A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I just got them both a couple days ago! Cry

yeah my pc can't. 3070 and ryzen 9 5900x. I'm not fishing or 3090 amounts of cash to play super BotW 

on the bright side, I'm emulating a ton. Like primehack to play metroid prime trilogy with better controls, maxing internal resolutions on emulators that allow them, aaaand... playing a lot of 2d games lmao
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I just got them both a couple days ago! Cry

yeah my pc can't. 3070 and ryzen 9 5900x. I'm not fishing or 3090 amounts of cash to play super BotW 

on the bright side, I'm emulating a ton. Like primehack to play metroid prime trilogy with better controls, maxing internal resolutions on emulators that allow them, aaaand... playing a lot of 2d games lmao
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 14th, 2021, 11:30 PM)Monocle Wrote:
@Dragon Lord yeah yeah yeah. difference is you avoid extremely well received games and I'm avoiding a universally panned game! ha ha haaaaa....  Sweat

AKA horribly overrated games.

You know, HZD was free a while back, but thankfully you had forgotten that I said that I would only play that game if it was ever available for free. So I was able to avoid having to play it anyways. You could have gotten me there and then I would have had to have kept my word and played that crap. Thanks for having a terrible memory.

Then again, I already downloaded FFVII Remake when it was on PS+ and that was painful enough. Not sure if I could have handled tainting my library a second time.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 14th, 2021, 11:30 PM)Monocle Wrote:
@Dragon Lord yeah yeah yeah. difference is you avoid extremely well received games and I'm avoiding a universally panned game! ha ha haaaaa....  Sweat

AKA horribly overrated games.

You know, HZD was free a while back, but thankfully you had forgotten that I said that I would only play that game if it was ever available for free. So I was able to avoid having to play it anyways. You could have gotten me there and then I would have had to have kept my word and played that crap. Thanks for having a terrible memory.

Then again, I already downloaded FFVII Remake when it was on PS+ and that was painful enough. Not sure if I could have handled tainting my library a second time.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I mean, Mass Effect 1 has pretty garbage combat, and Mass Effect 3 has a bulls*** ending, but other than that I don't see why they'd be "horribly overrated". "I'd seriously begin to think you'd just have a prejudice against the game series in question," he said, knowing his own burning hatred of FF7. The difference is, I've actually played FF7. There is a difference, though, between having no interest in a game (which is how I currently feel about the trend of open-world games), and actively hating a game you've never played.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I mean, Mass Effect 1 has pretty garbage combat, and Mass Effect 3 has a bulls*** ending, but other than that I don't see why they'd be "horribly overrated". "I'd seriously begin to think you'd just have a prejudice against the game series in question," he said, knowing his own burning hatred of FF7. The difference is, I've actually played FF7. There is a difference, though, between having no interest in a game (which is how I currently feel about the trend of open-world games), and actively hating a game you've never played.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Dragon Lord Shit I totally forgot you said that. Not like you'd play it anytime soon. it would've sat on the backlog for years. Don't hate on the overrated games. they're fun! Tsushima was my GOTY!

@Maniakkid25 ME1 is all nostalgia for me because it is a pretty garbage cover shooter. ME2 was massively improved. But almost all the stuff I love, he gives me shit for it. Luckily... sooo luckily, I love the bullying
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Dragon Lord Shit I totally forgot you said that. Not like you'd play it anytime soon. it would've sat on the backlog for years. Don't hate on the overrated games. they're fun! Tsushima was my GOTY!

@Maniakkid25 ME1 is all nostalgia for me because it is a pretty garbage cover shooter. ME2 was massively improved. But almost all the stuff I love, he gives me shit for it. Luckily... sooo luckily, I love the bullying
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For me a game is only overrated when it feels like a majority of people praise a game but don't want to admit it might have flaws. BotW is a good game but it's not a good Zelda game, yet there are plenty of people who refuse to criticize it. But I also think if you can claim a game is perfect and does nothing that could be better you're probably overrating it, because there's no game that is perfect in every way.

I also don't feel like Mass Effect is an overrated series. It's never come off as something given more praise than it deserves, especially after fans were burned by ME3 and Andromeda. I don't know how much praise HZD generally gets but it has a lot of things that need to be improved, such as less restrictive climbing, better animation and human combat, and a reason to care to explore the world when there are no resources exclusive to a particular region.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For me a game is only overrated when it feels like a majority of people praise a game but don't want to admit it might have flaws. BotW is a good game but it's not a good Zelda game, yet there are plenty of people who refuse to criticize it. But I also think if you can claim a game is perfect and does nothing that could be better you're probably overrating it, because there's no game that is perfect in every way.

I also don't feel like Mass Effect is an overrated series. It's never come off as something given more praise than it deserves, especially after fans were burned by ME3 and Andromeda. I don't know how much praise HZD generally gets but it has a lot of things that need to be improved, such as less restrictive climbing, better animation and human combat, and a reason to care to explore the world when there are no resources exclusive to a particular region.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jul 15th, 2021, 09:01 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Yeah but Ghost is actually a good game. That's a very rare case where you actually had a correct taste in a game. Now you just need to get correct opinions on other games.

When it comes to game taste, I'm balling in the Salty Spatoon, while you're sitting over in Super Weeny Hut Jrs being a scrub. Gotta get on my level, bro. This is why I can't take you out to any nice places.

@Moonface  I just shit on Mass Effect because Monocle likes it. Always have to remind him that his taste in games is terrible and he needs to be more godly like me. ROFL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jul 15th, 2021, 09:01 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Yeah but Ghost is actually a good game. That's a very rare case where you actually had a correct taste in a game. Now you just need to get correct opinions on other games.

When it comes to game taste, I'm balling in the Salty Spatoon, while you're sitting over in Super Weeny Hut Jrs being a scrub. Gotta get on my level, bro. This is why I can't take you out to any nice places.

@Moonface  I just shit on Mass Effect because Monocle likes it. Always have to remind him that his taste in games is terrible and he needs to be more godly like me. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remember trying to get into Mass Effect by playing the demo of 3, but the gameplay just didn't manage to grab me and the demo also didn't do a great job of telling me how things work, so I just decided it wasn't for me at the time and moved on. I can't think of many games I played that I actually just really disliked because they were done badly rather than just not being for me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remember trying to get into Mass Effect by playing the demo of 3, but the gameplay just didn't manage to grab me and the demo also didn't do a great job of telling me how things work, so I just decided it wasn't for me at the time and moved on. I can't think of many games I played that I actually just really disliked because they were done badly rather than just not being for me.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Dragon Lord yeah but you haven't played that one either. hurry up and play already. always take so long.

Wait a minute, I behave. take me out already
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Dragon Lord yeah but you haven't played that one either. hurry up and play already. always take so long.

Wait a minute, I behave. take me out already
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll get around to Ghost eventually. I just have too many higher priority games to play right now, and with Genshin 2.0 coming next week, I'm not going to have time for any other game for a while. There's going to be a lot to do.

Some day Ghost will get its time, but for now, all of my attention has to be on Genshin, the greatest creation in the history of mankind.

Plus the next two weeks also has: Release of Punishing: Gray Raven, release of NieR: Reincarnation, the 1.5 year anniversary of Arknights and the 3 year celebration for Azur Lane. Gonna be so much to do.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll get around to Ghost eventually. I just have too many higher priority games to play right now, and with Genshin 2.0 coming next week, I'm not going to have time for any other game for a while. There's going to be a lot to do.

Some day Ghost will get its time, but for now, all of my attention has to be on Genshin, the greatest creation in the history of mankind.

Plus the next two weeks also has: Release of Punishing: Gray Raven, release of NieR: Reincarnation, the 1.5 year anniversary of Arknights and the 3 year celebration for Azur Lane. Gonna be so much to do.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
You know, I really hate when people who, even jokingly, say that someone's opinion is wrong. Maybe it's because I've been burned for not liking Invader Zim and Futurama, but it just rubs me the wrong way because it always feels in bad taste to me.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
You know, I really hate when people who, even jokingly, say that someone's opinion is wrong. Maybe it's because I've been burned for not liking Invader Zim and Futurama, but it just rubs me the wrong way because it always feels in bad taste to me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, yeah I agree, Maniak. Dragonlord and Monocle know each other pretty well, so I'm pretty sure they are just messing around with their own inside jokes with each other here. Wink

Besides, opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one, and they all stink! ROFL

Can't say I have many games I'm looking forward to in the immediate future like you have, DL. Skyward Sword remastered I'm gonna check out today when I watch someone stream it to get an idea of whether or not this version would be worth getting over my Wii one LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, yeah I agree, Maniak. Dragonlord and Monocle know each other pretty well, so I'm pretty sure they are just messing around with their own inside jokes with each other here. Wink

Besides, opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one, and they all stink! ROFL

Can't say I have many games I'm looking forward to in the immediate future like you have, DL. Skyward Sword remastered I'm gonna check out today when I watch someone stream it to get an idea of whether or not this version would be worth getting over my Wii one LOL
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah, I've known Gary for over a decade. we literally go from him shitting on my opinion to talking about stuff we both like without skipping a beat. it never bothered me then and it definitely doesn't bother me now. negative opinions about my likes or myself actually haven't ever bothered me. I'm way too positive and have way too much self esteem to give a shit. everyone's entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to express it just like in entitled to dismiss it and give zero fucks about it.

honestly, I still have my Wii so I have no desire to buy the HD version. Kinda sick of getting these remasters already. not just Zelda, I mean in general. Like I love Ghost of Tsushima but it didn't need an entirely new release for the directors cut. Just send it a damn dlc with all of it. too many publishers are so willing to do this now.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah, I've known Gary for over a decade. we literally go from him shitting on my opinion to talking about stuff we both like without skipping a beat. it never bothered me then and it definitely doesn't bother me now. negative opinions about my likes or myself actually haven't ever bothered me. I'm way too positive and have way too much self esteem to give a shit. everyone's entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to express it just like in entitled to dismiss it and give zero fucks about it.

honestly, I still have my Wii so I have no desire to buy the HD version. Kinda sick of getting these remasters already. not just Zelda, I mean in general. Like I love Ghost of Tsushima but it didn't need an entirely new release for the directors cut. Just send it a damn dlc with all of it. too many publishers are so willing to do this now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2021, 03:34 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I feel like it became really prevalent at the start of the last generation when a lot of PS3 games got PS4 ports due to lack of backwards compatibility basically forcing the ports to be full priced rereleases. It seems less prevalent so far this generation but not by much to be fair.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2021, 03:34 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I feel like it became really prevalent at the start of the last generation when a lot of PS3 games got PS4 ports due to lack of backwards compatibility basically forcing the ports to be full priced rereleases. It seems less prevalent so far this generation but not by much to be fair.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Jul 16th, 2021, 04:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:

yeah but the problem is that it's also coming to ps4, not just ps5. Could've totally been a dlc. Like FFXV did a royal edition dlc for people like me who already bought it and did a royal release for newcomers. That was great imo.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes

yeah but the problem is that it's also coming to ps4, not just ps5. Could've totally been a dlc. Like FFXV did a royal edition dlc for people like me who already bought it and did a royal release for newcomers. That was great imo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2021, 12:42 AM)Monocle Wrote:

True. I guess my point should've really been more that last gen promoted pumping out remasters mostly through necessity, and knowing how much money it made those publishers they are just going to keep doing it. Ghost does at least let you buy the DC stuff without a new copy though; I think it's like $20 or something.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2021, 12:42 AM)Monocle Wrote:

True. I guess my point should've really been more that last gen promoted pumping out remasters mostly through necessity, and knowing how much money it made those publishers they are just going to keep doing it. Ghost does at least let you buy the DC stuff without a new copy though; I think it's like $20 or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 779 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,916 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface