Dragon's Dogma (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Despite the trailer being for this games fifth anniversary, Dragon's Dogma is actually now 10 years old, and Capcom have updated the games official website to celebrate the occasion! Grin

Capcom Wrote:
Dragon's Dogma, first released in 2012, is celebrating its 10th anniversary!

Thank you, Arisen, for taking up arms and braving through the impossible challenges laid ahead of you. We are forever grateful for your support throughout the years and hope you will join us in this momentous celebration of Dragon's Dogma!

For those who have played it, what are your favourite memories about the game, and do you hope that this anniversary celebration could lead to a sequel announcement at NotE3 2022?

I've had this game in my mind quite often lately somehow, despite having never played it. I can't decide whether to jump in or not though. Hmm I also didn't know this game had an anime on Netflix.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Despite the trailer being for this games fifth anniversary, Dragon's Dogma is actually now 10 years old, and Capcom have updated the games official website to celebrate the occasion! Grin

Capcom Wrote:
Dragon's Dogma, first released in 2012, is celebrating its 10th anniversary!

Thank you, Arisen, for taking up arms and braving through the impossible challenges laid ahead of you. We are forever grateful for your support throughout the years and hope you will join us in this momentous celebration of Dragon's Dogma!

For those who have played it, what are your favourite memories about the game, and do you hope that this anniversary celebration could lead to a sequel announcement at NotE3 2022?

I've had this game in my mind quite often lately somehow, despite having never played it. I can't decide whether to jump in or not though. Hmm I also didn't know this game had an anime on Netflix.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Dragon's Dogma is an amazing game. Has the best bow mechanics of any games released around the same time (Skyim, Dark Souls, etc.). The expansion was top-tier and the combat overall is just really good. One of my favorite RPGs, and if they don't announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 for the 10 year anniversary, then they wasted the anniversary harder than MiHoYo did Genshin's 1 year.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Dragon's Dogma is an amazing game. Has the best bow mechanics of any games released around the same time (Skyim, Dark Souls, etc.). The expansion was top-tier and the combat overall is just really good. One of my favorite RPGs, and if they don't announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 for the 10 year anniversary, then they wasted the anniversary harder than MiHoYo did Genshin's 1 year.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2022, 01:19 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
...if they don't announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 for the 10 year anniversary, then they wasted the anniversary harder than MiHoYo did Genshin's 1 year.
I feel like if a sequel isn't announced in any form during NotE3 that there's a high chance one isn't happening, which seems odd to me considering the support Capcom has given this IP over the last decade and the support it has received from fans.

Is there anything the original did that could be improved with a sequel, or was it pretty much on point for the time it was made and just mostly needs things brought in line with modern standards?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2022, 01:19 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
...if they don't announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 for the 10 year anniversary, then they wasted the anniversary harder than MiHoYo did Genshin's 1 year.
I feel like if a sequel isn't announced in any form during NotE3 that there's a high chance one isn't happening, which seems odd to me considering the support Capcom has given this IP over the last decade and the support it has received from fans.

Is there anything the original did that could be improved with a sequel, or was it pretty much on point for the time it was made and just mostly needs things brought in line with modern standards?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dragon's Dogma is still one my favourite all-time games, still sits firmly underneath PM:TTYD with three playthroughs unfinished, semi-intentionally though. XD Because I adored the game so much especially with the Dark Arisen inclusion, I just...didn't want to finish any of them. Well, one has yet to reach post-game.

Obviously haven't watched the Netflix anime. Would be cool to finally see something like a proper sequel, and not the online game that was available overseas and never turned into a game for worldwide, because well I wouldn't have but for what I did see of Online, I liked the look of the new enemies introduced there.
If a sequel does drop, the main thing I was concerned with was city/town settlements as there's only two main locations (Cassardis and Gran Soren). Oh, then being able to play with 4 players in a party or at the very least, one other player and their main pawn if Pawns return, which I actually hope they do because I did enjoy the AI company even with some of their shortcomings, which never really bothered me. So yeah, a bigger world, maybe not as big as Elden Ring but if so, then that'll be welcome. Better enemy scaling with your levels too perhaps. Combat is the best I've ever played in a game, so not too sure where to tweak or add there, erm, some more classes maybe, the 9 were good though...well apart from maybe Warrior for getting only 3 skills to use at one time as they were allowed one weapon. A "Brawler" class would be sweet.

Also, a sequel might make me go back to my playthroughs and finish them up. To note: I do know of New Game+ and of the trophies that relate to getting alternate endings/completing the game a second time, but nope. I'll do that too perhaps. LOL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Dragon's Dogma is still one my favourite all-time games, still sits firmly underneath PM:TTYD with three playthroughs unfinished, semi-intentionally though. XD Because I adored the game so much especially with the Dark Arisen inclusion, I just...didn't want to finish any of them. Well, one has yet to reach post-game.

Obviously haven't watched the Netflix anime. Would be cool to finally see something like a proper sequel, and not the online game that was available overseas and never turned into a game for worldwide, because well I wouldn't have but for what I did see of Online, I liked the look of the new enemies introduced there.
If a sequel does drop, the main thing I was concerned with was city/town settlements as there's only two main locations (Cassardis and Gran Soren). Oh, then being able to play with 4 players in a party or at the very least, one other player and their main pawn if Pawns return, which I actually hope they do because I did enjoy the AI company even with some of their shortcomings, which never really bothered me. So yeah, a bigger world, maybe not as big as Elden Ring but if so, then that'll be welcome. Better enemy scaling with your levels too perhaps. Combat is the best I've ever played in a game, so not too sure where to tweak or add there, erm, some more classes maybe, the 9 were good though...well apart from maybe Warrior for getting only 3 skills to use at one time as they were allowed one weapon. A "Brawler" class would be sweet.

Also, a sequel might make me go back to my playthroughs and finish them up. To note: I do know of New Game+ and of the trophies that relate to getting alternate endings/completing the game a second time, but nope. I'll do that too perhaps. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 Officially in Development
At the end of today's 10th anniversary video for Dragon's Dogma, Capcom announced that Dragon's Dogma 2 is officially in development. No further information was given besides this, so who knows how long it's already been in the works or when we'll get to see anything. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 Officially in Development
At the end of today's 10th anniversary video for Dragon's Dogma, Capcom announced that Dragon's Dogma 2 is officially in development. No further information was given besides this, so who knows how long it's already been in the works or when we'll get to see anything. ROFL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
[Image: finally-tardy.gif]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
[Image: finally-tardy.gif]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if sales in DD1 will increase off the back of this announcement or not. I'm strongly contemplating it now more than ever. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if sales in DD1 will increase off the back of this announcement or not. I'm strongly contemplating it now more than ever. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure it will. When NieR: Automata was revealed at E3 in... 2016, I believe it was, stock of the original NieR game went out fast on Amazon that day. I quickly went there to secure a copy of my own for PS3 before the price was increased/stock ran out (think I got it for like $13 or something, the next day it was much higher).

I am happy that it got announced, but I'm not going to get too excited until we actually see some footage. There's a lot of issues the first game had that they need to address in the second, so I'll reserve my hype for when we see if those things got fixed or not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure it will. When NieR: Automata was revealed at E3 in... 2016, I believe it was, stock of the original NieR game went out fast on Amazon that day. I quickly went there to secure a copy of my own for PS3 before the price was increased/stock ran out (think I got it for like $13 or something, the next day it was much higher).

I am happy that it got announced, but I'm not going to get too excited until we actually see some footage. There's a lot of issues the first game had that they need to address in the second, so I'll reserve my hype for when we see if those things got fixed or not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I learned that the game is in development with the RE Engine, which is an incredibly good engine that Capcom have on their hands and apparently it was used for one of the recent Monster Hunter games, which if true means it has been used for some degree of an open world already so it won't be a sudden change to use the engine for such a thing.

I might see if I can find a copy of the original on PS4 before prices get too high on it. Even if I never play it I'd rather have it and not use it than not have it and want to use it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I learned that the game is in development with the RE Engine, which is an incredibly good engine that Capcom have on their hands and apparently it was used for one of the recent Monster Hunter games, which if true means it has been used for some degree of an open world already so it won't be a sudden change to use the engine for such a thing.

I might see if I can find a copy of the original on PS4 before prices get too high on it. Even if I never play it I'd rather have it and not use it than not have it and want to use it. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I watched the announcement on the night (for me) as I said I would. Didn't mind the little talk the peeps did before what we wanted, did notice the chat complaining though so turned that off. Happy it's finally announced and well, I'm sold if combat remains mostly in tact really. If it's online-only I'll be annoyed but will buy for PC, if having a party requires only players then I...don't know. Please allow "Main" Pawn at the very least for an AI companion. Oh but yes, will need to wait for gameplay footage first.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I watched the announcement on the night (for me) as I said I would. Didn't mind the little talk the peeps did before what we wanted, did notice the chat complaining though so turned that off. Happy it's finally announced and well, I'm sold if combat remains mostly in tact really. If it's online-only I'll be annoyed but will buy for PC, if having a party requires only players then I...don't know. Please allow "Main" Pawn at the very least for an AI companion. Oh but yes, will need to wait for gameplay footage first.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2022, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If it's online-only I'll be annoyed but will buy for PC, if having a party requires only players then I...don't know. Please allow "Main" Pawn at the very least for an AI companion. Oh but yes, will need to wait for gameplay footage first.
Doubtful it'll be online-only, since that was already tried with Dragon's Dogma Online which I don't think even released outside of Japan.

The sequel announcement did wonders for the OG game though; this past weekend the game hit its highest player count on Steam in six years, with a grand total of 6582 players. It currently has a ridiculous discount on Steam too so I wonder how many players are new versus returning.
Ooh! It also has a discount on PSN too. For only $4.79 I might just grab it because I ain't going to find a physical copy close to that price. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2022, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If it's online-only I'll be annoyed but will buy for PC, if having a party requires only players then I...don't know. Please allow "Main" Pawn at the very least for an AI companion. Oh but yes, will need to wait for gameplay footage first.
Doubtful it'll be online-only, since that was already tried with Dragon's Dogma Online which I don't think even released outside of Japan.

The sequel announcement did wonders for the OG game though; this past weekend the game hit its highest player count on Steam in six years, with a grand total of 6582 players. It currently has a ridiculous discount on Steam too so I wonder how many players are new versus returning.
Ooh! It also has a discount on PSN too. For only $4.79 I might just grab it because I ain't going to find a physical copy close to that price. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yeah that never releasing anywhere else. Wouldn't mind seeing a return of enemies from DDO as we didn't get to experience them.

Holy crap, $4.79 and discount on Steam? Anyone who's interested, that's a steal! I'll check on Switch....of course still full price (£24.99 for UK) and physical copies are much more than that. Yeah, PSN's good. Heck the price is so low, I might buy it just so I don't have to put my disc in. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yeah that never releasing anywhere else. Wouldn't mind seeing a return of enemies from DDO as we didn't get to experience them.

Holy crap, $4.79 and discount on Steam? Anyone who's interested, that's a steal! I'll check on Switch....of course still full price (£24.99 for UK) and physical copies are much more than that. Yeah, PSN's good. Heck the price is so low, I might buy it just so I don't have to put my disc in. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Started playing it about half an hour ago. Just had my heart ripped out and just exploring the beginning town you start in. I was surprised to find the game has no lock on or dodge system.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Started playing it about half an hour ago. Just had my heart ripped out and just exploring the beginning town you start in. I was surprised to find the game has no lock on or dodge system.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Watching the gameplay, I'm definitely interested in what they'll have to offer in the sequel. Looks to be like it'll be mostly polishing all the hard edges and such that the PS3-developed title had.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Watching the gameplay, I'm definitely interested in what they'll have to offer in the sequel. Looks to be like it'll be mostly polishing all the hard edges and such that the PS3-developed title had.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I need to play on my PS4 version again to get my Main Pawn ready and available for you to potentially use in a party. Heck, I'll play some right now actually, I don't think I'm as far as I hope I am. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I need to play on my PS4 version again to get my Main Pawn ready and available for you to potentially use in a party. Heck, I'll play some right now actually, I don't think I'm as far as I hope I am. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Halo (Series) WR91 13 3,302 Feb 5th, 2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface