Best/Worst/Favorite Bosses?
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,199
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We've established that there are questionably-designed bosses to be reckoned with in games, but that doesn't always make them the worst kinds of bosses! 

So, what are the best bosses you've encountered? The worst? Ones you know are pretty mid, but love the concept of? I'll start us off in naming my ones I love to play:

Top 5 Favorite to Play:
  • Bowser (Paper Mario)
  • Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)
  • Flowey (Undertale)
  • Luca Blight (Suikoden 2)
  • Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising: Revengence)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,199 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We've established that there are questionably-designed bosses to be reckoned with in games, but that doesn't always make them the worst kinds of bosses! 

So, what are the best bosses you've encountered? The worst? Ones you know are pretty mid, but love the concept of? I'll start us off in naming my ones I love to play:

Top 5 Favorite to Play:
  • Bowser (Paper Mario)
  • Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)
  • Flowey (Undertale)
  • Luca Blight (Suikoden 2)
  • Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising: Revengence)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Wuthering Waves | Unicorn Overlord
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,884
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't really have an opinion on what the "Best" or "Worst" bosses are but can list my favourites.

• Rawk Hawk, Macho Grubba, Cortez, Shadow Queen (Paper Mario TTYD)
  • Lava Piranha (Paper Mario)
  • Cackletta's Spirit (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga)
  • Cannoneer & Blade Bearer, Hellfire Knight (Code Vein)
  • The Dragon (Dragon's Dogma)
  • Reflux the Knaaren (Rayman 3)
  • Foutch (Rayman 2) 

There's probably some more but can't think of them right now.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Wuthering Waves | Unicorn Overlord
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,884 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't really have an opinion on what the "Best" or "Worst" bosses are but can list my favourites.

• Rawk Hawk, Macho Grubba, Cortez, Shadow Queen (Paper Mario TTYD)
  • Lava Piranha (Paper Mario)
  • Cackletta's Spirit (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga)
  • Cannoneer & Blade Bearer, Hellfire Knight (Code Vein)
  • The Dragon (Dragon's Dogma)
  • Reflux the Knaaren (Rayman 3)
  • Foutch (Rayman 2) 

There's probably some more but can't think of them right now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,935
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: I had to look up who that boss was in Rayman 2 because I remember none of them by name except for Razorbeard. LOL
I didn't finish it but looking at the rest of the bosses for Rayman 2 on the RayWiki, there's actually a lot that are exclusive to Rayman Revolution.

Grigori in Dragon's Dogma is a boss fight I loved when I first encountered it, especially from a presentation standpoint. I was surprised to find I never ended up making a thread like this back when I first fought him since I was gushing about his fight in Last Game Played. ROFL

Speaking of dragon fights, I recently fought Bayle in Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree and hot damn that's a brilliant fight. Out of any boss I've fought in a FromSoft game he has the best build-up on the way to his arena out of them all, and his fight is made so much more epic if you summon Igon for it. I generally don't summon for boss fights but I had to do it with Igon because he's just such a good character (his voice acting alone is superb) and he's become one of my favourite NPC's in gaming.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,935 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: I had to look up who that boss was in Rayman 2 because I remember none of them by name except for Razorbeard. LOL
I didn't finish it but looking at the rest of the bosses for Rayman 2 on the RayWiki, there's actually a lot that are exclusive to Rayman Revolution.

Grigori in Dragon's Dogma is a boss fight I loved when I first encountered it, especially from a presentation standpoint. I was surprised to find I never ended up making a thread like this back when I first fought him since I was gushing about his fight in Last Game Played. ROFL

Speaking of dragon fights, I recently fought Bayle in Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree and hot damn that's a brilliant fight. Out of any boss I've fought in a FromSoft game he has the best build-up on the way to his arena out of them all, and his fight is made so much more epic if you summon Igon for it. I generally don't summon for boss fights but I had to do it with Igon because he's just such a good character (his voice acting alone is superb) and he's become one of my favourite NPC's in gaming.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,265
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I think my favorite "bosses' are ones with attitude, or just outright hilarious, or a pain in the ass to defeat.

Rawk Hawk, Cortez, Shadow Queen, Prince Mush (since trying to fight him in the Switch vers is a pain in my ass.) [Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door]
Fawful [Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga]
Megus, Queen Zeal, Lavos [Chrono Trigger]
Maester Seymour Guado (I loathe this man), Jecht [Final Fantasy X]
Sephioth, Dark Riku [Kingdom Hearts]
Cait Sith [Any FF7] {Yes I loathe Cait, cause he's annoying.)
Lord Gryphot [Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (3DS)] This main boss just doesn't know who he wants to be. First, he claims to want to eat their world, ok so he's lavos. Then he claims to want to ruin all the crops with darkness and sludge so then he is then the villain Hexxus from Fern Gully? Then he goes back to saying he is the darkness engulfing everything. So, then he's also in some way Queen Zeal who was also doing that to some extent? This guy just didn't know who he wanted to be villain wise, and I found it hilarious.

-Edit: Ok I was able to remember about this villain and why I wanted to add him. XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,265 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I think my favorite "bosses' are ones with attitude, or just outright hilarious, or a pain in the ass to defeat.

Rawk Hawk, Cortez, Shadow Queen, Prince Mush (since trying to fight him in the Switch vers is a pain in my ass.) [Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door]
Fawful [Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga]
Megus, Queen Zeal, Lavos [Chrono Trigger]
Maester Seymour Guado (I loathe this man), Jecht [Final Fantasy X]
Sephioth, Dark Riku [Kingdom Hearts]
Cait Sith [Any FF7] {Yes I loathe Cait, cause he's annoying.)
Lord Gryphot [Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (3DS)] This main boss just doesn't know who he wants to be. First, he claims to want to eat their world, ok so he's lavos. Then he claims to want to ruin all the crops with darkness and sludge so then he is then the villain Hexxus from Fern Gully? Then he goes back to saying he is the darkness engulfing everything. So, then he's also in some way Queen Zeal who was also doing that to some extent? This guy just didn't know who he wanted to be villain wise, and I found it hilarious.

-Edit: Ok I was able to remember about this villain and why I wanted to add him. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best/Worst In-Game Announcers/Narrators? Moonface 7 241 Sep 9th, 2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Unreasonably Difficult Bosses? Maniakkid25 3 476 Jul 23rd, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Favorite RPG Encounter Styles? Moonface 5 520 Jun 14th, 2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Worst (Cyber) Attack to a Game Company? Moonface 6 1,807 Jun 6th, 2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Best/Worst DLC? Moonface 2 308 Apr 13th, 2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface