Poll: Which Villainous Team is Your Favorite in Pokemon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rocket
62.50%
5 62.50%
Aqua
0%
0 0%
Magma
0%
0 0%
Galactic
0%
0 0%
Plasma
25.00%
2 25.00%
Flare
0%
0 0%
Skull
12.50%
1 12.50%
Rainbow Rocket
0%
0 0%
Yell
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which Villainous Team is Your Favorite in Pokemon?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Galactic. Plasma. Flare. Skull. Rainbow Rocket. Yell.

Long ago, the nine regions of the Pokemon world worked together in harmony. Then, everything changed when one of the villainous teams attacked. Only Ash Ketchum the protagonist, master of all the Pokemon, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he saved and turned the game off. Shock

Couldn't resist. ROFL
Anyway, there are nine main villainous teams in the Pokemon series, although there are others if you count spin-offs and such, but which one is your favorite? Is there one you actually really disliked?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Galactic. Plasma. Flare. Skull. Rainbow Rocket. Yell.

Long ago, the nine regions of the Pokemon world worked together in harmony. Then, everything changed when one of the villainous teams attacked. Only Ash Ketchum the protagonist, master of all the Pokemon, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he saved and turned the game off. Shock

Couldn't resist. ROFL
Anyway, there are nine main villainous teams in the Pokemon series, although there are others if you count spin-offs and such, but which one is your favorite? Is there one you actually really disliked?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm going to have to go for the classic Team Rocket very simple but effective!

All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm going to have to go for the classic Team Rocket very simple but effective!

All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking through each teams backgrounds and motivations, I'm torn between Team Rocket and Team Plasma. In terms of villainous motives, my favourite is Team Rocket. A lot of the other teams are just about catching a legendary and using it to either make new land/sea/universe/world which is repetitive and too cliche for my liking, whereas Team Rocket is just about doing whatever heinous stuff they can find to further themselves as a criminal empire. Just the part of them selling Slowpoke tails elevates them in my book. XD
Plasma though have the most noble motives, what with the whole freeing Pokemon from trainers thing. I know there are other layers to it depending on the leader of the team, but their core motive isn't meant to elevate anybody and it also doesn't try to destroy A to create B like the other teams that try to create something new for the benefit of something.

Skull is definitely the worst team for me though. They're just pirates stealing money to survive, which is just too simple for my liking.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking through each teams backgrounds and motivations, I'm torn between Team Rocket and Team Plasma. In terms of villainous motives, my favourite is Team Rocket. A lot of the other teams are just about catching a legendary and using it to either make new land/sea/universe/world which is repetitive and too cliche for my liking, whereas Team Rocket is just about doing whatever heinous stuff they can find to further themselves as a criminal empire. Just the part of them selling Slowpoke tails elevates them in my book. XD
Plasma though have the most noble motives, what with the whole freeing Pokemon from trainers thing. I know there are other layers to it depending on the leader of the team, but their core motive isn't meant to elevate anybody and it also doesn't try to destroy A to create B like the other teams that try to create something new for the benefit of something.

Skull is definitely the worst team for me though. They're just pirates stealing money to survive, which is just too simple for my liking.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Are you kidding? Skull is the best! They're literally so pathetic and unthreatening, the island's inhabitants don't even see them as such other than an annoyance ROFL Naw, but I do love how their stupid poses, vibe and stuff is all in good faith. It's like a school bully that tries to take lunch money but is ultimately ignored/sidelined by everyone.

Genuinely though, Plasma is the one with the most thought put into place, and I'm sad they've relegated teams to be just afterthoughts to include in the games because they've decided to villainize other characters instead.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Are you kidding? Skull is the best! They're literally so pathetic and unthreatening, the island's inhabitants don't even see them as such other than an annoyance ROFL Naw, but I do love how their stupid poses, vibe and stuff is all in good faith. It's like a school bully that tries to take lunch money but is ultimately ignored/sidelined by everyone.

Genuinely though, Plasma is the one with the most thought put into place, and I'm sad they've relegated teams to be just afterthoughts to include in the games because they've decided to villainize other characters instead.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Team Rocket was the only real choice for me. Loved them in the anime and in Yellow.

... Although I was pretty mad that the game made Meowth evolve. Why?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Team Rocket was the only real choice for me. Loved them in the anime and in Yellow.

... Although I was pretty mad that the game made Meowth evolve. Why?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Honestly, Rocket and Galactic are the only two I'm really familiar with Tongue .

But, I've voted for Team Rocket, because nostalgia.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,939 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Honestly, Rocket and Galactic are the only two I'm really familiar with Tongue .

But, I've voted for Team Rocket, because nostalgia.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'll go with Team Rocket solely because I think Giovanni is a more interesting boss than any of the other team's bosses. Maybe it's the Italian name, but he feels like a guy you don't miss with unless you want to end up sleeping with the Magikarps.

"You come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding, asking for a Pokemon battle..."
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'll go with Team Rocket solely because I think Giovanni is a more interesting boss than any of the other team's bosses. Maybe it's the Italian name, but he feels like a guy you don't miss with unless you want to end up sleeping with the Magikarps.

"You come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding, asking for a Pokemon battle..."
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It's between Rocket and Plasma for me as well. Team Rocket has been around the longest and has Giovanni as their leader, who always seemed the most threatening out of the others, although I am less familiar with most of them. Team Plasma were good, attempting to take Pokémon away from Trainers, having the mysterious N who turned out not to be the leader, and Ghetsis being more the traditional villain wanting power/Pokémon all to himself, which makes them a definite threat to everyone alike. I think because Team Rocket did more as an organisation than Plasma, were the main villains a lot more too, they take my vote in the end.

Team Yell I just absolutely disliked, what a bunch of obnoxious idiots. Never considered Marnie a part of their group so I don't include her in there as Team Yell was under Piers, her brother. Didn't mind himself that much though, but definitely nothing compared to the likes of Giovanni or Ghetsis of course. Team Skull sounds like they were similar at being annoying not in the same way as them obviously. XD

I'll probably regret it but what the heck is Rainbow Rocket? I doubt they were better than original Rocket, just never heard of them before.
EDIT: *after checking them out* Ah, I see past villain groups becoming one "Team", I see. But seems like it was short lived and the fact they couldn't properly work together to be one heck of an evil team makes them lose out for me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It's between Rocket and Plasma for me as well. Team Rocket has been around the longest and has Giovanni as their leader, who always seemed the most threatening out of the others, although I am less familiar with most of them. Team Plasma were good, attempting to take Pokémon away from Trainers, having the mysterious N who turned out not to be the leader, and Ghetsis being more the traditional villain wanting power/Pokémon all to himself, which makes them a definite threat to everyone alike. I think because Team Rocket did more as an organisation than Plasma, were the main villains a lot more too, they take my vote in the end.

Team Yell I just absolutely disliked, what a bunch of obnoxious idiots. Never considered Marnie a part of their group so I don't include her in there as Team Yell was under Piers, her brother. Didn't mind himself that much though, but definitely nothing compared to the likes of Giovanni or Ghetsis of course. Team Skull sounds like they were similar at being annoying not in the same way as them obviously. XD

I'll probably regret it but what the heck is Rainbow Rocket? I doubt they were better than original Rocket, just never heard of them before.
EDIT: *after checking them out* Ah, I see past villain groups becoming one "Team", I see. But seems like it was short lived and the fact they couldn't properly work together to be one heck of an evil team makes them lose out for me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 02:24 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I also like that unlike most of the other leaders, when he gets defeated he basically admits defeat but disappears to train and return better than before, rather than either just changing his ways or dying or whatever other fates can befall a team leader that stops them going further in their initial goals. Even when he gets taken down on his return in USUM he doesn't opt to give up.

@Mr EliteL: Team Yell left my mind entirely the instant I made the poll because they're just a fan club that got given the "Team" moniker for the sake of SwSh having a Team in the game. They're the worst team but only because they really don't deserve to have the moniker at all. According to Shira she told me that Skull was more of a comic relief style team and they're not supposed to pose as the actual antagonistic group in the game that has an ulterior motive. I think I'd have to see their behaviour in action though to judge them properly.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2021, 02:24 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I also like that unlike most of the other leaders, when he gets defeated he basically admits defeat but disappears to train and return better than before, rather than either just changing his ways or dying or whatever other fates can befall a team leader that stops them going further in their initial goals. Even when he gets taken down on his return in USUM he doesn't opt to give up.

@Mr EliteL: Team Yell left my mind entirely the instant I made the poll because they're just a fan club that got given the "Team" moniker for the sake of SwSh having a Team in the game. They're the worst team but only because they really don't deserve to have the moniker at all. According to Shira she told me that Skull was more of a comic relief style team and they're not supposed to pose as the actual antagonistic group in the game that has an ulterior motive. I think I'd have to see their behaviour in action though to judge them properly.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I appreciate Yell mainly for fitting the area aesthetic. If I can give Sword/Shield any credit toward anything positive, it's their dedication to their reference material for the area of inspiration.

Do agree that Giovanni is the best boss out of all, especially for the reasons Moony just mentioned about him just doubling down on his evil efforts rather than fizzling away/cleaning up.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I appreciate Yell mainly for fitting the area aesthetic. If I can give Sword/Shield any credit toward anything positive, it's their dedication to their reference material for the area of inspiration.

Do agree that Giovanni is the best boss out of all, especially for the reasons Moony just mentioned about him just doubling down on his evil efforts rather than fizzling away/cleaning up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Pokémon's Original Watercolor Art is Supposed to Look... Moonface 4 822 May 7th, 2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  What's Pokémon's Best Gimmick(s)? Moonface 2 835 Aug 8th, 2022, 10:50 PM
  Do You Have a (Least) Favorite Pokémon Type? Moonface 3 1,026 May 31st, 2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Nicknames Moonface 7 1,904 Jan 16th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Karo
  Pokémon Regions/Routes Moonface 7 4,176 Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:10 PM