Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Animal Crossing will finally be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2019, as announced during today's Nintendo Direct! No details were given about the game, so for now all we can do is hope and speculate. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Animal Crossing will finally be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2019, as announced during today's Nintendo Direct! No details were given about the game, so for now all we can do is hope and speculate. ^_^
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Okay so here the thing when this was announced I wasn't watching the direct. My friend she messaged me and was like, "Did you see the direct?" and I was playing Overwatch and in a match so while I was dead I replied to her.

I was shocked and so happyyyyy that they finally announced this! Animal Crossing is a title you get out early in your system's life span nintendo! Trust me on this Animal Crossing is a game they will constantly come back too and give you all the money for your new shiny "subscription online service".
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Okay so here the thing when this was announced I wasn't watching the direct. My friend she messaged me and was like, "Did you see the direct?" and I was playing Overwatch and in a match so while I was dead I replied to her.

I was shocked and so happyyyyy that they finally announced this! Animal Crossing is a title you get out early in your system's life span nintendo! Trust me on this Animal Crossing is a game they will constantly come back too and give you all the money for your new shiny "subscription online service".
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm just hoping that some stuff from Pocket camp is kept, like selling stuff from your inventory to others & them to everyone is still something that you can do. Or that you could give fish, or bugs to your friends when they visit & need something. I also would like SOME SORT of reward from Blathers when you 100% the Museum, that'd be great.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm just hoping that some stuff from Pocket camp is kept, like selling stuff from your inventory to others & them to everyone is still something that you can do. Or that you could give fish, or bugs to your friends when they visit & need something. I also would like SOME SORT of reward from Blathers when you 100% the Museum, that'd be great.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Pretty keen for this one. I'll have to remember to buy it digitally this time around so I have it with me all the time.

Also hoping they come up with a Switch bundle for it so I can nudge my Mum to get it.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Pretty keen for this one. I'll have to remember to buy it digitally this time around so I have it with me all the time.

Also hoping they come up with a Switch bundle for it so I can nudge my Mum to get it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Comes to Switch in 2020
During today's E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, we got our first look at the upcoming Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch, called Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

As Nintendo describes, you'll "start fresh on a deserted island and enjoy a peaceful existence full of creativity, freedom, and charm as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be. Collect resources you can craft into everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb and try out some new tricks of the gardening trade. Set up a perfect homestead where the rules of what goes indoors or out no longer apply. Go fishing, pole-vault across rivers as you explore your island home, make friends with new arrivals, kick back and enjoy the seasons, and more!"

While the trailer in the Direct didn't show much, an extended look at the game was shown over at Nintendo Treehouse:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons will release on March 20, 2020.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Comes to Switch in 2020
During today's E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, we got our first look at the upcoming Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch, called Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

As Nintendo describes, you'll "start fresh on a deserted island and enjoy a peaceful existence full of creativity, freedom, and charm as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be. Collect resources you can craft into everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb and try out some new tricks of the gardening trade. Set up a perfect homestead where the rules of what goes indoors or out no longer apply. Go fishing, pole-vault across rivers as you explore your island home, make friends with new arrivals, kick back and enjoy the seasons, and more!"

While the trailer in the Direct didn't show much, an extended look at the game was shown over at Nintendo Treehouse:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons will release on March 20, 2020.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
My first reaction when seeing the new trailer and gameplay for the new Animal Crossing was "Everything is so pretty!" I loved all the textures and details from the lands and just the shine of the character's hair! <3 This is just so much yes and was definitely something I feel was unexpected, but everything I really could hope for.

To me this is the game of E3 mainly because while I like Breath of the Wild I'm not really a fan of open world games so I'm not that interested in the sequel unless it pulls say a Majora Mask on us and when it comes to Pokemon I will always love Pokemon I am honestly disappointed to know that they seem to be moving away from getting them all since only a certain amount of Pokemon will be available to us to transfer over which really hurts it in the long run.

Moving onto my thoughts about the changes that AC is bringing to us I love the fact they are giving us even more greater customization of our town and it seems to be heading in an amazing direction and I am actually just so excited about the chance of wearing a bag or new slot for clothes! I love the fact that we can now place furniture into the world which is an amazing new feature that will really allow us to beautify our towns and make them truly unique! The idea of crafting seems to be an interesting thing like being able to gather up the material to make your own furniture, tools, or whatever should be a lot of fun and give us a reason to collect things. They also still allow you to share a town with other people on your switch and they do have an interesting local multiplayer element that is new to the series.

I'm assuming that as our town develops we won't have as much of a need to craft as we did previously and they are adding in new items types like bait and allowing us to catch live clam and different things like that is always good....though honestly I am going to try to do it legitimately I am hoping that the requirement to build the shops won't be something that feel too tedious and has enough feel to say feel good.

I am enjoying the idea of a Nook Phone and am looking forward to getting my nook miles and eventually having everyone over because a town can literally support 8 players that is insane! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
My first reaction when seeing the new trailer and gameplay for the new Animal Crossing was "Everything is so pretty!" I loved all the textures and details from the lands and just the shine of the character's hair! <3 This is just so much yes and was definitely something I feel was unexpected, but everything I really could hope for.

To me this is the game of E3 mainly because while I like Breath of the Wild I'm not really a fan of open world games so I'm not that interested in the sequel unless it pulls say a Majora Mask on us and when it comes to Pokemon I will always love Pokemon I am honestly disappointed to know that they seem to be moving away from getting them all since only a certain amount of Pokemon will be available to us to transfer over which really hurts it in the long run.

Moving onto my thoughts about the changes that AC is bringing to us I love the fact they are giving us even more greater customization of our town and it seems to be heading in an amazing direction and I am actually just so excited about the chance of wearing a bag or new slot for clothes! I love the fact that we can now place furniture into the world which is an amazing new feature that will really allow us to beautify our towns and make them truly unique! The idea of crafting seems to be an interesting thing like being able to gather up the material to make your own furniture, tools, or whatever should be a lot of fun and give us a reason to collect things. They also still allow you to share a town with other people on your switch and they do have an interesting local multiplayer element that is new to the series.

I'm assuming that as our town develops we won't have as much of a need to craft as we did previously and they are adding in new items types like bait and allowing us to catch live clam and different things like that is always good....though honestly I am going to try to do it legitimately I am hoping that the requirement to build the shops won't be something that feel too tedious and has enough feel to say feel good.

I am enjoying the idea of a Nook Phone and am looking forward to getting my nook miles and eventually having everyone over because a town can literally support 8 players that is insane! Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I found a write up from IGN that explains that yes, Isabelle will be in AC:H & how that might be able to happen; https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/...es-e3-2019

I thought it would make an interesting read for fans of the series to read. I'm just wondering what other goodies are going to be in the game; can't wait to start playing.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I found a write up from IGN that explains that yes, Isabelle will be in AC:H & how that might be able to happen; https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/...es-e3-2019

I thought it would make an interesting read for fans of the series to read. I'm just wondering what other goodies are going to be in the game; can't wait to start playing.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I've actually never played an Animal Crossing game, even though I've always loved Harvest Moon and a lot of people compare them, but this looks super cute and might give me a chance to get into the series Tongue
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I've actually never played an Animal Crossing game, even though I've always loved Harvest Moon and a lot of people compare them, but this looks super cute and might give me a chance to get into the series Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2019, 08:12 PM)Amalthea Wrote:
I've actually never played an Animal Crossing game...
Same here. The fact that this game is letting you build the town rather than just become the mayor of an existing town makes me really intrigued to try this game out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2019, 08:12 PM)Amalthea Wrote:
I've actually never played an Animal Crossing game...
Same here. The fact that this game is letting you build the town rather than just become the mayor of an existing town makes me really intrigued to try this game out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to Island Life! - New Trailer from 9.4.2019 Direct

A new trailer was shown off during yesterday's Nintendo Direct that showcased and explained all the new features the game will have when it launches in March 2020.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to Island Life! - New Trailer from 9.4.2019 Direct

A new trailer was shown off during yesterday's Nintendo Direct that showcased and explained all the new features the game will have when it launches in March 2020.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Look, new hair styles.. All sorts of weather & one of the new types of weather is wind that whips through the trees really hard. It also looks like in order to do certain things you have to eat certain amounts of food; like 3 pieces of fruit in the instance of digging up a WHOLE tree then replanting it else where. Which is interesting; since whenever you ate fruit in New Leaf (or the other games) didn't really seem to do anything otherwise; unless it was a rare food item that made your character very happy. So it's interesting to see that this time, in New Horizons you might actually have to be more aware of if you need to eat fruit or not when doing simple tasks.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Look, new hair styles.. All sorts of weather & one of the new types of weather is wind that whips through the trees really hard. It also looks like in order to do certain things you have to eat certain amounts of food; like 3 pieces of fruit in the instance of digging up a WHOLE tree then replanting it else where. Which is interesting; since whenever you ate fruit in New Leaf (or the other games) didn't really seem to do anything otherwise; unless it was a rare food item that made your character very happy. So it's interesting to see that this time, in New Horizons you might actually have to be more aware of if you need to eat fruit or not when doing simple tasks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If food never had much use in prior games, then it'll be nice to see it applied in this game for doing tasks and stuff. It sounds like it'll be similar to Stardew where you don't need food, but eating it can give you certain buffs that help you do other tasks.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If food never had much use in prior games, then it'll be nice to see it applied in this game for doing tasks and stuff. It sounds like it'll be similar to Stardew where you don't need food, but eating it can give you certain buffs that help you do other tasks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone getting the New Horizon's themed Switch that was revealed a few days ago? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone getting the New Horizon's themed Switch that was revealed a few days ago? Smile
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 2nd, 2020, 07:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

You mean this one;

If I could get in one of the stores I go to; maybe. But I'm fine with the og Switch & Switch lite (yellow) I got.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 2nd, 2020, 07:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

You mean this one;

If I could get in one of the stores I go to; maybe. But I'm fine with the og Switch & Switch lite (yellow) I got.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and would get at least those joy-con in a heartbeat if they sold separately. Sadly, so far it seems they're only selling separately in Japan. Though, I almost have those exact colors right now on my Switch: The Neon Blue (from the Neon Red/Blue Switch) and Green (from the Splatoon joy-con set). ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and would get at least those joy-con in a heartbeat if they sold separately. Sadly, so far it seems they're only selling separately in Japan. Though, I almost have those exact colors right now on my Switch: The Neon Blue (from the Neon Red/Blue Switch) and Green (from the Splatoon joy-con set). ROFL