Gacha Games/Store Practices | Split from UCT
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Monster Hunter: World / Operation Darkness
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 3,057
Dark Souls Final Fantasy Super Smash Bros. 
Well, Steam's brand is already irreparably tarnished, so I suppose they just said "Screw it; no such thing as bad publicity!" and decided to just let any yahoo with 100 bucks to burn post their stuff to the store. And so we get crowded with achievement spammers, asset flips, and developers who have acted in LEGITIMATELY DEMENTED WAYS (lawsuits, death threats, and other PR disasters), burying the games that are actively trying. And then people think that I'm just saying "if its a bad game, you can't sell it."
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Monster Hunter: World / Operation Darkness
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 3,057
Well, Steam's brand is already irreparably tarnished, so I suppose they just said "Screw it; no such thing as bad publicity!" and decided to just let any yahoo with 100 bucks to burn post their stuff to the store. And so we get crowded with achievement spammers, asset flips, and developers who have acted in LEGITIMATELY DEMENTED WAYS (lawsuits, death threats, and other PR disasters), burying the games that are actively trying. And then people think that I'm just saying "if its a bad game, you can't sell it."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restrictive/Punishing Mechanics in Games Moonface 0 34 May 10th, 2021, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Anticipated Games Moonface 24 5,947 May 6th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Games/Series That You Dropped/Fell Off Of? Moonface 14 370 May 6th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  How Video Games Will Look in 2021 Moonface 3 247 Apr 7th, 2021, 05:31 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 437 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord