I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Got a random anime or manga that you want to discuss, but it isn't quite worthy enough to deserve its own topic?

Than discuss it here! Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Got a random anime or manga that you want to discuss, but it isn't quite worthy enough to deserve its own topic?

Than discuss it here! Smile
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I find that I tend to enjoy anime that aren't as well known, over most popular anime. Many tend to have lower scores on Anime-Planet as well. One of my favorites is Shangri-La, which like no one knows about. There are plenty of great anime that no one knows about, such as Shion No Ou!
I should make a list on Anime-Planet, with all the unknown anime I really liked.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I find that I tend to enjoy anime that aren't as well known, over most popular anime. Many tend to have lower scores on Anime-Planet as well. One of my favorites is Shangri-La, which like no one knows about. There are plenty of great anime that no one knows about, such as Shion No Ou!
I should make a list on Anime-Planet, with all the unknown anime I really liked.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I'm tempted to start watching an animé called Buzzer Beater, from the same creator of my beloved Slam Dunk! But I haven't decided yet and I'm opened to suggestions and/or opinions on it Smile

Also, K-On! First season was fun and all, but I don't think I can stomach the second one... it became really obvious why people had such a negative opinion of it towards the end of S1.

Is it worth watching, guys?

Oh and I think Sword Art Online is going at it again, but no. Just no.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I'm tempted to start watching an animé called Buzzer Beater, from the same creator of my beloved Slam Dunk! But I haven't decided yet and I'm opened to suggestions and/or opinions on it Smile

Also, K-On! First season was fun and all, but I don't think I can stomach the second one... it became really obvious why people had such a negative opinion of it towards the end of S1.

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 03:51 AM)Tsu Wrote:

I've always been interested in K-on! But I have yet to watch it. It's not the genre I'm most interested in, so it tends to get the side line. But that's how I feel about Assasination Classroom. like it was a nice anime, but I have no urge to watch the second season. Similar scenario with Sword Art Online, It was okay, many things bothered me about it.. but I wasn't interested in the second season, especially since I heard it was girl ecchi galore.. no thanks! (I like the second part of the first season, where his cousin is his ally, just minus the cousin liking him part.)

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
(Jun 8th, 2018, 03:51 AM)Tsu Wrote:

I've always been interested in K-on! But I have yet to watch it. It's not the genre I'm most interested in, so it tends to get the side line. But that's how I feel about Assasination Classroom. like it was a nice anime, but I have no urge to watch the second season. Similar scenario with Sword Art Online, It was okay, many things bothered me about it.. but I wasn't interested in the second season, especially since I heard it was girl ecchi galore.. no thanks! (I like the second part of the first season, where his cousin is his ally, just minus the cousin liking him part.)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 8th, 2018, 04:15 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I've always been interested in K-on! But I have yet to watch it. It's not the genre I'm most interested in, so it tends to get the side line.

I did take a peak at K-On!'s (I'm not sure what I did there is even English xD) second season and, as far as I can tell, it's the crticisms the first season got, but multiplied by a thousand. I don't know how this could have happen, but I'm definitely not watching it now.

I do hope you enjoy the first one, though. There's a lot to like about it.

Quote:Similar scenario with Sword Art Online, It was okay, many things bothered me about it.. but I wasn't interested in the second season, especially since I heard it was girl ecchi galore.. no thanks! (I like the second part of the first season, where his cousin is his ally, just minus the cousin liking him part.)

Pretty much exactly my thoughts on it, dude.

I was very aware of the general opinion people had on the show before committing to it, but I was going to forgive some of the heavier issues if a concept as amazing as it had could satysfingly deliver (come on, a VR set that could kill you if you lose on the game, that no-one can remove from you without fatally injuring you and that effectively traps the motion-less you inside of it for as long as it takes to beat it it's as awesome a concept as we are gonna get) but the execution totally lost me.

The massive time/floor skips were one thing, and I could actually understand them given the show was only going to run for fourteen episodes... but the fact that they spent only those fourteen installments on Aincrad is what got me good. On the novels and whatnot, the game took two whole years to beat and it cost the lives of thousands of players, but the series just went out of its way not to show you any of it. Sure, things are teased and hinted at... but that's not world-building, especially for a newcomer such as myself.

And the fact that it then turned into what you described was the final nail on the coffin. I just gave up.

The novels, slow as they are in coming out, are good, though.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 8th, 2018, 04:15 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I've always been interested in K-on! But I have yet to watch it. It's not the genre I'm most interested in, so it tends to get the side line.

I did take a peak at K-On!'s (I'm not sure what I did there is even English xD) second season and, as far as I can tell, it's the crticisms the first season got, but multiplied by a thousand. I don't know how this could have happen, but I'm definitely not watching it now.

I do hope you enjoy the first one, though. There's a lot to like about it.

Quote:Similar scenario with Sword Art Online, It was okay, many things bothered me about it.. but I wasn't interested in the second season, especially since I heard it was girl ecchi galore.. no thanks! (I like the second part of the first season, where his cousin is his ally, just minus the cousin liking him part.)

Pretty much exactly my thoughts on it, dude.

I was very aware of the general opinion people had on the show before committing to it, but I was going to forgive some of the heavier issues if a concept as amazing as it had could satysfingly deliver (come on, a VR set that could kill you if you lose on the game, that no-one can remove from you without fatally injuring you and that effectively traps the motion-less you inside of it for as long as it takes to beat it it's as awesome a concept as we are gonna get) but the execution totally lost me.

The massive time/floor skips were one thing, and I could actually understand them given the show was only going to run for fourteen episodes... but the fact that they spent only those fourteen installments on Aincrad is what got me good. On the novels and whatnot, the game took two whole years to beat and it cost the lives of thousands of players, but the series just went out of its way not to show you any of it. Sure, things are teased and hinted at... but that's not world-building, especially for a newcomer such as myself.

And the fact that it then turned into what you described was the final nail on the coffin. I just gave up.

The novels, slow as they are in coming out, are good, though.
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 
Yeah, I even made a blog post about it too. Like it comes off as an action adventure, but then gets all romance-y. But then it keeps switching the story too many times.. like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Then all the perverted things were just too much for me.

So a friend of mine recommended Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I just finished part 4 a week or two ago. I loved it! I can't wait for part 5! I just wish they wouldn't kill so many dogs in the series.. But according to the creator, he did this because animals are more innocent than humans, so when the villain kills a dog, it shows you how evil they are.

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Yeah, I even made a blog post about it too. Like it comes off as an action adventure, but then gets all romance-y. But then it keeps switching the story too many times.. like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Then all the perverted things were just too much for me.

So a friend of mine recommended Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I just finished part 4 a week or two ago. I loved it! I can't wait for part 5! I just wish they wouldn't kill so many dogs in the series.. But according to the creator, he did this because animals are more innocent than humans, so when the villain kills a dog, it shows you how evil they are.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:Yeah, I even made a blog post about it too. Like it comes off as an action adventure, but then gets all romance-y. But then it keeps switching the story too many times.. like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Then all the perverted things were just too much for me.

I'd really like to read that blog post if it's still somewhere to be found. You seem to really have nailed why the series doesn't work Smile

I'm currently watching: BlazBlue: Alter Memory.

Really, really fun and engaging! I watched a little less than half of it yesterday night and I can't wait to have enough free time to come back and finish it off.

One amusing side-effect to it, however, is that I'm now no longer able to read EL's posts without automically putting Terumi's voice on top. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, remains to be seen Grin
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:Yeah, I even made a blog post about it too. Like it comes off as an action adventure, but then gets all romance-y. But then it keeps switching the story too many times.. like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Then all the perverted things were just too much for me.

I'd really like to read that blog post if it's still somewhere to be found. You seem to really have nailed why the series doesn't work Smile

Really, really fun and engaging! I watched a little less than half of it yesterday night and I can't wait to have enough free time to come back and finish it off.

One amusing side-effect to it, however, is that I'm now no longer able to read EL's posts without automically putting Terumi's voice on top. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, remains to be seen Grin
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
If any one else is old enough to appreciate late 90s and 00/01 pop culture references Ghost Stories.

Its so bad, its good. Whistle

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
If any one else is old enough to appreciate late 90s and 00/01 pop culture references Ghost Stories.

Its so bad, its good. Whistle
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 
Yeah, usually people talk about how much they love SAO and I'm like.. no thanks! One of my friends absolutely hates it, he told me he made a video about it too. My Blog post is here.

SAO is a good example of me not usually liking the popular anime.

I just watched two episodes of this anime called "Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens". I like it so far, the lead is a crossdresser, and it looks like it might have shounen-ai undertones. But it's about hitmen, it's very interesting so far.

Speaking of Ghost anime. I watched Ghost Hunt in 2009. AMAZING ANIME. I should probably re-watch it.

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Yeah, usually people talk about how much they love SAO and I'm like.. no thanks! One of my friends absolutely hates it, he told me he made a video about it too. My Blog post is here.

SAO is a good example of me not usually liking the popular anime.

I just watched two episodes of this anime called "Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens". I like it so far, the lead is a crossdresser, and it looks like it might have shounen-ai undertones. But it's about hitmen, it's very interesting so far.

Speaking of Ghost anime. I watched Ghost Hunt in 2009. AMAZING ANIME. I should probably re-watch it.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Yo, Hotspot! Very nice review Smile

I mostly agree with what you said on it (kinda wished you had gone on for longer, but I understand why you didn't) and I definitely agree with the score you gave it.

The show's not truly horrible, but definitely not great either. Kind of average, really.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

I mostly agree with what you said on it (kinda wished you had gone on for longer, but I understand why you didn't) and I definitely agree with the score you gave it.

The show's not truly horrible, but definitely not great either. Kind of average, really.
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
Mega Man Bioshock 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 11:35 PM)Tsu Wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was short too. I'd make it longer, but it's been 4 years since I made that post (And watched the anime), so I don't remember that much about it to add to it now. lol

Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
(Jun 11th, 2018, 11:35 PM)Tsu Wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was short too. I'd make it longer, but it's been 4 years since I made that post (And watched the anime), so I don't remember that much about it to add to it now. lol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't watched much anime the last 10-12 years, but last summer I finally got around to getting back into a couple of series thanks to the anime marathon that Crunchy Roll hosted on Twitch. It involved several anime series that I was interested in, so I watched them and greatly enjoyed them. They were...

New Game!
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Gabrial Dropout

And I loved all three of them, especially New Game! . Since watching them during that marathon, I picked up New Game! Season 1 (along with a couple of Aoba figurines <3) and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid when they released on DVD over here. Would love for Gabrial Dropout to get a western release as well, but haven't seen anything about it yet.

Can't wait to watch New Game! Season 2 whenever I manage to pull myself away from my gaming to watch it.

Oh, and in addition to those, I also have the Hyperdimension Neptunia complete set as well to watch. As well as the NEKOPARA OVA (which I was a backer of on Kickstarter).

Eventually I'll get around to watching those.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't watched much anime the last 10-12 years, but last summer I finally got around to getting back into a couple of series thanks to the anime marathon that Crunchy Roll hosted on Twitch. It involved several anime series that I was interested in, so I watched them and greatly enjoyed them. They were...

New Game!
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Gabrial Dropout

And I loved all three of them, especially New Game! . Since watching them during that marathon, I picked up New Game! Season 1 (along with a couple of Aoba figurines <3) and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid when they released on DVD over here. Would love for Gabrial Dropout to get a western release as well, but haven't seen anything about it yet.

Can't wait to watch New Game! Season 2 whenever I manage to pull myself away from my gaming to watch it.

Oh, and in addition to those, I also have the Hyperdimension Neptunia complete set as well to watch. As well as the NEKOPARA OVA (which I was a backer of on Kickstarter).

Eventually I'll get around to watching those.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

[/quote]

What're you watching that trash for?! Doesn't even show my full potential. Idea Engine, MY ASS! Mark my words Rags, you'll be suffering for eternity! HYEH HEH HEH HA HA HA!

I mean, cool you're watching the Alert Memory anime. I saw that too, and did enjoy for what it was. I know some people who played that games didn't enjoy it, but they weren't given much episodes to make it as good as it could've been. Wish they were more patient for Central Fiction, then make the anime. I love the opening, ending (especially the still image that rotates of the characters), all or most original VAs used (can't remember if English were), and Hazama of course. :XD

I'm currently watching...no anime at the moment. Have quite a few on hold or meaning watch, though. Gintama, Ben-to, Humanity Has Declined and a few others.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

[/quote]

What're you watching that trash for?! Doesn't even show my full potential. Idea Engine, MY ASS! Mark my words Rags, you'll be suffering for eternity! HYEH HEH HEH HA HA HA!

I mean, cool you're watching the Alert Memory anime. I saw that too, and did enjoy for what it was. I know some people who played that games didn't enjoy it, but they weren't given much episodes to make it as good as it could've been. Wish they were more patient for Central Fiction, then make the anime. I love the opening, ending (especially the still image that rotates of the characters), all or most original VAs used (can't remember if English were), and Hazama of course. :XD

I'm currently watching...no anime at the moment. Have quite a few on hold or meaning watch, though. Gintama, Ben-to, Humanity Has Declined and a few others.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:What're you watching that trash for?! Doesn't even show my full potential. Idea Engine, MY ASS! Mark my words Rags, you'll be suffering for eternity! HYEH HEH HEH HA HA HA!

Hahah, nice xD

I finished it last night and... honestly, the last four episodes were such a drag to sit thru, I can't honestly say I recommend it any longer.

I mean, sure, the story was nice and I loved the overall quality, but some things just cannot be forgiven. Still worthwhile, though.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:What're you watching that trash for?! Doesn't even show my full potential. Idea Engine, MY ASS! Mark my words Rags, you'll be suffering for eternity! HYEH HEH HEH HA HA HA!

Hahah, nice xD

I finished it last night and... honestly, the last four episodes were such a drag to sit thru, I can't honestly say I recommend it any longer.

I mean, sure, the story was nice and I loved the overall quality, but some things just cannot be forgiven. Still worthwhile, though.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
SAO Alicization arc is starting soon. Anybody going to watch it?
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
SAO Alicization arc is starting soon. Anybody going to watch it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,590,352 7 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,400 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,177 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,333 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale