Games Done Quick
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I know you're meme-ing, but speedrunning has such a long and tenured history. It's honestly one of the coolest things in gaming.

I've been meaning to watch the documentary Good Deed Films had put out, featuring narration by famed YouTuber SummoningSalt.

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I know you're meme-ing, but speedrunning has such a long and tenured history. It's honestly one of the coolest things in gaming.

I've been meaning to watch the documentary Good Deed Films had put out, featuring narration by famed YouTuber SummoningSalt.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone wants to watch a hilariously entertaining run from SGDQ, I highly recommend the current run of Disney's Ratatouille. It's probably going to be one of my favourite runs of the entire event just for the running gag going on throughout it. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone wants to watch a hilariously entertaining run from SGDQ, I highly recommend the current run of Disney's Ratatouille. It's probably going to be one of my favourite runs of the entire event just for the running gag going on throughout it. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Here it is if anyone wants to witness the meme in action: 

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Here it is if anyone wants to witness the meme in action: 

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There was another very entertaining run yesterday with Wild Guns which might possibly be the most energetic run of the whole event, especially for how early in the morning it was.

Also the rhythm block last night was amazing from start to finish and since it is long I'd suggest most people just watch a small part from each game showcased because that's enough to get a general idea of the skill being shown. I kept thinking about you @Maniakkid25 during the Clone Hero run whenever the speed got to insane levels. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There was another very entertaining run yesterday with Wild Guns which might possibly be the most energetic run of the whole event, especially for how early in the morning it was.

Also the rhythm block last night was amazing from start to finish and since it is long I'd suggest most people just watch a small part from each game showcased because that's enough to get a general idea of the skill being shown. I kept thinking about you @Maniakkid25 during the Clone Hero run whenever the speed got to insane levels. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, I'm decent at Rock Band and Guitar Hero (though I'm definitely out of practice right now), but I'm nowhere near the level of those crazy motherf***ers. I appreciate the thought, but runners like Acai and stuff are WAAAAAAAAAY beyond me.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, I'm decent at Rock Band and Guitar Hero (though I'm definitely out of practice right now), but I'm nowhere near the level of those crazy motherf***ers. I appreciate the thought, but runners like Acai and stuff are WAAAAAAAAAY beyond me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2023, 03:38 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oh I wasn't expecting you to be able to play what was in the run, I just thought since you like to admire and analyze musical stuff you might enjoy seeing the crazy speeds and feats that were being pulled off in musical games. It'll probably be another day before those runs go onto YouTube though unless you want to try finding them in the Twitch VOD.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2023, 03:38 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Oh I wasn't expecting you to be able to play what was in the run, I just thought since you like to admire and analyze musical stuff you might enjoy seeing the crazy speeds and feats that were being pulled off in musical games. It'll probably be another day before those runs go onto YouTube though unless you want to try finding them in the Twitch VOD.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Quite a few unexpected great runs and I missed a couple of real late night ones (socializing is exhausting as it turns out?) but a generally good show overall. I couldn't believe they delayed the entire marathon from ending cuz they were trying to reach the $2 mil mark for a run that was upcoming. An entire hour of just "we can do it, donate!" is... Not a good look lmao. It took til Friday to even reach the $1 mil mark and raising another full million in one day was a fucking reach and a half.

The run itself was actually really worth it (from the bits I could stay awake for) but yeah, delaying the whole thing just to make it wasn't good. I'm sad I missed Baron of Shell but I was not going to make it to 3AM to see it
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Quite a few unexpected great runs and I missed a couple of real late night ones (socializing is exhausting as it turns out?) but a generally good show overall. I couldn't believe they delayed the entire marathon from ending cuz they were trying to reach the $2 mil mark for a run that was upcoming. An entire hour of just "we can do it, donate!" is... Not a good look lmao. It took til Friday to even reach the $1 mil mark and raising another full million in one day was a fucking reach and a half.

The run itself was actually really worth it (from the bits I could stay awake for) but yeah, delaying the whole thing just to make it wasn't good. I'm sad I missed Baron of Shell but I was not going to make it to 3AM to see it
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looked at the VOD for when the delay happened, being before the final Bonus Game. Don't know if I could've sat through the delay myself, if being in person. They should've just carried on normally instead of stopping, but whatever. Might check the run out though later, chat was also saying how good the run is while preparing for the game to start.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looked at the VOD for when the delay happened, being before the final Bonus Game. Don't know if I could've sat through the delay myself, if being in person. They should've just carried on normally instead of stopping, but whatever. Might check the run out though later, chat was also saying how good the run is while preparing for the game to start.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2023, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I've seen a shit ton of criticism over the delay for BotW and how incentives for full runs hold too much stuff hostage if they're not allowed to fail. I believe the same thing happened with either last years SGDQ or this past AGDQ and one of the organizers said it would be addressed, but a) it wasn't and b) that particular person was out ill for SGDQ 2023 and if this wouldn't have happened if they had been present then the solution should not be reliant on one person for it to happen. Waiting for maybe 10-15 minutes is fine, but not an hour.  I don't want to feel like I'm not going to get to watch anything happen unless I or others donate enough money as if I'm funding a milestone on a Kickstarter project even though there are other things within it ready to go that could be given out in the meantime. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2023, 11:20 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I've seen a shit ton of criticism over the delay for BotW and how incentives for full runs hold too much stuff hostage if they're not allowed to fail. I believe the same thing happened with either last years SGDQ or this past AGDQ and one of the organizers said it would be addressed, but a) it wasn't and b) that particular person was out ill for SGDQ 2023 and if this wouldn't have happened if they had been present then the solution should not be reliant on one person for it to happen. Waiting for maybe 10-15 minutes is fine, but not an hour.  I don't want to feel like I'm not going to get to watch anything happen unless I or others donate enough money as if I'm funding a milestone on a Kickstarter project even though there are other things within it ready to go that could be given out in the meantime. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The official AGDQ 2024 Games List was announced a few days ago, with the schedule being released this Friday (October 20th).

There's two kaizo runs that I'm looking forward to (Luminescent being run by GlitchCat7 and GPW2 being run again by Mitchflowerpower). CarlSagan42 will be doing a fun SMM2 glitch showcase which is gonna be amusing cuz 1) it's Carl and 2) it's Carl explaining the mad genius behind some of his troll level logistics.

Aside from those, there's a Hades challenge I find intriguing, A Jak & Daxter 100% run, Pokemon Crystal Rando with 360Chrism and Shenanagans, and perhaps the Majora's Mask race.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The official AGDQ 2024 Games List was announced a few days ago, with the schedule being released this Friday (October 20th).

There's two kaizo runs that I'm looking forward to (Luminescent being run by GlitchCat7 and GPW2 being run again by Mitchflowerpower). CarlSagan42 will be doing a fun SMM2 glitch showcase which is gonna be amusing cuz 1) it's Carl and 2) it's Carl explaining the mad genius behind some of his troll level logistics.

Aside from those, there's a Hades challenge I find intriguing, A Jak & Daxter 100% run, Pokemon Crystal Rando with 360Chrism and Shenanagans, and perhaps the Majora's Mask race.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Of the runs announced, I'm interested in the following:
  • Dead Space (2023) | Any% Unrestricted (Story)
  • Elden Ring | Any% Unrestricted
  • Hades | 3 weapons 2 players 1 controller (modded)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved | Coop Legendary
  • Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | 100%
  • Metroid Dread | 100% NMG
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door | Any%
  • Pokemon Crystal Randomizer | Full Item Randomizer (co-op)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake | Claire or Leon 1st Hardcore No Damage Attempt
  • Resident Evil 4 (2023) | New Game Professional Any%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | Any%
  • Sonic Origins Plus | Anniversary Mode Relay
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask | 100% NMG
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Any%
  • The Typing of the Dead | Any% Arcade Settings
  • Ultimate Doom | UV-Speed
  • Worms Reloaded | Campaign (No Level Skips)

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Of the runs announced, I'm interested in the following:
  • Dead Space (2023) | Any% Unrestricted (Story)
  • Elden Ring | Any% Unrestricted
  • Hades | 3 weapons 2 players 1 controller (modded)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved | Coop Legendary
  • Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | 100%
  • Metroid Dread | 100% NMG
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door | Any%
  • Pokemon Crystal Randomizer | Full Item Randomizer (co-op)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake | Claire or Leon 1st Hardcore No Damage Attempt
  • Resident Evil 4 (2023) | New Game Professional Any%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | Any%
  • Sonic Origins Plus | Anniversary Mode Relay
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask | 100% NMG
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Any%
  • The Typing of the Dead | Any% Arcade Settings
  • Ultimate Doom | UV-Speed
  • Worms Reloaded | Campaign (No Level Skips)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't even remember if I tuned in during SGDQ (man was it really during May? That's early), apart from my post looking at a VOD. Anyway if I get the chance during AGDQ I'll try and see:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Paper Mario TTYD - although I did watch it once before by Almolicious I think their name was but that was ages ago and video seems to have disappeared.
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't even remember if I tuned in during SGDQ (man was it really during May? That's early), apart from my post looking at a VOD. Anyway if I get the chance during AGDQ I'll try and see:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Paper Mario TTYD - although I did watch it once before by Almolicious I think their name was but that was ages ago and video seems to have disappeared.
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2023, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Can't even remember if I tuned in during SGDQ (man was it really during May? That's early), apart from my post looking at a VOD.
If you never watched it please go watch the Ratatouille run from that SGDQ, because that was easily one of the most entertaining runs where a game that by itself generates little interest was carried heavily by the personalities of the runner and their couch.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2023, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Can't even remember if I tuned in during SGDQ (man was it really during May? That's early), apart from my post looking at a VOD.
If you never watched it please go watch the Ratatouille run from that SGDQ, because that was easily one of the most entertaining runs where a game that by itself generates little interest was carried heavily by the personalities of the runner and their couch.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, that was one I did watch after you recommended it in an earlier post. Forgot about that. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, that was one I did watch after you recommended it in an earlier post. Forgot about that. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Literally forgot about AGDQ until just earlier, even though I saw it a couple of times prior and didn't care about it but saw Mario Kart Wii with a high view and realised that's what was on, and I wanted to catch it. Luckily haven't missed anything else I may have wanted to see but here's the schedule for what's left which is 3 and a bit days worth:

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule/46

Quite enjoyed the MK Wii run, had a good couch, but did have a short disconnect as it was an online run.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Literally forgot about AGDQ until just earlier, even though I saw it a couple of times prior and didn't care about it but saw Mario Kart Wii with a high view and realised that's what was on, and I wanted to catch it. Luckily haven't missed anything else I may have wanted to see but here's the schedule for what's left which is 3 and a bit days worth:

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule/46

Quite enjoyed the MK Wii run, had a good couch, but did have a short disconnect as it was an online run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mistakes You've Made in Games? Moonface 12 1,941 Apr 29th, 2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 11 463 Apr 11th, 2024, 11:01 PM
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 28 8,488 Apr 3rd, 2024, 02:44 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 701 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 144 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM