Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Story Expansion DLC News Next Week
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I was considering picking this game up soon, but after seeing screenshots from the game and seeing the absolutely atrocious localization in it... yeah, lolno. Game has been moved to the "Pick it up in a sale for no more than $5 at most" bin.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I was considering picking this game up soon, but after seeing screenshots from the game and seeing the absolutely atrocious localization in it... yeah, lolno. Game has been moved to the "Pick it up in a sale for no more than $5 at most" bin.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Source? Not seen anything on this game since launch. I have a streamer I follow playing it, I should check in with them...
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Source? Not seen anything on this game since launch. I have a streamer I follow playing it, I should check in with them...
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,142
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(May 15th, 2024, 01:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

If you read a lot of the comments in the steam version of this game, a lot of people that review it have been saying the same thing. source <- review of many. It's why I haven't bought the game, that and a lot of the reviewers say it's nothing like Suikoden the way it plays. So, I've been waiting for a sale too. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,142 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(May 15th, 2024, 01:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

If you read a lot of the comments in the steam version of this game, a lot of people that review it have been saying the same thing. source <- review of many. It's why I haven't bought the game, that and a lot of the reviewers say it's nothing like Suikoden the way it plays. So, I've been waiting for a sale too. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't have the screenshots (I can try to find them later), but there's just a lot of really ridiculous things in this translation. Like a character using the term "chud", because that fits in a fantasy setting game. Just Redditor-tier translators that think they are so funny by shoehorning in really idiotic Western memes and Reddit terms into the translations of games.

This game is a prime example of why more companies need to start turning to using AI to translate, and then having and editor go through and smooth it out if there's any rough patches in the translation instead of using these moronic "translators" that have plagued the gaming scene in recent years.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't have the screenshots (I can try to find them later), but there's just a lot of really ridiculous things in this translation. Like a character using the term "chud", because that fits in a fantasy setting game. Just Redditor-tier translators that think they are so funny by shoehorning in really idiotic Western memes and Reddit terms into the translations of games.

This game is a prime example of why more companies need to start turning to using AI to translate, and then having and editor go through and smooth it out if there's any rough patches in the translation instead of using these moronic "translators" that have plagued the gaming scene in recent years.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 21st, 2024, 09:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't see what translation an AI could do that a translation program like Google Translate shouldn't already be able to do. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 21st, 2024, 09:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't see what translation an AI could do that a translation program like Google Translate shouldn't already be able to do. Unsure
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
With games like Eiyuden, impo: it's about the TONE the game sets. I have played and own all the Suikoden titles for the PlayStation. But with the mistranslation, it comes off like a joke instead of it being a serious tale of one warring nation against another. But then again, the reviews have said that Eiyuden is nothing like the Suikoden titles at all.

Let me put it this way, it would be like say playing the Metal Gear Solid Franchise then KONAMI releases the terrible online mmo with the name in it which put a lot of fans off the series, more so after the creator of the series was canned before it's release. So yea, not a good look.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
With games like Eiyuden, impo: it's about the TONE the game sets. I have played and own all the Suikoden titles for the PlayStation. But with the mistranslation, it comes off like a joke instead of it being a serious tale of one warring nation against another. But then again, the reviews have said that Eiyuden is nothing like the Suikoden titles at all.

Let me put it this way, it would be like say playing the Metal Gear Solid Franchise then KONAMI releases the terrible online mmo with the name in it which put a lot of fans off the series, more so after the creator of the series was canned before it's release. So yea, not a good look.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the translation alone is the main issue for this game I could see a mod coming out for the PC version eventually that offers a better translation if enough people care enough to make it. Would that be enough to improve the game notably or does it still have other issues on like a gameplay level?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the translation alone is the main issue for this game I could see a mod coming out for the PC version eventually that offers a better translation if enough people care enough to make it. Would that be enough to improve the game notably or does it still have other issues on like a gameplay level?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 6th, 2024, 06:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't even know if there even is a mod for this game that would fix the translated version that is out currently. I also have been down this road before. I have done a lot of research for a separate game. A game I bought on sale, Dragon Cafe. I watched a lot of trailers, watched a few people review it. Everything I could do then decided to buy it. It was the worse game I have ever played. But I at least bought it fairly cheaply so I'm not out a lot of money for buying it. 

BUT: I also don't want to do a lot of research on a game I don't want spoiled for myself. I haven't seen any game play of it, so I don't even know what could be wrong with it. I would rather wait for a sale, buy it at a low price. Then regret buying it at $50 which I could not get back at over 2 hours when bought on steam. (Or refundable via PlayStation, Switch, or Xbone. <_<)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 6th, 2024, 06:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't even know if there even is a mod for this game that would fix the translated version that is out currently. I also have been down this road before. I have done a lot of research for a separate game. A game I bought on sale, Dragon Cafe. I watched a lot of trailers, watched a few people review it. Everything I could do then decided to buy it. It was the worse game I have ever played. But I at least bought it fairly cheaply so I'm not out a lot of money for buying it. 

BUT: I also don't want to do a lot of research on a game I don't want spoiled for myself. I haven't seen any game play of it, so I don't even know what could be wrong with it. I would rather wait for a sale, buy it at a low price. Then regret buying it at $50 which I could not get back at over 2 hours when bought on steam. (Or refundable via PlayStation, Switch, or Xbone. <_<)
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's very fair, queen. I may do the same thing, seems like the smart approach.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's very fair, queen. I may do the same thing, seems like the smart approach.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As someone not worried about spoilers I would try to help out with anything people want answered about the game by trying to find out answers if I can and then giving them without any of the spoiler stuff attached, but I don't know if that is actually feasible without a) playing the game myself and b) having little to no experience with the genre or the series that inspired this game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As someone not worried about spoilers I would try to help out with anything people want answered about the game by trying to find out answers if I can and then giving them without any of the spoiler stuff attached, but I don't know if that is actually feasible without a) playing the game myself and b) having little to no experience with the genre or the series that inspired this game.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The game is currently 25% off right now on Steam until June 27th. Not sure if that's a good enough deal for folks. I think I'll wait for it to be 50%. Just under $40 isn't that much better than full price Shrug
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The game is currently 25% off right now on Steam until June 27th. Not sure if that's a good enough deal for folks. I think I'll wait for it to be 50%. Just under $40 isn't that much better than full price Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Story Expansion DLC and Major Patch News Coming Next Week
The official Twitter account for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes has announced that players can expect news for a major patch and Story Expansion DLC next week. The time and day when this news will drop was not shared yet.

I wonder if the patch will address issues with the translation given how much I saw that being criticized by players back when this game first dropped? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Story Expansion DLC and Major Patch News Coming Next Week
The official Twitter account for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes has announced that players can expect news for a major patch and Story Expansion DLC next week. The time and day when this news will drop was not shared yet.

I wonder if the patch will address issues with the translation given how much I saw that being criticized by players back when this game first dropped? Hmm