Storing Your Games?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Interestingly I think this question has never been asked on this forum before in any of its iterations. Tongue

So yeah, where do/did you store your games? I figure maybe some people have more digital stuff nowadays hence the did, or like me you've maybe changed where you've kept your physical games throughout the years.

Currently all my physical games are kept in a separate room that's designed for showing off all mine and @ShiraNoMai's gaming stuff, with all the PlayStation games in one shelving unit and the Nintendo games in another.
When I lived with my parents my games basically all stayed on a single shelving unit in my bedroom for as long as I can remember, but there was a time during the PS1 era where to save space my mum took all my games out of their cases and put the discs and booklets into one of those old CD binders I'm sure everyone remembers growing up. Didn't mind it at the time but it sucks now because I wanted to display them in my room with my other games but couldn't without buying a ton of empty jewel cases for them. Some of the discs also got scratched a little being in that binder because they're not really well suited to keeping things pristine. Eh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Interestingly I think this question has never been asked on this forum before in any of its iterations. Tongue

So yeah, where do/did you store your games? I figure maybe some people have more digital stuff nowadays hence the did, or like me you've maybe changed where you've kept your physical games throughout the years.

Currently all my physical games are kept in a separate room that's designed for showing off all mine and @ShiraNoMai's gaming stuff, with all the PlayStation games in one shelving unit and the Nintendo games in another.
When I lived with my parents my games basically all stayed on a single shelving unit in my bedroom for as long as I can remember, but there was a time during the PS1 era where to save space my mum took all my games out of their cases and put the discs and booklets into one of those old CD binders I'm sure everyone remembers growing up. Didn't mind it at the time but it sucks now because I wanted to display them in my room with my other games but couldn't without buying a ton of empty jewel cases for them. Some of the discs also got scratched a little being in that binder because they're not really well suited to keeping things pristine. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Literally can't remember what I did with my games when I was young, I think most of them PlayStation related stayed in my brother's room as that's where our PS1/PS2 and early PS3 consoles were used. When I started to branch out into Nintendo with GBA and GC I believe was still sharing a bedroom with my brother with a bunk bed...no....perhaps just during GBA period before I got GC then moved back into my old small room I'm still in today.

Anyway, on to the past 15 or so years now. GBA boxes were in a drawer and still are, but got a travel waist bag (that's never been used as a waist bag) that was specifically designed to hold the GBA console in one section, then two other sections that I keep all my cartridges in. The PS1 & PS2 games I own in their cases go in my three-tiered TV stand along with my PS3, DS & 3DS cases but the two formers are further back so I can get to the other three easier if I happen to want to play them. Actually that's only true for the PS3 games as my DS and 3DS cartridges are separately in two containers, one just straight up holds only cartridges (18/24 filled) and the other is a travel pack that can hold my 3DS as well (10/12 slots filled). DS console is in a separate case that can't hold any cartridges.

My GC games & cases plus PC games and cases are in a DVD holder stand thing (have one for CDs too). My Wii games are in their own stand (half full with them) plus some excess PS4 games that just about fit in the slots left over for room, while my other PS4 games are in their own stand. I have kept some PS3 discs in a small binder for easy access, which also holds some music CDs too.

However currently everything that was in the third tier of my tv stand currently reside in a plastic box while waiting for my room to be decorated, with everything else from my room in our spare room. I may change things around though once that room is ready.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Literally can't remember what I did with my games when I was young, I think most of them PlayStation related stayed in my brother's room as that's where our PS1/PS2 and early PS3 consoles were used. When I started to branch out into Nintendo with GBA and GC I believe was still sharing a bedroom with my brother with a bunk bed...no....perhaps just during GBA period before I got GC then moved back into my old small room I'm still in today.

Anyway, on to the past 15 or so years now. GBA boxes were in a drawer and still are, but got a travel waist bag (that's never been used as a waist bag) that was specifically designed to hold the GBA console in one section, then two other sections that I keep all my cartridges in. The PS1 & PS2 games I own in their cases go in my three-tiered TV stand along with my PS3, DS & 3DS cases but the two formers are further back so I can get to the other three easier if I happen to want to play them. Actually that's only true for the PS3 games as my DS and 3DS cartridges are separately in two containers, one just straight up holds only cartridges (18/24 filled) and the other is a travel pack that can hold my 3DS as well (10/12 slots filled). DS console is in a separate case that can't hold any cartridges.

My GC games & cases plus PC games and cases are in a DVD holder stand thing (have one for CDs too). My Wii games are in their own stand (half full with them) plus some excess PS4 games that just about fit in the slots left over for room, while my other PS4 games are in their own stand. I have kept some PS3 discs in a small binder for easy access, which also holds some music CDs too.

However currently everything that was in the third tier of my tv stand currently reside in a plastic box while waiting for my room to be decorated, with everything else from my room in our spare room. I may change things around though once that room is ready.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2023, 09:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
A little unrelated but I'm curious what your current room was used for since I figure your sister has always had her room, and you likely shared your brothers old room with him?
I'm also surprised you haven't considered storing the empty game cases you have somewhere that doesn't take up space in your bedroom given how limited space is in there to begin with.

I've been trying to remember where I kept my PS2 games as a kid since those never left their cases like the PS1 games did, but I really can't remember. I know they wouldn't have been in my room because the PS2 was downstairs in the dining room, but I know the games wouldn't have been stored anywhere in that room. I guess they went somewhere in the living room but I have no idea where or how. Unsure

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2023, 09:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
A little unrelated but I'm curious what your current room was used for since I figure your sister has always had her room, and you likely shared your brothers old room with him?
I'm also surprised you haven't considered storing the empty game cases you have somewhere that doesn't take up space in your bedroom given how limited space is in there to begin with.

I've been trying to remember where I kept my PS2 games as a kid since those never left their cases like the PS1 games did, but I really can't remember. I know they wouldn't have been in my room because the PS2 was downstairs in the dining room, but I know the games wouldn't have been stored anywhere in that room. I guess they went somewhere in the living room but I have no idea where or how. Unsure
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Before I even had the room as a young kid it was used as an office, then my room, then I assume a storage room but I was too young to care what was in there so didn't really pay attention to what was actually stored, probably my dad's trains and such, then back my room.

I didn't really get a chance to consider what to do with stuff like cases until recently since there were three of us having a room. My bro moved out, sister got dibs and I was fine with it with her being older and knowing how limited her old room was. Then that old room was used for temporary storage for the people who passed away, namely my uncle (mum's brother) of his music collection and my aunt's (dad's sister) clothes that my mum and sister agreed to sort out. So whatever, then eventually those were cleared and then plans for the rooms to be decorated as they really needed it was made. I'm now thinking I will use that room for storage (sister's old room) purely because a bed is actually worse in there than mine, plus possibly my tv and such in there too but not my laptops, they'll stay in my bedroom but can be moved arounf if needed. Although not finalised yet, but that's my plan at the moment. Also got to beat my sister moving bookcases in there which would be fine if there's space for any but only after I've sorted everything. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Before I even had the room as a young kid it was used as an office, then my room, then I assume a storage room but I was too young to care what was in there so didn't really pay attention to what was actually stored, probably my dad's trains and such, then back my room.

I didn't really get a chance to consider what to do with stuff like cases until recently since there were three of us having a room. My bro moved out, sister got dibs and I was fine with it with her being older and knowing how limited her old room was. Then that old room was used for temporary storage for the people who passed away, namely my uncle (mum's brother) of his music collection and my aunt's (dad's sister) clothes that my mum and sister agreed to sort out. So whatever, then eventually those were cleared and then plans for the rooms to be decorated as they really needed it was made. I'm now thinking I will use that room for storage (sister's old room) purely because a bed is actually worse in there than mine, plus possibly my tv and such in there too but not my laptops, they'll stay in my bedroom but can be moved arounf if needed. Although not finalised yet, but that's my plan at the moment. Also got to beat my sister moving bookcases in there which would be fine if there's space for any but only after I've sorted everything. XD
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,812
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My games are literally stored all over the place, because I have so many of them that I can't fit them all any where. So I just have stacks of PS4/PS5 games in several spots around my room, as well as my four drawer cabinet full of them.

Literally have a stack of 45 games next to my computer tower because I have no where else to put them at the moment, and that's not including all of the games I still have in boxes that I haven't opened yet.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,812 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My games are literally stored all over the place, because I have so many of them that I can't fit them all any where. So I just have stacks of PS4/PS5 games in several spots around my room, as well as my four drawer cabinet full of them.

Literally have a stack of 45 games next to my computer tower because I have no where else to put them at the moment, and that's not including all of the games I still have in boxes that I haven't opened yet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 25th, 2023, 07:07 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

For yourself and others in similar situations as you when it comes to current storage options/methods, what would your ideal storage solution be for your games?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

For yourself and others in similar situations as you when it comes to current storage options/methods, what would your ideal storage solution be for your games?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm actually in the same storage situation but all of my PlayStation titles are in a huge storage shelf stacked two rows high. My switch games are under the tv where I can see them lined up and I'll need to add another row pretty soon. XD Maybe if we ever do move again, I'll try organizing them. Probably using spaced out caddies so I can store the many games I have in better ways than just a stacks of them.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm actually in the same storage situation but all of my PlayStation titles are in a huge storage shelf stacked two rows high. My switch games are under the tv where I can see them lined up and I'll need to add another row pretty soon. XD Maybe if we ever do move again, I'll try organizing them. Probably using spaced out caddies so I can store the many games I have in better ways than just a stacks of them.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,812
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Nov 6th, 2023, 01:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I haven't decided on what I want to do about it. I can either get more drawer things to put them in, or I can invest in a huge ass bookcase/shelving to display all of my games on. Biggest issue I have is that while my room is fairly large, it also has a crap layout. On one wall, I have two closets and the heater/AC vent, which means I can't put anything against that wall at all and it SUCKS. My window is right smack dab in the middle of the outside wall, and one of the closets is at the spot where that wall meets with the wall mentioned above, which means I can't put anything on the wall between the window and that closet (if I want to be able to access it). My third wall has my door right in the middle of it as well, and then that goes and connects to the wall where the second closet is, which makes it so I can't put anything between where my door is and my closet is.

This leaves me with one free wall, and... maybe three feet of wall from my window and door to the corner connecting to my free wall. Now with all that in mind, I have to fit a computer desk + the bells and whistles, a TV stand with a 50'' TV on it, and my bed, plus attempting to find room for storage options like bookshelves and drawers and such. It's extremely difficult in such a limited space. Oh yeah, my room is also full of boxes and totes storing all of my Limited Edition goodies that I've collected over the last 10 years, and I'm too protective of that stuff to throw it into a storage unit some where, so that's taking up a lot more room. Basically I need a second room, so I can have a game room, and a bedroom, but there's no extra rooms in this house for that. Sure, I could just finally say fuck it, I'm getting my own place, but then that would eat into my funds more and since I have no interest in being in a relationship at all, I don't really need my own place, so it seems pointless to spend more money on housing than I need to.

Long story short: I could fix the issue, but I just don't want to spend the money to do so (especially with how expensive even just renting a small apartment is becoming).
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,812 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Nov 6th, 2023, 01:38 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I haven't decided on what I want to do about it. I can either get more drawer things to put them in, or I can invest in a huge ass bookcase/shelving to display all of my games on. Biggest issue I have is that while my room is fairly large, it also has a crap layout. On one wall, I have two closets and the heater/AC vent, which means I can't put anything against that wall at all and it SUCKS. My window is right smack dab in the middle of the outside wall, and one of the closets is at the spot where that wall meets with the wall mentioned above, which means I can't put anything on the wall between the window and that closet (if I want to be able to access it). My third wall has my door right in the middle of it as well, and then that goes and connects to the wall where the second closet is, which makes it so I can't put anything between where my door is and my closet is.

This leaves me with one free wall, and... maybe three feet of wall from my window and door to the corner connecting to my free wall. Now with all that in mind, I have to fit a computer desk + the bells and whistles, a TV stand with a 50'' TV on it, and my bed, plus attempting to find room for storage options like bookshelves and drawers and such. It's extremely difficult in such a limited space. Oh yeah, my room is also full of boxes and totes storing all of my Limited Edition goodies that I've collected over the last 10 years, and I'm too protective of that stuff to throw it into a storage unit some where, so that's taking up a lot more room. Basically I need a second room, so I can have a game room, and a bedroom, but there's no extra rooms in this house for that. Sure, I could just finally say fuck it, I'm getting my own place, but then that would eat into my funds more and since I have no interest in being in a relationship at all, I don't really need my own place, so it seems pointless to spend more money on housing than I need to.

Long story short: I could fix the issue, but I just don't want to spend the money to do so (especially with how expensive even just renting a small apartment is becoming).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I have to admit, I misread the title as "Snorting your games". As though, in the future, we'll just snort games into our brains through our nose, instead of playing them on a PC or console Tongue .

But... all of my new games since 2011 have been digital, so it's only the older ones that need to be stored physically. And the few of them I still have are mostly on one shelf in the living room.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I have to admit, I misread the title as "Snorting your games". As though, in the future, we'll just snort games into our brains through our nose, instead of playing them on a PC or console Tongue .

But... all of my new games since 2011 have been digital, so it's only the older ones that need to be stored physically. And the few of them I still have are mostly on one shelf in the living room.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox to Bring Games to Other Systems Moonface 9 348 Feb 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Notable Games Will Be Lost With the 3DS/Wii U eShop Closure? Moonface 7 1,204 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:26 PM
  Will Games Go Above $70 Eventually? Moonface 5 1,091 May 6th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games? Moonface 33 9,573 Mar 3rd, 2023, 08:55 PM
  What If All PS4 Games Were Also On PC? Moonface 37 26,980 Jul 1st, 2021, 04:38 PM