How Was Your Day/Week?
Kyng Offline
Expert
******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
XP: 10,223
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
For the past week, my sister has been at home, as a sort of 'second birthday' (after spending her actual birthday in Portugal).

We had quite a nice time together: on Monday, we went out to a local Neapolitan pizza restaurant, which is reputed to be the best in the UK outside London. And I have to say, it didn't disappoint: the pizza was lovely! Even though I had to have vegan cheese (due to my dairy allergy), it still held up very well: it was the nicest vegan pizza I've ever had, by a long way.

We've also been playing some old games (in particular, the LEGO Racers games) for nostalgic reasons. They're always fun to revisit: we must have got incredible value for money out of them!

And, on Wednesday, I participated in an online quiz, for the first time in a couple of months. I managed to get several questions right (including one my team captain didn't know), which helped us to a 47-43 victory!
Kyng Offline
Expert
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
XP: 10,223 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
For the past week, my sister has been at home, as a sort of 'second birthday' (after spending her actual birthday in Portugal).

We had quite a nice time together: on Monday, we went out to a local Neapolitan pizza restaurant, which is reputed to be the best in the UK outside London. And I have to say, it didn't disappoint: the pizza was lovely! Even though I had to have vegan cheese (due to my dairy allergy), it still held up very well: it was the nicest vegan pizza I've ever had, by a long way.

We've also been playing some old games (in particular, the LEGO Racers games) for nostalgic reasons. They're always fun to revisit: we must have got incredible value for money out of them!

And, on Wednesday, I participated in an online quiz, for the first time in a couple of months. I managed to get several questions right (including one my team captain didn't know), which helped us to a 47-43 victory!
Quote
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 33,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 16th, 2026, 10:35 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah so it's time for them to act like nothing happened, everything is all fine and dandy then. Back to normal. Yay!
Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. With the holiday season coming up though if they want to be stupid and move me off of frozen food or do something to just make me leave the job entirely then more fool them; it'll be similar to the time they took me off frozen in Asda (before you worked there) and very quickly learned that was a terrible idea. I recall back then I told them if they ever move me off again I won't go back on the department to fix it when it gets fucked up again, and thus was left alone from that point onwards. Tongue

(Sep 18th, 2026, 04:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Today is awesome. My AYN Thor finally arrived and this thing is absolutely glorious. I still have a lot of work to do to finish setting it up, but I put that on hold and just downloaded HeartGold so I could experience the absolutely glory of it on an OLED screen in x4 Resolution.
I think I remember you mentioning this a while back somewhere else on here. I don't really have enough DS games to probably warrant getting one of those, although even then I have no idea what SD865 or 8Gen2 means on the specs for the models. ROFL

(Sep 18th, 2026, 11:55 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Even though I had to have vegan cheese (due to my dairy allergy), it still held up very well: it was the nicest vegan pizza I've ever had, by a long way.
How are the vegan offerings in the UK nowadays? I remember it was pretty slim pickings for anything vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free when I was still in the country but that was almost ten years ago now. Yikes


Been feeling out of it for the last few days hence my lack of activity (and much of anything else really). Still feeling it a bit today but just trying to push through it somewhat because I don't really want to spend my entire week just existing. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 33,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 16th, 2026, 10:35 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah so it's time for them to act like nothing happened, everything is all fine and dandy then. Back to normal. Yay!
Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. With the holiday season coming up though if they want to be stupid and move me off of frozen food or do something to just make me leave the job entirely then more fool them; it'll be similar to the time they took me off frozen in Asda (before you worked there) and very quickly learned that was a terrible idea. I recall back then I told them if they ever move me off again I won't go back on the department to fix it when it gets fucked up again, and thus was left alone from that point onwards. Tongue

(Sep 18th, 2026, 04:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Today is awesome. My AYN Thor finally arrived and this thing is absolutely glorious. I still have a lot of work to do to finish setting it up, but I put that on hold and just downloaded HeartGold so I could experience the absolutely glory of it on an OLED screen in x4 Resolution.
I think I remember you mentioning this a while back somewhere else on here. I don't really have enough DS games to probably warrant getting one of those, although even then I have no idea what SD865 or 8Gen2 means on the specs for the models. ROFL

(Sep 18th, 2026, 11:55 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Even though I had to have vegan cheese (due to my dairy allergy), it still held up very well: it was the nicest vegan pizza I've ever had, by a long way.
How are the vegan offerings in the UK nowadays? I remember it was pretty slim pickings for anything vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free when I was still in the country but that was almost ten years ago now. Yikes


Been feeling out of it for the last few days hence my lack of activity (and much of anything else really). Still feeling it a bit today but just trying to push through it somewhat because I don't really want to spend my entire week just existing. Errm
Quote
Kyng Offline
Expert
******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
XP: 10,223
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Pretty hectic.

I spent all week at a work event, where I was learning some new software development techniques. I can't really talk about the work itself - but, I can say it was intense: I was working past midnight yesterday! But it was worth it in the end, because our company was one of five that did so well it was invited to do a presentation on the main stage, in front of everyone. (It wasn't me presenting, though: I was too shy for that!)

I'm on my way home now. This weekend, I'll probably just relax and do some gaming!
Kyng Offline
Expert
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
XP: 10,223 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Pretty hectic.

I spent all week at a work event, where I was learning some new software development techniques. I can't really talk about the work itself - but, I can say it was intense: I was working past midnight yesterday! But it was worth it in the end, because our company was one of five that did so well it was invited to do a presentation on the main stage, in front of everyone. (It wasn't me presenting, though: I was too shy for that!)

I'm on my way home now. This weekend, I'll probably just relax and do some gaming!
Quote


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day Sales! ShiraNoMai 4 2,356 Jul 18th, 2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 17,419 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 10,514 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 5,528 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 9,771 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)