Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 5,577
Winston (NFT) Donkey Kong (NFT) Ai Ai (NFT) 
Apparently Great Claws isn't even a weapon and was an error in the survey, yet those 8 people still voted for it, perhaps thinking it was a different type of Claw weapon, but all of them must just fall under the Claw category only.

As I've pretty much dropped Elden Ring for now, my own opinions for a survey won't mean much so no point saying what I'd except for my starting class was Hero and I was prioritising Vigor a bit more than the other stats, but was planning on building Strength more which would've taken over Vigor eventually. Tree Sentinel getting so high on the "Enemies that left the strongest impressions" isn't too surprising, as it was probably the first time players of Souls voting that.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Winston (NFT) Donkey Kong (NFT) Ai Ai (NFT) 
XP: 5,577
Apparently Great Claws isn't even a weapon and was an error in the survey, yet those 8 people still voted for it, perhaps thinking it was a different type of Claw weapon, but all of them must just fall under the Claw category only.

As I've pretty much dropped Elden Ring for now, my own opinions for a survey won't mean much so no point saying what I'd except for my starting class was Hero and I was prioritising Vigor a bit more than the other stats, but was planning on building Strength more which would've taken over Vigor eventually. Tree Sentinel getting so high on the "Enemies that left the strongest impressions" isn't too surprising, as it was probably the first time players of Souls voting that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) | Binding of Isaac (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 10,008
Agent 9 (NFT) Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Minecraft 
(May 20th, 2022, 04:41 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's crazy that barely over half the surveyed folk did not give a shit about the music. There are some really good tracks in that game, and it's a shame people are half and half on it.
I can't say I'm surprised on this one. I don't think the Souls games I've played had bad music, but I can't remember a single track because I just never really notice it during gameplay. I'm focusing so hard on what the boss is doing so as to avoid attacks and take advantage of openings that the music just fades away for me. The only time I've ever really noticed how good the music can be is when I'm watching someone else play a Souls game on stream and so I can pay attention to things other than movements, such as character appearances and music. So it might not be a case of people voting music low because they think it's bad but they are just some in the same boat as me where they just don't really notice it enough to remember what it actually sounds like. Shrug

(May 20th, 2022, 04:51 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Ah, so then Fists would fall as the true lowest weapon type then, but at least the gap between those and the other lower ranking weapons isn't as great as the one seen on the mistaken Great Claws. I'm not surprised most of the really up-close weapons ranked low; I tried some fist based weapons in Demon's Souls and just hated having to be practically up an enemies arsehole to land a hit, especially on enemies that have an AoE style attack. x.x

Do you think you'll try out another game in the Souls series instead or has Elden Ring turned you off enough for the time being to just leave the genre alone for a bit?

I'm personally still excited to get this game one day but mostly because of the exploration aspect. I love that about BotW so I expect to love it in this game; I just hope I don't come across anything that sullies the experience like others here have had.
[Image: FragrantSorrowfulLeafbird-size_restricted.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) | Binding of Isaac (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
Agent 9 (NFT) Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Minecraft 
XP: 10,008
(May 20th, 2022, 04:41 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's crazy that barely over half the surveyed folk did not give a shit about the music. There are some really good tracks in that game, and it's a shame people are half and half on it.
I can't say I'm surprised on this one. I don't think the Souls games I've played had bad music, but I can't remember a single track because I just never really notice it during gameplay. I'm focusing so hard on what the boss is doing so as to avoid attacks and take advantage of openings that the music just fades away for me. The only time I've ever really noticed how good the music can be is when I'm watching someone else play a Souls game on stream and so I can pay attention to things other than movements, such as character appearances and music. So it might not be a case of people voting music low because they think it's bad but they are just some in the same boat as me where they just don't really notice it enough to remember what it actually sounds like. Shrug

(May 20th, 2022, 04:51 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Ah, so then Fists would fall as the true lowest weapon type then, but at least the gap between those and the other lower ranking weapons isn't as great as the one seen on the mistaken Great Claws. I'm not surprised most of the really up-close weapons ranked low; I tried some fist based weapons in Demon's Souls and just hated having to be practically up an enemies arsehole to land a hit, especially on enemies that have an AoE style attack. x.x

Do you think you'll try out another game in the Souls series instead or has Elden Ring turned you off enough for the time being to just leave the genre alone for a bit?

I'm personally still excited to get this game one day but mostly because of the exploration aspect. I love that about BotW so I expect to love it in this game; I just hope I don't come across anything that sullies the experience like others here have had.