Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have a similar situation in my work PC. I managed to misplace the closing knob on the rest of the seat so it's... doing that. It's been fine so far! XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have a similar situation in my work PC. I managed to misplace the closing knob on the rest of the seat so it's... doing that. It's been fine so far! XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 5th, 2022, 01:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Dec 4th, 2022, 08:21 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You gonna see if you can get a longer cable or perhaps some sort of cable extension so you can house the drive properly?
As for OS cloning, I have no idea what that is but I guess you were duplicating/copying the existing OS on the hard drive already in the computer onto the new one? Is that because you're using the new one as the primary hard drive and the old one as just extra storage for things that don't require the speed of the SSD?

[Image: 20221201_225700.jpg]

The new drive is the bottom one. Nah, it's just gonna chill there; the extension I'd need is, like, 2 inches, so I don't think they make them that short. And yes, the cloning is exactly what you describe. Apparently, the recommended practice is SSD for OS, HDD for storage, and I had an HDD, so I needed to get the OS off the old drive while still making sure it was, you know, working. That had ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS GETTING IT TO WORK! But, I did, got into the BIOS to change the boot order so that it tried to boot of the new drive, and ot works, and it appears all my files are fine, as well, so all's well that ends well.
Ah, I thought it was gonna be hanging more than that. Better off just finding something to place under it for support so it isn't just suspended in the air like that. Tongue
I never knew it was actually a lot of work to transfer an OS. I just figured it was some simple process where you just tell Windows "Hey, I want you on this drive instead of this one" and then it'll just do what needs to be done. XD

(Dec 5th, 2022, 03:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I have no idea what you mean by this and I've been racking my brain over it for the last five minutes. Huh

Was hoping to have my final finished by now so I can get photos of it outside before nightfall, but it looks like that won't be happening. Fortunately I'm not presenting tomorrow so I do have tomorrow to finish up; if I was presenting however I would be in deep water right now. Suffer
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 5th, 2022, 01:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Dec 4th, 2022, 08:21 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You gonna see if you can get a longer cable or perhaps some sort of cable extension so you can house the drive properly?
As for OS cloning, I have no idea what that is but I guess you were duplicating/copying the existing OS on the hard drive already in the computer onto the new one? Is that because you're using the new one as the primary hard drive and the old one as just extra storage for things that don't require the speed of the SSD?

[Image: 20221201_225700.jpg]

The new drive is the bottom one. Nah, it's just gonna chill there; the extension I'd need is, like, 2 inches, so I don't think they make them that short. And yes, the cloning is exactly what you describe. Apparently, the recommended practice is SSD for OS, HDD for storage, and I had an HDD, so I needed to get the OS off the old drive while still making sure it was, you know, working. That had ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS GETTING IT TO WORK! But, I did, got into the BIOS to change the boot order so that it tried to boot of the new drive, and ot works, and it appears all my files are fine, as well, so all's well that ends well.
Ah, I thought it was gonna be hanging more than that. Better off just finding something to place under it for support so it isn't just suspended in the air like that. Tongue
I never knew it was actually a lot of work to transfer an OS. I just figured it was some simple process where you just tell Windows "Hey, I want you on this drive instead of this one" and then it'll just do what needs to be done. XD

(Dec 5th, 2022, 03:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I have no idea what you mean by this and I've been racking my brain over it for the last five minutes. Huh

Was hoping to have my final finished by now so I can get photos of it outside before nightfall, but it looks like that won't be happening. Fortunately I'm not presenting tomorrow so I do have tomorrow to finish up; if I was presenting however I would be in deep water right now. Suffer
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Dec 5th, 2022, 10:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, technically, there is: You can make a system image of your drive, and then reinstall windows using that system image. It's great! ...IF IT F***ING WORKED! Yeah, no, every time I tried, it gave me an error! So, yeah, third party software to clone the disk; it was FRUSTRATING!

Edit: Oh, silly me, forgot to mention that because the format of the Drive Partition was the wrong one, IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME! At least, I think that's the reason? I switched from MBR to GPT, and then it decided to actually booy rather than go through an infinite boot sequence.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Dec 5th, 2022, 10:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, technically, there is: You can make a system image of your drive, and then reinstall windows using that system image. It's great! ...IF IT F***ING WORKED! Yeah, no, every time I tried, it gave me an error! So, yeah, third party software to clone the disk; it was FRUSTRATING!

Edit: Oh, silly me, forgot to mention that because the format of the Drive Partition was the wrong one, IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME! At least, I think that's the reason? I switched from MBR to GPT, and then it decided to actually booy rather than go through an infinite boot sequence.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never understood why hard drives can be formatted in different ways. I guess that it's probably because certain files can only function on certain formats but I feel like if that's the case it would've been better for everyone to just make their stuff work on a single format just to make everything easier. Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never understood why hard drives can be formatted in different ways. I guess that it's probably because certain files can only function on certain formats but I feel like if that's the case it would've been better for everyone to just make their stuff work on a single format just to make everything easier. Rolleyes
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As of December 10th, 2022 at 6:30pm (local time), I have changed my username from WrestleRacer91 to BigUltraXCI.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As of December 10th, 2022 at 6:30pm (local time), I have changed my username from WrestleRacer91 to BigUltraXCI.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 11th, 2022, 12:32 AM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
What's your new username reference, if anything? I managed to figure that the XCI stands for 91, but that's as far as I got. XD

Also, I find it hard to think that Christmas is only two weeks away now. I have to keep reminding myself how close it is so I don't procrastinate on any Christmas shopping I want to do before it gets too late. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 11th, 2022, 12:32 AM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
What's your new username reference, if anything? I managed to figure that the XCI stands for 91, but that's as far as I got. XD

Also, I find it hard to think that Christmas is only two weeks away now. I have to keep reminding myself how close it is so I don't procrastinate on any Christmas shopping I want to do before it gets too late. Errm
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Hi all, now that pesky Monday is out of the way, I hope you all have a great week! Grin Smile
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Hi all, now that pesky Monday is out of the way, I hope you all have a great week! Grin Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aye, Monday gone, so two days off for me. Won't be the same next week though, just got the Tuesday off. Should get the start of our Xmas stock for my department when I go back in on Friday, well I go in Thursday but I'm down for a long day on Friday so I assume that's when things really start for the weekend before Xmas weekend. Stock started to go up yesterday too as we had more over from delivery as what was considered "usual" for the last like two or more months now.

Got some Xmas shopping to do left, well I think two things for gifts then some snacks for myself that comes out during Xmas time anyway.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aye, Monday gone, so two days off for me. Won't be the same next week though, just got the Tuesday off. Should get the start of our Xmas stock for my department when I go back in on Friday, well I go in Thursday but I'm down for a long day on Friday so I assume that's when things really start for the weekend before Xmas weekend. Stock started to go up yesterday too as we had more over from delivery as what was considered "usual" for the last like two or more months now.

Got some Xmas shopping to do left, well I think two things for gifts then some snacks for myself that comes out during Xmas time anyway.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uuuuugh, I've got to figure out what to get my family for Christmas, don't I? Craaaaaaaaap! Well, I have an idea for Mom and Dad, but after that, what the hell do I get for my sisters?! I don't even know what to do!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uuuuugh, I've got to figure out what to get my family for Christmas, don't I? Craaaaaaaaap! Well, I have an idea for Mom and Dad, but after that, what the hell do I get for my sisters?! I don't even know what to do!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I ordered that nice new TV and that nice new chair, both of which are scheduled to be delivered Wednesday (holy crap SecretLabs works fast, had that chair shipped out within 8 hours of my order being placed), and of course Minnesota decides to Minnesota and be like, "Yeah, there's going to be a fuckton of snow and a bunch of ice on top of it from Tuesday through Thursday."

We'll see if my deliveries get delayed, but either way it's not gonna be fun for those delivery drivers having to haul those huge boxes up my porch steps when everything is going to be covered in ice. Hopefully the deliveries will be late morning/early afternoon, so that I can go out and help them bring them up to my door, while also not having to sacrifice all of my sleep time. I have to sign for the TV (and probably the chair), so I can't sleep until they arrive.

Well, first I have to just hope I can even get home tomorrow morning, haha. Not sure how bad it's supposed to get by 6 AM, but it's not gonna be pretty for the next few days. Already preparing to miss work Thursday night because that's when it's supposed to get REALLY bad (8+ inches of snow and lots of ice).
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I ordered that nice new TV and that nice new chair, both of which are scheduled to be delivered Wednesday (holy crap SecretLabs works fast, had that chair shipped out within 8 hours of my order being placed), and of course Minnesota decides to Minnesota and be like, "Yeah, there's going to be a fuckton of snow and a bunch of ice on top of it from Tuesday through Thursday."

We'll see if my deliveries get delayed, but either way it's not gonna be fun for those delivery drivers having to haul those huge boxes up my porch steps when everything is going to be covered in ice. Hopefully the deliveries will be late morning/early afternoon, so that I can go out and help them bring them up to my door, while also not having to sacrifice all of my sleep time. I have to sign for the TV (and probably the chair), so I can't sleep until they arrive.

Well, first I have to just hope I can even get home tomorrow morning, haha. Not sure how bad it's supposed to get by 6 AM, but it's not gonna be pretty for the next few days. Already preparing to miss work Thursday night because that's when it's supposed to get REALLY bad (8+ inches of snow and lots of ice).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 13th, 2022, 04:05 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
For me the pesky day of the week might have been today with an unexpected 11 hour shift. x.x

(Dec 13th, 2022, 01:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm curious which Christmas/seasonal snacks they are. Especially since I've forgotten most of the things that come out in the UK besides the copious amounts of chocolates. Tongue

(Dec 13th, 2022, 04:13 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My best suggestion is to think of something they could find useful in their day to day. That's what I've been trying to do for gift ideas when all else has been failing me. LOL

(Dec 13th, 2022, 08:12 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

If the snow isn't gonna be falling during that particular day maybe you could try sweeping/shoveling some of the snow off the porch area so that way if they come earlier than you expect they maybe won't need your help as much? Depends on how much work it would be to clear the way for them in advance I guess. Sweat
Hopefully you manage to get home safely, since snow can be a bastard to drive on especially when it's the first fresh snow. It'll be even better if there's not many drivers about at that time who might screw up driving in it and pose a hazard to you.

Speaking of snow, I heard that it apparently snowed in London the other day judging by a video I saw online of someone commuting into the city and showing the snowy scenes out the train window. If it did indeed snow that might be the earliest I know of it happening, especially close to London. It's rare London gets snow due to being warmer because of all the buildings and such. I'm only doubting it because I feel my parents would've mentioned it to me and @Mr EliteL hasn't brought it up at all. Hmm

Anyway, holy heck I did not expect to work an 11 hour shift today. I was hoping to be out after like 6-7 hours and I still have one last piece of homework to do for this semester that's due tonight. x.x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 13th, 2022, 04:05 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
For me the pesky day of the week might have been today with an unexpected 11 hour shift. x.x

(Dec 13th, 2022, 01:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm curious which Christmas/seasonal snacks they are. Especially since I've forgotten most of the things that come out in the UK besides the copious amounts of chocolates. Tongue

(Dec 13th, 2022, 04:13 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
My best suggestion is to think of something they could find useful in their day to day. That's what I've been trying to do for gift ideas when all else has been failing me. LOL

(Dec 13th, 2022, 08:12 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

If the snow isn't gonna be falling during that particular day maybe you could try sweeping/shoveling some of the snow off the porch area so that way if they come earlier than you expect they maybe won't need your help as much? Depends on how much work it would be to clear the way for them in advance I guess. Sweat
Hopefully you manage to get home safely, since snow can be a bastard to drive on especially when it's the first fresh snow. It'll be even better if there's not many drivers about at that time who might screw up driving in it and pose a hazard to you.

Speaking of snow, I heard that it apparently snowed in London the other day judging by a video I saw online of someone commuting into the city and showing the snowy scenes out the train window. If it did indeed snow that might be the earliest I know of it happening, especially close to London. It's rare London gets snow due to being warmer because of all the buildings and such. I'm only doubting it because I feel my parents would've mentioned it to me and @Mr EliteL hasn't brought it up at all. Hmm

Anyway, holy heck I did not expect to work an 11 hour shift today. I was hoping to be out after like 6-7 hours and I still have one last piece of homework to do for this semester that's due tonight. x.x
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can shovel the snow ye, but unfortunately nothing is going to do much about the ice.

Unfortunately 6 AM is pretty much the time that most people start commuting to the city I work in, so there's going to be lots of traffic. We just gotta hope everyone will be driving smart. I went into the ditch on my way home Saturday morning (yay black ice and high winds!), so I'd rather avoid having a repeat of that experience, haha.

My tracking for both of those items now say they arrive Thursday, so there's already been a delay in delivery. I'd actually be 100% okay if I see that get pushed to Friday or Saturday at this point, as Thursday is going to be the worst day of it all according to weather reports.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can shovel the snow ye, but unfortunately nothing is going to do much about the ice.

Unfortunately 6 AM is pretty much the time that most people start commuting to the city I work in, so there's going to be lots of traffic. We just gotta hope everyone will be driving smart. I went into the ditch on my way home Saturday morning (yay black ice and high winds!), so I'd rather avoid having a repeat of that experience, haha.

My tracking for both of those items now say they arrive Thursday, so there's already been a delay in delivery. I'd actually be 100% okay if I see that get pushed to Friday or Saturday at this point, as Thursday is going to be the worst day of it all according to weather reports.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
One thing I'm grateful for Florida for: not having to drive in ice/snow. Errm With the way these people drive on normal conditions, I can't imagine the absolute mayhem of there being actual hazardous conditions. Errm Anyway, please be safe DL, and hopefully delivery drivers are safe as well.

Hoping I won't need to but I may do some overtime on the weekend. Not only to get ahead (our week off between Christmas and New Year's still has work that must occur then) but also to rack up some overtime I desperately need. Finances are... impressively tight right now. I won't get paid again til next Friday, and I'm really hoping I don't have any more bill payments between now and then cuz Monkas
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
One thing I'm grateful for Florida for: not having to drive in ice/snow. Errm With the way these people drive on normal conditions, I can't imagine the absolute mayhem of there being actual hazardous conditions. Errm Anyway, please be safe DL, and hopefully delivery drivers are safe as well.

Hoping I won't need to but I may do some overtime on the weekend. Not only to get ahead (our week off between Christmas and New Year's still has work that must occur then) but also to rack up some overtime I desperately need. Finances are... impressively tight right now. I won't get paid again til next Friday, and I'm really hoping I don't have any more bill payments between now and then cuz Monkas
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 14th, 2022, 03:47 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah. The only solution I know for ice is that grit stuff that usually gets put onto the roads by the local council or whatever prior to the snowfall so that less snow lays on the roads. Not sure if there's a consumer variant of that stuff since in the UK we were lucky for the council to have enough grit themselves for the roads, let alone any being spare for residents to have on them to use.
Shout out to the one year the local council where I lived in England threw all the grit out for a snowfall that didn't come until 3 weeks later, resulting in no grit when that came and bringing the entire county to a halt for weeks on end. Wasn't helped that I think that was the year England got snow so bad it was visible from the ISS. ROFL

Aww, shame you don't live outside the city but work inside, since then you'd probably be taking roads opposite to what most other people would take. That's how it is for me if I leave work early enough, as more people will be taking the turnpike to Orlando rather than Miami so traffic on my side is significantly lighter.
Oh dang! I'm writing my reply as I'm reading your post so just reached the ditch part. I'm guessing it wasn't one of those deep ditches and that you got the car out relatively easily and without any damage and such? If anyone drove into a ditch where I lived in the UK I can assure you that you'd be calling a tow truck to come get you out of it. XD

(Dec 15th, 2022, 04:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Florida is bad enough with rain, if there was snow I don't think I'd actually dare get in my car without writing my last will and testament beforehand. Can't say how this states drivers handle fog, since whenever I've driven in dense fog it's like 4am so no one is really out driving except the people who are all generally used to seeing it and knowing what to do. Probably helps that most 4am drivers are not going to be any of the old farts that live in Florida who the majority of shouldn't be allowed to drive even if they were the only car on an empty six-lane highway. Errm
Well, on the bright side I'm at least getting more hours right now due to lack of school and my coworker calling me yesterday to tell me she's been told by doctors to take the next six days off which leaves me to cover her, and while I have no clue if that extra cash I'll be getting is enough it'll at least be helpful to some degree. Unsure

Random thought I had that I dunno where else to really put (guess that's why UCT exists I guess lol), I wonder if there'll ever be a new Christmas hit song again or not. I feel like every big Christmas song is one from ages ago and that the only new stuff now is just covers of those songs, because I can't think of any Christmas songs that are brand new from any recent time. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 14th, 2022, 03:47 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah. The only solution I know for ice is that grit stuff that usually gets put onto the roads by the local council or whatever prior to the snowfall so that less snow lays on the roads. Not sure if there's a consumer variant of that stuff since in the UK we were lucky for the council to have enough grit themselves for the roads, let alone any being spare for residents to have on them to use.
Shout out to the one year the local council where I lived in England threw all the grit out for a snowfall that didn't come until 3 weeks later, resulting in no grit when that came and bringing the entire county to a halt for weeks on end. Wasn't helped that I think that was the year England got snow so bad it was visible from the ISS. ROFL

Aww, shame you don't live outside the city but work inside, since then you'd probably be taking roads opposite to what most other people would take. That's how it is for me if I leave work early enough, as more people will be taking the turnpike to Orlando rather than Miami so traffic on my side is significantly lighter.
Oh dang! I'm writing my reply as I'm reading your post so just reached the ditch part. I'm guessing it wasn't one of those deep ditches and that you got the car out relatively easily and without any damage and such? If anyone drove into a ditch where I lived in the UK I can assure you that you'd be calling a tow truck to come get you out of it. XD

(Dec 15th, 2022, 04:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Florida is bad enough with rain, if there was snow I don't think I'd actually dare get in my car without writing my last will and testament beforehand. Can't say how this states drivers handle fog, since whenever I've driven in dense fog it's like 4am so no one is really out driving except the people who are all generally used to seeing it and knowing what to do. Probably helps that most 4am drivers are not going to be any of the old farts that live in Florida who the majority of shouldn't be allowed to drive even if they were the only car on an empty six-lane highway. Errm
Well, on the bright side I'm at least getting more hours right now due to lack of school and my coworker calling me yesterday to tell me she's been told by doctors to take the next six days off which leaves me to cover her, and while I have no clue if that extra cash I'll be getting is enough it'll at least be helpful to some degree. Unsure

Random thought I had that I dunno where else to really put (guess that's why UCT exists I guess lol), I wonder if there'll ever be a new Christmas hit song again or not. I feel like every big Christmas song is one from ages ago and that the only new stuff now is just covers of those songs, because I can't think of any Christmas songs that are brand new from any recent time. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot to mention about the snow, although where I am we got next to nothing, some odd areas and small patches of very thin snow but that's about it. Probably why I didn't bother talking about that. XD Other places did get snow though, and saw what Basildon had today which was a fair amount. Had gone down so might have been deep when the snow first fully settled a couple days ago.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot to mention about the snow, although where I am we got next to nothing, some odd areas and small patches of very thin snow but that's about it. Probably why I didn't bother talking about that. XD Other places did get snow though, and saw what Basildon had today which was a fair amount. Had gone down so might have been deep when the snow first fully settled a couple days ago.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,536 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,562 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,225 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,073 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,757 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM