Super Nintendo World
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's been in the works for a while now, but Nintendo finally announced the other day that Super Nintendo World in Japan's Universal Studios will officially be ready to open in February 2021!

There's also a trailer that shows a little bit more, such as a Yoshi ride:

What do you think about it? Smile

For what little they showed the park looks really neat! I am concerned though that the stairs by the Bowser statue are going to become a massive choke point for park guests stopping to take photos, but hopefully the park designers took that into consideration when designing that area. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's been in the works for a while now, but Nintendo finally announced the other day that Super Nintendo World in Japan's Universal Studios will officially be ready to open in February 2021!

There's also a trailer that shows a little bit more, such as a Yoshi ride:

What do you think about it? Smile

For what little they showed the park looks really neat! I am concerned though that the stairs by the Bowser statue are going to become a massive choke point for park guests stopping to take photos, but hopefully the park designers took that into consideration when designing that area. XD
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
My first and only thought when I saw this on Twitter was “damn, when did the Switch get RTX rendering.”
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
My first and only thought when I saw this on Twitter was “damn, when did the Switch get RTX rendering.”
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The real question: who is going to be the first to BLJ (backwards long jump) up the Bowser staircase! ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The real question: who is going to be the first to BLJ (backwards long jump) up the Bowser staircase! ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The American version of the park should put up signs discouraging it so that when some dipshit does it and hurts themselves they can't try and sue the park. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The American version of the park should put up signs discouraging it so that when some dipshit does it and hurts themselves they can't try and sue the park. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Makes me want to go to Japan even more, it looks so good. So happy the park is really a thing and hope it'll do well. Which is pretty much a given, although might have a slow start. Well slower than what it would be if the world isn't over you know what by then.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Makes me want to go to Japan even more, it looks so good. So happy the park is really a thing and hope it'll do well. Which is pretty much a given, although might have a slow start. Well slower than what it would be if the world isn't over you know what by then.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Japan is good with their health even with regular colds and flus, so I'm sure that opening this park in less than three months from now has everything in place to not turn into a spreader zone. That's assuming Japan doesn't get a better hold on Covid between now and then, but I'm sure they will because they aren't imbeciles who act like masks are a crime against humanity.

I'd love to know how similar the Nintendo World park in the States will be so that I can tell whether or not to watch any footage of the park once it opens. If the rides are going to have notable differences like how some of the Disney parks do, then I'd be fine seeing how that stuff looks, but if it's pretty much the same stuff then I'm going to mostly just see images of the park as a whole and avoid videos of the rides and stuff.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Japan is good with their health even with regular colds and flus, so I'm sure that opening this park in less than three months from now has everything in place to not turn into a spreader zone. That's assuming Japan doesn't get a better hold on Covid between now and then, but I'm sure they will because they aren't imbeciles who act like masks are a crime against humanity.

I'd love to know how similar the Nintendo World park in the States will be so that I can tell whether or not to watch any footage of the park once it opens. If the rides are going to have notable differences like how some of the Disney parks do, then I'd be fine seeing how that stuff looks, but if it's pretty much the same stuff then I'm going to mostly just see images of the park as a whole and avoid videos of the rides and stuff.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Miyamoto showing off Super Nintendo World. I was at first adamant about watching, but did anyway as it's going to be a long time for me to get a chance to go there myself. Good news though, in the video it says there'll be a Super Nintendo World built for Hollywood, Orlando and Singapore.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Miyamoto showing off Super Nintendo World. I was at first adamant about watching, but did anyway as it's going to be a long time for me to get a chance to go there myself. Good news though, in the video it says there'll be a Super Nintendo World built for Hollywood, Orlando and Singapore.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2020, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
. . . Orlanda . . .
That's in Florido, right? ROFL

I haven't watched the entire video but I do love the trophies in the Mario Kart ride. I'm a bit concerned about the menu having a big reliance on mushroom ingredients because someone like my brother couldn't eat any of that stuff due to allergies, so I'm hoping there are good food options that don't use mushroom.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2020, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
. . . Orlanda . . .
That's in Florido, right? ROFL

I haven't watched the entire video but I do love the trophies in the Mario Kart ride. I'm a bit concerned about the menu having a big reliance on mushroom ingredients because someone like my brother couldn't eat any of that stuff due to allergies, so I'm hoping there are good food options that don't use mushroom.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dang, how'd I mistake the 'o' for an 'a' there? XD Yeah it was meant to be Orlando, Florida.

I'd imagine the menu would have other things that doesn't include mushrooms or every item having a certain ingredient. Very inconsiderate if they do, it'll be like not providing a vegetarian or vegan option in a restaurant.

Quite like there'll be points of interaction and visitors being able to collect virtual coins throughout the park. A couple instances were shown but not all of course, and when the inevitable videos come out of people visiting, I'll avoid watching them as to not spoil myself of them interactions.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dang, how'd I mistake the 'o' for an 'a' there? XD Yeah it was meant to be Orlando, Florida.

I'd imagine the menu would have other things that doesn't include mushrooms or every item having a certain ingredient. Very inconsiderate if they do, it'll be like not providing a vegetarian or vegan option in a restaurant.

Quite like there'll be points of interaction and visitors being able to collect virtual coins throughout the park. A couple instances were shown but not all of course, and when the inevitable videos come out of people visiting, I'll avoid watching them as to not spoil myself of them interactions.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The most I'll spoil myself is a map of the park. I'd like to know what's in it and how it's laid out and a map does that without actually showing the reality of any of it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The most I'll spoil myself is a map of the park. I'd like to know what's in it and how it's laid out and a map does that without actually showing the reality of any of it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The construction of both the American ones has been put on an indefinite hold due to the pandemic, but I expect it to be back in order soon enough to shoot for a 2025 opening date.

Either way, I would absolutely adore to see this in person before that time. Need to plan a trip to Japan soon...think we all are thinking that after seeing the video XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The construction of both the American ones has been put on an indefinite hold due to the pandemic, but I expect it to be back in order soon enough to shoot for a 2025 opening date.

Either way, I would absolutely adore to see this in person before that time. Need to plan a trip to Japan soon...think we all are thinking that after seeing the video XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2020, 06:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

At least the Japanese one would be more likely to have less stupid tourists present. As well as people with better manners. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2020, 06:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

At least the Japanese one would be more likely to have less stupid tourists present. As well as people with better manners. Whistle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Donkey Kong Expansion Coming to Super Nintendo World Japan in 2024
Super Nintendo World in America is still at least four years away from opening, and the Japanese version of the park is already looking towards its next expansion, with a Donkey Kong themed area planned to open in 2024 (which is still a full year before the American version of Super Nintendo World opens and that will presumably only contain the Mario world). A press release by Nintendo JP states that the "area will feature a roller coaster, interactive experiences and themed merchandise and food. Guests will be able to take a walk on the wild side through the lush jungles where Donkey Kong and his friends live." The area is expected to increase the size of the park by 70% overall.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Donkey Kong Expansion Coming to Super Nintendo World Japan in 2024
Super Nintendo World in America is still at least four years away from opening, and the Japanese version of the park is already looking towards its next expansion, with a Donkey Kong themed area planned to open in 2024 (which is still a full year before the American version of Super Nintendo World opens and that will presumably only contain the Mario world). A press release by Nintendo JP states that the "area will feature a roller coaster, interactive experiences and themed merchandise and food. Guests will be able to take a walk on the wild side through the lush jungles where Donkey Kong and his friends live." The area is expected to increase the size of the park by 70% overall.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeesh, where'd they get the space to have another section that adds on 70% to the already established park?

Also I completely forgot to check if Super Nintendo World did even open when it said it would and how well it's doing. Must be going pretty good to add a DK park.

Do wonder if the price for the ticket will be for both of them, or there will be one ticket for SNW, one ticket for DK expansion, and a joint ticket for both (either across days and/or single day).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeesh, where'd they get the space to have another section that adds on 70% to the already established park?

Also I completely forgot to check if Super Nintendo World did even open when it said it would and how well it's doing. Must be going pretty good to add a DK park.

Do wonder if the price for the ticket will be for both of them, or there will be one ticket for SNW, one ticket for DK expansion, and a joint ticket for both (either across days and/or single day).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 2nd, 2021, 05:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

If they have a plot of land like Disney does here in Florida, they'll be expanding for ages. How do you think there's more than one aspect of Disney here: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Blizzard Beach. If there's money to be had, they'll find a place for it XD

Sounds dope though, I was wondering when they'd announce a DK part to it. Wonder if live animals will be on display there for learning purposes, or just leave it entirely in the fantasy realm. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 2nd, 2021, 05:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

If they have a plot of land like Disney does here in Florida, they'll be expanding for ages. How do you think there's more than one aspect of Disney here: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Blizzard Beach. If there's money to be had, they'll find a place for it XD

Sounds dope though, I was wondering when they'd announce a DK part to it. Wonder if live animals will be on display there for learning purposes, or just leave it entirely in the fantasy realm. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Partner Direct - Feb. 21, 2024 Moonface 8 194 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Sues Yuzu; $2.4m Settlement Agreed Moonface 6 165 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: shadow
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,682 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Witch's Cauldron: Multi-World Event! ShiraNoMai 15 773 Dec 29th, 2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Restricted Exploration in Open World Games? Moonface 2 257 Dec 7th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface