Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,290
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Squirrel With a Gun

"Hey, this game looks fun!" I said to myself naively. "Sure, there's one area full of lava, but that's probably a challenge area or something. It'll be confined to that area, surely!"

So, for those that don't know, I have a legitimately debiliating phobia of lava and magma. If I imagine it, it's literally enough to keep me from sleeping. That's how bad it is. So when I opened the game up, and the first area is full of lava (in a secret bunker, no less), I thought "okay, but this will probably be one of the few areas that have it, right?" Then I get to the overworld, open the door to a random house, and see the floor is lava.

Can't play it. It's a really fun demo, though.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,290 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Squirrel With a Gun

"Hey, this game looks fun!" I said to myself naively. "Sure, there's one area full of lava, but that's probably a challenge area or something. It'll be confined to that area, surely!"

So, for those that don't know, I have a legitimately debiliating phobia of lava and magma. If I imagine it, it's literally enough to keep me from sleeping. That's how bad it is. So when I opened the game up, and the first area is full of lava (in a secret bunker, no less), I thought "okay, but this will probably be one of the few areas that have it, right?" Then I get to the overworld, open the door to a random house, and see the floor is lava.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
[Switch] Pokémon Violet: Shiny hunting for a Tropius.
[Steam/PC] Everafter Falls: Got as far as the first mini boss which was a cactus monster. I beat it and am still looking for the big boss of the 3rd dungeon. I've yet to find it, but I will one day soon.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
[Switch] Pokémon Violet: Shiny hunting for a Tropius.
[Steam/PC] Everafter Falls: Got as far as the first mini boss which was a cactus monster. I beat it and am still looking for the big boss of the 3rd dungeon. I've yet to find it, but I will one day soon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 10th, 2024, 02:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Squirrel With a Gun

Oh there's a demo? I didn't know that.
I'm a little surprised that someone could have a phobia of lava or magma considering you're unlikely to ever encounter it in reality unless you were to go actively looking for it. Gasp

Minecraft - Drehmal: Apotheosis (PC)
So this is the custom map I mentioned in my last post, but at this point the thing is worthy of just saying I'm playing it as its own game. Like, besides having been built in Minecraft this entire map is on par content wise to any AAA release, both in terms of scale and quality. We must have poured dozens of hours into this already and we're not even 50% into the main questline, and the new area we just discovered is such a huge build it'll probably take us 10+ hours to explore it all fully. I've seen some impressive builds in Minecraft before but the quality of some of the builds in this map are among if not the best I've ever seen anyone do in this game. For the developers of this map/mod to put it all out for free is insane because what they've made is easily worth $40+ based on what I've experienced so far.

Astro Bot (PS5)
Beat the first two areas, and have yet to start the third one. This game is easily my GotY without question.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 10th, 2024, 02:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Squirrel With a Gun

I'm a little surprised that someone could have a phobia of lava or magma considering you're unlikely to ever encounter it in reality unless you were to go actively looking for it. Gasp

Minecraft - Drehmal: Apotheosis (PC)
So this is the custom map I mentioned in my last post, but at this point the thing is worthy of just saying I'm playing it as its own game. Like, besides having been built in Minecraft this entire map is on par content wise to any AAA release, both in terms of scale and quality. We must have poured dozens of hours into this already and we're not even 50% into the main questline, and the new area we just discovered is such a huge build it'll probably take us 10+ hours to explore it all fully. I've seen some impressive builds in Minecraft before but the quality of some of the builds in this map are among if not the best I've ever seen anyone do in this game. For the developers of this map/mod to put it all out for free is insane because what they've made is easily worth $40+ based on what I've experienced so far.

Astro Bot (PS5)
Beat the first two areas, and have yet to start the third one. This game is easily my GotY without question.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,290
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Sep 14th, 2024, 11:41 PM)Moonface Wrote:

No, there isn't. I was cracking a joke about how far I got in the game (20 minutes) before realizing I couldn't play it. And yes, it's basically impossible to run into unless you go to a geologically active area, but considering falling into lava is legitimately one of the worst deaths you can imagine (mainly because its not instant), I think I can be justified in my terror, if only a little bit.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,290 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

No, there isn't. I was cracking a joke about how far I got in the game (20 minutes) before realizing I couldn't play it. And yes, it's basically impossible to run into unless you go to a geologically active area, but considering falling into lava is legitimately one of the worst deaths you can imagine (mainly because its not instant), I think I can be justified in my terror, if only a little bit.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2

I made a start on the 10th zone (out of 12)... I didn't solve many puzzles, but I did get both of the gold stars Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2

I made a start on the 10th zone (out of 12)... I didn't solve many puzzles, but I did get both of the gold stars Smile !
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2024, 02:20 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
And yes, it's basically impossible to run into unless you go to a geologically active area, but considering falling into lava is legitimately one of the worst deaths you can imagine (mainly because its not instant), I think I can be justified in my terror, if only a little bit.

Not to bury Moony further, but to further your point, Maniak: phobias are irrational fears; they don't need a rhyme or reason for them to exist. They simply just do. Traumas can be brought on by the simplest, most unassuming things, and the brain is far more sinister at crafting behind the scenes than you'd like to imagine lol
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2024, 02:20 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
And yes, it's basically impossible to run into unless you go to a geologically active area, but considering falling into lava is legitimately one of the worst deaths you can imagine (mainly because its not instant), I think I can be justified in my terror, if only a little bit.

Not to bury Moony further, but to further your point, Maniak: phobias are irrational fears; they don't need a rhyme or reason for them to exist. They simply just do. Traumas can be brought on by the simplest, most unassuming things, and the brain is far more sinister at crafting behind the scenes than you'd like to imagine lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Critter Cove [Steam/PC]: I just started a file yesterday and went to give old Shark face my stuff so he was able to build me a boat out of a bathtub. Now I can actually get to the next island over. I went to go and see what I needed to help Copperbottom with before I saved and quit. I still need to take apart some more motors before I can build a broken one. Yea, that's a thing in this game. lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Critter Cove [Steam/PC]: I just started a file yesterday and went to give old Shark face my stuff so he was able to build me a boat out of a bathtub. Now I can actually get to the next island over. I went to go and see what I needed to help Copperbottom with before I saved and quit. I still need to take apart some more motors before I can build a broken one. Yea, that's a thing in this game. lol
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,823
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Genshin Impact

Did Spiral Abyss on the night before it's reset for the new month cycle, big mistake for my two F2Ps as I didn't have enough time to re-adjust teams for Floor 12, EU had to stop at 29 stars and not even complete 12, NA at least completed it but only 33 star, not 36 star like my main account. Finished ascending Mualani on my EU F2P but her artifacts are nowhere near ideal to even consider her properly for the Abyss, perhaps can conjure something up before Theater's reset to use her in it. Completed Imaginarium Theater on my main early, easier than I thought apart from two Acts (7 & 8) when I had non ideal teams for them to get the stars but not too bothered by it.

Wuthering Waves

Not doing much, oh like Abyss I left completing stages in the Tower of Adversity so only got 6 stars, did get 9 stars but it reset before I could claim the rewards for the last 3 stars. Bah. I can't fully complete it yet anyway, don't have a third team ready yet, my second team is only good enough for the first stages in it, not 2-4.

Unicorn Overlord

Got back into the game after not playing for some weeks or even a month or so. Finished the Elven region (not correct name), moving into the Beast region next.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,823 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Genshin Impact

Did Spiral Abyss on the night before it's reset for the new month cycle, big mistake for my two F2Ps as I didn't have enough time to re-adjust teams for Floor 12, EU had to stop at 29 stars and not even complete 12, NA at least completed it but only 33 star, not 36 star like my main account. Finished ascending Mualani on my EU F2P but her artifacts are nowhere near ideal to even consider her properly for the Abyss, perhaps can conjure something up before Theater's reset to use her in it. Completed Imaginarium Theater on my main early, easier than I thought apart from two Acts (7 & 8) when I had non ideal teams for them to get the stars but not too bothered by it.

Wuthering Waves

Not doing much, oh like Abyss I left completing stages in the Tower of Adversity so only got 6 stars, did get 9 stars but it reset before I could claim the rewards for the last 3 stars. Bah. I can't fully complete it yet anyway, don't have a third team ready yet, my second team is only good enough for the first stages in it, not 2-4.

Unicorn Overlord

Got back into the game after not playing for some weeks or even a month or so. Finished the Elven region (not correct name), moving into the Beast region next.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
[PC/Steam] Critter Cove: I was able to buy the broken motor I needed from Renard. I then built the thing I needed and then went around the island taking a lot of the streetlights apart. I took apart at least 9/12 I could find then started to research some potted plants so I can start planting seeds in my game soon. I saved after all that & quit for the day.

[Switch] Pokemon Sword: I started up a new file since it's been a while. I picked scorebunny as my starter and then quit after going into the foggy woods trying to save a sheep.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
[PC/Steam] Critter Cove: I was able to buy the broken motor I needed from Renard. I then built the thing I needed and then went around the island taking a lot of the streetlights apart. I took apart at least 9/12 I could find then started to research some potted plants so I can start planting seeds in my game soon. I saved after all that & quit for the day.

[Switch] Pokemon Sword: I started up a new file since it's been a while. I picked scorebunny as my starter and then quit after going into the foggy woods trying to save a sheep.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Game You Played and Disliked? Moonface 3 266 Jun 26th, 2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 1,272 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 5,015 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 9,223 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 5,345 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface