If a Game Character Competed in an Olympic Event...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,136
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
...what sport would it be where they could win or at least do well enough to make the top three?

And before anyone gets clever, we're not counting stuff like the Olympic iterations of Mario and Sonic characters. Tongue

Sonic would easily win any sprint based event though, although he might get tested for doping afterwards. Mario takes the triple jump event easily and he even came to mind when I was actually watching that event when it was happening at this current Olympics. LOL

For swimming I think Sekiro would do well at least in freestyle. He can go at a ridiculous speed if you use the dash/dodge mechanic while in or under water. I can't think of any other fast swimming game characters though yet I feel like there's gonna be someone obvious I'm overlooking.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,136 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
...what sport would it be where they could win or at least do well enough to make the top three?

And before anyone gets clever, we're not counting stuff like the Olympic iterations of Mario and Sonic characters. Tongue

Sonic would easily win any sprint based event though, although he might get tested for doping afterwards. Mario takes the triple jump event easily and he even came to mind when I was actually watching that event when it was happening at this current Olympics. LOL

For swimming I think Sekiro would do well at least in freestyle. He can go at a ridiculous speed if you use the dash/dodge mechanic while in or under water. I can't think of any other fast swimming game characters though yet I feel like there's gonna be someone obvious I'm overlooking.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,193
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Wheatley would probably win the High Jump. I mean, he went into space!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,193 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
ShiraNoMai Offline
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’œ / ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,226
Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Aug 11th, 2024, 01:13 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Sonic would easily win any sprint based event though, although he might get tested for doping afterwards.

I could see that moment from the ending of The Incredibles where Jack has to like, not make it too obvious/using his powers to win the race against normal kids. Sweat

Nathan Drake could win Rock Climbing for sure. I mean my guy can just leap from rock to rock no problem!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,226 Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sonic would easily win any sprint based event though, although he might get tested for doping afterwards.

I could see that moment from the ending of The Incredibles where Jack has to like, not make it too obvious/using his powers to win the race against normal kids. Sweat

Nathan Drake could win Rock Climbing for sure. I mean my guy can just leap from rock to rock no problem!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,406
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Aug 11th, 2024, 09:41 PM)Kyng Wrote:
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Mario would probably give stiff competition in that contest. Might even get silver.

Reboot Lara Croft is obviously Archery, and I think Kratos would probably do well in the Discus throw or Javelin throw contests. Would be interesting to see.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,406 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Aug 11th, 2024, 09:41 PM)Kyng Wrote:
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Mario would probably give stiff competition in that contest. Might even get silver.

Reboot Lara Croft is obviously Archery, and I think Kratos would probably do well in the Discus throw or Javelin throw contests. Would be interesting to see.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,226
Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Kratos surely has to be exempt from the games based on his history right? ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,226 Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,136
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:12 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTkvu8WoUQ

Eh, would Sonic really need to slow down? I'm assuming we would know who he is and even if we somehow didn't, I think just the fact we're watching a blue hedgehog running in the Olympics is suspicious enough without speed even coming into it. Tongue

As for Nate being good at rock climbing, he would be good at it but he'd get demolished in terms of climbing speed by actual Olympic rock climbers. I don't know if there's any game character that can climb fast enough to hold up against Olympic level athletes.

(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:26 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Weight lifting would be good for Kratos too. Discus and Javelin he'd definitely do well in since he has weapons in the Norse games that are used similarly to those (the axe and the spear).

You mentioning reboot Lara for archery makes me think of how many recent game characters would be eligible for that considering there was that period when everyone was given a bow as their main weapon of choice, including Link. I think Link would be a candidate for the best archer if we use his BotW/TotK version because he can enter a slow motion state if he jumps.

Thinking of Link and characters with traits that can give them an edge in a contest, John Marston and Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption would excel at shooting due to having Dead Eye. They're absolutely guaranteed to hit the best shot every time if they use that. Meanwhile on the totally opposite end you have Doom Guy just obliterating the target with a BFG shot. ROFL

(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:30 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think a lot of game characters would be exempt if we view their in-game actions. Nathan Drake kills hundreds of people ("How many men have you killed Drake? How many, just today?!") and Link straight up commits war crimes in TotK. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,136 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:12 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTkvu8WoUQ

Eh, would Sonic really need to slow down? I'm assuming we would know who he is and even if we somehow didn't, I think just the fact we're watching a blue hedgehog running in the Olympics is suspicious enough without speed even coming into it. Tongue

As for Nate being good at rock climbing, he would be good at it but he'd get demolished in terms of climbing speed by actual Olympic rock climbers. I don't know if there's any game character that can climb fast enough to hold up against Olympic level athletes.

(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:26 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Weight lifting would be good for Kratos too. Discus and Javelin he'd definitely do well in since he has weapons in the Norse games that are used similarly to those (the axe and the spear).

You mentioning reboot Lara for archery makes me think of how many recent game characters would be eligible for that considering there was that period when everyone was given a bow as their main weapon of choice, including Link. I think Link would be a candidate for the best archer if we use his BotW/TotK version because he can enter a slow motion state if he jumps.

Thinking of Link and characters with traits that can give them an edge in a contest, John Marston and Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption would excel at shooting due to having Dead Eye. They're absolutely guaranteed to hit the best shot every time if they use that. Meanwhile on the totally opposite end you have Doom Guy just obliterating the target with a BFG shot. ROFL

(Aug 12th, 2024, 02:30 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think a lot of game characters would be exempt if we view their in-game actions. Nathan Drake kills hundreds of people ("How many men have you killed Drake? How many, just today?!") and Link straight up commits war crimes in TotK. Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Deaths Moonface 2 495 Feb 18th, 2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Witch's Cauldron: Multi-World Event! ShiraNoMai 15 1,950 Dec 29th, 2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 1,343 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 9,365 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 5,395 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM