Early Access Palworld | Update v0.2.0.6 Details | Pokémon with guns
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Palworld devs really sitting there like "how far can we push this"

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Palworld devs really sitting there like "how far can we push this"

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Watching the Pokemon fanboys having another mental meltdown on Twitter over this is fucking hilarious.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Watching the Pokemon fanboys having another mental meltdown on Twitter over this is fucking hilarious.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,588
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know this isn't the case but it would be really funny if the developers started making Pals closer in resemblance to existing Pokémon after all the comparisons that kept getting made when the game first launched. XD

Honestly though, this game reminds me a bit of AEW and WWE, where the latter viewed itself as too big to fail and stopped caring about doing what actually made a good product because people would consume it anyway, and then a new competitor came along that actually kept getting the attention of those fans and drew the ones away who wanted better, to the point that WWE started to change things in response to it. Now I don't expect The Pokémon Company to actually pull themselves together in the wake of this game (although I didn't expect WWE to do it either) but just thought it was an interesting comparison of sorts. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,588 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know this isn't the case but it would be really funny if the developers started making Pals closer in resemblance to existing Pokémon after all the comparisons that kept getting made when the game first launched. XD

Honestly though, this game reminds me a bit of AEW and WWE, where the latter viewed itself as too big to fail and stopped caring about doing what actually made a good product because people would consume it anyway, and then a new competitor came along that actually kept getting the attention of those fans and drew the ones away who wanted better, to the point that WWE started to change things in response to it. Now I don't expect The Pokémon Company to actually pull themselves together in the wake of this game (although I didn't expect WWE to do it either) but just thought it was an interesting comparison of sorts. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | NG+ Patch Details Moonface 45 4,286 9 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Tomb Raider (Series) | I-III Remastered Details Moonface 20 11,107 Jan 17th, 2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Moonface