Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I might consider buying a game if it's digital only and on sale but nothing really comes to mind that I'd want to get. PS+ would be worth it but there's no games I have that would make use of it and I doubt I can buy it but not activate it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I might consider buying a game if it's digital only and on sale but nothing really comes to mind that I'd want to get. PS+ would be worth it but there's no games I have that would make use of it and I doubt I can buy it but not activate it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam Summer Sale 2023 | June 29 - July 13
I felt a great disturbance amongst the Gamers, as if millions of wallets suddenly cried out in terror...
Unless you're like me and rarely buy a game during the Steam Summer Sales. Tongue

So yeah, the sale starts in three days from now. I might consider getting BallisticNG since it is the only game in my wishlist but I won't be surprised if I end up letting the sale pass me by like always. LOL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam Summer Sale 2023 | June 29 - July 13
I felt a great disturbance amongst the Gamers, as if millions of wallets suddenly cried out in terror...
Unless you're like me and rarely buy a game during the Steam Summer Sales. Tongue

So yeah, the sale starts in three days from now. I might consider getting BallisticNG since it is the only game in my wishlist but I won't be surprised if I end up letting the sale pass me by like always. LOL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm a bit strapped for cash after not realizing that Square Enix was going to charge me the $200 for the Collector's Edition of Star Ocean 2 R right away and not when it was starting to be processed to ship (kek) so I may not be able to dip too much on this year's summer sale... but I'll see what is available. There might be some games on my wish list that get put down to the $5-$10 range and I could squeeze a few of those in with no problem. There just won't be any $300+ splurges for me this time around, haha.

I see that one game on my wish list (Dark Deity) is already on sale for $6.24 (normal $24.99) so that will probably be one I snatch up here, since I don't imagine it'll go down any more than that in the summer sale.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm a bit strapped for cash after not realizing that Square Enix was going to charge me the $200 for the Collector's Edition of Star Ocean 2 R right away and not when it was starting to be processed to ship (kek) so I may not be able to dip too much on this year's summer sale... but I'll see what is available. There might be some games on my wish list that get put down to the $5-$10 range and I could squeeze a few of those in with no problem. There just won't be any $300+ splurges for me this time around, haha.

I see that one game on my wish list (Dark Deity) is already on sale for $6.24 (normal $24.99) so that will probably be one I snatch up here, since I don't imagine it'll go down any more than that in the summer sale.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think I'm only really interested seeing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters discounted at this point.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think I'm only really interested seeing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters discounted at this point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder whether I should consider getting Ender Lilies now or during the sale for PC or get it for console instead. I just saw it's currently 50% off on Steam right now even though the Steam Sale doesn't start until tomorrow. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder whether I should consider getting Ender Lilies now or during the sale for PC or get it for console instead. I just saw it's currently 50% off on Steam right now even though the Steam Sale doesn't start until tomorrow. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Does it not have a sale ends date on it? Usually sales that exist already tend to roll over into the main sale event. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Does it not have a sale ends date on it? Usually sales that exist already tend to roll over into the main sale event. Unsure
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 29th, 2023, 03:49 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh, you're right. I forgot about that because it's been so long since I looked at a game on Steam that's on sale; it ends July 13. Guess that gives me a little time to figure out if I wanna get it and on that particular platform.

BallisticNG is only $3 off really to make it about $10 in total which isn't a great sale but also that's not a bad price for it. That one I definitely wanna pick up to scratch that WipEout itch that Sony certainly isn't going to scratch anymore.

Thinking of it, this sale would probably be a good time to look into any games to get that work with Archipelago. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 29th, 2023, 03:49 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh, you're right. I forgot about that because it's been so long since I looked at a game on Steam that's on sale; it ends July 13. Guess that gives me a little time to figure out if I wanna get it and on that particular platform.

BallisticNG is only $3 off really to make it about $10 in total which isn't a great sale but also that's not a bad price for it. That one I definitely wanna pick up to scratch that WipEout itch that Sony certainly isn't going to scratch anymore.

Thinking of it, this sale would probably be a good time to look into any games to get that work with Archipelago. Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm probably going to pick up Dark Souls Remastered on payday next week since it's only $20 and it'll finally end my journey to 100% Dark Souls for the fifth and final time (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Steam (both the original Prepare to Die Edition and Remastered)... at least until they release a PS5 remaster of the remaster and I'll have to get the platinum a third time!

Sadly that'll probably be the only thing I buy from the Steam sale... maybe I'll pick up Dark Souls II since it's also $20 and I need to 100% both the vanilla version and the Scholar of the First Sin version of Steam.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm probably going to pick up Dark Souls Remastered on payday next week since it's only $20 and it'll finally end my journey to 100% Dark Souls for the fifth and final time (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Steam (both the original Prepare to Die Edition and Remastered)... at least until they release a PS5 remaster of the remaster and I'll have to get the platinum a third time!

Sadly that'll probably be the only thing I buy from the Steam sale... maybe I'll pick up Dark Souls II since it's also $20 and I need to 100% both the vanilla version and the Scholar of the First Sin version of Steam.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Yakuza 0 through 6 is on sale as a bundle for $35 👀 I really want to buy it because although most are on Gamepass, these are long games and they frequently get taken off. I'd rather just own them at this point.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Yakuza 0 through 6 is on sale as a bundle for $35 👀 I really want to buy it because although most are on Gamepass, these are long games and they frequently get taken off. I'd rather just own them at this point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 5th, 2023, 02:51 AM)Eric Wrote:
Definitely worth it, even if just to have the ability to replay them at a later time when they'll likely be definitely off Game Pass. I should really look more into whether that series is something I'd enjoy or not since I have been curious about it for a while now based on the bits and pieces I've seen of various games.

@Dragon Lord: I never realized those two versions of Dark Souls 2 are actually different and not just the same games but one comes with the DLC bundled in it (basically like how games get GotY editions). Seems weird to know one of the Souls games has two different versions of itself given the genre is all about "die and try until you beat what you get given to you". Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Definitely worth it, even if just to have the ability to replay them at a later time when they'll likely be definitely off Game Pass. I should really look more into whether that series is something I'd enjoy or not since I have been curious about it for a while now based on the bits and pieces I've seen of various games.

@Dragon Lord: I never realized those two versions of Dark Souls 2 are actually different and not just the same games but one comes with the DLC bundled in it (basically like how games get GotY editions). Seems weird to know one of the Souls games has two different versions of itself given the genre is all about "die and try until you beat what you get given to you". Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jul 6th, 2023, 01:35 AM)Moonface Wrote:

It is the same game. The only difference between Vanilla and Scholar of the First Sin is that they changed a lot of the enemy placements (and added some new enemies to areas they weren't in before), item placements and some other things in the game when they made Scholar. Added a new "secret" final boss with a new ending. So it's the same game, but just has changes to make it slightly different. I actually prefer Scholar more because they moved the shield that has the stamina regen buff on it to a much earlier point in the game. In vanilla, they have it locked behind a very late-game place and it never made sense. They also made it much easier to get one of my absolute favorite armor sets. In OG DaS2, the only enemy that dropped the set would only spawn during a certain boss fight, there was only two of them, and it had to be the NG+ or beyond boss fight. As you can probably imagine, that made getting the set very annoying. They thankfully fixed that in Scholar by putting a few of that enemy type in the area as normal enemies.

For anyone, I'd recommend just playing Scholar if you want to play Dark Souls II. I gotta 100% both of them on Steam though, to complete my quest of 100% every Dark Souls game on every possible platform that matters.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

It is the same game. The only difference between Vanilla and Scholar of the First Sin is that they changed a lot of the enemy placements (and added some new enemies to areas they weren't in before), item placements and some other things in the game when they made Scholar. Added a new "secret" final boss with a new ending. So it's the same game, but just has changes to make it slightly different. I actually prefer Scholar more because they moved the shield that has the stamina regen buff on it to a much earlier point in the game. In vanilla, they have it locked behind a very late-game place and it never made sense. They also made it much easier to get one of my absolute favorite armor sets. In OG DaS2, the only enemy that dropped the set would only spawn during a certain boss fight, there was only two of them, and it had to be the NG+ or beyond boss fight. As you can probably imagine, that made getting the set very annoying. They thankfully fixed that in Scholar by putting a few of that enemy type in the area as normal enemies.

For anyone, I'd recommend just playing Scholar if you want to play Dark Souls II. I gotta 100% both of them on Steam though, to complete my quest of 100% every Dark Souls game on every possible platform that matters.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 

I caved and bought it! I highly recommend Yakuza. I wish I could figure out a way to record the opening sequence to Yakuza Kiwama 2 so I may show you how gloriously stupid it is. Like, good stupid. I love it. It's like watching B-movie-level of camp, but with amazing side content and stories. The main story twists and turns to the point where any theories you may have about where it's going can be thrown out the window five times over within a minute lol. The town feels the second main character as you get to see how it changes across the games and how alive it feels.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 

I caved and bought it! I highly recommend Yakuza. I wish I could figure out a way to record the opening sequence to Yakuza Kiwama 2 so I may show you how gloriously stupid it is. Like, good stupid. I love it. It's like watching B-movie-level of camp, but with amazing side content and stories. The main story twists and turns to the point where any theories you may have about where it's going can be thrown out the window five times over within a minute lol. The town feels the second main character as you get to see how it changes across the games and how alive it feels.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2023, 07:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I suspect one day I might just go through the Dark Souls trilogy entirely since they are the only games in the Souls genre by FromSoft that I haven't played at all now. I guess I need to keep an eye out for any sales of the games on PS5 unless they're just all cheap due to age nowadays.

(Jul 8th, 2023, 08:20 AM)Eric Wrote:
I caved and bought it! I highly recommend Yakuza. I wish I could figure out a way to record the opening sequence to Yakuza Kiwama 2 so I may show you how gloriously stupid it is. Like, good stupid. I love it.
Well I'm sure someone has the opening on YouTube for me to look at. Tongue

So for anyone looking for a deal on official controllers, I just discovered the Xbox Wireless Controller is currently $47 instead of $60 on the Microsoft store: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/c...controller
I went on there just to find out if the controller has a microphone built in like the PS5 controller or not for a post in the Phasmo thread and wasn't expecting to see a sale on it. XD
EDIT: Turns out the Elite controller is also on a sale: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/c...ies-2-core

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2023, 07:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I suspect one day I might just go through the Dark Souls trilogy entirely since they are the only games in the Souls genre by FromSoft that I haven't played at all now. I guess I need to keep an eye out for any sales of the games on PS5 unless they're just all cheap due to age nowadays.

(Jul 8th, 2023, 08:20 AM)Eric Wrote:
I caved and bought it! I highly recommend Yakuza. I wish I could figure out a way to record the opening sequence to Yakuza Kiwama 2 so I may show you how gloriously stupid it is. Like, good stupid. I love it.
Well I'm sure someone has the opening on YouTube for me to look at. Tongue

So for anyone looking for a deal on official controllers, I just discovered the Xbox Wireless Controller is currently $47 instead of $60 on the Microsoft store: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/c...controller
I went on there just to find out if the controller has a microphone built in like the PS5 controller or not for a post in the Phasmo thread and wasn't expecting to see a sale on it. XD
EDIT: Turns out the Elite controller is also on a sale: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/c...ies-2-core
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that Target is going to be doing a sale on the actual PS5 console starting tomorrow with the price dropping to $450. DualSense controllers will also go down to $50 and select PS5 games will also be on sale. The sale runs until August 12: https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps5-goi...ng-sunday/

I don't think I've ever seen a console go on a sale at a retailer randomly like this before but I'm probably just forgetting countless examples of it. I'm definitely gonna check out the game lineup at least to see if anything I want I didn't buy yet gets a good discount. Doubt I'll grab a controller though since I don't really need to get another right now and would rather put the money towards a game or just something else.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that Target is going to be doing a sale on the actual PS5 console starting tomorrow with the price dropping to $450. DualSense controllers will also go down to $50 and select PS5 games will also be on sale. The sale runs until August 12: https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps5-goi...ng-sunday/

I don't think I've ever seen a console go on a sale at a retailer randomly like this before but I'm probably just forgetting countless examples of it. I'm definitely gonna check out the game lineup at least to see if anything I want I didn't buy yet gets a good discount. Doubt I'll grab a controller though since I don't really need to get another right now and would rather put the money towards a game or just something else.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Miles Morales Spiderman is $20, which is neat. If we feel like getting the Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy bundle, that's also $20. Otherwise, not much else for us Shrug

Here's the list: https://www.target.com/pl/319096133?mark...9365979355
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Miles Morales Spiderman is $20, which is neat. If we feel like getting the Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy bundle, that's also $20. Otherwise, not much else for us Shrug

Here's the list: https://www.target.com/pl/319096133?mark...9365979355

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 786 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,925 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface