Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]: Played for the day & went to some friends towns in my dreams thanks to their posting dream adresses. I'm still working on getting all of the mermaid set. I'm short a few pearls to be able to make what diy's I have atmo.

Bug Fables (PC): I'm on chapter 4, heading deeper into the desert. (@Moonface If you want a Paper Mario: TTYD experience then Bug Fables is for you.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]: Played for the day & went to some friends towns in my dreams thanks to their posting dream adresses. I'm still working on getting all of the mermaid set. I'm short a few pearls to be able to make what diy's I have atmo.

Bug Fables (PC): I'm on chapter 4, heading deeper into the desert. (@Moonface If you want a Paper Mario: TTYD experience then Bug Fables is for you.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 31st, 2020, 04:21 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
I've been hearing about the game and meaning to check it out. Does it have any notable gameplay differences to Paper Mario or is it overall very similar?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been hearing about the game and meaning to check it out. Does it have any notable gameplay differences to Paper Mario or is it overall very similar?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 31st, 2020, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Here's Arlo's review which talks more about it then I could. xD

Last game I played was Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I played for the day & got my pearls for the day. I was able to make all of the mermaid items I could craft, but I'm missing the wall & small mermaid carpet to finish the theme.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 31st, 2020, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Here's Arlo's review which talks more about it then I could. xD

Last game I played was Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I played for the day & got my pearls for the day. I was able to make all of the mermaid items I could craft, but I'm missing the wall & small mermaid carpet to finish the theme.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"sunshine queen": I'll check out that review when I get a chance. Thanks! Grin

Minecraft 1.16.1
Been working on a build for my survival world that I intend to have house my worlds end portal as well as one of my many nether portals. So far it's looking really dope and I'll share some screenshots of it when I finish it! Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"sunshine queen": I'll check out that review when I get a chance. Thanks! Grin

Minecraft 1.16.1
Been working on a build for my survival world that I intend to have house my worlds end portal as well as one of my many nether portals. So far it's looking really dope and I'll share some screenshots of it when I finish it! Grin
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Accel World vs Sword Art Online (PS4)

Finally finished the platinum for this game (#150) and now I don't ever have to play it again, thank god. I'm really sad that this game ended up being so bad to me, because I loved Lost Song and this game was based on that game in terms of gameplay, but they added a bunch of crap on top of it that just made it really bad compared to Lost Song. But oh well, like I said, I no longer have to worry about this game.

ICEY (PS4)

My LRG physical copy of this arrived a few days ago, so I decided to start it up. Little did I know that this game was extremely short, and I had the platinum in about 6 hours after starting it (and 3 or so of those hours were idle time). It was an... interesting game. The combat felt really nice, but the lack of enemy variety and how annoying some of the combat mechanics were really took away from it. I think this game would have been better off as a 2D Souls-like instead, because how fluid the combat was would have really fit well with that type of a structure. Can't complain about an easy platinum though, and playing a quick finisher game like this is nice after playing several 100+ hour games in a row.

Fairy Tail (PS4)

I let random chance decide between playing this or Ghost of Tsushima next, and this game one. I've never watched the Fairy Tail anime or read the manga, so I expect to be completely lost when it comes to the story (since it follows the anime), but oh well. As long as the game is fun that's all I really care about. I like GUST RPGs, so hopefully this one will satisfy.

Azur Lane (Android)

Grinding away at our current event. Got all of the event girls already, so now it's just grinding out points to clear the shop. We just had our 2nd Year Anniversary livestream tonight, which gave us a preview of a lot of the 2nd anniversary events and such that will be starting up tomorrow (with a major event in a couple of weeks after our current one is over), and also they gave us a sneak peak at the Amagi skin that we're finally going to get. Been waiting a long time for it, as Amagi is one of my favorite characters, so I'll be more than happy to be able to add it to my collection.

Arknights (Android)

Not a whole lot going on here right now. Just got done with one mini-event and have another that just started up today. Nothing too amazing from it other than some materials and a free skin for a character I don't use (but hey, a free skin is a free skin). Next week or the week after we should be getting our next major banner, which will have a character on it that I want named Ceobe. I already have all of the materials I need to Elite 1 and Elite 2 her, as well as upgrade her skills to level 7 and get her second skill to Mastery 3. Thankfully since the RNG gods were on my side on the Nian banner and I was able to pull her with just a single-pull ticket that I got from the certificate shop, it means I'm going to be very well stocked on resources to pull for Ceobe, even if the game tries its best not to give her to me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Accel World vs Sword Art Online (PS4)

Finally finished the platinum for this game (#150) and now I don't ever have to play it again, thank god. I'm really sad that this game ended up being so bad to me, because I loved Lost Song and this game was based on that game in terms of gameplay, but they added a bunch of crap on top of it that just made it really bad compared to Lost Song. But oh well, like I said, I no longer have to worry about this game.

ICEY (PS4)

My LRG physical copy of this arrived a few days ago, so I decided to start it up. Little did I know that this game was extremely short, and I had the platinum in about 6 hours after starting it (and 3 or so of those hours were idle time). It was an... interesting game. The combat felt really nice, but the lack of enemy variety and how annoying some of the combat mechanics were really took away from it. I think this game would have been better off as a 2D Souls-like instead, because how fluid the combat was would have really fit well with that type of a structure. Can't complain about an easy platinum though, and playing a quick finisher game like this is nice after playing several 100+ hour games in a row.

Fairy Tail (PS4)

I let random chance decide between playing this or Ghost of Tsushima next, and this game one. I've never watched the Fairy Tail anime or read the manga, so I expect to be completely lost when it comes to the story (since it follows the anime), but oh well. As long as the game is fun that's all I really care about. I like GUST RPGs, so hopefully this one will satisfy.

Azur Lane (Android)

Grinding away at our current event. Got all of the event girls already, so now it's just grinding out points to clear the shop. We just had our 2nd Year Anniversary livestream tonight, which gave us a preview of a lot of the 2nd anniversary events and such that will be starting up tomorrow (with a major event in a couple of weeks after our current one is over), and also they gave us a sneak peak at the Amagi skin that we're finally going to get. Been waiting a long time for it, as Amagi is one of my favorite characters, so I'll be more than happy to be able to add it to my collection.

Arknights (Android)

Not a whole lot going on here right now. Just got done with one mini-event and have another that just started up today. Nothing too amazing from it other than some materials and a free skin for a character I don't use (but hey, a free skin is a free skin). Next week or the week after we should be getting our next major banner, which will have a character on it that I want named Ceobe. I already have all of the materials I need to Elite 1 and Elite 2 her, as well as upgrade her skills to level 7 and get her second skill to Mastery 3. Thankfully since the RNG gods were on my side on the Nian banner and I was able to pull her with just a single-pull ticket that I got from the certificate shop, it means I'm going to be very well stocked on resources to pull for Ceobe, even if the game tries its best not to give her to me.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Crypt of the NecroDancer

The only game I played today, and it didn't last for very long. I screwed up killing the shopkeeper in the second level - and, he killed me instead >_< .

I did plan on playing some Skyrim this evening, but... it didn't happen Sad .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Crypt of the NecroDancer

The only game I played today, and it didn't last for very long. I screwed up killing the shopkeeper in the second level - and, he killed me instead >_< .

I did plan on playing some Skyrim this evening, but... it didn't happen Sad .
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've beat Bug Fables a few weeks ago & it was really good. I've been playing; Animal Crossing New Horizons for my daily stuff, LittleWood, & Underhero I've really been enjoying. xp
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've beat Bug Fables a few weeks ago & it was really good. I've been playing; Animal Crossing New Horizons for my daily stuff, LittleWood, & Underhero I've really been enjoying. xp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 2nd, 2020, 12:04 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
How long did Bug Fables turn out to be in the end? Does it have stuff to do outside the main plot like finding secrets and stuff?

What are the two new games you've been playing like? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How long did Bug Fables turn out to be in the end? Does it have stuff to do outside the main plot like finding secrets and stuff?

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 2nd, 2020, 12:15 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Bug Fables took me a month to beat because it took some time to get through. As for secret stuff, at the end of the game there's an optional side quest you can take on & it's worth it to do. I had fun with the game. There is also exploring the world of Bug Fables where you can discover secrets as well.

LittleWood is basically like Animal Crossing mixed with Stardew Valley. Your the hero of the world & you wake up to find you can't remember what happened & your friends make you rebuild your town hoping it'll jig your memory. You chop down trees, gather ores using a pickax, build the town: quite literally & sell stuff as you play. It's cute at first, but after a while it kind of gets boring. I've been focusing on trying to find all the books for the library which will get me to the end game scenario. 

Underhero is scratching the Metroid itch I've been having. It's a platformer where your fighting against monsters that you come across in the game. The story is that the hero of this world is defeated & you one of the villains minions are chosen to be the new hero. I really love the way the game play & the lvling up system is very much Paper Mario inspired, even if I feel the platforming is more Metroid. xD

Last games I've played today were: Animal Crossing: New Horizons & Nexomon: Extinction (which is basically kind of old school pokemon based with the way it plays -impo-.)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 2nd, 2020, 12:15 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Bug Fables took me a month to beat because it took some time to get through. As for secret stuff, at the end of the game there's an optional side quest you can take on & it's worth it to do. I had fun with the game. There is also exploring the world of Bug Fables where you can discover secrets as well.

LittleWood is basically like Animal Crossing mixed with Stardew Valley. Your the hero of the world & you wake up to find you can't remember what happened & your friends make you rebuild your town hoping it'll jig your memory. You chop down trees, gather ores using a pickax, build the town: quite literally & sell stuff as you play. It's cute at first, but after a while it kind of gets boring. I've been focusing on trying to find all the books for the library which will get me to the end game scenario. 

Underhero is scratching the Metroid itch I've been having. It's a platformer where your fighting against monsters that you come across in the game. The story is that the hero of this world is defeated & you one of the villains minions are chosen to be the new hero. I really love the way the game play & the lvling up system is very much Paper Mario inspired, even if I feel the platforming is more Metroid. xD

Last games I've played today were: Animal Crossing: New Horizons & Nexomon: Extinction (which is basically kind of old school pokemon based with the way it plays -impo-.)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
World of Tanks Console [Xbone, but the servers are now cross-compatible(1): They teamed up with WWE, for some baffling reason, and started a Battle Pass! YAY! ...Yes, I bought it; the tanks were shiny, and I happened to have the gold just laying around, doing nothing. Plus, I got more gold out of the battle pass than I spent, so EVERY ONE WINS! Also, shiny premium tanks (even if one of them sucks).

Operation Darkness [Xbox 360]: HOO BOY! So, you may or may not remember on the old forum I did a review of this game. Well, I didn't mention how this game likes to bend you over the kitchen sink and F*** YOU! I'm on Mission 11, and right at the start, I've got a Panther Tank to both my North and South, another just chillin' off in the distance, and, like, 25 magic-casting troops which, by the way, magic never misses! Oh, and then there's Carmilla, who just happens to have double the HP of the tanks and can nuke your hapless party whenever she wants, and if one of 5 specific characters drop (one of which is AI controlled!), you instantly fail the mission!

That said, I really do like the game! ...I'm just not sure if it's fun.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
World of Tanks Console [Xbone, but the servers are now cross-compatible(1): They teamed up with WWE, for some baffling reason, and started a Battle Pass! YAY! ...Yes, I bought it; the tanks were shiny, and I happened to have the gold just laying around, doing nothing. Plus, I got more gold out of the battle pass than I spent, so EVERY ONE WINS! Also, shiny premium tanks (even if one of them sucks).

Operation Darkness [Xbox 360]: HOO BOY! So, you may or may not remember on the old forum I did a review of this game. Well, I didn't mention how this game likes to bend you over the kitchen sink and F*** YOU! I'm on Mission 11, and right at the start, I've got a Panther Tank to both my North and South, another just chillin' off in the distance, and, like, 25 magic-casting troops which, by the way, magic never misses! Oh, and then there's Carmilla, who just happens to have double the HP of the tanks and can nuke your hapless party whenever she wants, and if one of 5 specific characters drop (one of which is AI controlled!), you instantly fail the mission!

That said, I really do like the game! ...I'm just not sure if it's fun.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Skyrim

I'm playing a game that I started months ago (maybe over a year ago). I abandoned it for quite a long time (as I drifted off to other games); however, I'm currently trying to get back into it.

My character is currently at level 29. He recently travelled to Solstheim, where he killed a dragon... before jumping off a cliff and dying like an idiot Sad .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Skyrim

I'm playing a game that I started months ago (maybe over a year ago). I abandoned it for quite a long time (as I drifted off to other games); however, I'm currently trying to get back into it.

My character is currently at level 29. He recently travelled to Solstheim, where he killed a dragon... before jumping off a cliff and dying like an idiot Sad .
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ara Fell (PS4)

Bought this during a PSN Sale a couple of weeks ago and spent the last week or so plugging away at it. Really, really good game. Enjoyed it immensely from start to finish, which is something I desperately needed after being met with a lot of disappointment in the games I've been playing lately. In hindsight, I would have been 110% okay with paying the full price for this game, because it was just that enjoyable. Finished up the platinum tonight and now I'm kind of sad that it's over. Also sad that the developer said there wouldn't be a sequel or prequel to the game, because I'd really enjoy getting more from this game's world, but oh well. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on whatever they come out with next to see if they'll be able to do another great job or if Ara Fell is just going to be a one-hit-wonder from them.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ara Fell (PS4)

Bought this during a PSN Sale a couple of weeks ago and spent the last week or so plugging away at it. Really, really good game. Enjoyed it immensely from start to finish, which is something I desperately needed after being met with a lot of disappointment in the games I've been playing lately. In hindsight, I would have been 110% okay with paying the full price for this game, because it was just that enjoyable. Finished up the platinum tonight and now I'm kind of sad that it's over. Also sad that the developer said there wouldn't be a sequel or prequel to the game, because I'd really enjoy getting more from this game's world, but oh well. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on whatever they come out with next to see if they'll be able to do another great job or if Ara Fell is just going to be a one-hit-wonder from them.
Nilla Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
The Elder Scrolls Online
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,137
The Elder Scrolls Online. Nobody from my guild that I do dungeons with was online, so I just messed around and did some crafting and consumable writs.
Nilla Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
The Elder Scrolls Online
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,137
The Elder Scrolls Online. Nobody from my guild that I do dungeons with was online, so I just messed around and did some crafting and consumable writs.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Gintama Rumble

Was playing a few other games as I haven't playing any for a while, and I really wasn't getting into them even though they are games I already like. Decided to play Gintama Rumble and just been enjoying that instead. Haven't played for three days now though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Gintama Rumble

Was playing a few other games as I haven't playing any for a while, and I really wasn't getting into them even though they are games I already like. Decided to play Gintama Rumble and just been enjoying that instead. Haven't played for three days now though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mario 64
Really not into this game yet. The camera is fucking awful and makes the controls a constant fight. I got to the water level with the ship and pretty much dropped this like a bad habit and let Shira continue the game on her own. I don't have the patience for such a badly aged game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mario 64
Really not into this game yet. The camera is fucking awful and makes the controls a constant fight. I got to the water level with the ship and pretty much dropped this like a bad habit and let Shira continue the game on her own. I don't have the patience for such a badly aged game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 4,242 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,111 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface