Latest Gaming Purchase
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25: Is the extra story stuff in the Persona games added into/onto the existing story? Maybe since SMT V's new story is its own separate thing that's why they made it optional unlike in other Atlus games? Unsure

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (PS5)
Bought this when I got home from work and started it maybe a little under an hour ago? I haven't done much yet but I have died a few times to this one guy who was wielding a new weapon that's super fast so it was deleting my health bar in seconds if I ate a combo from it. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25: Is the extra story stuff in the Persona games added into/onto the existing story? Maybe since SMT V's new story is its own separate thing that's why they made it optional unlike in other Atlus games? Unsure

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (PS5)
Bought this when I got home from work and started it maybe a little under an hour ago? I haven't done much yet but I have died a few times to this one guy who was wielding a new weapon that's super fast so it was deleting my health bar in seconds if I ate a combo from it. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,316
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, both of them add in the new content to the original story, it's just the Persona games don't (I assume) make major changes to the trajectory of that story, aside from Persona 4 Golden, which literally added a new ending because they added the main villain as a Social Link. Literally, the Canon of Vengeance only diverges when a new scene happens that intros a new boss and the new character into the story. Unless the story changes significantly later on (and I assume it will, based on the foreshadowing the game has in the choice of content cutscene), it plays more like a fanfic writer added their OC (don't steal) to the proceedings.

Besides that, they did the usual updated re-release thing, and added new demons, new items, new sidequests and new features not in the original game. In general, the new features are quality of life improvements. Things like "saves can be done anywhere, not just at specific places" (though I honestly don't see why this was necessary), "Now you get a reminder of your main quest goal on loading your save", "now you can remake the base version of demons as well as the version of demons you saved using the compendium", or "You can now do standard fusions using the compendium" (this feature makes sense in context, but it's hard to explain that context from scratch). All sorts of nice stuff, I will admit, but not really so much to address the punishing difficulty the game had to begin with. Which, granted, that difficulty is part of the SMT brand, but still!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,316 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, both of them add in the new content to the original story, it's just the Persona games don't (I assume) make major changes to the trajectory of that story, aside from Persona 4 Golden, which literally added a new ending because they added the main villain as a Social Link. Literally, the Canon of Vengeance only diverges when a new scene happens that intros a new boss and the new character into the story. Unless the story changes significantly later on (and I assume it will, based on the foreshadowing the game has in the choice of content cutscene), it plays more like a fanfic writer added their OC (don't steal) to the proceedings.

Besides that, they did the usual updated re-release thing, and added new demons, new items, new sidequests and new features not in the original game. In general, the new features are quality of life improvements. Things like "saves can be done anywhere, not just at specific places" (though I honestly don't see why this was necessary), "Now you get a reminder of your main quest goal on loading your save", "now you can remake the base version of demons as well as the version of demons you saved using the compendium", or "You can now do standard fusions using the compendium" (this feature makes sense in context, but it's hard to explain that context from scratch). All sorts of nice stuff, I will admit, but not really so much to address the punishing difficulty the game had to begin with. Which, granted, that difficulty is part of the SMT brand, but still!
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
KallaX (Steam)
Chaotic 4-player co-op where you... make IKEA furniture! Not literally, cuz there's no official IKEA tie-in for legal reasons (although even the name is of an actual IKEA product, probably hence the differentiating spelling with the capital "X")
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
KallaX (Steam)
Chaotic 4-player co-op where you... make IKEA furniture! Not literally, cuz there's no official IKEA tie-in for legal reasons (although even the name is of an actual IKEA product, probably hence the differentiating spelling with the capital "X")
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus (PS4)
Gale of Windoria (PS5)
Gale of Windoria (PS4)
Overrogue (PS5)

Saw PS4 copies of Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus on sale for $30 combined, so decided to pick them up for double platinum purposes down the road (still need to finish ToA on PS5 and start Scarlet Nexus at all).

Gale of Windoria is one of the Kemco releases through Limited Run Games that I had forgotten to pre-order, and I have been hawking it on eBay for a while now. I couldn't find any that were for sale for under $100, but last night was lucky enough to finally have my patience pay off. Found a PS5 copy up for $55 and a PS4 copy for $65. Little more than I wanted to pay for a PS4 copy, however considering it was the first and only PS4 copy I saw for sale in all of these months, I decided there wasn't time to be picky about it. Just had to pick it up so I could finally catch my Kemco collection back up.

Overrogue is the same case, another Kemco game I had forgotten to order from LRG, and also one that wasn't listed for less than $120. Someone had it listed for $45 -- only $15 more than LRG's original $30 price tag -- and you bet I snatched that up in a hurry. Sadly no sign of PS4 copies for sale any where. Hopefully some day I'll get lucky and one will pop up for a fair price.

Nice to get three of the four missed ones in the bag though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus (PS4)
Gale of Windoria (PS5)
Gale of Windoria (PS4)
Overrogue (PS5)

Saw PS4 copies of Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus on sale for $30 combined, so decided to pick them up for double platinum purposes down the road (still need to finish ToA on PS5 and start Scarlet Nexus at all).

Gale of Windoria is one of the Kemco releases through Limited Run Games that I had forgotten to pre-order, and I have been hawking it on eBay for a while now. I couldn't find any that were for sale for under $100, but last night was lucky enough to finally have my patience pay off. Found a PS5 copy up for $55 and a PS4 copy for $65. Little more than I wanted to pay for a PS4 copy, however considering it was the first and only PS4 copy I saw for sale in all of these months, I decided there wasn't time to be picky about it. Just had to pick it up so I could finally catch my Kemco collection back up.

Overrogue is the same case, another Kemco game I had forgotten to order from LRG, and also one that wasn't listed for less than $120. Someone had it listed for $45 -- only $15 more than LRG's original $30 price tag -- and you bet I snatched that up in a hurry. Sadly no sign of PS4 copies for sale any where. Hopefully some day I'll get lucky and one will pop up for a fair price.

Nice to get three of the four missed ones in the bag though.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,171
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2, which I bought in the Steam Summer Sale, after @Moonface reminded me of its existence!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,171 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2, which I bought in the Steam Summer Sale, after @Moonface reminded me of its existence!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Monument Valley: Panoramic Collection (PC)
Was going to just buy MV1, but saw there's a bundle with both the first and second game that gives an extra discount on top of the existing one, so decided to just get this and hope I like the first game to not regret blindly buying the sequel alongside it. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Monument Valley: Panoramic Collection (PC)
Was going to just buy MV1, but saw there's a bundle with both the first and second game that gives an extra discount on top of the existing one, so decided to just get this and hope I like the first game to not regret blindly buying the sequel alongside it. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've heard nothing but praise for MV so I hope you enjoy!

Nabbed a few things from the Steam Sale:
Celeste (Double Dip, have it on Switch)
Jurassic World Evolution 2
Garlic
PowerWash Simulator
Cassette Beasts
A Little to the Left
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've heard nothing but praise for MV so I hope you enjoy!

Nabbed a few things from the Steam Sale:
Celeste (Double Dip, have it on Switch)
Jurassic World Evolution 2
Garlic
PowerWash Simulator
Cassette Beasts
A Little to the Left
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I did enjoy it, and posted my thoughts on it in Last Game Played if you or anyone else is curious.

Rogue Legacy (PC) x2
Decided to buy a copy for myself and also got one for @Dragon Lord since I saw it's on his wishlist and he recommended the game in the first place.
Edit: Make that one copy; I tried it out and just not really feeling this one so I asked for a refund on it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I did enjoy it, and posted my thoughts on it in Last Game Played if you or anyone else is curious.

Rogue Legacy (PC) x2
Decided to buy a copy for myself and also got one for @Dragon Lord since I saw it's on his wishlist and he recommended the game in the first place.
Edit: Make that one copy; I tried it out and just not really feeling this one so I asked for a refund on it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Yooo, thanks for the copy of the game! Sorry it took me so long to accept it/reply here, been super occupied this week with the release of Zenless Zone Zero. Greatly appreciated the gift though, dude!

Sorry it didn't click for you though, but at least you were able to make that assessment of the game in time to get a refund for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Yooo, thanks for the copy of the game! Sorry it took me so long to accept it/reply here, been super occupied this week with the release of Zenless Zone Zero. Greatly appreciated the gift though, dude!

Sorry it didn't click for you though, but at least you were able to make that assessment of the game in time to get a refund for it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2024, 06:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, I was wondering at first if you hadn't received any notification about the gift because I expected you to have redeemed it a lot quicker than you did. Tongue

Yeah, but if I had ended up somehow being outside the refund period it wouldn't have been too bad since the game was only $3. I've bought other games that cost a lot more which ended up being a total waste of money for me (mostly from not getting a chance to play them due to being co-op games that people I bought it to play with moved on from or my laptop ended up struggling to run it despite CanIRunIt? claiming I'd be okay). LOL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2024, 06:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, I was wondering at first if you hadn't received any notification about the gift because I expected you to have redeemed it a lot quicker than you did. Tongue

Yeah, but if I had ended up somehow being outside the refund period it wouldn't have been too bad since the game was only $3. I've bought other games that cost a lot more which ended up being a total waste of money for me (mostly from not getting a chance to play them due to being co-op games that people I bought it to play with moved on from or my laptop ended up struggling to run it despite CanIRunIt? claiming I'd be okay). LOL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Yeah, sorry. Between Wuthering Waves and Zenless Zone Zero, plus doing dallies in all my other gacha games, my time is gobbled up pretty fast, haha.

My latest purchase was...

Tokyo Clanpool (Switch)

This is a previously Japan-only Vita game that PlayAsia is releasing an English version for on the Switch. They've done this with multiple previous Japan exclusive Vita games and I'm glad to see they are continuing to do so. Hope to see them bring some more of them to the Switch.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Yeah, sorry. Between Wuthering Waves and Zenless Zone Zero, plus doing dallies in all my other gacha games, my time is gobbled up pretty fast, haha.

My latest purchase was...

Tokyo Clanpool (Switch)

This is a previously Japan-only Vita game that PlayAsia is releasing an English version for on the Switch. They've done this with multiple previous Japan exclusive Vita games and I'm glad to see they are continuing to do so. Hope to see them bring some more of them to the Switch.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I already detailed it here but forgot to mention in here that I recently bought a new laptop. It just arrived about 20 minutes ago and I'm currently waiting for it to finish the initial setup stuff.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I already detailed it here but forgot to mention in here that I recently bought a new laptop. It just arrived about 20 minutes ago and I'm currently waiting for it to finish the initial setup stuff.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Overrogue (PS4)
Jean d'Arc (PS4/PS5)

Found someone selling a PS4 copy of Overrogue on eBay for $59.99. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had forgotten to order PS4 and PS5 copies of Overrogue when Limited Run Games had them up, and while I managed to find that PS5 copy for a decent price then, I had no luck with a PS4 copy until now. While it was a bit more than I had to pay for the PS5 copy, it was still only $25 more than the initial selling price and allows me to catch back up in my LRG Kemco collection finally. So I was pretty happy about that find.

Jean d'Arc is an old PSP tactical RPG that PlayStation have released on PS+ for both PS4 and PS5. While some aspects of the game look a little yikes (mainly the character sprites), it's only $10 for it and you get it for both PS4 and PS5, so I figured why not give it a try. A tactical RPG from the PSP era that I missed, so let's see what it's about.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Overrogue (PS4)
Jean d'Arc (PS4/PS5)

Found someone selling a PS4 copy of Overrogue on eBay for $59.99. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had forgotten to order PS4 and PS5 copies of Overrogue when Limited Run Games had them up, and while I managed to find that PS5 copy for a decent price then, I had no luck with a PS4 copy until now. While it was a bit more than I had to pay for the PS5 copy, it was still only $25 more than the initial selling price and allows me to catch back up in my LRG Kemco collection finally. So I was pretty happy about that find.

Jean d'Arc is an old PSP tactical RPG that PlayStation have released on PS+ for both PS4 and PS5. While some aspects of the game look a little yikes (mainly the character sprites), it's only $10 for it and you get it for both PS4 and PS5, so I figured why not give it a try. A tactical RPG from the PSP era that I missed, so let's see what it's about.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,316
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
THAT GAME IS WEIRD! I own Jeanne D'Arc on PSP, and it is such a weird concept. I won't ruin it for you, I'll let you find it out as you go on, but I think it's a very neat little game, and I'm a huge Level-5 fan in general. Hearing that it's available on PS4 and PS5 is awesome to me!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,316 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
THAT GAME IS WEIRD! I own Jeanne D'Arc on PSP, and it is such a weird concept. I won't ruin it for you, I'll let you find it out as you go on, but I think it's a very neat little game, and I'm a huge Level-5 fan in general. Hearing that it's available on PS4 and PS5 is awesome to me!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door [Switch] physically
Faeland [steam] (reminded me of the older cdi loz game so I grabbed it)
This way madness Lies [steam] (I was gifted this game by a friend of mine who knows I love sailor moon and its basically a sailor moon game.)
Infinate Mana [steam] (it's like a minecraft version of pokemon mixed with final fantasy meets some elements of fishing and other stuff. someone I watch was streaming it & when it went on sale I grabbed it.)

I plan to get Ova Magica, & Beyond Good and Evil the 20th edition version off of steam sometime this weekend. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door [Switch] physically
Faeland [steam] (reminded me of the older cdi loz game so I grabbed it)
This way madness Lies [steam] (I was gifted this game by a friend of mine who knows I love sailor moon and its basically a sailor moon game.)
Infinate Mana [steam] (it's like a minecraft version of pokemon mixed with final fantasy meets some elements of fishing and other stuff. someone I watch was streaming it & when it went on sale I grabbed it.)

I plan to get Ova Magica, & Beyond Good and Evil the 20th edition version off of steam sometime this weekend. :3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Gaming Backlog(s) Moonface 20 5,886 Jun 26th, 2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 3,753 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 5 592 Apr 1st, 2024, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 5,109 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 8,782 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface