Lies of P | Version 1.3.0.0 Patch
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
There's a lot. I'll hide the list of my issues with the game below and you can take a peek if you want:

tl;dr version: They tried to copy Bloodborne, missed the mark by a comedic amount, and just ended up making a game that takes everything bad about the Souls game and compiles it into one place. Extremely disappointing because I thought this game was going to take home the crown for my personal game of the year, but instead it's going to be a game that I get the platinum for and then forget it ever existed. They went heavy on artificial difficulty and it just makes the game boring and unfun.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
There's a lot. I'll hide the list of my issues with the game below and you can take a peek if you want:

tl;dr version: They tried to copy Bloodborne, missed the mark by a comedic amount, and just ended up making a game that takes everything bad about the Souls game and compiles it into one place. Extremely disappointing because I thought this game was going to take home the crown for my personal game of the year, but instead it's going to be a game that I get the platinum for and then forget it ever existed. They went heavy on artificial difficulty and it just makes the game boring and unfun.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I looked through your whole spoiler DL and quote replied to each point where I had something to say. Keeping it in the spoiler tag though just for anyone else who doesn't want to see (the spoiler is purely about game design and mechanics, nothing about story or anything like that, for anyone wondering what might be in it but feels apprehensive).

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I looked through your whole spoiler DL and quote replied to each point where I had something to say. Keeping it in the spoiler tag though just for anyone else who doesn't want to see (the spoiler is purely about game design and mechanics, nothing about story or anything like that, for anyone wondering what might be in it but feels apprehensive).

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The devs clearly wanted the bosses to be extremely aggressive like in Bloodborne, the only problem is that the reason why Bloodborne is so damn fun is because YOU are also able to be extremely aggressive. You get this really satisfying system of just going balls to the wall with bosses and getting in their faces and just unleashing all hell on them. Get hit? Get back in there and regain that HP by tearing that boss a new one.

Instead they were like, let's take Bloodborne's hyper aggressive bosses, Dark Souls 2's slow, clunky, awful feeling base level characters, and put them into the same game together. It's like they took all of the wrong aspects of Souls game and meshed them together in this game. Bosses are usually always the highlight of a Souls-like game, but they definitely feel like more of a chore than anything in this one.

Probably just going to start cheesing with throwing items to get the game over with and get the plat. I like the setting and the story, but the bosses just make me sad. Only have a few more days until Fate/Samurai Remnant comes out, so gotta go fast.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The devs clearly wanted the bosses to be extremely aggressive like in Bloodborne, the only problem is that the reason why Bloodborne is so damn fun is because YOU are also able to be extremely aggressive. You get this really satisfying system of just going balls to the wall with bosses and getting in their faces and just unleashing all hell on them. Get hit? Get back in there and regain that HP by tearing that boss a new one.

Instead they were like, let's take Bloodborne's hyper aggressive bosses, Dark Souls 2's slow, clunky, awful feeling base level characters, and put them into the same game together. It's like they took all of the wrong aspects of Souls game and meshed them together in this game. Bosses are usually always the highlight of a Souls-like game, but they definitely feel like more of a chore than anything in this one.

Probably just going to start cheesing with throwing items to get the game over with and get the plat. I like the setting and the story, but the bosses just make me sad. Only have a few more days until Fate/Samurai Remnant comes out, so gotta go fast.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Lies of P: Patch 1.2.0.0
Patch 1.2.0.0 is currently out now for Steam and PlayStation, but will be coming to Xbox at a later time. The changes to the game in this patch are as followed:

Balance Changes

Field Monster Balance Changes
  • Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
  • Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger
  • Increased the staggerable window time
  • Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
  • Increased the Specter's HP and damage

Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
  • Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
  • Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
  • Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
  • Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after "Lorenzini Arcade"

Boss Monster Balance Changes
  • Decreased the HP of 'Fallen Archbishop Andreus'
  • Decreased the HP of ['King of Puppets' in the first phase
  • Decreased the HP of 'Simon Manus, Arm of God'
  • Decreased the damage of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
  • Increased the chance to break the stance of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'"

System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
  • Added the feature to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the 'Gold Coin Tree'
  • Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
  • Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms

Additional Changes
  • Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
  • Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
  • Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
  • Successfully performing the Fable Art 'Guard Parry' will now break the monster's stance

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium II - Acid Charge' rarely not working properly.
  • Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium' consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
  • Fixed a bug that Geppetto's face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the 'Nameless Puppet' with Graphic Quality Presets - Low
  • Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)

You can read the full patch notes for Version 1.2.0.0 here!

Thank GOD they increased the amount of the weight increase from leveling Capacity. Maybe now I'll actually feel like the points I invested into it will mean something and I might actually not only get to put on all of my best defensive equipment at one time, but I might also be able to equip a secondary weapon! Decreasing the weight of the boss amulets is also A+ change. Also successfully performing a Guard Parry equaling a stance break is just... well, that's how it should have been the entire time.

Glad to see the Moonstone drop rate increased as well. Now it will hopefully be much less of a pain to upgrade weapons, allowing players to experiment more and find a weapon that fits their style the best.

Love that the stagger window was increased. Now hopefully there will be adequate time to dodge attacks and still get in there and get the knock down.

Not sure how I feel about just decreasing some of the boss's HP and not actually doing anything to make it feel like the player is just getting stronger. I'd rather see player damage increased over the boss's HP being lowered. Sure, in the end either change would mean the boss would die faster, but it's much more satisfying seeing your damage be bigger. Like, killing a boss faster, but still doing 100-200 a hit is just... boring. Now if I went into a boss and I was popping 400-500 hits, then we'd be getting some where... you know, kind of like what you can do with throwing items right now, haha.

Speaking of, no nerf to throwing items is kind of sadge. Also sad to see nothing about an increased Perfect Guard window or Parrying window (but at least now Parrying seems to get you SOMETHING for your effort).

Overall a decent patch with some nice QoL changes. Lots of complaining on Twitter from elitists complaining about the boss nerfs though, haha. What's funny is that they're claiming "you don't EVER nerf a boss in a Souls-like", and I'm just like... uhh... several bosses get the hell nerfed out of them in Elden Ring, and Fromsoft nerfed bosses as far back as Dark Souls II, so... you actually don't know what you're talking about at all.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Lies of P: Patch 1.2.0.0
Patch 1.2.0.0 is currently out now for Steam and PlayStation, but will be coming to Xbox at a later time. The changes to the game in this patch are as followed:

Balance Changes

Field Monster Balance Changes
  • Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
  • Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger
  • Increased the staggerable window time
  • Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
  • Increased the Specter's HP and damage

Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
  • Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
  • Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
  • Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
  • Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after "Lorenzini Arcade"

Boss Monster Balance Changes
  • Decreased the HP of 'Fallen Archbishop Andreus'
  • Decreased the HP of ['King of Puppets' in the first phase
  • Decreased the HP of 'Simon Manus, Arm of God'
  • Decreased the damage of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
  • Increased the chance to break the stance of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'"

System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
  • Added the feature to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the 'Gold Coin Tree'
  • Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
  • Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms

Additional Changes
  • Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
  • Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
  • Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
  • Successfully performing the Fable Art 'Guard Parry' will now break the monster's stance

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium II - Acid Charge' rarely not working properly.
  • Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium' consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
  • Fixed a bug that Geppetto's face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the 'Nameless Puppet' with Graphic Quality Presets - Low
  • Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)

You can read the full patch notes for Version 1.2.0.0 here!

Thank GOD they increased the amount of the weight increase from leveling Capacity. Maybe now I'll actually feel like the points I invested into it will mean something and I might actually not only get to put on all of my best defensive equipment at one time, but I might also be able to equip a secondary weapon! Decreasing the weight of the boss amulets is also A+ change. Also successfully performing a Guard Parry equaling a stance break is just... well, that's how it should have been the entire time.

Glad to see the Moonstone drop rate increased as well. Now it will hopefully be much less of a pain to upgrade weapons, allowing players to experiment more and find a weapon that fits their style the best.

Love that the stagger window was increased. Now hopefully there will be adequate time to dodge attacks and still get in there and get the knock down.

Not sure how I feel about just decreasing some of the boss's HP and not actually doing anything to make it feel like the player is just getting stronger. I'd rather see player damage increased over the boss's HP being lowered. Sure, in the end either change would mean the boss would die faster, but it's much more satisfying seeing your damage be bigger. Like, killing a boss faster, but still doing 100-200 a hit is just... boring. Now if I went into a boss and I was popping 400-500 hits, then we'd be getting some where... you know, kind of like what you can do with throwing items right now, haha.

Speaking of, no nerf to throwing items is kind of sadge. Also sad to see nothing about an increased Perfect Guard window or Parrying window (but at least now Parrying seems to get you SOMETHING for your effort).

Overall a decent patch with some nice QoL changes. Lots of complaining on Twitter from elitists complaining about the boss nerfs though, haha. What's funny is that they're claiming "you don't EVER nerf a boss in a Souls-like", and I'm just like... uhh... several bosses get the hell nerfed out of them in Elden Ring, and Fromsoft nerfed bosses as far back as Dark Souls II, so... you actually don't know what you're talking about at all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw this and was coming here to post it myself. LOL

It'll be interesting to see how the HP of that first listed boss will be since I just got to him last night and didn't beat him. I suspect only some bosses got a HP reduction because they were seen as a little unbalanced compared to everything around them or where they are within the game, since making the player stronger overall could lead to making other things around those bosses feel too easy by comparison.

I'm curious if I'll get 8 coins or 5 coins for the harvest though since I've yet to reach that, but my character wouldn't be classified as new since I already started my game pre-patch. Not fussed either way, but I do wonder about it. Hmm

Overall nice to see the developers quickly addressing things that will lead to making the experience feel better that couldn't be field tested from the demo content. Given this is their first attempt at a Souls-like it doesn't surprise me things aren't as on-point as they can be (and even then FromSoft couldn't even achieve that with Elden Ring) but at least they can recognize that and address it. Hopefully by the time the game doesn't need anymore patches it'll be as good as it can possibly be across the board. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw this and was coming here to post it myself. LOL

It'll be interesting to see how the HP of that first listed boss will be since I just got to him last night and didn't beat him. I suspect only some bosses got a HP reduction because they were seen as a little unbalanced compared to everything around them or where they are within the game, since making the player stronger overall could lead to making other things around those bosses feel too easy by comparison.

I'm curious if I'll get 8 coins or 5 coins for the harvest though since I've yet to reach that, but my character wouldn't be classified as new since I already started my game pre-patch. Not fussed either way, but I do wonder about it. Hmm

Overall nice to see the developers quickly addressing things that will lead to making the experience feel better that couldn't be field tested from the demo content. Given this is their first attempt at a Souls-like it doesn't surprise me things aren't as on-point as they can be (and even then FromSoft couldn't even achieve that with Elden Ring) but at least they can recognize that and address it. Hopefully by the time the game doesn't need anymore patches it'll be as good as it can possibly be across the board. Smile
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, if they can shore up some mechanics (perfect guard, parry), I think the game can feel much better. I don't think there was anything wrong with the difficulty of the game, I just felt there was a lot wrong with the mechanics of the game that made things feel extremely tedious or unbalanced. They still have a ways to go, but at least this is a good sign of moving in the right direction.

Sadly there's nothing they'll be able to do about the terrible hitboxes in the game, so that's just something we'll always have to live with.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, if they can shore up some mechanics (perfect guard, parry), I think the game can feel much better. I don't think there was anything wrong with the difficulty of the game, I just felt there was a lot wrong with the mechanics of the game that made things feel extremely tedious or unbalanced. They still have a ways to go, but at least this is a good sign of moving in the right direction.

Sadly there's nothing they'll be able to do about the terrible hitboxes in the game, so that's just something we'll always have to live with.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure hitboxes could be resized if that's the only real issue that they have. I know DbD has redone hitboxes at times on things so I don't see why this game can't do it too.

As for boss HP tweaks, I just beat the boss I was talking about and his health is definitely less. I will say that as the first two-phase fight of the game, weapon durability running out was very very noticeable. I was having to repair even during phase one, and although it's a neat idea to juggle repairing during a fight I'm not sure if I like it. Feels more like an annoyance than an approach to resource management.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure hitboxes could be resized if that's the only real issue that they have. I know DbD has redone hitboxes at times on things so I don't see why this game can't do it too.

As for boss HP tweaks, I just beat the boss I was talking about and his health is definitely less. I will say that as the first two-phase fight of the game, weapon durability running out was very very noticeable. I was having to repair even during phase one, and although it's a neat idea to juggle repairing during a fight I'm not sure if I like it. Feels more like an annoyance than an approach to resource management.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
One thing I wish they would have fixed is the extremely annoying issue of the game eating inputs. Like, there are times when I have to hit square 4-5 times to get a heal used. I thought maybe it was just my controller at first, but I've seen a lot of other people talking about it as well, so not just something I'm experiencing. Very annoying when you need to heal in a hurry and the game is just like, "Nah, I don't feel like it right now."
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
One thing I wish they would have fixed is the extremely annoying issue of the game eating inputs. Like, there are times when I have to hit square 4-5 times to get a heal used. I thought maybe it was just my controller at first, but I've seen a lot of other people talking about it as well, so not just something I'm experiencing. Very annoying when you need to heal in a hurry and the game is just like, "Nah, I don't feel like it right now."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 27th, 2023, 09:18 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ha, I always spam the heal button like a madman in any Souls-like game so I would never be able to tell if inputs are being eaten. ROFL

I do wonder just how high I need to level up Capacity to get out of Slightly Heavy status. I tried throwing five levels into it and it didn't change anything so I just threw the levels into other stats instead. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 27th, 2023, 09:18 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ha, I always spam the heal button like a madman in any Souls-like game so I would never be able to tell if inputs are being eaten. ROFL

I do wonder just how high I need to level up Capacity to get out of Slightly Heavy status. I tried throwing five levels into it and it didn't change anything so I just threw the levels into other stats instead. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just beat the King of Puppets boss and got fed up of not being able to learn the attack patterns of the second phase due to dying too quickly during it so I used a summon to give me some breathing room to actually get to observe and learn for more than three seconds. Gave me a good enough idea of things to be able to beat it without having to go through phase one a million times up learn what I needed to know.

The only boss I hate so far at all is the one before this involving the Black Rabbit Brotherhood. That fight is just straight bullshit and I used a summon for it in the end because I'm not spending hours on a fight because it wants to do 2v1, or up to 4v1 if you decide to only focus on the actual boss and ignore the people who join in.

I also learned that capacity also impacts stamina, as being lighter means you use less stamina and recover it faster. It makes sense but I've only ever associated weight in Souls-likes with dodging and nothing else, so if weight affects stamina even in FromSoft games I've never noticed/realized it before. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just beat the King of Puppets boss and got fed up of not being able to learn the attack patterns of the second phase due to dying too quickly during it so I used a summon to give me some breathing room to actually get to observe and learn for more than three seconds. Gave me a good enough idea of things to be able to beat it without having to go through phase one a million times up learn what I needed to know.

The only boss I hate so far at all is the one before this involving the Black Rabbit Brotherhood. That fight is just straight bullshit and I used a summon for it in the end because I'm not spending hours on a fight because it wants to do 2v1, or up to 4v1 if you decide to only focus on the actual boss and ignore the people who join in.

I also learned that capacity also impacts stamina, as being lighter means you use less stamina and recover it faster. It makes sense but I've only ever associated weight in Souls-likes with dodging and nothing else, so if weight affects stamina even in FromSoft games I've never noticed/realized it before. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
King of Puppets is the boss I did the throwable items testing on, mainly for the same reason I got tired of having to go through the bulky first phase just to get back to phase 2 to try and learn a completely new attack pattern. Good two-phase bosses don't really change much, they get an additional attack or two, but in this case you're fighting two completely different bosses with vastly different attacks and patterns, with the second phase being very hyper-aggressive and having combos that can end you instantly. Just not a very well though out boss, probably should have had it so when you got to second phase and died, you'd start back at second phase when you went back in.

Black Rabbit Brotherhood is also another stupid fight. He's the boss I was talking about when I mentioned has a reach far greater than his sword actually is and swings his sword faster than a dagger, which is utterly stupid considering the size of it. I ended up beating him by just running in circles to bait him into using one specific attack that he was slow to recover from (probably the only one he's slow to recover from) and run in and poke him real quick, run back out and repeated that until he was dead. When one of the siblings joined in, I would focus on them. You can backstab them, so I'd just abuse that and get them out of the fight quickly. Was not a fun boss in the end though, had to fight him in a very boring way.

I don't believer Demon's Souls (original, not sure about Remake) or Dark Souls had a stamina regeneration penalty for using heavy armor, but Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring do all lower your stamina regeneration based on your armor/weight. I think Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring are purely based on weight, while Dark Souls 2 is actually based on how heavy the armor itself is. So even if you have enough Endurance to fast roll in full heavy armor, in that game you'll still suffer a stamina regen penalty just for having heavy armor on.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
King of Puppets is the boss I did the throwable items testing on, mainly for the same reason I got tired of having to go through the bulky first phase just to get back to phase 2 to try and learn a completely new attack pattern. Good two-phase bosses don't really change much, they get an additional attack or two, but in this case you're fighting two completely different bosses with vastly different attacks and patterns, with the second phase being very hyper-aggressive and having combos that can end you instantly. Just not a very well though out boss, probably should have had it so when you got to second phase and died, you'd start back at second phase when you went back in.

Black Rabbit Brotherhood is also another stupid fight. He's the boss I was talking about when I mentioned has a reach far greater than his sword actually is and swings his sword faster than a dagger, which is utterly stupid considering the size of it. I ended up beating him by just running in circles to bait him into using one specific attack that he was slow to recover from (probably the only one he's slow to recover from) and run in and poke him real quick, run back out and repeated that until he was dead. When one of the siblings joined in, I would focus on them. You can backstab them, so I'd just abuse that and get them out of the fight quickly. Was not a fun boss in the end though, had to fight him in a very boring way.

I don't believer Demon's Souls (original, not sure about Remake) or Dark Souls had a stamina regeneration penalty for using heavy armor, but Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring do all lower your stamina regeneration based on your armor/weight. I think Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring are purely based on weight, while Dark Souls 2 is actually based on how heavy the armor itself is. So even if you have enough Endurance to fast roll in full heavy armor, in that game you'll still suffer a stamina regen penalty just for having heavy armor on.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't mind KoP being what is essentially two separate boss fights if the phases weren't both full health bars. At least then you're less likely to walk into phase two with the shit already kicked out of you. Or at least make the second phase use attacks that you've seen before, which is something Sekiro does with its final boss fight which is like four phases long. Sweat

I tried focusing on the sibling as soon as they join, but found that I would constantly get bum rushed by a lunge attack from the main boss from off screen which would become annoying. That or the amount of attacks I had to block from both of them to get an opening would destroy my weapon durability into the red even if it was almost fully repaired beforehand.

Just defeated Victor and I liked this fight a lot. An actual good way to do a two-phase by having it change halfway through a single health bar, and not changing up the move set drastically either. I'm hoping more bosses going forward are this way but I'm not going to be surprised to be disappointed on that front.

Also, the Cube/Wishstone system is utter shite. As soon as I learned you have to keep buying Wishstones due to them being only one use I stopped caring, especially since the Gold Coin Tree system is like some F2P gacha style mechanic that doesn't belong here.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't mind KoP being what is essentially two separate boss fights if the phases weren't both full health bars. At least then you're less likely to walk into phase two with the shit already kicked out of you. Or at least make the second phase use attacks that you've seen before, which is something Sekiro does with its final boss fight which is like four phases long. Sweat

I tried focusing on the sibling as soon as they join, but found that I would constantly get bum rushed by a lunge attack from the main boss from off screen which would become annoying. That or the amount of attacks I had to block from both of them to get an opening would destroy my weapon durability into the red even if it was almost fully repaired beforehand.

Just defeated Victor and I liked this fight a lot. An actual good way to do a two-phase by having it change halfway through a single health bar, and not changing up the move set drastically either. I'm hoping more bosses going forward are this way but I'm not going to be surprised to be disappointed on that front.

Also, the Cube/Wishstone system is utter shite. As soon as I learned you have to keep buying Wishstones due to them being only one use I stopped caring, especially since the Gold Coin Tree system is like some F2P gacha style mechanic that doesn't belong here.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, like I mentioned, good two-phase fights in the Souls games always have the boss remain relatively the same in terms of move set. Some additional hits added to the combo, but nothing drastic like the King of Puppets being two entirely different bosses in one fight.

Victor was probably my favorite boss fight so far in the game. As you said, double phase done right and actually felt like a Souls boss and not a mess of bullshit. Unfortunately I can tell you right now that it gets worse from here on out. Much worse.

If the fruits were auto-collected when full, that'd be fine, but man... having to go back to the hotel every time and sit through the loading screens just to go up and collect them and go back to where you were is absolute ass. Just another thing that shows you that the developers had their heads too far up their behinds when making this game.

Also if you haven't checked it out yet, the weapon you get from the King of Puppets Ergo is pretty freaking cool if you're running a Tech build. Though there's a boss coming up that gets you an even cooler Tech weapon, so maybe don't invest in upgrading the KoP's weapon until later. I don't know what build you're running, but if you are running a Tech build, I cannot recommend the spear you get from the Priest's Ergo enough. That weapon is godly and has made so many annoying situations relatively easy with it's ability to poke and dash (running R2 for a lunging stab > roll away). It's also got a REALLY good charged attack, which also has a nice follow up combo. If you stagger a boss with a Charged Attack, you can combo into the rest of the R2 combo to get some nice hits in.

The weapon you can get from a boss that you'll be coming up to in a bit (if you haven't already fought it by the time you read this post) can get you an amazing Tech weapon too. Has S-scaling with Tech when you make the handle Tech. It has the ability to parry with the Charged R2 as well, but I haven't quite figured out how to get that to go off. Either way it's a really cool weapon and if you're running a tech build, I 100% recommend it, unless you really want the amulet (the amulet from this particular boss is also really good, making it so you can i-frame Fury Attacks with a dodge, though I opted for the weapon because I can deal with Fury Attacks other ways and the weapon was just too good to pass up).

Also the... I think it's called Dancer's Curved Sword or something along those lines, is also really good for Tech builds. At +10 it does such good damage (I have 30 Tech and my +10 one does slightly more damage than my +4 weapon I just talked about above... though I assume once I +5 that weapon, it'll pull back ahead), so it's a GREAT option for a normal upgrade weapon. The handle it comes with gives it a pretty good move set, though I also found a spear weapon that is Tech-scaling that I might try it with, to see if I can get the good damage of the sword with some additional distance.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, like I mentioned, good two-phase fights in the Souls games always have the boss remain relatively the same in terms of move set. Some additional hits added to the combo, but nothing drastic like the King of Puppets being two entirely different bosses in one fight.

Victor was probably my favorite boss fight so far in the game. As you said, double phase done right and actually felt like a Souls boss and not a mess of bullshit. Unfortunately I can tell you right now that it gets worse from here on out. Much worse.

If the fruits were auto-collected when full, that'd be fine, but man... having to go back to the hotel every time and sit through the loading screens just to go up and collect them and go back to where you were is absolute ass. Just another thing that shows you that the developers had their heads too far up their behinds when making this game.

Also if you haven't checked it out yet, the weapon you get from the King of Puppets Ergo is pretty freaking cool if you're running a Tech build. Though there's a boss coming up that gets you an even cooler Tech weapon, so maybe don't invest in upgrading the KoP's weapon until later. I don't know what build you're running, but if you are running a Tech build, I cannot recommend the spear you get from the Priest's Ergo enough. That weapon is godly and has made so many annoying situations relatively easy with it's ability to poke and dash (running R2 for a lunging stab > roll away). It's also got a REALLY good charged attack, which also has a nice follow up combo. If you stagger a boss with a Charged Attack, you can combo into the rest of the R2 combo to get some nice hits in.

The weapon you can get from a boss that you'll be coming up to in a bit (if you haven't already fought it by the time you read this post) can get you an amazing Tech weapon too. Has S-scaling with Tech when you make the handle Tech. It has the ability to parry with the Charged R2 as well, but I haven't quite figured out how to get that to go off. Either way it's a really cool weapon and if you're running a tech build, I 100% recommend it, unless you really want the amulet (the amulet from this particular boss is also really good, making it so you can i-frame Fury Attacks with a dodge, though I opted for the weapon because I can deal with Fury Attacks other ways and the weapon was just too good to pass up).

Also the... I think it's called Dancer's Curved Sword or something along those lines, is also really good for Tech builds. At +10 it does such good damage (I have 30 Tech and my +10 one does slightly more damage than my +4 weapon I just talked about above... though I assume once I +5 that weapon, it'll pull back ahead), so it's a GREAT option for a normal upgrade weapon. The handle it comes with gives it a pretty good move set, though I also found a spear weapon that is Tech-scaling that I might try it with, to see if I can get the good damage of the sword with some additional distance.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The weapon I've been running for a while now is the Greatsword of Fate Handle with the Sawtooth Blade, since I love the Absolute Defense ability the handle has that I can use to block red attacks when I'm not confident in my own timing, and the blade choice is just because it does a huge amount of damage compared to most of my other blades. Whatever the last two stats are in the upgrade screen as my lowest with both sitting at like 14 maybe while everything else is above 20 at this point.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The weapon I've been running for a while now is the Greatsword of Fate Handle with the Sawtooth Blade, since I love the Absolute Defense ability the handle has that I can use to block red attacks when I'm not confident in my own timing, and the blade choice is just because it does a huge amount of damage compared to most of my other blades. Whatever the last two stats are in the upgrade screen as my lowest with both sitting at like 14 maybe while everything else is above 20 at this point.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm in NG+ now and not too happy. Let me give you a warning right now... WHEN PROMPTED TO GO INTO NG+ OR STAY IN YOUR CURRENT PLAY THROUGH, DO NOT GO TO NG+. There's some additional stuff you can do in the hotel after you defeat the final boss (pending you don't make a certain decision at the end) and the game gives you absolutely ZERO warning that there's new stuff to collect. A couple of the things are required for trophies/achievements if you're aiming for those, but you also lose out on a possible weapon you can get.

So of course I went into NG+ without knowing this, because again, I guess the developers are too fucking stupid to put a warning that there might be new stuff to do before going into NG+, and now I may have to do a complete third play through to finish my platinum trophy. Yay.

This game is so good it's going straight into the trash when I get done with it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm in NG+ now and not too happy. Let me give you a warning right now... WHEN PROMPTED TO GO INTO NG+ OR STAY IN YOUR CURRENT PLAY THROUGH, DO NOT GO TO NG+. There's some additional stuff you can do in the hotel after you defeat the final boss (pending you don't make a certain decision at the end) and the game gives you absolutely ZERO warning that there's new stuff to collect. A couple of the things are required for trophies/achievements if you're aiming for those, but you also lose out on a possible weapon you can get.

So of course I went into NG+ without knowing this, because again, I guess the developers are too fucking stupid to put a warning that there might be new stuff to do before going into NG+, and now I may have to do a complete third play through to finish my platinum trophy. Yay.

This game is so good it's going straight into the trash when I get done with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | NG+ Patch Details Moonface 45 4,411 Apr 26th, 2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface