Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looks like that new Crash Bandicoot game will be getting announced soon:

The last time Activision sent out teasers for a Crash or Spyro game the official reveal was only a few days later. I'm guessing it'll be Monday.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looks like that new Crash Bandicoot game will be getting announced soon:

The last time Activision sent out teasers for a Crash or Spyro game the official reveal was only a few days later. I'm guessing it'll be Monday.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Please tell me that is a new mask character, and not some random new redesign of Aku Aku. I'm about 95% sure it isn't Aku Aku but you can't tell these days what might happen. Weird how it's a puzzle that gets released before anything is announced. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Please tell me that is a new mask character, and not some random new redesign of Aku Aku. I'm about 95% sure it isn't Aku Aku but you can't tell these days what might happen. Weird how it's a puzzle that gets released before anything is announced. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well looks like it's getting announced Monday for sure:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well looks like it's getting announced Monday for sure:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Interesting Toys for Bob taking this up. Heard there was some footage going around, anyone got it?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Interesting Toys for Bob taking this up. Heard there was some footage going around, anyone got it?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2020, 02:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Footage no, but there were trailer screenshots: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/crash-ba...mages-leak

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2020, 02:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Footage no, but there were trailer screenshots: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/crash-ba...mages-leak
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just watched the trailer for the new Crash Game and it looks really good! It seems like this time will have levels where we can play as Cortez & Coco I wonder if they'll have their own special levels or if it'll function like Coco does in the remake?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just watched the trailer for the new Crash Game and it looks really good! It seems like this time will have levels where we can play as Cortez & Coco I wonder if they'll have their own special levels or if it'll function like Coco does in the remake?
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's About Time Announcement Trailer!

Yes here it is, Crash is finally back and properly this time around! Cortex and Tropy have also returned to wreak havoc upon the multiverse, but Crash and Coco are here to hopefully bring a stop it - if you want them to. If you do and want to be part of it, you can pre-order the game now which has the release date of October 2nd this year for PS4 and Xbox One. If you're buying digitally, you'll get the Totally Turbular Skins for Crash and Coco.

Indeed it looks good! Playing as Cortex too for whatever? Okey dokey! Aiiee, here I am with yet another unfinished set of games I need to play through before this comes out.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's About Time Announcement Trailer!

Yes here it is, Crash is finally back and properly this time around! Cortex and Tropy have also returned to wreak havoc upon the multiverse, but Crash and Coco are here to hopefully bring a stop it - if you want them to. If you do and want to be part of it, you can pre-order the game now which has the release date of October 2nd this year for PS4 and Xbox One. If you're buying digitally, you'll get the Totally Turbular Skins for Crash and Coco.

Indeed it looks good! Playing as Cortex too for whatever? Okey dokey! Aiiee, here I am with yet another unfinished set of games I need to play through before this comes out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Y'all should check out the interview with one of the Toys for Bob developers that happened in the livestream announcement today:

I liked his explanation of what Cortex's abilities are. Being able to transform platforms from solid to bouncy? Sounds pretty sick.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Y'all should check out the interview with one of the Toys for Bob developers that happened in the livestream announcement today:

I liked his explanation of what Cortex's abilities are. Being able to transform platforms from solid to bouncy? Sounds pretty sick.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah like the masks being used when you need 'em, but still hope Aku Aku masks are still a thing for crates. Didn't notice any in the gameplay but wasn't looking hard enough. Also Cortex's different style. Don't see the point of Crash and Coco who have the same moveset can be interchangeable in levels, unless you can set which mask they can use? Noticed one level where Crash switches to Coco who immediately uses the time mask, then moments later which could be a different play of I assume the same level, Crash has it?
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah like the masks being used when you need 'em, but still hope Aku Aku masks are still a thing for crates. Didn't notice any in the gameplay but wasn't looking hard enough. Also Cortex's different style. Don't see the point of Crash and Coco who have the same moveset can be interchangeable in levels, unless you can set which mask they can use? Noticed one level where Crash switches to Coco who immediately uses the time mask, then moments later which could be a different play of I assume the same level, Crash has it?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Crash and Coco will basically function like they do in the N. Sane Trilogy where you can play any level with them and nothing changes (excluding levels that were made specifically for them in Warped).

Aku Aku is shown in some promo pics of gameplay so I'd expect he's in it, but the new masks are being given the focus for marketing.

As for the game, I'm super hyped for it! I didn't have much faith in the art style from the leaks but seeing it in action has removed any doubt for me. That trailer was sick! Shock Wow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Crash and Coco will basically function like they do in the N. Sane Trilogy where you can play any level with them and nothing changes (excluding levels that were made specifically for them in Warped).

Aku Aku is shown in some promo pics of gameplay so I'd expect he's in it, but the new masks are being given the focus for marketing.

As for the game, I'm super hyped for it! I didn't have much faith in the art style from the leaks but seeing it in action has removed any doubt for me. That trailer was sick! Shock Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah this has quickly turned into the game I look forward to most this year. The more I see about the game, the more I'm interested in it. It truly seems like a proper entry in the mainline series.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah this has quickly turned into the game I look forward to most this year. The more I see about the game, the more I'm interested in it. It truly seems like a proper entry in the mainline series.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I really wish people would stop thinking the game has over 100 levels when that isn't what was said. The ad that outlets are taking that from says "over 100 levels of play" which doesn't necessarily mean levels but just ways. If there were say four playable characters who all play differently and can tackle 25 levels in different ways as a result, that would be 100 levels of play.

Aside from that, the art style has grown on me so much now that I'm starting to find the N. Sane Trilogy doesn't hold up as well visually. Not to say it's bad though.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I really wish people would stop thinking the game has over 100 levels when that isn't what was said. The ad that outlets are taking that from says "over 100 levels of play" which doesn't necessarily mean levels but just ways. If there were say four playable characters who all play differently and can tackle 25 levels in different ways as a result, that would be 100 levels of play.

Aside from that, the art style has grown on me so much now that I'm starting to find the N. Sane Trilogy doesn't hold up as well visually. Not to say it's bad though.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm abit wary of Crash 4 having microtransactions in it, even though Toys 4 Bob said "it won't".  Hmm
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm abit wary of Crash 4 having microtransactions in it, even though Toys 4 Bob said "it won't".  Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 3rd, 2020, 10:02 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
It doesn't worry me because CTR:NF has them, but it made no impact to the game. I don't say that in the sense of them being cosmetics that can't impact gameplay but rather the way you earned cosmetics wasn't nerfed when the ability to buy them with cash was introduced. The game may have to say it has in-game purchases because of the fact that there are those pre-order skins attached that you can't get outside of a digital pre-order, and so technically they are classified as a purchasable item in the game because you're getting an in-game item with real cash. But regardless, the only things that are going to be purchasable for this game are skins, and if I can't get them all in-game without spending real cash then I just won't get them. There are Golden Wumpa crates in this new game though so I expect those will play into whatever in-game currency exists for buying skins and such.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 3rd, 2020, 10:02 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
It doesn't worry me because CTR:NF has them, but it made no impact to the game. I don't say that in the sense of them being cosmetics that can't impact gameplay but rather the way you earned cosmetics wasn't nerfed when the ability to buy them with cash was introduced. The game may have to say it has in-game purchases because of the fact that there are those pre-order skins attached that you can't get outside of a digital pre-order, and so technically they are classified as a purchasable item in the game because you're getting an in-game item with real cash. But regardless, the only things that are going to be purchasable for this game are skins, and if I can't get them all in-game without spending real cash then I just won't get them. There are Golden Wumpa crates in this new game though so I expect those will play into whatever in-game currency exists for buying skins and such.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New gameplay footage was released today:

This game looks so freaking good! Wow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New gameplay footage was released today:

This game looks so freaking good! Wow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash Bandicoot (Series) Moonface 40 28,709 Dec 25th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Moonface 132 68,727 Mar 28th, 2020, 11:13 PM