How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,839
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ugh, I have to vent about this...

So on shift today I nearly took a customer out today with a full pallet of water because she saw fit to walk right in front of me at the last second and then stop. I only just managed to stop the pallet in time before I'd have hit her; there probably wasn't even a foot of space between us. She then proceeded to utterly ignore me when I told her not to do something so reckless so I called her a fucking idiot before resuming taking the pallet to where it was supposed to be going. Might be the first time I've ever cussed at a customer. Errm

Seriously what goes through these people's heads? Mellow
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,839 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ugh, I have to vent about this...

So on shift today I nearly took a customer out today with a full pallet of water because she saw fit to walk right in front of me at the last second and then stop. I only just managed to stop the pallet in time before I'd have hit her; there probably wasn't even a foot of space between us. She then proceeded to utterly ignore me when I told her not to do something so reckless so I called her a fucking idiot before resuming taking the pallet to where it was supposed to be going. Might be the first time I've ever cussed at a customer. Errm

Seriously what goes through these people's heads? Mellow
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Considering that most of them don't know how to read, and therefore get the sales wrong ALL THE TIME, I'm pretty sure that nothing but air is in between those ears. Customers don't give a shit about anything but themselves. She's not thinking about how you nearly hit her; she's just thinking "thanks for inconveniencing me, now move out of the way."
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Considering that most of them don't know how to read, and therefore get the sales wrong ALL THE TIME, I'm pretty sure that nothing but air is in between those ears. Customers don't give a shit about anything but themselves. She's not thinking about how you nearly hit her; she's just thinking "thanks for inconveniencing me, now move out of the way."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2024, 07:52 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
What's funny is that had she not suddenly rushed to get into the line of the register I was about to pull the pallet past (even though nobody else was around to get in line) I would have made it past there by the time she had got to the register to get into the line. As for not reading, in my store customers can't even figure out where the ice is and constantly go to customer service to complain we have no ice because they chose to look at the coolers where the click and collect orders are stored. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2024, 07:52 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
What's funny is that had she not suddenly rushed to get into the line of the register I was about to pull the pallet past (even though nobody else was around to get in line) I would have made it past there by the time she had got to the register to get into the line. As for not reading, in my store customers can't even figure out where the ice is and constantly go to customer service to complain we have no ice because they chose to look at the coolers where the click and collect orders are stored. Rolleyes
Kyng Online
Rookie
XP: 9,165
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Had a very nice weekend... was with my girlfriend for her birthday. I got her a selection of presents - including, among other things, some chocolates; some mocktail syrups; and a Harry Potter cross-stitch kit.

The following day, we went to the Bristol Zoo Project, which was quite a nice day out. There wasn't a massive amount there, but the place is a work-in-progress, so hopefully there will be more in a few years!
Kyng Online
Rookie
XP: 9,165 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Had a very nice weekend... was with my girlfriend for her birthday. I got her a selection of presents - including, among other things, some chocolates; some mocktail syrups; and a Harry Potter cross-stitch kit.

The following day, we went to the Bristol Zoo Project, which was quite a nice day out. There wasn't a massive amount there, but the place is a work-in-progress, so hopefully there will be more in a few years!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Glad to hear you had a good time! ^_^

My day would probably be fine if I had slept for more than three hours last night. I was expecting work to be a nightmare because of being Memorial Day weekend but the store was actually really quiet, which also meant I got to leave at my scheduled end time of 10am instead of needing to stay late. Although, coming home so early didn't really matter because the lack of sleep means I started to get a really bad headache so most of my day until now has been trying to get rid of it rather than actually doing anything. Meh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Glad to hear you had a good time! ^_^

My day would probably be fine if I had slept for more than three hours last night. I was expecting work to be a nightmare because of being Memorial Day weekend but the store was actually really quiet, which also meant I got to leave at my scheduled end time of 10am instead of needing to stay late. Although, coming home so early didn't really matter because the lack of sleep means I started to get a really bad headache so most of my day until now has been trying to get rid of it rather than actually doing anything. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Work just getting ridiculous with stock levels for the bank holiday then for how busy it is with our limited colleagues, or taking us away from the department. Happy to have my usual 2 days off in a row, though did do a walk on Friday after work for a birthday, plus received my new bed today too, will be great to sleep tonight. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Work just getting ridiculous with stock levels for the bank holiday then for how busy it is with our limited colleagues, or taking us away from the department. Happy to have my usual 2 days off in a row, though did do a walk on Friday after work for a birthday, plus received my new bed today too, will be great to sleep tonight. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope ya sleep like a baby! Love new beds. Our bed is in its 9th year, probably time to replace soon. Hmm

My day was going well yesterday when I was setting up my new PC I got earlier this month cuz I finally have my new desk set-up. It was while I was trying to plug in my monitors that I realized that the ports were all Display, and not HDMI. I went to check the specs of the rig again to reassure myself when I realized, upon loading the page, that the PC I received was not what I ordered. Like, at all.

What I ordered:

[Image: 61XVKcpYMEL._AC_SL1200_.jpg]

What I got:

[Image: qX7h7F3.jpeg]

Now, I know what you're thinking: how could I not notice straight out of the box? In fact, the box itself was labelled with this specific case. Well, let me tell you about the power of the brain and how it processes information... *10 minutes later*

Anyway, well, now I've completely unboxed, unwrapped, plugged in this... mystery rig. Is it even remotely the same parts? Hard to say from looking at it, so now I have to initialize Windows and do set-up to see the stats of the hardware. After about an hour, I finally get to the settings, and... it's worse than what I had ordered. Great. Well, I guess I should return and get it replaced. Oh. "Current Unavailable" on Amazon.  Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope ya sleep like a baby! Love new beds. Our bed is in its 9th year, probably time to replace soon. Hmm

My day was going well yesterday when I was setting up my new PC I got earlier this month cuz I finally have my new desk set-up. It was while I was trying to plug in my monitors that I realized that the ports were all Display, and not HDMI. I went to check the specs of the rig again to reassure myself when I realized, upon loading the page, that the PC I received was not what I ordered. Like, at all.

What I ordered:

[Image: 61XVKcpYMEL._AC_SL1200_.jpg]

What I got:

[Image: qX7h7F3.jpeg]

Now, I know what you're thinking: how could I not notice straight out of the box? In fact, the box itself was labelled with this specific case. Well, let me tell you about the power of the brain and how it processes information... *10 minutes later*

Anyway, well, now I've completely unboxed, unwrapped, plugged in this... mystery rig. Is it even remotely the same parts? Hard to say from looking at it, so now I have to initialize Windows and do set-up to see the stats of the hardware. After about an hour, I finally get to the settings, and... it's worse than what I had ordered. Great. Well, I guess I should return and get it replaced. Oh. "Current Unavailable" on Amazon.  Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I also was present for brief parts of that PC setup and also failed to notice the entirely different case design. ROFL

My week hasn't really been that great. Nothing bad has happened; I just can't shake a feeling of deep sadness and loneliness every day since like the weekend or whenever it started. I know it's depression shit, but that just makes it more bothersome because I know I can't really do anything about it in the immediate moment. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I also was present for brief parts of that PC setup and also failed to notice the entirely different case design. ROFL

My week hasn't really been that great. Nothing bad has happened; I just can't shake a feeling of deep sadness and loneliness every day since like the weekend or whenever it started. I know it's depression shit, but that just makes it more bothersome because I know I can't really do anything about it in the immediate moment. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had to take our kitty to the vet yesterday before our trip to Texas this weekend, and the little bastard got out of his harness right after I let him out of the car when we got to the vet. Luckily he didn't really know where to go so I managed to quickly catch him before he ran off somewhere but that crap managed to keep me awake a lot of last night imagining scenarios where I hadn't caught him as quickly as I did. Errm

Just landed from a three hour flight into Texas and now on the hunt for food because I've not eaten yet today and I've been up since 4am because we had to get to the airport at 5:30am.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had to take our kitty to the vet yesterday before our trip to Texas this weekend, and the little bastard got out of his harness right after I let him out of the car when we got to the vet. Luckily he didn't really know where to go so I managed to quickly catch him before he ran off somewhere but that crap managed to keep me awake a lot of last night imagining scenarios where I hadn't caught him as quickly as I did. Errm

Just landed from a three hour flight into Texas and now on the hunt for food because I've not eaten yet today and I've been up since 4am because we had to get to the airport at 5:30am.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mars: "Aw hell no, not here again, no harness is going to hold me! Alleyoop, I'm outta here--hol' up where shall I go....darn it he got me!"

What did he need to go to the vets for? As long as he's back home and safe that's good. Take it someone is looking after him?

My day was fine, Wednesday wasn't so I got stupidly down for most of the day but sleeping that night made me a bit better. We'll be down to three people on my department on Tuesday and there's zero attempts for a replacement so far, even though my section leader keeps on mentioning his/our concerns. I'm sure as hell won't work every day of the week when one of the other two are booked off and doubt they will when I'm off.  Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mars: "Aw hell no, not here again, no harness is going to hold me! Alleyoop, I'm outta here--hol' up where shall I go....darn it he got me!"

What did he need to go to the vets for? As long as he's back home and safe that's good. Take it someone is looking after him?

My day was fine, Wednesday wasn't so I got stupidly down for most of the day but sleeping that night made me a bit better. We'll be down to three people on my department on Tuesday and there's zero attempts for a replacement so far, even though my section leader keeps on mentioning his/our concerns. I'm sure as hell won't work every day of the week when one of the other two are booked off and doubt they will when I'm off.  Hmph
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 7th, 2024, 03:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

We just hadn't taken him in a long long time and his prescription was finally expiring for his food, so we just took him for a checkup and to get that renewed. Fat bastard weighs 16lbs but otherwise he's fine. He's spending the weekend at @ShiraNoMai's mum's house which is where he always goes if we're away for more than a few days.

My day was fine, Wednesday wasn't so I got stupidly down for most of the day but sleeping that night made me a bit better. We'll be down to three people on my department on Tuesday and there's zero attempts for a replacement so far, even though my section leader keeps on mentioning his/our concerns. I'm sure as hell won't work every day of the week when one of the other two are booked off and doubt they will when I'm off.  
Hopefully they're just not getting a replacement right now because of how it isn't always busy during the summer, but I think we both know the more likely outcome is nobody will get hired even when the place is busy enough to try crowd surfing to the potatoes. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

We just hadn't taken him in a long long time and his prescription was finally expiring for his food, so we just took him for a checkup and to get that renewed. Fat bastard weighs 16lbs but otherwise he's fine. He's spending the weekend at @ShiraNoMai's mum's house which is where he always goes if we're away for more than a few days.

My day was fine, Wednesday wasn't so I got stupidly down for most of the day but sleeping that night made me a bit better. We'll be down to three people on my department on Tuesday and there's zero attempts for a replacement so far, even though my section leader keeps on mentioning his/our concerns. I'm sure as hell won't work every day of the week when one of the other two are booked off and doubt they will when I'm off.  
Hopefully they're just not getting a replacement right now because of how it isn't always busy during the summer, but I think we both know the more likely outcome is nobody will get hired even when the place is busy enough to try crowd surfing to the potatoes. Rolleyes
Kyng Online
Rookie
Well, I got my results from some blood tests I did a couple of weeks ago - and, they're mostly normal, except that I apparently have a severe Vitamin D deficiency. So, I'm being given some supplements that should help with that.

Also, I'm going to see if I can go for walks more often. Should get me more Vitamin D, as well as helping me to get into better shape physically Smile !
Kyng Online
Rookie
Well, I got my results from some blood tests I did a couple of weeks ago - and, they're mostly normal, except that I apparently have a severe Vitamin D deficiency. So, I'm being given some supplements that should help with that.

Also, I'm going to see if I can go for walks more often. Should get me more Vitamin D, as well as helping me to get into better shape physically Smile !
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Vitamin D deficiency is very common in our uh, indoor-enjoyer group lol I've been D deficient for a while now, pretty sure Moony is too, I believe all my friends are as well; and I know this is especially the case when, you know, I live in what's considered the Sunshine State. XD

Walks are great though, I've been doing that quite a bit lately. My skin definitely absorbs that sun like no tomorrow--been tanning up my arms like nuts, just from some daily 30 minute/1.5 mile walks!

I should be getting my own blood test relatively soon; though I dread to think of the cost cuz I don't have insurance anymore, and apparently that Vitamin D test is the costly one Monkas
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Vitamin D deficiency is very common in our uh, indoor-enjoyer group lol I've been D deficient for a while now, pretty sure Moony is too, I believe all my friends are as well; and I know this is especially the case when, you know, I live in what's considered the Sunshine State. XD

Walks are great though, I've been doing that quite a bit lately. My skin definitely absorbs that sun like no tomorrow--been tanning up my arms like nuts, just from some daily 30 minute/1.5 mile walks!

I should be getting my own blood test relatively soon; though I dread to think of the cost cuz I don't have insurance anymore, and apparently that Vitamin D test is the costly one Monkas
Kyng Online
Rookie
(Jul 29th, 2024, 01:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah, and it's not just that I spend a lot of time indoors on my computer at home: I also work as a software developer, which is a very 'indoor' job. So I definitely need to make these walks a more regular part of my daily (or at least weekly) routine.

Today, I had a meet-up with some of my other forum friends from the UK. We ded have some difficulty meeting up - but once we were together, we had a great time Grin . We went to Nando's for lunch, and then went bowling (which I didn't do very well at Tongue ).

Overall, though, I had a great time - and I'd definitely like to meet these people again one day!
Kyng Online
Rookie
(Jul 29th, 2024, 01:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah, and it's not just that I spend a lot of time indoors on my computer at home: I also work as a software developer, which is a very 'indoor' job. So I definitely need to make these walks a more regular part of my daily (or at least weekly) routine.

Today, I had a meet-up with some of my other forum friends from the UK. We ded have some difficulty meeting up - but once we were together, we had a great time Grin . We went to Nando's for lunch, and then went bowling (which I didn't do very well at Tongue ).

Overall, though, I had a great time - and I'd definitely like to meet these people again one day!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Cool that your meet up with your forum friends went well, Kyng...well despite the initial difficulty but got some things done when you all were there.

Work has been...strange lately. Well silly in that our store changed depot and they get sending things incorrectly which are making counts go constantly haywire. Counts are always wrong but we didn't have to keep changing them as much as we've had to these past few weeks. Plus over stock has been low, leaving the shopfloor to go off sale faster that usual. Ah well. The new depot has been suffering the consequences though for it, getting charged for stock we and other stores aren't getting.

Eh not much else been going on really. Well did go see my step-grandad last week and he was doing better than what we'd expected...which is really not saying much because there's still all the problems that won't go away health-wise.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Cool that your meet up with your forum friends went well, Kyng...well despite the initial difficulty but got some things done when you all were there.

Work has been...strange lately. Well silly in that our store changed depot and they get sending things incorrectly which are making counts go constantly haywire. Counts are always wrong but we didn't have to keep changing them as much as we've had to these past few weeks. Plus over stock has been low, leaving the shopfloor to go off sale faster that usual. Ah well. The new depot has been suffering the consequences though for it, getting charged for stock we and other stores aren't getting.

Eh not much else been going on really. Well did go see my step-grandad last week and he was doing better than what we'd expected...which is really not saying much because there's still all the problems that won't go away health-wise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day Sales! ShiraNoMai 4 217 Jul 18th, 2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 5,330 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 6,193 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,616 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,530 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM