The Witch's Cauldron: Multi-World Event! | Brewing The Ultimate Game Potion!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to our first ever Universal Gaming Multi-World Game Challenge: The Witch's Cauldron!

Choose from any of the Supported Worlds (recommended) below or delve into uncharted territories with the Unsupported worlds and together, we shall craft our ultimate multi-world potion and complete our goals!

This is an Asynchronous Archipelago Multi-World game session. Each person who would like to participate can pick from any of the games below to play for this event, and once confirmed,  I will have everyone fill out their respective YAML sheets (their randomizer/challenge settings) for their respective games and have them submit them here in this topic. Once all participants have submitted their YAMLs and pledged agreements to play by the deadline listed below, I will generate a seed that will have shuffled all our games' items/locations/whatever together and will create a room for us to play in (a server room).

From there, I will provide assistance to those that need it (particularly those who chose Unsupported Worlds cuz those need a little more finesse than a Supported World to get working) and I will post the link to the room where our shared trackers will be, and thus announce that the game has begun!

I'm opening submissions now, and folks will have until November 8th to confirm participation and have their YAMLs submitted.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to our first ever Universal Gaming Multi-World Game Challenge: The Witch's Cauldron!

Choose from any of the Supported Worlds (recommended) below or delve into uncharted territories with the Unsupported worlds and together, we shall craft our ultimate multi-world potion and complete our goals!

This is an Asynchronous Archipelago Multi-World game session. Each person who would like to participate can pick from any of the games below to play for this event, and once confirmed,  I will have everyone fill out their respective YAML sheets (their randomizer/challenge settings) for their respective games and have them submit them here in this topic. Once all participants have submitted their YAMLs and pledged agreements to play by the deadline listed below, I will generate a seed that will have shuffled all our games' items/locations/whatever together and will create a room for us to play in (a server room).

From there, I will provide assistance to those that need it (particularly those who chose Unsupported Worlds cuz those need a little more finesse than a Supported World to get working) and I will post the link to the room where our shared trackers will be, and thus announce that the game has begun!

I'm opening submissions now, and folks will have until November 8th to confirm participation and have their YAMLs submitted.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wish M&LSS was in Supported, but perhaps in the future it will be. It's the only game I'd be fully confident in out of the two lists, so I have to choose it for that fact even if it's Unsupported.

However could I also pick a backup just in case we have trouble with the setup or whatever it is to get the Unsupported game to work? Darn I have to pick between two here as well...ah screw it, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle even though in my own completed game on GC I never found every unlockable skill which I assume will be one of the key places items will be found, I'll just research to remind myself where they all are before playing.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wish M&LSS was in Supported, but perhaps in the future it will be. It's the only game I'd be fully confident in out of the two lists, so I have to choose it for that fact even if it's Unsupported.

However could I also pick a backup just in case we have trouble with the setup or whatever it is to get the Unsupported game to work? Darn I have to pick between two here as well...ah screw it, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle even though in my own completed game on GC I never found every unlockable skill which I assume will be one of the key places items will be found, I'll just research to remind myself where they all are before playing.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I would love to participate in this, but I think my schedule wouldn't allow for it. Hard to get into events like this when I'm awake when everyone else is asleep. I am on vacation from work from the 16th to the 28th though, so if it would fall some where in there, I might be able to manage it.

Would have loved to do Ender Lillies, Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest if they were on the supported list. If we can make it work around my schedule, then I could pick up either Dark Souls III or A Link to the Past on the supported list.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I would love to participate in this, but I think my schedule wouldn't allow for it. Hard to get into events like this when I'm awake when everyone else is asleep. I am on vacation from work from the 16th to the 28th though, so if it would fall some where in there, I might be able to manage it.

Would have loved to do Ender Lillies, Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest if they were on the supported list. If we can make it work around my schedule, then I could pick up either Dark Souls III or A Link to the Past on the supported list.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 3rd, 2023, 02:34 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Would have loved to do Ender Lillies, Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest if they were on the supported list.  If we can make it work around my schedule, then I could pick up either Dark Souls III or A Link to the Past on the supported list.
I believe that this doesn't require anyone to be online at the same time as the entire thing is done asynchronously in terms of playing the games, and the info is just sent to a shared server where each player can retrieve any data that someone else found for their game.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 3rd, 2023, 02:34 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Would have loved to do Ender Lillies, Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest if they were on the supported list.  If we can make it work around my schedule, then I could pick up either Dark Souls III or A Link to the Past on the supported list.
I believe that this doesn't require anyone to be online at the same time as the entire thing is done asynchronously in terms of playing the games, and the info is just sent to a shared server where each player can retrieve any data that someone else found for their game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ah yes, I forgot to elaborate about this being asynchronous: we can play at our own pace! Depending your game, you may be blocked sooner than later (from checks) and that will determine how much you'll play at a time but it'll be cool when you log back in later and see someone else has a whole bunch of items in waiting for you!

But okay! I can grab the AP worlds for the unsupported games if necessary. The reason why I'm a little hesitant with the unsupported ones is not all of them are 100% at this point, meaning there's a chance some weird bugs might appear. From checking the AP discord channel for M&L:SS, @Mr EliteL it seems to be beatable, the only known weird bug as of yesterday was the cafeteria checks were a bit busted. The good thing is, if anything in anyone's world is "unattainable" I can always "cheat" the item in, so we'd all still be able to finish our games.

Checking @Dragon Lord 's games, Ender Lilies is still in alpha but it's operational, but Mystic Quest and Chrono Trigger have their own heckin' websites for it (a good thing), so those may be good to go.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ah yes, I forgot to elaborate about this being asynchronous: we can play at our own pace! Depending your game, you may be blocked sooner than later (from checks) and that will determine how much you'll play at a time but it'll be cool when you log back in later and see someone else has a whole bunch of items in waiting for you!

But okay! I can grab the AP worlds for the unsupported games if necessary. The reason why I'm a little hesitant with the unsupported ones is not all of them are 100% at this point, meaning there's a chance some weird bugs might appear. From checking the AP discord channel for M&L:SS, @Mr EliteL it seems to be beatable, the only known weird bug as of yesterday was the cafeteria checks were a bit busted. The good thing is, if anything in anyone's world is "unattainable" I can always "cheat" the item in, so we'd all still be able to finish our games.

Checking @Dragon Lord 's games, Ender Lilies is still in alpha but it's operational, but Mystic Quest and Chrono Trigger have their own heckin' websites for it (a good thing), so those may be good to go.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd probably skip Ender Lillies then since it's not guaranteed to be 100% stable. Although I have played through the game before, I can't say I have perfect memorization of the game and where all of the items are anyways.

Mystic Quest would be a good one though. I know that game like the back of my hand and would be able to fly through it (until getting hit with a progression block). Same with A Link to the Past.

I'll have to give it some thought as to which game between Dark Souls III, Mystic Quest and ALttP that I want to do.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd probably skip Ender Lillies then since it's not guaranteed to be 100% stable. Although I have played through the game before, I can't say I have perfect memorization of the game and where all of the items are anyways.

Mystic Quest would be a good one though. I know that game like the back of my hand and would be able to fly through it (until getting hit with a progression block). Same with A Link to the Past.

I'll have to give it some thought as to which game between Dark Souls III, Mystic Quest and ALttP that I want to do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to say what games I'd be good for using in this, but since I only own two of the supported games and I don't feel like playing one of them, that leaves my choice as Minecraft. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to say what games I'd be good for using in this, but since I only own two of the supported games and I don't feel like playing one of them, that leaves my choice as Minecraft. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I didn't get around to getting this completely organized, but has everyone decided on the game they want to play? Or did they want to check the settings for each game before deciding?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I didn't get around to getting this completely organized, but has everyone decided on the game they want to play? Or did they want to check the settings for each game before deciding?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'll still go with M&LSS even with that possible bug being a thing. Hmm I might play my 3DS version as play this (or before) to help refresh my memory of the game as I need to complete that one still.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'll still go with M&LSS even with that possible bug being a thing. Hmm I might play my 3DS version as play this (or before) to help refresh my memory of the game as I need to complete that one still.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
In the time we had last discussed that, the bug has been fixed. It's currently on its 8th Beta.

Okay! So, there's a few steps I'll need you to follow:

1) Install Archipelago. Run the executable and it'll ask you which components you'd like to install. You can use this guide if you get lost.
2) Install the MLSS APWorld (mlss.apworld) to your /Archipelago/libs/worlds folder.
3) Install BizHawk Client.
4) Locate your "Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga (U).gba" ROM and place it in the main Archipelago folder.
5) Run "ArchipelagoLauncher.exe" and click on "Generate Template Settings". Locate the "Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.yaml" file and open in Notepad. Edit your settings accordingly. You can use this guide if you get lost.
6) Send me the finished YAML file when done!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
In the time we had last discussed that, the bug has been fixed. It's currently on its 8th Beta.

Okay! So, there's a few steps I'll need you to follow:

1) Install Archipelago. Run the executable and it'll ask you which components you'd like to install. You can use this guide if you get lost.
2) Install the MLSS APWorld (mlss.apworld) to your /Archipelago/libs/worlds folder.
3) Install BizHawk Client.
4) Locate your "Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga (U).gba" ROM and place it in the main Archipelago folder.
5) Run "ArchipelagoLauncher.exe" and click on "Generate Template Settings". Locate the "Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.yaml" file and open in Notepad. Edit your settings accordingly. You can use this guide if you get lost.
6) Send me the finished YAML file when done!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, I got immediately stuck during the Archipelago.exe stage, after the components it's asking me for the ADVNTURE.BIN (A2600 ROM) file and I've got no clue what that is (apart from an Atari game), I just started this, man! The setup guide doesn't mention it and trying to search for it yields no results that are useful.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, I got immediately stuck during the Archipelago.exe stage, after the components it's asking me for the ADVNTURE.BIN (A2600 ROM) file and I've got no clue what that is (apart from an Atari game), I just started this, man! The setup guide doesn't mention it and trying to search for it yields no results that are useful.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's just looking for the game files, uncheck all the games you won't be installing, including Adventure lol
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's just looking for the game files, uncheck all the games you won't be installing, including Adventure lol
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, got somewhere this time. I was just accepting it all assuming I'd need them as if those would provide the generating items across the games played or something. XD Unchecked the majority apart from a few I thought were needed that weren't games from the list. Doing the settings in the 5th stage but need to finish it off tomorrow, too tired to focus on what I'm doing. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, got somewhere this time. I was just accepting it all assuming I'd need them as if those would provide the generating items across the games played or something. XD Unchecked the majority apart from a few I thought were needed that weren't games from the list. Doing the settings in the 5th stage but need to finish it off tomorrow, too tired to focus on what I'm doing. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sounds good, homie Wink

As for @Moonface , because you are playing a Supported game, all you need to do is Step 1 of my instructions and install the just Minecraft Client (instead of ignoring all the stuff like I told EL to do) in addition to the base Archipelago software. Once you do that, you can fill out this yaml sheet and hit "Export Settings" when satisfied with your options for your game. Send me the finished YAML file after that!

For @Dragon Lord , uh, well decide which game you want still and I'll provide instructions
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sounds good, homie Wink

As for @Moonface , because you are playing a Supported game, all you need to do is Step 1 of my instructions and install the just Minecraft Client (instead of ignoring all the stuff like I told EL to do) in addition to the base Archipelago software. Once you do that, you can fill out this yaml sheet and hit "Export Settings" when satisfied with your options for your game. Send me the finished YAML file after that!

For @Dragon Lord , uh, well decide which game you want still and I'll provide instructions
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the installer require me to have a particular version of Minecraft installed on my PC to work? Minecraft isn't really a singular one and done set of game files as there are files for each game version.
Also would this software have conflicts with QoL mods being in the game files? I run all my versions of Minecraft with OptiFine for better performance but it modifies some of the files (or adds new ones) so I don't know if it would create a conflict or not. If you don't know, would there be something to make it clear to me rather quickly whether Archipelago is functioning correctly or not if it accepts the game with OptiFine installed? Assuming of course it doesn't just accept it then immediately crash out upon loading.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does the installer require me to have a particular version of Minecraft installed on my PC to work? Minecraft isn't really a singular one and done set of game files as there are files for each game version.
Also would this software have conflicts with QoL mods being in the game files? I run all my versions of Minecraft with OptiFine for better performance but it modifies some of the files (or adds new ones) so I don't know if it would create a conflict or not. If you don't know, would there be something to make it clear to me rather quickly whether Archipelago is functioning correctly or not if it accepts the game with OptiFine installed? Assuming of course it doesn't just accept it then immediately crash out upon loading.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,626 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Restricted Exploration in Open World Games? Moonface 2 303 Dec 7th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  UG Multi-World Sessions? ShiraNoMai 12 1,562 Jul 31st, 2023, 04:09 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your views on the emulation world Nightingale 49 24,109 Jul 20th, 2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Lore and World Building Moonface 16 7,644 Apr 6th, 2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25