too keen on it being first person, and there's just something off about the character models. Although despite being first person, it weirdly swaps to third person for certain actions like climbing ladders, interactive actions, and takedowns which looked jarring in the footage but I thought that was just some really poor editing choice where they were using developer camera angles for certain things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 536 153,236 Apr 29th, 2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Destructo099
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,888 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,926 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface