The Movie Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,732
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect there's going to be a selection of people who will do nothing but analyze the writing of this movie to hell and back after it was announced yesterday that Pepe Le Pew is no longer in the movie and the one scene he featured in was cut. Anything that seems toned down is just going to add fuel to the fire that announcement already started for some people.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,732 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect there's going to be a selection of people who will do nothing but analyze the writing of this movie to hell and back after it was announced yesterday that Pepe Le Pew is no longer in the movie and the one scene he featured in was cut. Anything that seems toned down is just going to add fuel to the fire that announcement already started for some people.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wait what? They've already cut a character from the movie? Nooo, not Pepe! OK that's not a good sign. Eh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wait what? They've already cut a character from the movie? Nooo, not Pepe! OK that's not a good sign. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well his scene was addressing how he sexually harasses a female character and I guess they decided that bringing that up just isn't a good thing and to leave the character behind rather than keep it as is or change it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well his scene was addressing how he sexually harasses a female character and I guess they decided that bringing that up just isn't a good thing and to leave the character behind rather than keep it as is or change it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, alright cutting a scene like that is OK. So I take it Pepe wasn't going to be a part of the baseball team this around, but they just remove him outright and not make a more appropriate scene with him. Alright he's not exactly a big enough Looney Tune character to include and he was pretty much all about coming on to a female anyway, so OK. Don't know why I acted so shocked other than there may be a risk of more cuts.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, alright cutting a scene like that is OK. So I take it Pepe wasn't going to be a part of the baseball team this around, but they just remove him outright and not make a more appropriate scene with him. Alright he's not exactly a big enough Looney Tune character to include and he was pretty much all about coming on to a female anyway, so OK. Don't know why I acted so shocked other than there may be a risk of more cuts.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah he wasn't part of the overall movie. He had literally one scene that I guess was going to address his behaviour but overall likely just isn't necessary and runs too much risk of causing the wrong discussion to be made about this movie. If it was never done or mentioned as being cut I don't think anyone would've noticed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah he wasn't part of the overall movie. He had literally one scene that I guess was going to address his behaviour but overall likely just isn't necessary and runs too much risk of causing the wrong discussion to be made about this movie. If it was never done or mentioned as being cut I don't think anyone would've noticed.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,265
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, it's that and also, this is a sequel; you don't need to reintroduce every single character, minor or not, from the previous movie to make it legit. That mention was highly clickbaitable though.

Still, movie looks promising. Hoping for the best with it. Love the art style. Also, BOOBA on Lola.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,265 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well, it's that and also, this is a sequel; you don't need to reintroduce every single character, minor or not, from the previous movie to make it legit. That mention was highly clickbaitable though.

Still, movie looks promising. Hoping for the best with it. Love the art style. Also, BOOBA on Lola.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 9th, 2021, 09:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You know the world is in a pretty sad state when what was originally just a funny skit about a skunk thinking a cat with a painted white stripe was a female skunk turns into "SeXuAl HaRrAsMeNt!!!" 

But that's the "woke" crowd for you. Very little intelligence, just a lot of yelling. Sadly companies tend to cave to the vocal minority. Cancerous cancel culture at its finest.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 9th, 2021, 09:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You know the world is in a pretty sad state when what was originally just a funny skit about a skunk thinking a cat with a painted white stripe was a female skunk turns into "SeXuAl HaRrAsMeNt!!!" 

But that's the "woke" crowd for you. Very little intelligence, just a lot of yelling. Sadly companies tend to cave to the vocal minority. Cancerous cancel culture at its finest.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think when the only use they had for the character in the movie was just a call out that's it good they just got rid of it. It doesn't add anything to do that when leaving the character out entirely could achieve a similar result without any problems. People will either think the character had nothing to do so wasn't in, not notice he isn't in, or be happy he wasn't in because they don't like him. It's far better than just shoehorning the character in for a call out that would probably feel forced and out of place in context of the rest of the movie.

That aside, the first trailer for the movie came out and it doesn't look bad. I'm a little on the fence because of WB flexing all their IP, and I think the villain is rather dull, along with their motive, but at least the humour is good and feels like Looney Tunes. I just wonder if this is supposed to be in the same universe the original movie happened in though, since the Looney Tunes don't act like they know basketball and the villain sending a basketball player to a group of characters that kicked ass the last time they played the game with a basketball player seems incredibly stupid to do. Other than it not having any connection to the first movie, another theory I saw was that since this takes place in cyberspace, these Looney Tunes are different because that's not where they exist in the first movie.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think when the only use they had for the character in the movie was just a call out that's it good they just got rid of it. It doesn't add anything to do that when leaving the character out entirely could achieve a similar result without any problems. People will either think the character had nothing to do so wasn't in, not notice he isn't in, or be happy he wasn't in because they don't like him. It's far better than just shoehorning the character in for a call out that would probably feel forced and out of place in context of the rest of the movie.

That aside, the first trailer for the movie came out and it doesn't look bad. I'm a little on the fence because of WB flexing all their IP, and I think the villain is rather dull, along with their motive, but at least the humour is good and feels like Looney Tunes. I just wonder if this is supposed to be in the same universe the original movie happened in though, since the Looney Tunes don't act like they know basketball and the villain sending a basketball player to a group of characters that kicked ass the last time they played the game with a basketball player seems incredibly stupid to do. Other than it not having any connection to the first movie, another theory I saw was that since this takes place in cyberspace, these Looney Tunes are different because that's not where they exist in the first movie.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't want to judge the movie by the trailer, but I felt no excitement from it. I didn't expect a mass crossover of their stuff, only wanted Looney Tunes, but then that "domain" they're in gives the excuse for the opportunity. No seeming connection to the first movie other than title alone is disappointing, but I can go with the theory that these Looney Tunes aren't the same as original Space Jam. I hope in the end I don't wish this wasn't made.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't want to judge the movie by the trailer, but I felt no excitement from it. I didn't expect a mass crossover of their stuff, only wanted Looney Tunes, but then that "domain" they're in gives the excuse for the opportunity. No seeming connection to the first movie other than title alone is disappointing, but I can go with the theory that these Looney Tunes aren't the same as original Space Jam. I hope in the end I don't wish this wasn't made.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A second trailer for the new Space Jam movie came out today, and shows off more Looney Tunes and new scenes:

I still really don't get why the villain is doing what they're doing; there still isn't any reasoning for it like there was for the villain of the original Space Jam. It just feels like he just wants to do it just because, I don't feel like he has anything to gain for it. I'm hoping the full movie gives him a decent reason. Still not really sold on the movie though; I think reviews are going to have to come out for me to decide how much I want to see it.

I also decided to watch the trailer for the original Space Jam just to see how it compares, and I guess these movies just never get good trailers because that one was worse than both of the trailers for the sequel. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A second trailer for the new Space Jam movie came out today, and shows off more Looney Tunes and new scenes:

I still really don't get why the villain is doing what they're doing; there still isn't any reasoning for it like there was for the villain of the original Space Jam. It just feels like he just wants to do it just because, I don't feel like he has anything to gain for it. I'm hoping the full movie gives him a decent reason. Still not really sold on the movie though; I think reviews are going to have to come out for me to decide how much I want to see it.

I also decided to watch the trailer for the original Space Jam just to see how it compares, and I guess these movies just never get good trailers because that one was worse than both of the trailers for the sequel. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ya know what, any attempt of me being sold on Space Jam 2 officially died just now. There is an entire segment of Porky Pig rapping as the Notorious P.I.G. and... *long sigh*

I don't think I can stomach this sort of content across an entire movie. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ya know what, any attempt of me being sold on Space Jam 2 officially died just now. There is an entire segment of Porky Pig rapping as the Notorious P.I.G. and... *long sigh*

I don't think I can stomach this sort of content across an entire movie. Sweat
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've probably forgotten completely if P.I.G. was a thing before this, and as much as I dislike rapping, if it's only for that period of time in the movie I could take it and just tolerate it. Anymore then I'll try to ignore it. But yeah, I can wait and see for reviews or if this Space Jam movie is shown on TV or Prime for free to watch it, but not something I'll definitely do, just maybe. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've probably forgotten completely if P.I.G. was a thing before this, and as much as I dislike rapping, if it's only for that period of time in the movie I could take it and just tolerate it. Anymore then I'll try to ignore it. But yeah, I can wait and see for reviews or if this Space Jam movie is shown on TV or Prime for free to watch it, but not something I'll definitely do, just maybe. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2021, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
As far as I know, it never was, since this is a parody of Notorious B.I.G. who wasn't around when Looney Tunes were being made and I can't see it being done for regular episodes where there isn't huge money to be made by doing it. At this point I expect there to be references to things shoved in everywhere in this movie, but not done well like in Wreck It Ralph. It's not the singular rap that bothers me but that I don't trust the movie to just be a giant ad promoting as much Warner Bros. shit as possible with Space Jam just being used as a reason to make it.

Also I never mentioned it here but might have in the Last Thing Watched thread, but A Quiet Place is a great pair of movies to watch. I saw the second part first when I went to Alabama, then watched the first part after I got back.

Here's a question for people to answer: is there any popular movie you've never watched? Are there any of those that you want to watch but just never got the chance to yet? I ask this because I mentioned at work today that I hadn't seen Pulp Fiction, and everyone who heard told me I need to watch it, and I really do want to but I've just never done so yet. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2021, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
As far as I know, it never was, since this is a parody of Notorious B.I.G. who wasn't around when Looney Tunes were being made and I can't see it being done for regular episodes where there isn't huge money to be made by doing it. At this point I expect there to be references to things shoved in everywhere in this movie, but not done well like in Wreck It Ralph. It's not the singular rap that bothers me but that I don't trust the movie to just be a giant ad promoting as much Warner Bros. shit as possible with Space Jam just being used as a reason to make it.

Also I never mentioned it here but might have in the Last Thing Watched thread, but A Quiet Place is a great pair of movies to watch. I saw the second part first when I went to Alabama, then watched the first part after I got back.

Here's a question for people to answer: is there any popular movie you've never watched? Are there any of those that you want to watch but just never got the chance to yet? I ask this because I mentioned at work today that I hadn't seen Pulp Fiction, and everyone who heard told me I need to watch it, and I really do want to but I've just never done so yet. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeaahh..., that'll put me off too, oof. XD Probably the one time I may take reviews seriously, and that's more so audience review than critical. The 16th isn't that far away.

I haven't seen Pulp Fiction either, The Godfather films, maybe not Fight Club, I don't think I've seen all of Back To The Future, but I definitely need to at least watch them all again, Bourne films (er Identity to Ultimatum), The Silence of the Lambs (a film I seriously want to see all the way through but not done yet), quite possibly more but can't think of them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeaahh..., that'll put me off too, oof. XD Probably the one time I may take reviews seriously, and that's more so audience review than critical. The 16th isn't that far away.

I haven't seen Pulp Fiction either, The Godfather films, maybe not Fight Club, I don't think I've seen all of Back To The Future, but I definitely need to at least watch them all again, Bourne films (er Identity to Ultimatum), The Silence of the Lambs (a film I seriously want to see all the way through but not done yet), quite possibly more but can't think of them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,265
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh shit, not seen Pulp Fiction? Cult classic. I'll trade you that movie for seeing The Warriors. We'll exchange movies one night @Moonface Wink

I missed out on a lot of classics that were rated about PG-13, sadly, due to my mom's restrictions on me growing up. Any films that released around the late 90's to mid-2000's were kinda missed on my part.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,265 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh shit, not seen Pulp Fiction? Cult classic. I'll trade you that movie for seeing The Warriors. We'll exchange movies one night @Moonface Wink

I missed out on a lot of classics that were rated about PG-13, sadly, due to my mom's restrictions on me growing up. Any films that released around the late 90's to mid-2000's were kinda missed on my part.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 4 85 May 3rd, 2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,914 1,651,057 May 2nd, 2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 18,127 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 46,210 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,720 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM