Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

The next instalment in Insomniac Games' Spider-Man series has officially been announced, and judging by the trailer it looks like both Peter Parker and Miles Morales will be facing off against Venom!

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is currently scheduled for a 2023 release.

I'm really excited for this. I loved the first Spider-Man game but have yet to play Miles Morales, so at least I can get a fix of Spider-Man goodness while waiting for this to come out. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

The next instalment in Insomniac Games' Spider-Man series has officially been announced, and judging by the trailer it looks like both Peter Parker and Miles Morales will be facing off against Venom!

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is currently scheduled for a 2023 release.

I'm really excited for this. I loved the first Spider-Man game but have yet to play Miles Morales, so at least I can get a fix of Spider-Man goodness while waiting for this to come out. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Gameplay Reveal
We got our first look at gameplay footage from Marvel's Spider-Man 2 to close out today's PlayStation Showcase, showcasing new powers and the ability to play as both Peter Parker and Miles Morales:

As seen in the opening moments of the trailer, we're introduced to the games main villain who is known as Kraven the Hunter. His search for an equal has led him to New York, filled with a rogue’s gallery of villains and the Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales. The gameplay kicks off with Kraven’s Hunters, a new enemy faction, searching for Dr. Curt Connors, a.k.a. The Lizard, at his home across the East River in Queens, one of the all-new playable and explorable boroughs being introduced in this game.

Their search doesn't go too well though, as instead of finding Connor they're instead greeted by Peter Parker, and it's here we witness the introduction of the Black Suit, also known as the Symbiote. After demonstrating some of the new powers the Symbiote grants to Parker, he realizes he won't manage to reach Connor's actual location in time to stop Kraven. It's here that we see the perspective switch to Miles Morales over in Harlem, and from there things progressively kick into higher gears until culminating in a chase sequence along the East River, showcasing more of the new abilities available to both Spider-Men in this title.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will release in Fall 2023.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Gameplay Reveal
We got our first look at gameplay footage from Marvel's Spider-Man 2 to close out today's PlayStation Showcase, showcasing new powers and the ability to play as both Peter Parker and Miles Morales:

As seen in the opening moments of the trailer, we're introduced to the games main villain who is known as Kraven the Hunter. His search for an equal has led him to New York, filled with a rogue’s gallery of villains and the Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales. The gameplay kicks off with Kraven’s Hunters, a new enemy faction, searching for Dr. Curt Connors, a.k.a. The Lizard, at his home across the East River in Queens, one of the all-new playable and explorable boroughs being introduced in this game.

Their search doesn't go too well though, as instead of finding Connor they're instead greeted by Peter Parker, and it's here we witness the introduction of the Black Suit, also known as the Symbiote. After demonstrating some of the new powers the Symbiote grants to Parker, he realizes he won't manage to reach Connor's actual location in time to stop Kraven. It's here that we see the perspective switch to Miles Morales over in Harlem, and from there things progressively kick into higher gears until culminating in a chase sequence along the East River, showcasing more of the new abilities available to both Spider-Men in this title.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will release in Fall 2023.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I don't have a ps5 but that looks amazing. like seriously loved every bit of that gameplay trailer. Venom mechanics were great too and they weren't shy about showing how it affects him. Seemless transition from one character to another was seriously impressive too. That means loading a whole new part of the city instantly. This is why Sony kills it with the games they make.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I don't have a ps5 but that looks amazing. like seriously loved every bit of that gameplay trailer. Venom mechanics were great too and they weren't shy about showing how it affects him. Seemless transition from one character to another was seriously impressive too. That means loading a whole new part of the city instantly. This is why Sony kills it with the games they make.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've been spending all day thinking how they could better advertise this game and honestly couldn't come up with anything. I enjoyed watching Moony play the first iteration, but I gotta say, this trailer... well, I guess let's just say if you aren't a MCU/Marvel Comic fan, this was definitely a worse for wear watch. It was extremely long winded in its presentation of taking you from quicktime event to quicktime event, to the very particularly set-piecey action sequences that would only befit a comic book. But like, how else are they going to sell a sequel to the first game? We know the mechanics, we know the characters... justifying a sequel required this sort of popcorn-flick style of action to get someone invested.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've been spending all day thinking how they could better advertise this game and honestly couldn't come up with anything. I enjoyed watching Moony play the first iteration, but I gotta say, this trailer... well, I guess let's just say if you aren't a MCU/Marvel Comic fan, this was definitely a worse for wear watch. It was extremely long winded in its presentation of taking you from quicktime event to quicktime event, to the very particularly set-piecey action sequences that would only befit a comic book. But like, how else are they going to sell a sequel to the first game? We know the mechanics, we know the characters... justifying a sequel required this sort of popcorn-flick style of action to get someone invested.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, somehow my excitement for this game wasn't really heightened by the gameplay footage. I think it's because I don't know the villain and their motivation of just looking for new prey is incredibly dull as a premise, and the gameplay while having new things is just kinda what I'd expect anyway so there wasn't really much of a "woah" moment for me. The jump through the suspended subway car during the river chase was also incredibly jank too with how Spider-Man just snaps to it and I feel most players will just ignore going through it given how out of the way it is.

Character switching seems neat but I hope it doesn't mean there's just an even bigger amount of open world clutter to deal with and that character exclusive stuff is kept mainly to story missions.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, somehow my excitement for this game wasn't really heightened by the gameplay footage. I think it's because I don't know the villain and their motivation of just looking for new prey is incredibly dull as a premise, and the gameplay while having new things is just kinda what I'd expect anyway so there wasn't really much of a "woah" moment for me. The jump through the suspended subway car during the river chase was also incredibly jank too with how Spider-Man just snaps to it and I feel most players will just ignore going through it given how out of the way it is.

Character switching seems neat but I hope it doesn't mean there's just an even bigger amount of open world clutter to deal with and that character exclusive stuff is kept mainly to story missions.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Release Date and Special Editions Announced
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation, it was announced that Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will be released on October 20, 2023 for PlayStation 5.

Two new pieces of concept art were also shown during the presentation:

post over on the PlayStation Blog has provided details of the games special editions and pre-order bonuses, and are as follows:

Pre-Order Bonuses (any edition) | Image
  • Early unlock: Arachknight Suit for Peter with 3 additional color variants
  • Early unlock: Shadow Spider Suit for Miles with 3 additional color variants
  • Early unlock: Web Grabber gadget
  • 3 skill points
Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99 / £79.99/ €89.99/ ¥9,980) | Image
  • All pre-order bonuses
  • 5 unique suits for Peter: Tactical Suit, Aurantia Suit, 25th Century Suit, Stone Monkey Suit, Apunkalyptic Suit
  • 5 unique suits for Miles: Agimat Suit, Red Spectre Suit, Encoded Suit, Biomechanical Suit, Tokusatsu Suit
  • Additional Photo Mode frames and stickers
  • 2 skill points
Collector's Edition ($229.99 / £219.99/ €249.99/ ¥31,790) | Image
  • All pre-order bonuses
  • Voucher for all Digital Deluxe Edition content
  • Steelbook display case
  • Digital PS5 copy of the game
  • 19-inch statue featuring the Spider-Men battling fan-favorite Venom

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Release Date and Special Editions Announced
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation, it was announced that Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will be released on October 20, 2023 for PlayStation 5.

Two new pieces of concept art were also shown during the presentation:

post over on the PlayStation Blog has provided details of the games special editions and pre-order bonuses, and are as follows:

Pre-Order Bonuses (any edition) | Image
  • Early unlock: Arachknight Suit for Peter with 3 additional color variants
  • Early unlock: Shadow Spider Suit for Miles with 3 additional color variants
  • Early unlock: Web Grabber gadget
  • 3 skill points
Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99 / £79.99/ €89.99/ ¥9,980) | Image
  • All pre-order bonuses
  • 5 unique suits for Peter: Tactical Suit, Aurantia Suit, 25th Century Suit, Stone Monkey Suit, Apunkalyptic Suit
  • 5 unique suits for Miles: Agimat Suit, Red Spectre Suit, Encoded Suit, Biomechanical Suit, Tokusatsu Suit
  • Additional Photo Mode frames and stickers
  • 2 skill points
Collector's Edition ($229.99 / £219.99/ €249.99/ ¥31,790) | Image
  • All pre-order bonuses
  • Voucher for all Digital Deluxe Edition content
  • Steelbook display case
  • Digital PS5 copy of the game
  • 19-inch statue featuring the Spider-Men battling fan-favorite Venom
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Entertainment Weekly just put out an article giving a little preview of Insomniac's take on Venom for this game, ahead of the San Diego Comic Con panel that'll be taking place tomorrow which will apparently go into further details and probably give us a trailer or something: https://ew.com/events/comic-con/marvels-...tony-todd/

I haven't read the full article yet, but it does have this image at the top which I think is our first in-game look at Venom's design:

[Image: OkB7SSZ.png]

It looks pretty sick, even if I don't really know what Venom usually looks like from memory to make a comparison. I wonder what stuff we'll get tomorrow. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Entertainment Weekly just put out an article giving a little preview of Insomniac's take on Venom for this game, ahead of the San Diego Comic Con panel that'll be taking place tomorrow which will apparently go into further details and probably give us a trailer or something: https://ew.com/events/comic-con/marvels-...tony-todd/

I haven't read the full article yet, but it does have this image at the top which I think is our first in-game look at Venom's design:

[Image: OkB7SSZ.png]

It looks pretty sick, even if I don't really know what Venom usually looks like from memory to make a comparison. I wonder what stuff we'll get tomorrow. Grin
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Story Trailer
Here's a story trailer that was released recently. Check it out and give us your thoughts!

WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Story Trailer
Here's a story trailer that was released recently. Check it out and give us your thoughts!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@WR91: I moved your post from the other Spider-Man thread into this one since this thread is specifically for the game you were posting about. Wink

Just watched the trailer, and it may have been what I needed to start anticipating this game more. I got rather burned out on Marvel because of the amount of movies and shows coming out so frequently after Endgame which was making it hard for me to be as excited for this game as I would have been otherwise. I was already expecting Harry to end up with the Symbiote at some point in the game, but this trailer makes it very clear that's definitely happening. I'm just curious what's going to happen to any of the gameplay mechanics that are available to Peter when he has possession of the Symbiote, since once he loses it it won't make sense for him to still perform any of those abilities but it would suck to only have them for a limited time. I don't think Harry will have it first and then lose it to Peter who keeps it for the rest of the game, and I doubt Peter would lose it and then take it back considering it isn't a good thing to be in possession of, so I'm really curious how the gameplay is going to pan out for those abilities across the entire length of the game.

As well as the story trailer, there's also a PS5 bundle that has both the console and the controller themed around this game, which can be seen here on the PS Blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/20/...on-bundle/
For me the best news in that blog post is that the console covers are going to be sold standalone, so anyone who already owns a PS5 like myself won't have to miss out on the covers if they want them. Not sure if I'd get them since while I think they look sick, I have my PS5 laying horizontally on a shelf so not much of the design would be visible. But I suppose I could get them and still use them, plus I'm sure there'll come a day where I have my PS5 in a location that lets more of it be seen so I can see the covers fully if I have them on it then. Unsure if I'd get the DualSense either yet, but if I get the covers I'll definitely want the controller too so I can have it match the console when the covers are in use on it.
If I had one criticism about the console covers, it's that I really don't think the Spider-Man symbol needed to be on both covers. I'd rather the bottom cover either just be plain black or have a different symbol so that it looks different to the top cover.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@WR91: I moved your post from the other Spider-Man thread into this one since this thread is specifically for the game you were posting about. Wink

Just watched the trailer, and it may have been what I needed to start anticipating this game more. I got rather burned out on Marvel because of the amount of movies and shows coming out so frequently after Endgame which was making it hard for me to be as excited for this game as I would have been otherwise. I was already expecting Harry to end up with the Symbiote at some point in the game, but this trailer makes it very clear that's definitely happening. I'm just curious what's going to happen to any of the gameplay mechanics that are available to Peter when he has possession of the Symbiote, since once he loses it it won't make sense for him to still perform any of those abilities but it would suck to only have them for a limited time. I don't think Harry will have it first and then lose it to Peter who keeps it for the rest of the game, and I doubt Peter would lose it and then take it back considering it isn't a good thing to be in possession of, so I'm really curious how the gameplay is going to pan out for those abilities across the entire length of the game.

As well as the story trailer, there's also a PS5 bundle that has both the console and the controller themed around this game, which can be seen here on the PS Blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/20/...on-bundle/
For me the best news in that blog post is that the console covers are going to be sold standalone, so anyone who already owns a PS5 like myself won't have to miss out on the covers if they want them. Not sure if I'd get them since while I think they look sick, I have my PS5 laying horizontally on a shelf so not much of the design would be visible. But I suppose I could get them and still use them, plus I'm sure there'll come a day where I have my PS5 in a location that lets more of it be seen so I can see the covers fully if I have them on it then. Unsure if I'd get the DualSense either yet, but if I get the covers I'll definitely want the controller too so I can have it match the console when the covers are in use on it.
If I had one criticism about the console covers, it's that I really don't think the Spider-Man symbol needed to be on both covers. I'd rather the bottom cover either just be plain black or have a different symbol so that it looks different to the top cover.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forgot they had completely redone Peter's facial model for the game after the remaster cuz people thought it didn't match Yuri Lowenthal's voice. Something to get used to, I suppose.

I'm also unsure what they'll do between the Symbiote's corrosion thing. It definitely seems like that's the central conflict of the game so they'll probably handle it accordingly to help pace the game out. It'll be interesting seeing Peter's "emo phase" play out in this, cuz I imagine Yuri is going to be pulling out his Sasuke card to get the angst and serious attitude out. LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forgot they had completely redone Peter's facial model for the game after the remaster cuz people thought it didn't match Yuri Lowenthal's voice. Something to get used to, I suppose.

I'm also unsure what they'll do between the Symbiote's corrosion thing. It definitely seems like that's the central conflict of the game so they'll probably handle it accordingly to help pace the game out. It'll be interesting seeing Peter's "emo phase" play out in this, cuz I imagine Yuri is going to be pulling out his Sasuke card to get the angst and serious attitude out. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Overworld Overview Trailer
A new trailer during today's State of Play gave us a deeper look at the overworld for Marvel's Spider-Man 2, featuring a world that is twice the size of the first game and much more.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 | Overworld Overview Trailer
A new trailer during today's State of Play gave us a deeper look at the overworld for Marvel's Spider-Man 2, featuring a world that is twice the size of the first game and much more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spider-Man (Series) WR91 2 2,578 Oct 1st, 2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Spider-Man: Miles Morales Moonface 2 2,694 Sep 28th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Spider-Man Metallix 33 25,431 Jan 2nd, 2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Moonface