NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It looks like Nier Automata still has tricks up its sleeve, as a new cheat code has been discovered that can instantly transport the player to the end of the game after defeating the first boss:
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It looks like Nier Automata still has tricks up its sleeve, as a new cheat code has been discovered that can instantly transport the player to the end of the game after defeating the first boss:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - The Barren Temple Gameplay
Check out ten minutes of new gameplay footage from the upcoming remake of NieR Replicant, as the Young Protagonist must navigate ancient puzzles, defeat Shades, and confront mysterious, sentient cubes in the Barren Temple, the entrance of which has finally been revealed after being hidden by a sandstorm.

In case you don't know when it releases, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 23.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - The Barren Temple Gameplay
Check out ten minutes of new gameplay footage from the upcoming remake of NieR Replicant, as the Young Protagonist must navigate ancient puzzles, defeat Shades, and confront mysterious, sentient cubes in the Barren Temple, the entrance of which has finally been revealed after being hidden by a sandstorm.

In case you don't know when it releases, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 23.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Did you start playing Replicant yet?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Did you start playing Replicant yet?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yes, I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks. I started it the day it arrived for me, lol. This is one of those games where I drop whatever else I'm playing in favor of it (though luckily everything worked out and I was able to finish everything else prior to it arriving). Progress has been a bit slow though due to Genshin, as usual.

In other NieR news. they announced that people who are pre-registered for NieR: Reincarnation on Android devices will be eligible to be picked at random for the upcoming Closed Beta Test. Really hoping I get lucky enough to be one of the ones chosen for it. Would love to get a taste of the game a little early.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yes, I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks. I started it the day it arrived for me, lol. This is one of those games where I drop whatever else I'm playing in favor of it (though luckily everything worked out and I was able to finish everything else prior to it arriving). Progress has been a bit slow though due to Genshin, as usual.

In other NieR news. they announced that people who are pre-registered for NieR: Reincarnation on Android devices will be eligible to be picked at random for the upcoming Closed Beta Test. Really hoping I get lucky enough to be one of the ones chosen for it. Would love to get a taste of the game a little early.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As someone who has only experienced Automata, what things from that game would you say I should/shouldn't expect in the remake? I want to make sure I keep my expectations in check, especially since it was made before Automata originally but I don't know to what extent anything from Automata (such as combat) was integrated into Replicant to improve it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As someone who has only experienced Automata, what things from that game would you say I should/shouldn't expect in the remake? I want to make sure I keep my expectations in check, especially since it was made before Automata originally but I don't know to what extent anything from Automata (such as combat) was integrated into Replicant to improve it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Don't expect combat to be as smooth as Automata's. Yes, they did make slight improvements to the combat over the original, but overall it's still mostly the same as isn't as fast-paced as Automata's.

Expect a great soundtrack that rivals Automata's. Except a really good story, and expect it to be a lot darker than Automata's at a lot of points. Expect to be slightly confused by the appearance of some characters, because you played Automata first.

Expect a very long grind if you want all of the endings/trophies. No options to buy the trophies from a cheat shop to bail players out of a long grind, and one of the endings requires you to have upgraded every single weapon to its max level to unlock, which will require many, many hours of farming rare item drops from enemies and very rare items from collection points. If you want to experience everything this game has, buckle in for the long haul.

Overall expect a very good experience, and expect to have a lot of holes from Automata filled in by the information you had missed by not playing Gestalt first prior.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Don't expect combat to be as smooth as Automata's. Yes, they did make slight improvements to the combat over the original, but overall it's still mostly the same as isn't as fast-paced as Automata's.

Expect a great soundtrack that rivals Automata's. Except a really good story, and expect it to be a lot darker than Automata's at a lot of points. Expect to be slightly confused by the appearance of some characters, because you played Automata first.

Expect a very long grind if you want all of the endings/trophies. No options to buy the trophies from a cheat shop to bail players out of a long grind, and one of the endings requires you to have upgraded every single weapon to its max level to unlock, which will require many, many hours of farming rare item drops from enemies and very rare items from collection points. If you want to experience everything this game has, buckle in for the long haul.

Overall expect a very good experience, and expect to have a lot of holes from Automata filled in by the information you had missed by not playing Gestalt first prior.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The long trophy completion time would explain how you've not beaten the entire game yet. I figured with someone like yourself who plays games as much as they can that the game just be long somehow for you to still be going at it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The long trophy completion time would explain how you've not beaten the entire game yet. I figured with someone like yourself who plays games as much as they can that the game just be long somehow for you to still be going at it. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, the main reason why I haven't beat the game yet would go to Genshin Impact. We had some events to do over there and I've been prepping for the release of the next new character on Tuesday. I've picked up the pace on going through this game the last couple of days thanks to being off work due to illness though.

I could have beaten the game by now, definitely, but getting the platinum? No. Maybe if I had a week off of work and did nothing but binged this game, I could have had it done by now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, the main reason why I haven't beat the game yet would go to Genshin Impact. We had some events to do over there and I've been prepping for the release of the next new character on Tuesday. I've picked up the pace on going through this game the last couple of days thanks to being off work due to illness though.

I could have beaten the game by now, definitely, but getting the platinum? No. Maybe if I had a week off of work and did nothing but binged this game, I could have had it done by now.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
yeah I've been enjoying it and the combat doesn't bother me at all. yeah automata was great, especially the perfect dodging, but the perfect guard and counter in replicant feels just as good. Story hasn't gotten too deep yet but I've only heard great things about the story so I'm excited
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
yeah I've been enjoying it and the combat doesn't bother me at all. yeah automata was great, especially the perfect dodging, but the perfect guard and counter in replicant feels just as good. Story hasn't gotten too deep yet but I've only heard great things about the story so I'm excited
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 18th, 2021, 05:03 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Story hasn't gotten too deep yet but I've only heard great things about the story so I'm excited

The story in Gestalt/Replicant rivals that of Automata (personally, I'd say Automata is slightly better, but overall the fanbase would rate them about equally). Again, with you having played Automata first and not having played Gestalt, the events in Replicant will fill in a lot of holes for you and answer some questions. 

You should play through Automata again after you finish Replicant as well, so you can experience a play through and be able to actually see all of the little details in teh game that are throwbacks to Gestalt/Replicant. I had put off playing Automata for a few months when it released so I could play and complete Gestalt, and man was I glad I did, because there's a lot of really amazing moments I would have missed in Automata without having the knowledge of Gestalt's events.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 18th, 2021, 05:03 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Story hasn't gotten too deep yet but I've only heard great things about the story so I'm excited

The story in Gestalt/Replicant rivals that of Automata (personally, I'd say Automata is slightly better, but overall the fanbase would rate them about equally). Again, with you having played Automata first and not having played Gestalt, the events in Replicant will fill in a lot of holes for you and answer some questions. 

You should play through Automata again after you finish Replicant as well, so you can experience a play through and be able to actually see all of the little details in teh game that are throwbacks to Gestalt/Replicant. I had put off playing Automata for a few months when it released so I could play and complete Gestalt, and man was I glad I did, because there's a lot of really amazing moments I would have missed in Automata without having the knowledge of Gestalt's events.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh I'm all right with doing that. automata is so much fun plus I know I missed a lot of stuff like Emil's lunar tears quests. which still doesn't make tons of sense but I'm sure farther into replicant, I'll understand.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh I'm all right with doing that. automata is so much fun plus I know I missed a lot of stuff like Emil's lunar tears quests. which still doesn't make tons of sense but I'm sure farther into replicant, I'll understand.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nier Reincarnation Releases Next Month
Nier Reincarnation, the first mobile entry in the Nier series, will release next month on July 28.

A free download with in-app purchases, Nier Reincarnation is an action-RPG starring a Girl in White who wakes up in a realm called the Cage. This girl is aided by a ghost named Mama, and together the duo venture into this world trying to regain the girl's memories.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nier Reincarnation Releases Next Month
Nier Reincarnation, the first mobile entry in the Nier series, will release next month on July 28.

A free download with in-app purchases, Nier Reincarnation is an action-RPG starring a Girl in White who wakes up in a realm called the Cage. This girl is aided by a ghost named Mama, and together the duo venture into this world trying to regain the girl's memories.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's nice to finally get a release date on this. I really enjoyed the Beta, though once I learned that no progress from the Beta would carry over, I stopped playing it since I'll have to go through all of those segments again anyways, but I enjoyed the game play a lot.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's nice to finally get a release date on this. I really enjoyed the Beta, though once I learned that no progress from the Beta would carry over, I stopped playing it since I'll have to go through all of those segments again anyways, but I enjoyed the game play a lot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Were there any aspects of the beta that hinted towards what the microtransactions of this game will be? I'm curious if the purchases are just going to be cosmetics and stuff or if there's going to be time limiters or something that forces people to wait unless they pay to remove them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Were there any aspects of the beta that hinted towards what the microtransactions of this game will be? I'm curious if the purchases are just going to be cosmetics and stuff or if there's going to be time limiters or something that forces people to wait unless they pay to remove them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just typical gacha stuff. You can buy the premium currency that you use for pulling on the banners, or material packs that can give you a bit of a boost when upgrading characters/weapons.

No time limits, but as with most other gacha games, you will be able to re-fill your stamina using premium currency if you want to continue progressing/farming without waiting for your stamina to refill over time.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just typical gacha stuff. You can buy the premium currency that you use for pulling on the banners, or material packs that can give you a bit of a boost when upgrading characters/weapons.

No time limits, but as with most other gacha games, you will be able to re-fill your stamina using premium currency if you want to continue progressing/farming without waiting for your stamina to refill over time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,886 Yesterday, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,521 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,743 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,434 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,732 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM