Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Tekken 8 | Hwoarang Gameplay Trailer

He's looking really good with the new moves and outfit. Hair is fine but do prefer his past hairstyles, then again it does remind me of his T4 look (not the military outfit).
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Tekken 8 | Hwoarang Gameplay Trailer

He's looking really good with the new moves and outfit. Hair is fine but do prefer his past hairstyles, then again it does remind me of his T4 look (not the military outfit).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hwoarang: "You're pissing me off. Take some brain damage to the back of the head and a broken face when you hit the ground."

I'm so happy to see they ditched that god awful look he had in T7 with the eyepatch. Easily one of my most disliked appearance changes for any character in Tekken when I saw that. Not that it would matter to me anyway because any time I try to use Hwoarang I spend an eternity stance swapping because I forgot how he controls so I just look like I'm challenging the Mishima Zaibatsu to a dance off. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hwoarang: "You're pissing me off. Take some brain damage to the back of the head and a broken face when you hit the ground."

I'm so happy to see they ditched that god awful look he had in T7 with the eyepatch. Easily one of my most disliked appearance changes for any character in Tekken when I saw that. Not that it would matter to me anyway because any time I try to use Hwoarang I spend an eternity stance swapping because I forgot how he controls so I just look like I'm challenging the Mishima Zaibatsu to a dance off. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, that look Hwoarang had in T7 was bad, it sort of made sense as he gets injured in his episode but he's obviously fine in T8. The rest of the outfit with the eyepatch and awful hair colours he randomly got just didn't suit him really. At least he had his normal biker outfit as the alternate though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, that look Hwoarang had in T7 was bad, it sort of made sense as he gets injured in his episode but he's obviously fine in T8. The rest of the outfit with the eyepatch and awful hair colours he randomly got just didn't suit him really. At least he had his normal biker outfit as the alternate though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 16th, 2023, 02:48 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I have mine about still, my bro must've taken his ones as I don't have them, not sure what sister has done with her's. Mine are up on my high shelf in my room, King lying down as he's a bit too tall and so is True Ogre, but Jin and Yoshimitsu are on their stands.
The eyepatch is probably the only thing I would have liked and kept from his default T7 outfit; the change in hair colour and the rest of the outfit can all go in the trash though. I even looked on his Wiki page and can't seem to see a reason why he gets such a drastic appearance change, nor why it's his default appearance when his in-game cutscenes all use the appearance he's always had (assuming those cutscenes are pre-rendered and so don't use the players chosen outfit). Why would an outfit based upon what happens after his T7 ending cutscene be the one that's his Slot 1 in that same game?! Doh Huh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 16th, 2023, 02:48 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I have mine about still, my bro must've taken his ones as I don't have them, not sure what sister has done with her's. Mine are up on my high shelf in my room, King lying down as he's a bit too tall and so is True Ogre, but Jin and Yoshimitsu are on their stands.
The eyepatch is probably the only thing I would have liked and kept from his default T7 outfit; the change in hair colour and the rest of the outfit can all go in the trash though. I even looked on his Wiki page and can't seem to see a reason why he gets such a drastic appearance change, nor why it's his default appearance when his in-game cutscenes all use the appearance he's always had (assuming those cutscenes are pre-rendered and so don't use the players chosen outfit). Why would an outfit based upon what happens after his T7 ending cutscene be the one that's his Slot 1 in that same game?! Doh Huh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe the cutscenes do use a set outfit, so it would be the familiar costume of Hwoarang's. Yeah, doesn't make sense the new one is the default other than the fact it was the latest design.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe the cutscenes do use a set outfit, so it would be the familiar costume of Hwoarang's. Yeah, doesn't make sense the new one is the default other than the fact it was the latest design.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2023, 02:11 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That's incredibly stupid to do then and his new outfit should've been a secondary one instead; although even then just keep the eyepatch. Hell I'd rather it have been an unlockable cosmetic piece for him upon completing his arcade campaign so it can go onto any outfit of his if a player wants to use it for the newly established (although now ditched apparently) canon.

I wonder now if anyone else gets a design in T7 that's based on events in their end cutscenes for that game like Hwoarang or if he's randomly the only one. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2023, 02:11 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That's incredibly stupid to do then and his new outfit should've been a secondary one instead; although even then just keep the eyepatch. Hell I'd rather it have been an unlockable cosmetic piece for him upon completing his arcade campaign so it can go onto any outfit of his if a player wants to use it for the newly established (although now ditched apparently) canon.

I wonder now if anyone else gets a design in T7 that's based on events in their end cutscenes for that game like Hwoarang or if he's randomly the only one. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hwoarang's eyepatch can be used in customisation for any outfit or custom made one, but yeah as an unlockable that would've been better for it.

Only Jin comes to mind as he starts in what Devil Jin is wearing, and we don't see him in his T7 outfit until the final scene, which is completely pointless as he now has the new T8 outfit. XD However he does wear his T7 costume in Miguel's Character Episode, the only one we see Jin in. So Jin canonically wears that in two brief moments, one instance may not be canon as he spends the majority of T7 unconscious, then wakes up with the resolve to go after Kazuya and doesn't seem like the Miguel interaction has time to happen. Would make sense if Miguel found Jin before Hwoarang or Lars do. Jin himself didn't have that particular outfit until a number of patches in so the only way to play with that costume was playing as Devil Jin.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hwoarang's eyepatch can be used in customisation for any outfit or custom made one, but yeah as an unlockable that would've been better for it.

Only Jin comes to mind as he starts in what Devil Jin is wearing, and we don't see him in his T7 outfit until the final scene, which is completely pointless as he now has the new T8 outfit. XD However he does wear his T7 costume in Miguel's Character Episode, the only one we see Jin in. So Jin canonically wears that in two brief moments, one instance may not be canon as he spends the majority of T7 unconscious, then wakes up with the resolve to go after Kazuya and doesn't seem like the Miguel interaction has time to happen. Would make sense if Miguel found Jin before Hwoarang or Lars do. Jin himself didn't have that particular outfit until a number of patches in so the only way to play with that costume was playing as Devil Jin.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 23rd, 2023, 08:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hmm, I'm actually conflicted on this one compared to Hwoarang. While it would make sense for Jin to have his Vagabond outfit as his default, if he remains unconscious canonically until he changes into his P1 attire then technically he isn't fighting anyone in the Vagabond attire for the "tournament" (writing it that way because I don't think Jin actually enters it officially in T7).

I was also curious if anyone else got their T4 outfit back in T7 like Jin does, but stopped after seeing Paul got this as an appearance choice in Tekken Mobile: https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Paul_Phoe...urnament_2
I get the impression it heavily inspired his T8 appearance although that render image makes his hair look way too neat and clean looking for the rest of his rugged demeanor. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 23rd, 2023, 08:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hmm, I'm actually conflicted on this one compared to Hwoarang. While it would make sense for Jin to have his Vagabond outfit as his default, if he remains unconscious canonically until he changes into his P1 attire then technically he isn't fighting anyone in the Vagabond attire for the "tournament" (writing it that way because I don't think Jin actually enters it officially in T7).

I was also curious if anyone else got their T4 outfit back in T7 like Jin does, but stopped after seeing Paul got this as an appearance choice in Tekken Mobile: https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Paul_Phoe...urnament_2
I get the impression it heavily inspired his T8 appearance although that render image makes his hair look way too neat and clean looking for the rest of his rugged demeanor. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface: Yeah, I kinda forgot about the new outfits in the Tekken mobile game. That Paul one does seem like it could've contributed to the T8 design, I would prefer the hair though and would just need make the hair a bit dirty looking.

Although it was leaked earlier, I waited to see this in the Combo Breaker tournament today, luckily they put it out before Top 8 begun so I can go to bed, don't want to stay up to like 2AM, anyway:

Tekken 8 | Bryan Fury Gameplay Trailer

Looking as maniacal as ever, Bryan's back! Do enjoy watching him just wanting to wreck everything he comes across. That Rage Art of him locking in on his opponent then launching himself at them is cool, but really thought he'd have a weapon in his moveset either similar to Nina/Law or in his Rage Art. Perhaps he still might so we just didn't see it, but it also makes sense he'd stick to just using his fists and legs to attack anyway.

There was also a short gameplay footage of every character announced so far showing off a combo with the heat system, put together quickly to make up for Bryan getting leaked. Harada on Twitter made a comment about Bandai Namco Europe screwing up using a timer for the trailer which caused the leak. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface: Yeah, I kinda forgot about the new outfits in the Tekken mobile game. That Paul one does seem like it could've contributed to the T8 design, I would prefer the hair though and would just need make the hair a bit dirty looking.

Although it was leaked earlier, I waited to see this in the Combo Breaker tournament today, luckily they put it out before Top 8 begun so I can go to bed, don't want to stay up to like 2AM, anyway:

Tekken 8 | Bryan Fury Gameplay Trailer

Looking as maniacal as ever, Bryan's back! Do enjoy watching him just wanting to wreck everything he comes across. That Rage Art of him locking in on his opponent then launching himself at them is cool, but really thought he'd have a weapon in his moveset either similar to Nina/Law or in his Rage Art. Perhaps he still might so we just didn't see it, but it also makes sense he'd stick to just using his fists and legs to attack anyway.

There was also a short gameplay footage of every character announced so far showing off a combo with the heat system, put together quickly to make up for Bryan getting leaked. Harada on Twitter made a comment about Bandai Namco Europe screwing up using a timer for the trailer which caused the leak. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't even know about the leak of Bryan's trailer but at least it seems to have happened due to a timing error and not someone putting it out without permission like most leaks are.

I like that Bryan has an interaction with Paul and given there isn't really any history between them I hope it implies there will be a lot of interactions between characters who don't really have much to do with each other but share traits, such as how Paul and Bryan both want to demonstrate strength with their fists.

Also if this was in earlier trailers I never noticed it but I like the stagger animations of the opponent on certain moves where Paul was shown dazed or holding his stomach after a hit.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't even know about the leak of Bryan's trailer but at least it seems to have happened due to a timing error and not someone putting it out without permission like most leaks are.

I like that Bryan has an interaction with Paul and given there isn't really any history between them I hope it implies there will be a lot of interactions between characters who don't really have much to do with each other but share traits, such as how Paul and Bryan both want to demonstrate strength with their fists.

Also if this was in earlier trailers I never noticed it but I like the stagger animations of the opponent on certain moves where Paul was shown dazed or holding his stomach after a hit.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Closed Network Test & Claudio Reveal

16 characters plus 5 stages to try out in the comfort of your own home? Come pre-register to get a chance to be selected for the Closed Network Test. The Test will commence on July 21st 10AM CEST until the 24th 9AM CEST for PS5 only (Maintenance for 3 hours July 21st 10PM-1AM), then 28th to 31st July for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam (Maintenance for 3 hours 29th 10AM-1PM CEST).

Registrations close June 28th 10AM CEST.
Register Here
--

I've already registered, and dang I am happy to see Claudio return, I wasn't expecting anyone new to show up in this announcement. Quite stoked about the Network Test, PLEASE let me in dang it! Lee might not be in yet but I'm very interested in trying out at least Lili, Xiaoyu, King and Claudio...er Jin, Lars, Jun...ah screw it, all of them! XD First four the most though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Closed Network Test & Claudio Reveal

16 characters plus 5 stages to try out in the comfort of your own home? Come pre-register to get a chance to be selected for the Closed Network Test. The Test will commence on July 21st 10AM CEST until the 24th 9AM CEST for PS5 only (Maintenance for 3 hours July 21st 10PM-1AM), then 28th to 31st July for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam (Maintenance for 3 hours 29th 10AM-1PM CEST).

Registrations close June 28th 10AM CEST.
Register Here
--

I've already registered, and dang I am happy to see Claudio return, I wasn't expecting anyone new to show up in this announcement. Quite stoked about the Network Test, PLEASE let me in dang it! Lee might not be in yet but I'm very interested in trying out at least Lili, Xiaoyu, King and Claudio...er Jin, Lars, Jun...ah screw it, all of them! XD First four the most though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hadn't watched that trailer until now since I didn't think it would have much gameplay nor even a character reveal, so it was nice to come in here and discover I had missed out on a trailer that had stuff even for someone like me who isn't really interested in the network test. I wonder how many people will pick Jun just because she's "new" compared to everyone else. I also wonder if this test will have the issue Street Fighter 6 had where after that games test was done, people were still managing to access it and play the game. It flew a bit under the radar that it happened since I only saw Capcom bring it up for a SF6 tournament that was set a little bit after the test happened, where they said anyone caught using the test to get extra practice will be disqualified from the tournament. Not sure exactly how people were getting it to work but it was something I thought of while watching the trailer. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hadn't watched that trailer until now since I didn't think it would have much gameplay nor even a character reveal, so it was nice to come in here and discover I had missed out on a trailer that had stuff even for someone like me who isn't really interested in the network test. I wonder how many people will pick Jun just because she's "new" compared to everyone else. I also wonder if this test will have the issue Street Fighter 6 had where after that games test was done, people were still managing to access it and play the game. It flew a bit under the radar that it happened since I only saw Capcom bring it up for a SF6 tournament that was set a little bit after the test happened, where they said anyone caught using the test to get extra practice will be disqualified from the tournament. Not sure exactly how people were getting it to work but it was something I thought of while watching the trailer. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm really hoping nothing happens about people trying to to get into the Network Test afterwards like SF6, just pathetic and it's not even the final game, just wait like everyone else.  Hmph

Speaking of, I got the code to play the CNT and darn it, I chose the wrong time to book off as I booked off the second weekend not this one to play. So I have a brief moment to play Friday morning as I start at 12noon that day, will try and get out early Saturday too instead of doing a 6-4. Then have Sunday to really get into it. Wondering if many people are trying to play Friday morning so servers might struggle, we'll see. Unlikely but I probably won't get the second chance to jump in next weekend too but I'm fine with watching people play too during that time.

We get to download the CNT beforehand and it's 13.60GB, hoo boy.

Expecting at least a Claudio gameplay trailer soon for the CNT, then for sure there'll be something revealed at EVO on the 6th of August when the Tekken 7 tournament is almost over or at the end of it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm really hoping nothing happens about people trying to to get into the Network Test afterwards like SF6, just pathetic and it's not even the final game, just wait like everyone else.  Hmph

Speaking of, I got the code to play the CNT and darn it, I chose the wrong time to book off as I booked off the second weekend not this one to play. So I have a brief moment to play Friday morning as I start at 12noon that day, will try and get out early Saturday too instead of doing a 6-4. Then have Sunday to really get into it. Wondering if many people are trying to play Friday morning so servers might struggle, we'll see. Unlikely but I probably won't get the second chance to jump in next weekend too but I'm fine with watching people play too during that time.

We get to download the CNT beforehand and it's 13.60GB, hoo boy.

Expecting at least a Claudio gameplay trailer soon for the CNT, then for sure there'll be something revealed at EVO on the 6th of August when the Tekken 7 tournament is almost over or at the end of it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Claudio Serafino Gameplay Trailer

Just in time for his appearance in the CNT we get to see what Claudio can do this time, using more of his powers in his moveset. I was wondering if there'd be special intros for him, especially against Jin or Kazuya but maybe they didn't include it here just so we can either see any in the CNT, or perhaps they'll be saved for later because I feel Claudio will play a bigger role in the story this time around and any intros might elude to that, or it could end up just being a generic type of eagerness to fight/defeat a Devil-Gene user. I'll get to see tomorrow/weekend because I will play Claudio, Jin and Kazuya at some point.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Claudio Serafino Gameplay Trailer

Just in time for his appearance in the CNT we get to see what Claudio can do this time, using more of his powers in his moveset. I was wondering if there'd be special intros for him, especially against Jin or Kazuya but maybe they didn't include it here just so we can either see any in the CNT, or perhaps they'll be saved for later because I feel Claudio will play a bigger role in the story this time around and any intros might elude to that, or it could end up just being a generic type of eagerness to fight/defeat a Devil-Gene user. I'll get to see tomorrow/weekend because I will play Claudio, Jin and Kazuya at some point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Darn, EL sniped me while I was writing this. The trailer was here, but it's gone now. At least the rest of my post doesn't really need to get changed. Tongue

Shoutout to the captioning mistake for Claudio's words to Bryan: "I'm sorry, but I cannnot stop until I fulfill my duty." ROFL
As for the rest of the trailer, I find it odd that Claudio's render at the start gives him a different eye and a tattoo next to it, yet none of that shows up in the following gameplay footage on his model. I thought at first it was maybe something that gets activated when he does his Rage Art but seems not, so if it's a costume thing I wonder why they didn't use that outfit for the gameplay (although everything about him matches the opening besides the eye).
I've also never actually seen gameplay of Claudio before really, so it was actually interesting to see footage of a character with a fighting style that's new to me. He actually looks like an interesting character to play with, even if I find his whole magic and quincy arrow finisher a little jarring. LOL

As for people continuing to get into the SF6 test, it was mostly players that were planning to enter the tournament that was being held for the game rather than players that couldn't wait for the full game release. Hence why Capcom stated anyone entering the tournament who is discovered to have done that would be disqualified.
Also GG on getting into the CNT. Do you plan to try out at least every character once or are you just going to spend time with the ones you're most interested in and save the rest for the full release?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Darn, EL sniped me while I was writing this. The trailer was here, but it's gone now. At least the rest of my post doesn't really need to get changed. Tongue

Shoutout to the captioning mistake for Claudio's words to Bryan: "I'm sorry, but I cannnot stop until I fulfill my duty." ROFL
As for the rest of the trailer, I find it odd that Claudio's render at the start gives him a different eye and a tattoo next to it, yet none of that shows up in the following gameplay footage on his model. I thought at first it was maybe something that gets activated when he does his Rage Art but seems not, so if it's a costume thing I wonder why they didn't use that outfit for the gameplay (although everything about him matches the opening besides the eye).
I've also never actually seen gameplay of Claudio before really, so it was actually interesting to see footage of a character with a fighting style that's new to me. He actually looks like an interesting character to play with, even if I find his whole magic and quincy arrow finisher a little jarring. LOL

As for people continuing to get into the SF6 test, it was mostly players that were planning to enter the tournament that was being held for the game rather than players that couldn't wait for the full game release. Hence why Capcom stated anyone entering the tournament who is discovered to have done that would be disqualified.
Also GG on getting into the CNT. Do you plan to try out at least every character once or are you just going to spend time with the ones you're most interested in and save the rest for the full release?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 49 28,196 Jul 21st, 2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface