Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy Birthday Moony! Hope today is great, whatever you get to do for it. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 16th, 2022, 11:35 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks! I went into work for a few hours to help out and since I was gonna be out by 9am it wouldn't take away any time from my day off really. Came home to a donut and a sliced tangerine courtesy of Shira for breakfast and since my laptop wants to update, I've just been playing on the PS5 so far at home today. Finished getting the speedrun trophy in Stray which also earned me the Platinum trophy, and just started up Kena: Bridge of Spirits and although it's only been about ten minutes so far the game has a really neat charm and vibe to it. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 16th, 2022, 11:35 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks! I went into work for a few hours to help out and since I was gonna be out by 9am it wouldn't take away any time from my day off really. Came home to a donut and a sliced tangerine courtesy of Shira for breakfast and since my laptop wants to update, I've just been playing on the PS5 so far at home today. Finished getting the speedrun trophy in Stray which also earned me the Platinum trophy, and just started up Kena: Bridge of Spirits and although it's only been about ten minutes so far the game has a really neat charm and vibe to it. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Happy birfday, Moony. Congrats on being one year older and stuff. My brain is mush, so I'm struggling for things to say.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Happy birfday, Moony. Congrats on being one year older and stuff. My brain is mush, so I'm struggling for things to say.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you @Maniakkid25! And it's okay if you can't think of more to say besides wishing me a good one, which it was. Smile

Besides doing what I had already mentioned in my last post, I got gifts from Shira once she got home, which were the following: We then had wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and watched The Bob's Burgers Movie for the night. I was originally wanting to watch The Raid 2 but it's a two and a half hour long movie and it was already getting late to put that on, so we just went with The Bob's Burgers Movie since it was shorter. Good movie even if you don't really watch the show much. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you @Maniakkid25! And it's okay if you can't think of more to say besides wishing me a good one, which it was. Smile

Besides doing what I had already mentioned in my last post, I got gifts from Shira once she got home, which were the following: We then had wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and watched The Bob's Burgers Movie for the night. I was originally wanting to watch The Raid 2 but it's a two and a half hour long movie and it was already getting late to put that on, so we just went with The Bob's Burgers Movie since it was shorter. Good movie even if you don't really watch the show much. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oop, missed wishing you a happy birthday here. Oh well. Seems like you enjoyed your day anyway which is good. Hoping this weekend is good, too, for what my mom has in store! ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oop, missed wishing you a happy birthday here. Oh well. Seems like you enjoyed your day anyway which is good. Hoping this weekend is good, too, for what my mom has in store! ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha, them Crash phone charms are neat, didn't know they exist, just knew about the phone holder being a thing. Good day and more to look forward to tomorrow/Sunday. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Haha, them Crash phone charms are neat, didn't know they exist, just knew about the phone holder being a thing. Good day and more to look forward to tomorrow/Sunday. Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birthday Moony! <3 I hope you had a great one I wished you one on discord, but I figured I'd come wish you a happy birthday on here too (LATE BUT IT STILL COUNTS)
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birthday Moony! <3 I hope you had a great one I wished you one on discord, but I figured I'd come wish you a happy birthday on here too (LATE BUT IT STILL COUNTS)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 18th, 2022, 06:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
How dare you. As if wishing it to me in person remotely substitutes for wishing it to me here... Glare

(Nov 18th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I probably saw them some time in the past but I tend to usually ignore all that blind bag style stuff because if I want all of them it's never going to be easy to get them all.

As for what I got for the weekend for you and anyone else curious, Shira's mum baked me cakes using my mum's recipe, which makes this the first time I've had cake that my mum would make for me since I left England (I had the recipe, was just too lazy to ever make the cakes myself lol). They came out really good, although unfortunately the icing melting off of the cupcakes so they're a little less good now. Still good mind you. Tongue

(Nov 20th, 2022, 09:16 AM)Karo Wrote:
Thank you Karo! ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 18th, 2022, 06:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
How dare you. As if wishing it to me in person remotely substitutes for wishing it to me here... Glare

(Nov 18th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I probably saw them some time in the past but I tend to usually ignore all that blind bag style stuff because if I want all of them it's never going to be easy to get them all.

As for what I got for the weekend for you and anyone else curious, Shira's mum baked me cakes using my mum's recipe, which makes this the first time I've had cake that my mum would make for me since I left England (I had the recipe, was just too lazy to ever make the cakes myself lol). They came out really good, although unfortunately the icing melting off of the cupcakes so they're a little less good now. Still good mind you. Tongue

(Nov 20th, 2022, 09:16 AM)Karo Wrote:
Thank you Karo! ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah that's cool and sweet your mum's recipe was shared over there so you get to have them once again. Grin Did you show Shira's mum the recipe or was it shared across Facebook to her by your parents or when we visited in '18?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah that's cool and sweet your mum's recipe was shared over there so you get to have them once again. Grin Did you show Shira's mum the recipe or was it shared across Facebook to her by your parents or when we visited in '18?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 12:31 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
She wrote me the recipe and gave it to me either in a package she sent me or when she came over for the wedding, so Shira just took a photo of the paper and sent it to her mum. I may have even had it as soon as I left the country since I know I would have wanted the recipe, but I really can't remember. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 12:31 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
She wrote me the recipe and gave it to me either in a package she sent me or when she came over for the wedding, so Shira just took a photo of the paper and sent it to her mum. I may have even had it as soon as I left the country since I know I would have wanted the recipe, but I really can't remember. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
How's your Christmas planning coming along? Got ourselves a shiny new game to put under the tree? Grin
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
How's your Christmas planning coming along? Got ourselves a shiny new game to put under the tree? Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 23rd, 2022, 01:22 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
It hasn't really progressed since I made this post earlier today in UCT:

(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Dec 21st, 2022, 02:30 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Looks like its just a couple days from Christmas. 
Anyone have any plans?
I haven't even got any Christmas decorations up yet so that should be enough to show how great my handling of Christmas this year is going. ROFL 
The best I can say in terms of actual planning being done is I've lost count at this point how many Amazon packages have come to our front door courtesy of @ShiraNoMai. I think she literally lives on that website this month. LOL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 23rd, 2022, 01:22 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
It hasn't really progressed since I made this post earlier today in UCT:

(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Dec 21st, 2022, 02:30 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Looks like its just a couple days from Christmas. 
Anyone have any plans?
I haven't even got any Christmas decorations up yet so that should be enough to show how great my handling of Christmas this year is going. ROFL 
The best I can say in terms of actual planning being done is I've lost count at this point how many Amazon packages have come to our front door courtesy of @ShiraNoMai. I think she literally lives on that website this month. LOL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What is something you hope to see made better with the mechanics of LoZ Breath of the Wild: Tears of the Kingdom, either game play wise or tool wise?? (Just curious mostly.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What is something you hope to see made better with the mechanics of LoZ Breath of the Wild: Tears of the Kingdom, either game play wise or tool wise?? (Just curious mostly.)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 4th, 2023, 07:01 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Hmm...
Although there is now the ability to warp upwards through ceilings, I hope that climbing has been tweaked to not be such a nightmare when it rains. Especially now that a lack of Revali's Gale means there isn't a quick way to ascend a tall cliff unless there's a spot to warp through it, but I know there was a lot of areas on BotW that did not feature overhangs on the cliffs. Even with RG some of the cliffs in the game were a nightmare to scale if it was raining, and passing time wasn't an option to skip the rain because a lot of the time there was nowhere to set up a campfire without the rain putting it out, and if we couldn't set up a campfire to pass time under a cliff during the rain then there's not gonna be a spot to use the warp ability either in that situation.

I also hope cooking is improved over BotW too; while there were a lot of recipes, it was usually most efficient to cook up durian's or banana's because they would make up full heals + bonus hearts, and it was easy to farm them once you reached the Faron (jungle) region. I'd also like a way to keep a record of discovered recipes too because having them on the walls of the inns was pointless when you would need to memorize it for when you'd eventually get the ingredients needed for the recipe, and checking a recipe list online wasn't worth the effort when again, durian's and banana's can carry any combination of ingredients you cook up.

Not too sure what changes could be made to tools, since we're losing Sheikah Slate abilities and I expect any changes made to the weapon system are entirely within the new crafting mechanic instead of improving anything that already existed. Assuming I'm not forgetting anything else I don't think there's any other tools in BotW for me to find a potential improvement. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 4th, 2023, 07:01 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Hmm...
Although there is now the ability to warp upwards through ceilings, I hope that climbing has been tweaked to not be such a nightmare when it rains. Especially now that a lack of Revali's Gale means there isn't a quick way to ascend a tall cliff unless there's a spot to warp through it, but I know there was a lot of areas on BotW that did not feature overhangs on the cliffs. Even with RG some of the cliffs in the game were a nightmare to scale if it was raining, and passing time wasn't an option to skip the rain because a lot of the time there was nowhere to set up a campfire without the rain putting it out, and if we couldn't set up a campfire to pass time under a cliff during the rain then there's not gonna be a spot to use the warp ability either in that situation.

I also hope cooking is improved over BotW too; while there were a lot of recipes, it was usually most efficient to cook up durian's or banana's because they would make up full heals + bonus hearts, and it was easy to farm them once you reached the Faron (jungle) region. I'd also like a way to keep a record of discovered recipes too because having them on the walls of the inns was pointless when you would need to memorize it for when you'd eventually get the ingredients needed for the recipe, and checking a recipe list online wasn't worth the effort when again, durian's and banana's can carry any combination of ingredients you cook up.

Not too sure what changes could be made to tools, since we're losing Sheikah Slate abilities and I expect any changes made to the weapon system are entirely within the new crafting mechanic instead of improving anything that already existed. Assuming I'm not forgetting anything else I don't think there's any other tools in BotW for me to find a potential improvement. Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Thank you for your kind words involving the loss of my father-in-law.

Question: what's one thing you're afraid to face as you grow older?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Thank you for your kind words involving the loss of my father-in-law.

Question: what's one thing you're afraid to face as you grow older?