Genshin Impact | 4.5 Special Program on March 1
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Here's why Staff of Homa is so overpowered on Hu Tao:

Hu Tao's gimmick is all about sacrificing HP for power. One of her talents is this:

Quote:When Hu Tao's HP is equal to or less than 50%, her Pyro DMG Bonus is increased by 33%

So you always want to be at less than 50% HP with her to get that 33% boost (which is pretty massive).

Then her Elemental Skill (which is her bread and butter):

Quote:Hu Tao consumes a part of her HP, knocking nearby enemies back and entering the Paramita Papilio State.

Paramita Papilio State:

-Increases Hu Tao's ATK based on her Max HP at the time of entering this state. ATK Bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao's Base ATK.
-Hu Tao's attack DMG is converted to Pyro DMG, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion.
-Increases Hu Tao's resistance to interruption.
-In the Paramita Papilio state, Hu Tao's Charged Attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to enemies it hits.

So the lower her HP is at the time you use her Elemental Skill, she can get up to 400% ATK boost. Then the skill infuses her weapon with Pyro Damage, kicking in that 33% extra Pyro DMG Boost from her talent (paired up with a Pyro DMG goblet to make it even greater).

So then Staff of Homa does this, on top of all of that:

Quote:HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the wielder's Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.

So it gives Hu Tao 20% more HP, which in turn will equate into more ATK gained from her elemental skill, and then provides nearly a 1% boost to ATK based on the wielder's HP, and then another 1% if the character is below 50% HP.

Now, Hu Tao has a naturally high HP stat, and she wants to run HP on her artifacts as well (HP% Sands, Pryo DMG Goblet, CRIT Rate Circlet -- HP% sub-stats on the later two as extra bonuses). Staff of Homa has CRIT DMG as the sub-stat on it, and at level 90 it gives 66.2% CRIT DMG.

So, Staff of Homa not only provides Hu Tao with a ton of Crit DMG to start off with, but also gives her more HP to increase the effect of her Elemental Skill, and then further boosts her damage when she's below 50% HP (which you should always have your Hu Tao below 50%).

Hu Tao herself also has CRIT DMG as her ascension bonus, up to 38.4% at level 90. Paired with a level 90 Staff of Homa, Hu Tao is starting with 104.6 CRIT DMG before Artifacts even come into play.

R5 Staff of Homa gets even better by increasing the bonuses it gives to nearly 2% instead as well, but R1 SoH is plenty to make Hu Tao an absolute beast. Like I've said before, I have a C1 Hu Tao with R1 Staff of Homa and bad artifacts (not nearly high enough crit rate, and my crit damage could be better too despite her already starting with 104.6%), and I vape my charged attacks for 50-75K+ damage, and with dash cancelling, I can hit with 5-7 charged attacks in just a few seconds.

Hu Tao makes quick work of bosses (Azdaha and his bloated HP aren't a problem when you can end each of his phases in one duration of Hu Tao's Elemental Skill), and is great for the Abyss as well. The only time she lacks compared to someone like Ganyu is when you need a lot of AoE damage (such as during a time trial).

I run Hu Tao/Xinqui/Zhongli and then a random Pyro character for the fourth just to get the Pryo Resonance ATK% boost, and I shred everything up with her. Though I've been considering switching the team around, because it might be better to run someone else other than a second Pyro just to be there. Bennett is bad for Hu Tao because you don't want the healing. Xiangling, while she can give a big boost to Pyro damage with her constellations, seems to eat up the Vape procs, taking them away from Hu Tao. Klee might be a decent option just because she can generate particles quickly for Hu Tao, but still seems to be kind of a waste.

I might try to build up Sucrose and try her out with Hu Tao. Sucrose could suck in enemies into a central point for her (where as Venti's Burst would lift them out of Hu Tao's range), and also provide the shred from 4pc VV set, and also boost Hu Tao's Pryo damage even further by having her Swirls infused with Pyro. Plus C6 Sucrose provide a huge EM boost to the entire team when her Burst is used, making it so Hu Tao would do even more damage with Vaporize. Though the Swirls being infused with Pyro might actually eat up the Vapes too, so I dunno.

I'll have to look into some more specialized Hu Tao comps. I've been pretty content with just running with Hu/Xinqui/Zhong.

As for the 4-stars you mentioned: Xinyan is absolute garbage and I wouldn't even consider working on her. Just leave her be. If you can get Noelle to C6 though, she's a beast. I'm actually considering building my Noelle (C6), just because of how damn good she actually can be at that point. Build her purely with DEF% and her damage will skyrocket pretty considerably (her C6 adds 50% of her DEF to her ATK stat, so the higher her DEF, the more damage she gets). Add in that her Burst adds a lot of damage + healing + she shields herself, and she can actually hold her own. Get her an R5 Whiteblind (Claymore with DEF% sub-stat) if you can (created via Claymore Prototypes), and she can be a god.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Here's why Staff of Homa is so overpowered on Hu Tao:

Hu Tao's gimmick is all about sacrificing HP for power. One of her talents is this:

Quote:When Hu Tao's HP is equal to or less than 50%, her Pyro DMG Bonus is increased by 33%

So you always want to be at less than 50% HP with her to get that 33% boost (which is pretty massive).

Then her Elemental Skill (which is her bread and butter):

Quote:Hu Tao consumes a part of her HP, knocking nearby enemies back and entering the Paramita Papilio State.

Paramita Papilio State:

-Increases Hu Tao's ATK based on her Max HP at the time of entering this state. ATK Bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao's Base ATK.
-Hu Tao's attack DMG is converted to Pyro DMG, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion.
-Increases Hu Tao's resistance to interruption.
-In the Paramita Papilio state, Hu Tao's Charged Attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to enemies it hits.

So the lower her HP is at the time you use her Elemental Skill, she can get up to 400% ATK boost. Then the skill infuses her weapon with Pyro Damage, kicking in that 33% extra Pyro DMG Boost from her talent (paired up with a Pyro DMG goblet to make it even greater).

So then Staff of Homa does this, on top of all of that:

Quote:HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the wielder's Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.

So it gives Hu Tao 20% more HP, which in turn will equate into more ATK gained from her elemental skill, and then provides nearly a 1% boost to ATK based on the wielder's HP, and then another 1% if the character is below 50% HP.

Now, Hu Tao has a naturally high HP stat, and she wants to run HP on her artifacts as well (HP% Sands, Pryo DMG Goblet, CRIT Rate Circlet -- HP% sub-stats on the later two as extra bonuses). Staff of Homa has CRIT DMG as the sub-stat on it, and at level 90 it gives 66.2% CRIT DMG.

So, Staff of Homa not only provides Hu Tao with a ton of Crit DMG to start off with, but also gives her more HP to increase the effect of her Elemental Skill, and then further boosts her damage when she's below 50% HP (which you should always have your Hu Tao below 50%).

Hu Tao herself also has CRIT DMG as her ascension bonus, up to 38.4% at level 90. Paired with a level 90 Staff of Homa, Hu Tao is starting with 104.6 CRIT DMG before Artifacts even come into play.

R5 Staff of Homa gets even better by increasing the bonuses it gives to nearly 2% instead as well, but R1 SoH is plenty to make Hu Tao an absolute beast. Like I've said before, I have a C1 Hu Tao with R1 Staff of Homa and bad artifacts (not nearly high enough crit rate, and my crit damage could be better too despite her already starting with 104.6%), and I vape my charged attacks for 50-75K+ damage, and with dash cancelling, I can hit with 5-7 charged attacks in just a few seconds.

Hu Tao makes quick work of bosses (Azdaha and his bloated HP aren't a problem when you can end each of his phases in one duration of Hu Tao's Elemental Skill), and is great for the Abyss as well. The only time she lacks compared to someone like Ganyu is when you need a lot of AoE damage (such as during a time trial).

I run Hu Tao/Xinqui/Zhongli and then a random Pyro character for the fourth just to get the Pryo Resonance ATK% boost, and I shred everything up with her. Though I've been considering switching the team around, because it might be better to run someone else other than a second Pyro just to be there. Bennett is bad for Hu Tao because you don't want the healing. Xiangling, while she can give a big boost to Pyro damage with her constellations, seems to eat up the Vape procs, taking them away from Hu Tao. Klee might be a decent option just because she can generate particles quickly for Hu Tao, but still seems to be kind of a waste.

I might try to build up Sucrose and try her out with Hu Tao. Sucrose could suck in enemies into a central point for her (where as Venti's Burst would lift them out of Hu Tao's range), and also provide the shred from 4pc VV set, and also boost Hu Tao's Pryo damage even further by having her Swirls infused with Pyro. Plus C6 Sucrose provide a huge EM boost to the entire team when her Burst is used, making it so Hu Tao would do even more damage with Vaporize. Though the Swirls being infused with Pyro might actually eat up the Vapes too, so I dunno.

I'll have to look into some more specialized Hu Tao comps. I've been pretty content with just running with Hu/Xinqui/Zhong.

As for the 4-stars you mentioned: Xinyan is absolute garbage and I wouldn't even consider working on her. Just leave her be. If you can get Noelle to C6 though, she's a beast. I'm actually considering building my Noelle (C6), just because of how damn good she actually can be at that point. Build her purely with DEF% and her damage will skyrocket pretty considerably (her C6 adds 50% of her DEF to her ATK stat, so the higher her DEF, the more damage she gets). Add in that her Burst adds a lot of damage + healing + she shields herself, and she can actually hold her own. Get her an R5 Whiteblind (Claymore with DEF% sub-stat) if you can (created via Claymore Prototypes), and she can be a god.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
New character teaser trailer dropped during the night:
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
New character teaser trailer dropped during the night:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I wasn't going to pull for Raiden because I didn't have any interest in her, but then I started to think about how broken Venti and Zhongli are, and I was like... what if I pass up on Raiden and she turns out to be super broken like they are?

So I ended up dropping some cold hard cash to get her. With the double bonuses back for buying Genesis Crystals, I ended up getting what I needed for her just with the $100 pack. Got Diluc on my first 50/50 (god damn it dude, I've pulled you two or three times after C6ing, FUCK OFF!), but thankfully got Raiden two 10 pulls later. So 50 pulls total to get her, even with losing the 50/50 on the first 5-star. Not bad, not bad.

Her weapon however, broke the bank. Had to pump another $200 into the game to get her weapon, because the game decided to screw me and both of the first 5* weapons I got were The Unforged (against popular opinion, this weapon is actually pretty awesome. Just have to keep a shield up, which is ezpz with Zhongli in the team). So R1 The Unforged, forcing me to go the distance with the Fate thing to get the guaranteed pull on Raiden's weapon.

Worst part is that all three of them took me to pity, or close to it. This is the main reason why it took such a money sink just to get C0 Raiden with R1 of her weapon. Probably a good sign that I should not chase R5 of her weapon, haha. Not that I would anyways. If I had the income, I'd def be going for C6 Raiden with R5 weapon (I'd do it for every new character if I could afford it lel).

Anyways, Raiden seems like she might actually pair really well with Yoimiya, so maybe she was worth pulling after all. I have been enjoying the hell out of Yoimiya, so anyone who makes her team even better is a welcome addition to my roster. I also ended up getting C2 Sara through my pulls as well. I'll look into building her at a later time. Her C6 gives a nice Electro Damage boost to the team though, so perhaps if I can get C6 Sara at some point, she'll make a fine addition to a Keqing team, which I've been wanting to make for a while.

I may end up spending a bit more money by the end of the banner trying to get Raiden to C4. Her Constellations look like they make her insane, so I might go for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I wasn't going to pull for Raiden because I didn't have any interest in her, but then I started to think about how broken Venti and Zhongli are, and I was like... what if I pass up on Raiden and she turns out to be super broken like they are?

So I ended up dropping some cold hard cash to get her. With the double bonuses back for buying Genesis Crystals, I ended up getting what I needed for her just with the $100 pack. Got Diluc on my first 50/50 (god damn it dude, I've pulled you two or three times after C6ing, FUCK OFF!), but thankfully got Raiden two 10 pulls later. So 50 pulls total to get her, even with losing the 50/50 on the first 5-star. Not bad, not bad.

Her weapon however, broke the bank. Had to pump another $200 into the game to get her weapon, because the game decided to screw me and both of the first 5* weapons I got were The Unforged (against popular opinion, this weapon is actually pretty awesome. Just have to keep a shield up, which is ezpz with Zhongli in the team). So R1 The Unforged, forcing me to go the distance with the Fate thing to get the guaranteed pull on Raiden's weapon.

Worst part is that all three of them took me to pity, or close to it. This is the main reason why it took such a money sink just to get C0 Raiden with R1 of her weapon. Probably a good sign that I should not chase R5 of her weapon, haha. Not that I would anyways. If I had the income, I'd def be going for C6 Raiden with R5 weapon (I'd do it for every new character if I could afford it lel).

Anyways, Raiden seems like she might actually pair really well with Yoimiya, so maybe she was worth pulling after all. I have been enjoying the hell out of Yoimiya, so anyone who makes her team even better is a welcome addition to my roster. I also ended up getting C2 Sara through my pulls as well. I'll look into building her at a later time. Her C6 gives a nice Electro Damage boost to the team though, so perhaps if I can get C6 Sara at some point, she'll make a fine addition to a Keqing team, which I've been wanting to make for a while.

I may end up spending a bit more money by the end of the banner trying to get Raiden to C4. Her Constellations look like they make her insane, so I might go for it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dude, what are you doing?! XD Dang you went and done all that and possibly more later. I'm about to get the Crystals that have been reset, only ones I deem worth it as there are two I don't which are the two cheapest ones. When this update finishes that is, for my PS4 account. PC one finished the process quickly, still have an hour on PS4, fook, but it might go down quicker the closer to the end it is, about a 1/3 done right now (now over half done and less than 40 mins). I'll pull for a bit but I kind of want Raiden now but only C0 but not her weapon too. I'm only going to go up to pity though and have a little hope she drops before then, I'm at 30 something though. So I'll single pull, last time I did 5 singles I got 3 4* out of it. LOL I am still going to go for Hu Tao after though. I'll be happy with my Barbara, Mona and Xingqiu (when he's caught up) as my Hydro users and don't want Kokomi anymore.....although damn there's Yae coming so if I don't get Raiden in the pulls I plan to do, might let her slip in when her banner comes out which I assume is due after Kokomi's if the leak of the next banners are true. That or let my PC account grab one of them. My Ganyu does fine enough so I think I'll be OK not getting her Constellations....even though I know that'll make her so much better. Still none of my other characters come close to what she does, although if I do get what I am aiming for with Hu Tao, that'll change. DL, you convinced me to get her to C1 and weapon to R1 just hope I can get there without spending too much. 50/50's be on my side PLEASE.

Just for the sake of it here are my characters before I pull on either of my accounts, I won't be doing much of that on my PC one of course;

I'm still not that far into it for my F2P account, got to Liyue and doing stuff there now. Could've been a bit further like doing the Archon Quest there but was finishing off Inazuma stuff I hadn't done yet in my main, I still don't have the Waypoint/Domain open near Araumi that's hidden and some other things. Now there's this update to keep my attention. I've been slacking too, should've grinded Naku Weeds earlier for Yoimiya, got to keep waiting for them to respawn now so I can get Yoimiya to her 6th ascension. Same for Sayu. Need to get Mona there too, just not been fighting Oceanid recently so got that to farm for both her and Xingqiu, that's why he's low still.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dude, what are you doing?! XD Dang you went and done all that and possibly more later. I'm about to get the Crystals that have been reset, only ones I deem worth it as there are two I don't which are the two cheapest ones. When this update finishes that is, for my PS4 account. PC one finished the process quickly, still have an hour on PS4, fook, but it might go down quicker the closer to the end it is, about a 1/3 done right now (now over half done and less than 40 mins). I'll pull for a bit but I kind of want Raiden now but only C0 but not her weapon too. I'm only going to go up to pity though and have a little hope she drops before then, I'm at 30 something though. So I'll single pull, last time I did 5 singles I got 3 4* out of it. LOL I am still going to go for Hu Tao after though. I'll be happy with my Barbara, Mona and Xingqiu (when he's caught up) as my Hydro users and don't want Kokomi anymore.....although damn there's Yae coming so if I don't get Raiden in the pulls I plan to do, might let her slip in when her banner comes out which I assume is due after Kokomi's if the leak of the next banners are true. That or let my PC account grab one of them. My Ganyu does fine enough so I think I'll be OK not getting her Constellations....even though I know that'll make her so much better. Still none of my other characters come close to what she does, although if I do get what I am aiming for with Hu Tao, that'll change. DL, you convinced me to get her to C1 and weapon to R1 just hope I can get there without spending too much. 50/50's be on my side PLEASE.

Just for the sake of it here are my characters before I pull on either of my accounts, I won't be doing much of that on my PC one of course;

I'm still not that far into it for my F2P account, got to Liyue and doing stuff there now. Could've been a bit further like doing the Archon Quest there but was finishing off Inazuma stuff I hadn't done yet in my main, I still don't have the Waypoint/Domain open near Araumi that's hidden and some other things. Now there's this update to keep my attention. I've been slacking too, should've grinded Naku Weeds earlier for Yoimiya, got to keep waiting for them to respawn now so I can get Yoimiya to her 6th ascension. Same for Sayu. Need to get Mona there too, just not been fighting Oceanid recently so got that to farm for both her and Xingqiu, that's why he's low still.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've just fully embraced the whale inside of me, my dude. No longer can I resist not dropping mounds of cold, hard cash to get my cute anime girls to C4-C6. It has to happen. The final straw has been broken at last. The floodgates are wide open.

Nah, but seriously... I have no defense for it. I'm just a filthy whale who is okay with dropping his entire bank account on this game. I mean, I've whaled in gacha games before Genshin, but Genshin has captured me in a way no game has in a long, long time (evident by the fact that I haven't made any progress in any other games because I'm too busy playing Genshin all day). So while other people will judge me for how much money I have dropped on this game, I'm okay with it. I've gotten so much fun and enjoyment out of this game the last year. Plus I could be spending my money on a lot of worse things than a gacha game -- Alcohol, drugs, a girlfriend.

Here is the updated roster of my characters:

I really need to get to work on building up Xiangling, Noelle, Beidou and Rosaria. Though I'm not sure who I want to pair up with Noelle to be her Geo Battery for, as Noelle herself isn't good at building up Energy for her Burst.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've just fully embraced the whale inside of me, my dude. No longer can I resist not dropping mounds of cold, hard cash to get my cute anime girls to C4-C6. It has to happen. The final straw has been broken at last. The floodgates are wide open.

Nah, but seriously... I have no defense for it. I'm just a filthy whale who is okay with dropping his entire bank account on this game. I mean, I've whaled in gacha games before Genshin, but Genshin has captured me in a way no game has in a long, long time (evident by the fact that I haven't made any progress in any other games because I'm too busy playing Genshin all day). So while other people will judge me for how much money I have dropped on this game, I'm okay with it. I've gotten so much fun and enjoyment out of this game the last year. Plus I could be spending my money on a lot of worse things than a gacha game -- Alcohol, drugs, a girlfriend.

Here is the updated roster of my characters:

I really need to get to work on building up Xiangling, Noelle, Beidou and Rosaria. Though I'm not sure who I want to pair up with Noelle to be her Geo Battery for, as Noelle herself isn't good at building up Energy for her Burst.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, glad you've fully embraced it then. I don't judge you for it, because I can understand why you like it so much, I would toss more in too if I didn't have many restraints holding me back. XD I might be at the £500 mark now, or around that or will be definitely after I've got the last two Crystal packs at some point. Haven't yet so I don't go Wishing away before Hu Tao's rerun, because right now I'm in a good position not to. Still have the two big ones to buy and those I'm 100% saving for that banner because the two medium ones got me Sara and Raiden. I was at 69 pity, had 10 fates plus 800 Crystals I hadn't thrown in yet, did a single pull and Raiden turned up at 70. Did originally think it was going to be only the one pull I was going to do at that point, but if she didn't show up the rest I had in reserve I would've waved bye bye too anyway. Just super happy she did so I can officially start my saving for the one and only I must have in my roster. Grin OK, I might pull some more to make the way to next Pity, but won't do that until I have earned a lot of Primos in game first.

I did try out Raiden and Sara in their test runs and did enjoy them, Raiden a lot more that's why I just had to go for those Wishes and get at least one of her. Got them both up to Lv 49 & 59 respectively, because I hadn't got enough of the fruit Raiden needs yet but have lots of the De---whatever that plant Sara needs is called. I do like the Engulfing Lightning weapon for Raiden, but sticking her with Dragon's Bane for now as it was a 4* weapon I wasn't using yet and extra damage to Hydro and Pyro enemies (or who are afflicted by them) seems pretty fine as they're good elemental reactions for Electro. As my main focus is Staff of Homa I'll consider Engulfing Lightning on her rerun...in like half a year or something. LOL Got my Sucrose to C5 now, also received her in my PC version which was much needed as I had no other Anemo character there. As for Aloy haven't done much with her other than nabbing the Fate at level 20 off her. Seen she's considered S Tier at the moment (although could change) and read someone mentioned she plays like Horizon Aloy so I suppose that's OK. Oh and didn't realise but she's of the medium height, not tall. Didn't realise that in the trailers for some reason.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, glad you've fully embraced it then. I don't judge you for it, because I can understand why you like it so much, I would toss more in too if I didn't have many restraints holding me back. XD I might be at the £500 mark now, or around that or will be definitely after I've got the last two Crystal packs at some point. Haven't yet so I don't go Wishing away before Hu Tao's rerun, because right now I'm in a good position not to. Still have the two big ones to buy and those I'm 100% saving for that banner because the two medium ones got me Sara and Raiden. I was at 69 pity, had 10 fates plus 800 Crystals I hadn't thrown in yet, did a single pull and Raiden turned up at 70. Did originally think it was going to be only the one pull I was going to do at that point, but if she didn't show up the rest I had in reserve I would've waved bye bye too anyway. Just super happy she did so I can officially start my saving for the one and only I must have in my roster. Grin OK, I might pull some more to make the way to next Pity, but won't do that until I have earned a lot of Primos in game first.

I did try out Raiden and Sara in their test runs and did enjoy them, Raiden a lot more that's why I just had to go for those Wishes and get at least one of her. Got them both up to Lv 49 & 59 respectively, because I hadn't got enough of the fruit Raiden needs yet but have lots of the De---whatever that plant Sara needs is called. I do like the Engulfing Lightning weapon for Raiden, but sticking her with Dragon's Bane for now as it was a 4* weapon I wasn't using yet and extra damage to Hydro and Pyro enemies (or who are afflicted by them) seems pretty fine as they're good elemental reactions for Electro. As my main focus is Staff of Homa I'll consider Engulfing Lightning on her rerun...in like half a year or something. LOL Got my Sucrose to C5 now, also received her in my PC version which was much needed as I had no other Anemo character there. As for Aloy haven't done much with her other than nabbing the Fate at level 20 off her. Seen she's considered S Tier at the moment (although could change) and read someone mentioned she plays like Horizon Aloy so I suppose that's OK. Oh and didn't realise but she's of the medium height, not tall. Didn't realise that in the trailers for some reason.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just fyi, Raiden's best F2P weapon is the one you get from the Fishing event, I've been hearing, so you might want to go for that one. Raiden is also a top-tier support for Yoimiya, so that's a great team combination to do if you want to use both of them.

So new leaks have come out that suggest that the 2.2 banners are going to be Hu Tao re-run and a second Childe re-run. If these leaks are true, I'm very confused why they'd be running Childe for a third time when there's other characters that haven't gotten there re-runs yet. Re-running Hu Tao in 2.2 would mean that she's getting her re-run before three characters that came first and haven't been re-run yet (Albedo, Xiao and Ganyu in that order).

So far people are suggesting this leak is true because...

1) Hu Tao would be re-running around Halloween, which would fit her character theme, being a funeral parlor director and all.

2) There's a new 5* Bow that's going to come out that is apparently Fatui themed and looks like the bow Childe uses in his boss fight.

Either way, having two Childe re-runs when Albedo, Xiao and Ganyu haven't even gotten one yet is kind of weird to me. Especially with how bad both of Childe's banners have done money wise. Both his initial banner and his re-run are among the lowest earning banners (along with Albedo and Keqing's banners).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just fyi, Raiden's best F2P weapon is the one you get from the Fishing event, I've been hearing, so you might want to go for that one. Raiden is also a top-tier support for Yoimiya, so that's a great team combination to do if you want to use both of them.

So new leaks have come out that suggest that the 2.2 banners are going to be Hu Tao re-run and a second Childe re-run. If these leaks are true, I'm very confused why they'd be running Childe for a third time when there's other characters that haven't gotten there re-runs yet. Re-running Hu Tao in 2.2 would mean that she's getting her re-run before three characters that came first and haven't been re-run yet (Albedo, Xiao and Ganyu in that order).

So far people are suggesting this leak is true because...

1) Hu Tao would be re-running around Halloween, which would fit her character theme, being a funeral parlor director and all.

2) There's a new 5* Bow that's going to come out that is apparently Fatui themed and looks like the bow Childe uses in his boss fight.

Either way, having two Childe re-runs when Albedo, Xiao and Ganyu haven't even gotten one yet is kind of weird to me. Especially with how bad both of Childe's banners have done money wise. Both his initial banner and his re-run are among the lowest earning banners (along with Albedo and Keqing's banners).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
What, the best for her is going to be one of the fish weapons? XD Oh dang I was hoping those would be mediocre, I didn't want to even try and get those when they were announced. Suppose I'll try at lest the spear one, I mean I take it'll be easier to get the fish weapon to R5 than waiting for weapon copies in Wishes.

Ah, why another Childe re-run? That could've been saved for later or they're gunning for the "lol let's use Childe vs Signora's boss fight". Playable Childe getting his proper weapon is cool and all but nyeh. Hope it'll be before Hu Tao's then, need that saving time. Raiden's ends...around 20th so another 20 days after for Kokomi would take it to...13th Oct which is when I take it 2.2 drops, usually comes Tuesday into Wednesday for me. Ah shoot, that'll be before the Childe third re-run, fickle sticks. So Yae should be after them, Thoma and Gorou have got to be 4* surely as Inazuma is lacking in those seeing how there's more 4*'s from Mondstadt and Liyue than their respective 5*, where Inazuma's at 2:4/5 (if Yae is indeed 5*) at the moment.

Also glad the new areas have plenty of Naku Weed and Amakumo Fruit scattered around, yay. My Yoimiya will be up with my other higher levelled characters soon and Raiden will catch up quick, whoo! Even at mere level 59 she's helping my other characters destroy enemies with her Skill. Will definitely have her in a team with Yoimiya or basically anyone else if not her.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
What, the best for her is going to be one of the fish weapons? XD Oh dang I was hoping those would be mediocre, I didn't want to even try and get those when they were announced. Suppose I'll try at lest the spear one, I mean I take it'll be easier to get the fish weapon to R5 than waiting for weapon copies in Wishes.

Ah, why another Childe re-run? That could've been saved for later or they're gunning for the "lol let's use Childe vs Signora's boss fight". Playable Childe getting his proper weapon is cool and all but nyeh. Hope it'll be before Hu Tao's then, need that saving time. Raiden's ends...around 20th so another 20 days after for Kokomi would take it to...13th Oct which is when I take it 2.2 drops, usually comes Tuesday into Wednesday for me. Ah shoot, that'll be before the Childe third re-run, fickle sticks. So Yae should be after them, Thoma and Gorou have got to be 4* surely as Inazuma is lacking in those seeing how there's more 4*'s from Mondstadt and Liyue than their respective 5*, where Inazuma's at 2:4/5 (if Yae is indeed 5*) at the moment.

Also glad the new areas have plenty of Naku Weed and Amakumo Fruit scattered around, yay. My Yoimiya will be up with my other higher levelled characters soon and Raiden will catch up quick, whoo! Even at mere level 59 she's helping my other characters destroy enemies with her Skill. Will definitely have her in a team with Yoimiya or basically anyone else if not her.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
At least it's not the weapon that's literally a fish, haha. But yeah, from everything I'm seeing, the The Catch is the best F2P weapon for Raiden. Has the sub-stat she wants (Energy Recharge) and also boosts Burst Damage. Other weapons are better if you want to run Raiden as a DPS, but everything I'm seeing highly suggest not doing that, and instead running her in her natural role of Supporter.

I'm loving the Hyakunin Ikki event. I've wanted an event where you just kill enemies endlessly until the timer runs out. I really like that they provide some characters you can use that you might not have. I took advantage of it to take Xiao and run him in a team with Sayu. Worked out pretty well. Reminded me of how fun Xiao actually is to play. I just didn't pull for him back when he ran because Ganyu was right after him. Might pull him when his re-run eventually comes though, because he'd be fun to have for Overworld use at the very least.

I'm going to hide the name of this enemy incase you haven't discovered it yet, but I'm super happy that they added a Hydro Hypostatis to the game. I thought we'd have to wait a while to get another one, so was pleasantly surprised to see it on the map. Haven't fought it yet, but I look forward to seeing what the fight is like soon.

I finally got around to putting gardens in my teapot so I could grow Naku Weeds in there. I have Yoimiya at level 90 already, so I don't necessarily need them right now, but figured it'd be good to start stocking up on them now in case another character comes along that requires them. Growing them in there seems a lot more fun than running around collecting them, haha.

As for Thoma and Gouru, I fully expect them to be 4*s. If the rumors of the Childe re-run are true, I fully expect Thoma to be on his banner. They'll pull the same move they did last time with Rosaria -- put a new 4* people want on a banner with a 5* that people don't really care for. I could see Gouru showing up on either Kokomi's banner, or saved for a re-run of another unpopular character (Albedo perhaps).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
At least it's not the weapon that's literally a fish, haha. But yeah, from everything I'm seeing, the The Catch is the best F2P weapon for Raiden. Has the sub-stat she wants (Energy Recharge) and also boosts Burst Damage. Other weapons are better if you want to run Raiden as a DPS, but everything I'm seeing highly suggest not doing that, and instead running her in her natural role of Supporter.

I'm loving the Hyakunin Ikki event. I've wanted an event where you just kill enemies endlessly until the timer runs out. I really like that they provide some characters you can use that you might not have. I took advantage of it to take Xiao and run him in a team with Sayu. Worked out pretty well. Reminded me of how fun Xiao actually is to play. I just didn't pull for him back when he ran because Ganyu was right after him. Might pull him when his re-run eventually comes though, because he'd be fun to have for Overworld use at the very least.

I'm going to hide the name of this enemy incase you haven't discovered it yet, but I'm super happy that they added a Hydro Hypostatis to the game. I thought we'd have to wait a while to get another one, so was pleasantly surprised to see it on the map. Haven't fought it yet, but I look forward to seeing what the fight is like soon.

I finally got around to putting gardens in my teapot so I could grow Naku Weeds in there. I have Yoimiya at level 90 already, so I don't necessarily need them right now, but figured it'd be good to start stocking up on them now in case another character comes along that requires them. Growing them in there seems a lot more fun than running around collecting them, haha.

As for Thoma and Gouru, I fully expect them to be 4*s. If the rumors of the Childe re-run are true, I fully expect Thoma to be on his banner. They'll pull the same move they did last time with Rosaria -- put a new 4* people want on a banner with a 5* that people don't really care for. I could see Gouru showing up on either Kokomi's banner, or saved for a re-run of another unpopular character (Albedo perhaps).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh yeah, it isn't a fish after all. I assumed they were all going to be based on actual sea life.

Yeah it is a pretty good event, I'm not hitting the 2k points, only around 1.5 but it's enough for two of the rewards. I use Xiao, Childe and trial Yanfei as part of a duo, seem the best to fit in with what I have, since I don't have enough characters to be reliable as just a duo. Actually dang, I didn't even try double Anemo characters just now for the Elemental Slime round, that'd help me out a lot then.

I've opened up the two new areas, haven't spent long on Watatsumi Island, literally 5% so far where as 51% on Seirai. Did notice the new Hypostasis and also haven't fought that yet. Wondered what the item Kokomi was going to have from the boss as the Pyro, Maguu Kenki or Mechanical Array wouldn't fit with her Element. Perhaps it'll be harder than Pyro, as I can beat that quite quick. Kind of annoyed they nerfed it for some reason in the update, didn't need that.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh yeah, it isn't a fish after all. I assumed they were all going to be based on actual sea life.

Yeah it is a pretty good event, I'm not hitting the 2k points, only around 1.5 but it's enough for two of the rewards. I use Xiao, Childe and trial Yanfei as part of a duo, seem the best to fit in with what I have, since I don't have enough characters to be reliable as just a duo. Actually dang, I didn't even try double Anemo characters just now for the Elemental Slime round, that'd help me out a lot then.

I've opened up the two new areas, haven't spent long on Watatsumi Island, literally 5% so far where as 51% on Seirai. Did notice the new Hypostasis and also haven't fought that yet. Wondered what the item Kokomi was going to have from the boss as the Pyro, Maguu Kenki or Mechanical Array wouldn't fit with her Element. Perhaps it'll be harder than Pyro, as I can beat that quite quick. Kind of annoyed they nerfed it for some reason in the update, didn't need that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I stayed up a little later than I should have to finish up the Inazuma story line, because I wanted to make sure I could fight the new weekly boss before reset (was slacking on progressing the story to explore instead), so MAJOR STORY SPOILERS in the spoiler tag before, so do not look if you haven't finished the story line yet!

Also Kazuha re-run when MiHoYo? God I regret not pulling for him. He's so good and fits in pretty much every single team. Super sad times.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I stayed up a little later than I should have to finish up the Inazuma story line, because I wanted to make sure I could fight the new weekly boss before reset (was slacking on progressing the story to explore instead), so MAJOR STORY SPOILERS in the spoiler tag before, so do not look if you haven't finished the story line yet!

Also Kazuha re-run when MiHoYo? God I regret not pulling for him. He's so good and fits in pretty much every single team. Super sad times.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finished all stages of Hyakunin Ikki with 3500+ points (highest level medal. No extra rewards over the Gold medal, just shinier/feeling of accomplishment.

My team set-ups to achieve this ended up being:

Team 1: Ganyu + Venti
Team 2: Childe + Fischl
Team 3: Xiao + Xiangling
Team 4: Hu Tao + Mona
Team 5: Eula + Zhongli
Team 6: Diluc + Xinqui

Opened up each round with Ganyu/Venti combo since every one has several waves of enemies that spawn for the first three waves. Put Venti's burst right in the middle of the arena and it would suck up all of them, with Ganyu making short work of them with her Charged Shots and Burst (infusing Venti's with Cryo for even more damage). Used Frigid Regimen (+100% Cryo DMG for 25s) and Celebrations Beyond Count (30% CD decrease + 150% Burst damage).

After they were done clearing the first few waves, then it was Childe and Fischl's turn to team up. Ended up choosing to go with an Electro Charged set-up for Childe over a Vaporize one, and it worked out decently well. In hindsight, I probably could have gotten more damage out of Childe + Xiangling, but oh well. Used Cacophonic Showers (+100% Hydro DMG for 25 seconds) and We're on Fire! (Fervor accumulation greatly increased for 25 seconds). Helped get that bar up a couple of levels really quickly, while taking care of any stragglers from Ganyu and Venti.

Then Xiao and Xiangling. Even though Xiangling might have paired better with Childe, I decided to go for Pyro swirls with Xiao's plunging attacks while in Burst mode. Worked out pretty nicely despite my Xiangling not being built and having no artifacts. This trial Xiao was able to put out some insane damage (20K-25K plunge attacks while his Burst was active). Scything Winds (+100% Anemo damage for 25 seconds) and Moonshadow Fall (Plunging Attack DMG +100% for 25 seconds) to beef up that damage even higher.

Hu Tao and Mona teamed up for this one since I needed to let Diluc have Xinqui. It worked out well, since I didn't really need to keep Hu Tao on the field for long. Using Mona's burst and then spamming charged attacks with Hu worked out wonderfully. That extra damage from Mona' burst let me clear big enemies super quickly. These girls got Fiery Banishment (+100% Pyro DMG for 25 seconds) and Lightcleaver Blade (Charged attack stamina reduced by 50% and Charged Attack damage +75%).

Eula and Zhongli for some quick big numbers. My Ayaka and Ganyu are forced to use the same artifacts for now, so I needed Eula to come in and be another DPS for me since I had to very sadly bench Ayaka for this one, as Ganyu was the better choice to bring. Between Zhongli's burst and Eula's Burst, they were able to clear enemies out rather quickly. Being able to pop Eula's burst early by switching back to Zhongli made this a very flexible team. Buffs for them were Way of Tatara (100% Physical DMG for 25 seconds) and Radical Dispersal (characters protected by a shield release a shockwave when hit).

Last and certainly least was a very sloppily thrown together Diluc and Xinqui team. Normally I always pair Hu Tao and Xinqui, but my Diluc has crap artifacts, so he needed Xinqui with him in order to do anything of worth. Normally I wouldn't even think about bringing Diluc, but sadly Yoimiya's single target playstyle just wasn't good for this event when you need to kill lots of enemies very quickly, so I had to bring someone who could do some AoE damage. Between my C0 Klee and my C6 Diluc, it was pretty obvious which one to bring. Plus Klee can't get Vape procs with Xinqui, so that was out of the question. Diluc didn't do a whole lot here, but any damage was better than nothing and having a blank team for that bit of time until I could swap to the next one. These guys got Accidental Intent (ATK Speed +50%, increase resistance to interruption and 10% life steal for 25 seconds) and Phantom Eye (+250 Elemental Mastery for 25 seconds). Just kind of gave them whatever I had left. At least Phantom Eye added to the Vaporize damage Diluc was doing.

So yeah, that's what I was able to slap together to achieve 3500+ points for each stage. As I mentioned, I sadly could not use Ayaka in this due to limited artifacts, Yoimiya because single target playstyle was terrible for this, or Shogun Raiden, since I don't have her built up yet (she would have been fun to pair with Childe over Fischl though).

In the end, pretty fun event. Sad that the highest medal level doesn't give any rewards, but understandable since not everyone was going to be able to get that many points. Hell, I struggled to get to 3500 and had to try stages 5+ times to finally get there. Especially that damn Slime one. That was an absolute nightmare for getting to 3500 points. Had to really rely on Venti's burst for this one, and hoping that his tornado would get infused with anything but Cryo. Needed his Burst to take care of the Cryo slime while Ganyu shot down the Pyro ones.

Oh, I also ended up getting C1 Raiden, so one step closer to potentially getting C2/C4/C6? Find out on the next episode of Genshin Ball Z!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finished all stages of Hyakunin Ikki with 3500+ points (highest level medal. No extra rewards over the Gold medal, just shinier/feeling of accomplishment.

My team set-ups to achieve this ended up being:

Team 1: Ganyu + Venti
Team 2: Childe + Fischl
Team 3: Xiao + Xiangling
Team 4: Hu Tao + Mona
Team 5: Eula + Zhongli
Team 6: Diluc + Xinqui

Opened up each round with Ganyu/Venti combo since every one has several waves of enemies that spawn for the first three waves. Put Venti's burst right in the middle of the arena and it would suck up all of them, with Ganyu making short work of them with her Charged Shots and Burst (infusing Venti's with Cryo for even more damage). Used Frigid Regimen (+100% Cryo DMG for 25s) and Celebrations Beyond Count (30% CD decrease + 150% Burst damage).

After they were done clearing the first few waves, then it was Childe and Fischl's turn to team up. Ended up choosing to go with an Electro Charged set-up for Childe over a Vaporize one, and it worked out decently well. In hindsight, I probably could have gotten more damage out of Childe + Xiangling, but oh well. Used Cacophonic Showers (+100% Hydro DMG for 25 seconds) and We're on Fire! (Fervor accumulation greatly increased for 25 seconds). Helped get that bar up a couple of levels really quickly, while taking care of any stragglers from Ganyu and Venti.

Then Xiao and Xiangling. Even though Xiangling might have paired better with Childe, I decided to go for Pyro swirls with Xiao's plunging attacks while in Burst mode. Worked out pretty nicely despite my Xiangling not being built and having no artifacts. This trial Xiao was able to put out some insane damage (20K-25K plunge attacks while his Burst was active). Scything Winds (+100% Anemo damage for 25 seconds) and Moonshadow Fall (Plunging Attack DMG +100% for 25 seconds) to beef up that damage even higher.

Hu Tao and Mona teamed up for this one since I needed to let Diluc have Xinqui. It worked out well, since I didn't really need to keep Hu Tao on the field for long. Using Mona's burst and then spamming charged attacks with Hu worked out wonderfully. That extra damage from Mona' burst let me clear big enemies super quickly. These girls got Fiery Banishment (+100% Pyro DMG for 25 seconds) and Lightcleaver Blade (Charged attack stamina reduced by 50% and Charged Attack damage +75%).

Eula and Zhongli for some quick big numbers. My Ayaka and Ganyu are forced to use the same artifacts for now, so I needed Eula to come in and be another DPS for me since I had to very sadly bench Ayaka for this one, as Ganyu was the better choice to bring. Between Zhongli's burst and Eula's Burst, they were able to clear enemies out rather quickly. Being able to pop Eula's burst early by switching back to Zhongli made this a very flexible team. Buffs for them were Way of Tatara (100% Physical DMG for 25 seconds) and Radical Dispersal (characters protected by a shield release a shockwave when hit).

Last and certainly least was a very sloppily thrown together Diluc and Xinqui team. Normally I always pair Hu Tao and Xinqui, but my Diluc has crap artifacts, so he needed Xinqui with him in order to do anything of worth. Normally I wouldn't even think about bringing Diluc, but sadly Yoimiya's single target playstyle just wasn't good for this event when you need to kill lots of enemies very quickly, so I had to bring someone who could do some AoE damage. Between my C0 Klee and my C6 Diluc, it was pretty obvious which one to bring. Plus Klee can't get Vape procs with Xinqui, so that was out of the question. Diluc didn't do a whole lot here, but any damage was better than nothing and having a blank team for that bit of time until I could swap to the next one. These guys got Accidental Intent (ATK Speed +50%, increase resistance to interruption and 10% life steal for 25 seconds) and Phantom Eye (+250 Elemental Mastery for 25 seconds). Just kind of gave them whatever I had left. At least Phantom Eye added to the Vaporize damage Diluc was doing.

So yeah, that's what I was able to slap together to achieve 3500+ points for each stage. As I mentioned, I sadly could not use Ayaka in this due to limited artifacts, Yoimiya because single target playstyle was terrible for this, or Shogun Raiden, since I don't have her built up yet (she would have been fun to pair with Childe over Fischl though).

In the end, pretty fun event. Sad that the highest medal level doesn't give any rewards, but understandable since not everyone was going to be able to get that many points. Hell, I struggled to get to 3500 and had to try stages 5+ times to finally get there. Especially that damn Slime one. That was an absolute nightmare for getting to 3500 points. Had to really rely on Venti's burst for this one, and hoping that his tornado would get infused with anything but Cryo. Needed his Burst to take care of the Cryo slime while Ganyu shot down the Pyro ones.

Oh, I also ended up getting C1 Raiden, so one step closer to potentially getting C2/C4/C6? Find out on the next episode of Genshin Ball Z!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So seeing all this C1 C2 C5 stuff made me look up what it's about (so that less of this thread feels like reading a foreign language to me XD), and I get that it's the number of times you pulled a character? Or does it count for their weapons too? Also, to get a C6 would I be right to assume you have to pull something seven times, or can you get a higher "C" number just through a lucky pull, i.e. pulling and straight up getting a C2 instead of a C1 or C0?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So seeing all this C1 C2 C5 stuff made me look up what it's about (so that less of this thread feels like reading a foreign language to me XD), and I get that it's the number of times you pulled a character? Or does it count for their weapons too? Also, to get a C6 would I be right to assume you have to pull something seven times, or can you get a higher "C" number just through a lucky pull, i.e. pulling and straight up getting a C2 instead of a C1 or C0?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
CX refers to the level of a character's constellations, which usually provide various buffs to a character. In order to unlock them, you need to pull dupes of said character. So using Raiden Shogun as an example, I currently have her at C1, which means I've pulled two of her so far. If I want to get her to C6, I need to pull five more copies of her, for a grand total of 7 copies.

Weapons have something similar, but called Refinement. You can get a weapon up to Refinement 5, with each Refinement level increasing the effect of the weapon's passive skill. Weapons are slightly more forgiving though, since weapons start at Refinement 1, so you only need to get a total of 5 copies of a weapon, instead of 7 like you do a character. Characters start without any constellation levels, so you need to unlock all six of them after your first copy of them.

Either way, getting C6 on a 5* character or R5 on a 5* weapon are both whale territory. You'd be looking at, on average, $1,000 to $1,200 to get both a new 5* to C6 and their weapon to R5.

To math it out quickly, every $100 gives you 8080 Primogems, which is 50 pulls. If luck isn't on your side, you need 90 pulls to hit character pity. Then you also need to win the 50/50 between getting the banner character or one of the standard 5*s in the pool. If you lose the 50/50, you need to pull again until you hit your next 5*, which if unlucky, will require you to do 90 more pulls to get back to pity.

So just one copy of a character alone could potentially cost someone $350-ish if you start at 0 pity before pulling, and are forced to do the full 180 pulls to get the limited character guaranteed (if you lose a 50/50 pull, you are guaranteed to get the banner character the next time you get a 5*).

Now let's assume absolute worst-case scenario and this happens for all 7 copies of the character. That would be $2,450 to get the character to Constellation 6. Now of course this is a very unlikely situation, because losing every 50/50 is very unlikely, and being forced to pull all the way to the 90 pity point each and every time isn't going to happen. Soft pity happens at 70 pulls and that increases your chances of a 5*, and the percentage of drawing a 5* goes up with every pull past 70 until you hit the 100% guarantee at 90. So most of the time you'd be hitting that 5* draw in the 70-89 range, with a few unfortunate times where you are forced to hit 90.

But yeah, chasing both C6 characters and R5 weapons is obviously not recommended unless you're crazy rich, or a Genshin content creator with a large enough viewer base where you pretty much make $1,000 for every $100 you spend whaling. The big Genshin streamers can afford to throw $5,000 at the game in one sitting because they're gonna make that money back and then some by the end of their stream most likely, haha.

As for me, I have not chased an R5 weapon yet (at least not a 5* one. Getting R5 on a 4* weapon just comes naturally after some time). I have chased C6 on a couple of characters, as I have mentioned before, and I'll probably end up doing it again at some point because I make enough money at the new job where I could afford to take the dive more often if I so choose. Which I might do for Hu Tao during her re-run, if the leaks are true and it's coming at the end of October.

tl;dr version: Constellations are extra perks you can unlock for characters by pulling additional copies of them (7 needed total) that usually provide massive buffs to a character. Can take an okay character and make them good, a good character and make them great, a great character and make them broken, and a broken character and make them gods.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
CX refers to the level of a character's constellations, which usually provide various buffs to a character. In order to unlock them, you need to pull dupes of said character. So using Raiden Shogun as an example, I currently have her at C1, which means I've pulled two of her so far. If I want to get her to C6, I need to pull five more copies of her, for a grand total of 7 copies.

Weapons have something similar, but called Refinement. You can get a weapon up to Refinement 5, with each Refinement level increasing the effect of the weapon's passive skill. Weapons are slightly more forgiving though, since weapons start at Refinement 1, so you only need to get a total of 5 copies of a weapon, instead of 7 like you do a character. Characters start without any constellation levels, so you need to unlock all six of them after your first copy of them.

Either way, getting C6 on a 5* character or R5 on a 5* weapon are both whale territory. You'd be looking at, on average, $1,000 to $1,200 to get both a new 5* to C6 and their weapon to R5.

To math it out quickly, every $100 gives you 8080 Primogems, which is 50 pulls. If luck isn't on your side, you need 90 pulls to hit character pity. Then you also need to win the 50/50 between getting the banner character or one of the standard 5*s in the pool. If you lose the 50/50, you need to pull again until you hit your next 5*, which if unlucky, will require you to do 90 more pulls to get back to pity.

So just one copy of a character alone could potentially cost someone $350-ish if you start at 0 pity before pulling, and are forced to do the full 180 pulls to get the limited character guaranteed (if you lose a 50/50 pull, you are guaranteed to get the banner character the next time you get a 5*).

Now let's assume absolute worst-case scenario and this happens for all 7 copies of the character. That would be $2,450 to get the character to Constellation 6. Now of course this is a very unlikely situation, because losing every 50/50 is very unlikely, and being forced to pull all the way to the 90 pity point each and every time isn't going to happen. Soft pity happens at 70 pulls and that increases your chances of a 5*, and the percentage of drawing a 5* goes up with every pull past 70 until you hit the 100% guarantee at 90. So most of the time you'd be hitting that 5* draw in the 70-89 range, with a few unfortunate times where you are forced to hit 90.

But yeah, chasing both C6 characters and R5 weapons is obviously not recommended unless you're crazy rich, or a Genshin content creator with a large enough viewer base where you pretty much make $1,000 for every $100 you spend whaling. The big Genshin streamers can afford to throw $5,000 at the game in one sitting because they're gonna make that money back and then some by the end of their stream most likely, haha.

As for me, I have not chased an R5 weapon yet (at least not a 5* one. Getting R5 on a 4* weapon just comes naturally after some time). I have chased C6 on a couple of characters, as I have mentioned before, and I'll probably end up doing it again at some point because I make enough money at the new job where I could afford to take the dive more often if I so choose. Which I might do for Hu Tao during her re-run, if the leaks are true and it's coming at the end of October.

tl;dr version: Constellations are extra perks you can unlock for characters by pulling additional copies of them (7 needed total) that usually provide massive buffs to a character. Can take an okay character and make them good, a good character and make them great, a great character and make them broken, and a broken character and make them gods.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice rundown of the constellations there, DL. Oh dang you might continue pulling on Raiden? I would be throwing the 11 Fates, 2,589 Primos I have, the 800 Crystals backup I currently have and buying the 3280 and 6480 top-up with their bonuses right this second to get more of her if I weren't saving up. XD That's how much I like her right now, frick. She's not even fully built up yet, actually none of my characters have max Talent on anything yet, but my team of Raiden, Ganyu, Mona/Yoimiya and Zhongli have been able to destroy some bosses/tanky enemies. Like the Pyro Hypostasis, once exposed I can drop it's health to nothing before it's protected again which I haven't been able to do before. Can't wait to finish building them up so I can deal with stuff even better (everything other than Constellations and R5'ing weapons). Oh yeah! Almost forgot but gave my Raiden the R2 Skyward Spine I have that wasn't on anyone that really needed it, and as it has Energy Recharge as the sub stat, no need to go fishing now. Maybe I'll get The Catch later for someone else but not desperate for it anymore.

Kudos to getting 3500+ in the Hyakunin Ikki, you kept them all the same each time then, since you could switch out if wanted to. Maybe you would've done with the Diluc pair but sounded like he was good enough for filler before circling back to the start with Ganyu/Venti.

Finished the Archon Quest yesterday, yet to do Raiden's own story quest. Here's my thoughts.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice rundown of the constellations there, DL. Oh dang you might continue pulling on Raiden? I would be throwing the 11 Fates, 2,589 Primos I have, the 800 Crystals backup I currently have and buying the 3280 and 6480 top-up with their bonuses right this second to get more of her if I weren't saving up. XD That's how much I like her right now, frick. She's not even fully built up yet, actually none of my characters have max Talent on anything yet, but my team of Raiden, Ganyu, Mona/Yoimiya and Zhongli have been able to destroy some bosses/tanky enemies. Like the Pyro Hypostasis, once exposed I can drop it's health to nothing before it's protected again which I haven't been able to do before. Can't wait to finish building them up so I can deal with stuff even better (everything other than Constellations and R5'ing weapons). Oh yeah! Almost forgot but gave my Raiden the R2 Skyward Spine I have that wasn't on anyone that really needed it, and as it has Energy Recharge as the sub stat, no need to go fishing now. Maybe I'll get The Catch later for someone else but not desperate for it anymore.

Kudos to getting 3500+ in the Hyakunin Ikki, you kept them all the same each time then, since you could switch out if wanted to. Maybe you would've done with the Diluc pair but sounded like he was good enough for filler before circling back to the start with Ganyu/Venti.

Finished the Archon Quest yesterday, yet to do Raiden's own story quest. Here's my thoughts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | Demo Arrives on March 29 Moonface 28 3,778 Yesterday, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Moonface