Prime Day! 2023 Edition
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 31st, 2023, 03:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yooo round two on pumping Bezos with more cash, let's gooooo- -shot-
As if the man isn't getting pumped with cash on a daily basis just from Prime subscriptions and Twitch subscriptions even if nobody bought a single thing from Amazon for a whole day. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 31st, 2023, 03:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yooo round two on pumping Bezos with more cash, let's gooooo- -shot-
As if the man isn't getting pumped with cash on a daily basis just from Prime subscriptions and Twitch subscriptions even if nobody bought a single thing from Amazon for a whole day. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That and it's not like mom and pop shops tend to carry high end tech items, haha. Wanna buy a nice keyboard/mouse/monitor/headphones? Money is going to someone filthy rich or a multi-million dollar corpo no matter what.

If Jeff Bezos is going to give me the chance to get said items at a huge discount, then hell yeah I'm taking it. If I can get a $170 pair of amazing headphones for $70-$80 instead, I'll throw money at whoever I need to.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That and it's not like mom and pop shops tend to carry high end tech items, haha. Wanna buy a nice keyboard/mouse/monitor/headphones? Money is going to someone filthy rich or a multi-million dollar corpo no matter what.

If Jeff Bezos is going to give me the chance to get said items at a huge discount, then hell yeah I'm taking it. If I can get a $170 pair of amazing headphones for $70-$80 instead, I'll throw money at whoever I need to.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I assume there's no way of ever knowing what will be on sale for Prime Day up front is there? I've always had the impression you just have to keep checking throughout the day to see if anything you care for gets a sale or not similar to weekly Steam sales and stuff but wanted to check with anyone who takes part in Prime Day properly unlike myself. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I assume there's no way of ever knowing what will be on sale for Prime Day up front is there? I've always had the impression you just have to keep checking throughout the day to see if anything you care for gets a sale or not similar to weekly Steam sales and stuff but wanted to check with anyone who takes part in Prime Day properly unlike myself. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I got an email from Amazon earlier that confirms Prime Big Deal Days (I guess this is the name being used to distinguish this from the Prime Day earlier this year) will be October 10 and October 11. It also gave me a link that shows all the deals up front: https://www.amazon.com/primebigdealdays

No idea if this is every deal or not though, and I can't figure out how to look for whether particular items will be on sale for this so I've not yet looked to see if anything I want will be on sale because I just have no clue how to find out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I got an email from Amazon earlier that confirms Prime Big Deal Days (I guess this is the name being used to distinguish this from the Prime Day earlier this year) will be October 10 and October 11. It also gave me a link that shows all the deals up front: https://www.amazon.com/primebigdealdays

No idea if this is every deal or not though, and I can't figure out how to look for whether particular items will be on sale for this so I've not yet looked to see if anything I want will be on sale because I just have no clue how to find out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is none of the deals, hurray! Grin

Yeah they're just informing you to keep the date in mind. Standard deal landing page. Nothing will be shown until maybe days before where you can start to Watchlist things.

Hoping to see laptops or something like that there this time.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is none of the deals, hurray! Grin

Yeah they're just informing you to keep the date in mind. Standard deal landing page. Nothing will be shown until maybe days before where you can start to Watchlist things.

Hoping to see laptops or something like that there this time.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It'd be really nice (for me) if they gave a complete list of headphones that would be on sale during the two days. I was originally going to just wait and see if the Audio Technica ATH-M50X closed back headphones would be on sale again and get those, since I did like them a lot, but after doing some researching today, I see that most people recommend an open-back headphone for the best gaming experience. After looking up a lot of reviews and opinions, I keep coming back to the Sennheiser HD 560 S headphones, and while I'm a bit hesitant on whether or not I'd be a fan of open-back, I'm definitely willing to give them a try if they are on sale for a decent amount. They are actually discounted right now ($169 compared to their original $230 price tag), but there's a chance they might be discounted even more on Prime Day... or they won't be and their current discount will be over by then and I lose out on my chance to save $60 on them.

Would be nice to know if I should just pull the trigger on them now or if a bigger discount is on the horizon.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It'd be really nice (for me) if they gave a complete list of headphones that would be on sale during the two days. I was originally going to just wait and see if the Audio Technica ATH-M50X closed back headphones would be on sale again and get those, since I did like them a lot, but after doing some researching today, I see that most people recommend an open-back headphone for the best gaming experience. After looking up a lot of reviews and opinions, I keep coming back to the Sennheiser HD 560 S headphones, and while I'm a bit hesitant on whether or not I'd be a fan of open-back, I'm definitely willing to give them a try if they are on sale for a decent amount. They are actually discounted right now ($169 compared to their original $230 price tag), but there's a chance they might be discounted even more on Prime Day... or they won't be and their current discount will be over by then and I lose out on my chance to save $60 on them.

Would be nice to know if I should just pull the trigger on them now or if a bigger discount is on the horizon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Couldn't you buy the headphones on the current deal, and then if a better deal turns up on Prime Day just do a return and refund for the set you paid more for? If you don't use them until the Prime Day deals come around it would be kept unused which is what Amazon requires for a return. You could also just return the pair you buy at the cheaper price but put them under being a return for the more expensive purchase instead but not sure if that would actually work.

I also don't know how long after buying something you can ask for a refund on it. I know they give you a long time to send it back once you ask for a refund (my most recent thing gave me like a whole month) but not sure if the same applies for filling out the refund in the first place.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Couldn't you buy the headphones on the current deal, and then if a better deal turns up on Prime Day just do a return and refund for the set you paid more for? If you don't use them until the Prime Day deals come around it would be kept unused which is what Amazon requires for a return. You could also just return the pair you buy at the cheaper price but put them under being a return for the more expensive purchase instead but not sure if that would actually work.

I also don't know how long after buying something you can ask for a refund on it. I know they give you a long time to send it back once you ask for a refund (my most recent thing gave me like a whole month) but not sure if the same applies for filling out the refund in the first place.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I was going to look for a new keyboard, but I recently picked up a Royalaxe (trust me, I had never heard of them either) keyboard really cheap, and am content using this one for a while!

Otherwise, I do need to get myself a new UPC for my rig. I somehow doubt Amazon will have any strong enough on sale. 

If there's any $5 4K BluRays I might grab a few. Cheap games obviously, but there isn't too much I need right now. My backlog is massive and Mario comes out in like 10 days. If that new Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition goes on sale, I'll pick that up for sure. I held out on buying a physical version knowing they'd do the same thing they did with Zero Dawn.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I was going to look for a new keyboard, but I recently picked up a Royalaxe (trust me, I had never heard of them either) keyboard really cheap, and am content using this one for a while!

Otherwise, I do need to get myself a new UPC for my rig. I somehow doubt Amazon will have any strong enough on sale. 

If there's any $5 4K BluRays I might grab a few. Cheap games obviously, but there isn't too much I need right now. My backlog is massive and Mario comes out in like 10 days. If that new Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition goes on sale, I'll pick that up for sure. I held out on buying a physical version knowing they'd do the same thing they did with Zero Dawn.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw Amazon/GameStop had a flash sale on new games over the weekend. I think Horizon: FW was... $30? Solid deal.

I kind of wish they'd do like, sale previews on the stuff coming up that's planned on going on discount. Even if you don't show the sale, just show the items that are going to go down in price. Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw Amazon/GameStop had a flash sale on new games over the weekend. I think Horizon: FW was... $30? Solid deal.

I kind of wish they'd do like, sale previews on the stuff coming up that's planned on going on discount. Even if you don't show the sale, just show the items that are going to go down in price. Shrug
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I had no clue about the Gamestop sale. Picked up Valkyrie Elysium for PS5 from them for $10, which is a great buy. Even with having to pay for shipping and tax bringing it back up to $20, that's still a great deal compared to every where else that still has it in stock, which isn't many. Figured might as well buy it now while I can find it at a good deal before it's completely out of stock and I have to buy from eBay. Square Enix just doesn't seem to want to do good stocks of their physical releases any more.

As for Prime Day, I ended up getting:

Senheisser HD599 SE Open-Back Wired Headphones (Normally $200, on sale for $80)
Phillips SHP9600 Open-Back Wired Headphones (Normally $130, on sale for $56)
Elden Ring - PS5 (Normally $60, on sale for $40)

I did a LOT of research into what headphones were good and whether or not these two pairs of cans were worth even for the sale price. In the end I came to the conclusion that trying to look up whether or not headphones are good is a complete waste of time because everyone is going to hear things differently and give you vastly different opinions, and it was just better for me to get one of them and try it for myself... except these two were on such good sales, I couldn't choose which one I wanted to try... so I got both! I figured I can try each one out for a bit, and decided which one I like best and then either return the other or see of my mother likes it and give it to her. I spent SO much time going back and forth figuring out if I should get the 599 SEs for the sale price, or just pay more because a bunch of people say that the HD 560 S is a better pair that has better whatever. I just got to the point where I'm like... you know what? I probably wouldn't be able to hear a difference in how they sound in the end. I could use a pair of $100 headphones and a pair of $5,000 headphones and good chance that I wouldn't hear much of a difference at all. So I went with the ones that were on sale for a good price and I should be more than happy with either pair. I just got both because I want to compare the comfort mostly, and see which one feels better to wear for long periods of time.

Elden Ring I just picked up because I had been meaning to get the PS5 version of it and $40 is the lowest I'll probably find it. The previous low I've seen it was $35 last Black Friday, but $5 isn't enough of a difference for me to care to wait until next month to pick it up.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I had no clue about the Gamestop sale. Picked up Valkyrie Elysium for PS5 from them for $10, which is a great buy. Even with having to pay for shipping and tax bringing it back up to $20, that's still a great deal compared to every where else that still has it in stock, which isn't many. Figured might as well buy it now while I can find it at a good deal before it's completely out of stock and I have to buy from eBay. Square Enix just doesn't seem to want to do good stocks of their physical releases any more.

As for Prime Day, I ended up getting:

Senheisser HD599 SE Open-Back Wired Headphones (Normally $200, on sale for $80)
Phillips SHP9600 Open-Back Wired Headphones (Normally $130, on sale for $56)
Elden Ring - PS5 (Normally $60, on sale for $40)

I did a LOT of research into what headphones were good and whether or not these two pairs of cans were worth even for the sale price. In the end I came to the conclusion that trying to look up whether or not headphones are good is a complete waste of time because everyone is going to hear things differently and give you vastly different opinions, and it was just better for me to get one of them and try it for myself... except these two were on such good sales, I couldn't choose which one I wanted to try... so I got both! I figured I can try each one out for a bit, and decided which one I like best and then either return the other or see of my mother likes it and give it to her. I spent SO much time going back and forth figuring out if I should get the 599 SEs for the sale price, or just pay more because a bunch of people say that the HD 560 S is a better pair that has better whatever. I just got to the point where I'm like... you know what? I probably wouldn't be able to hear a difference in how they sound in the end. I could use a pair of $100 headphones and a pair of $5,000 headphones and good chance that I wouldn't hear much of a difference at all. So I went with the ones that were on sale for a good price and I should be more than happy with either pair. I just got both because I want to compare the comfort mostly, and see which one feels better to wear for long periods of time.

Elden Ring I just picked up because I had been meaning to get the PS5 version of it and $40 is the lowest I'll probably find it. The previous low I've seen it was $35 last Black Friday, but $5 isn't enough of a difference for me to care to wait until next month to pick it up.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:41 AM)Frank Wrote:
If not for opening this spoiler I would not have realized today is the start of Prime Day.

(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Likely going cheap to clear inventory before the Complete Edition comes out that was announced recently.

Gonna take a quick look and see if I find anything on sale I want. Although is there a way to know if a sale is just a general sale or a Prime Day sale? Like this is currently on sale but I've seen it on this sale before so I don't know if it's a shit Prime Day sale or just a general sale that happens to be running right now: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Horizon-Forb...09Q46YHKB/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:41 AM)Frank Wrote:
If not for opening this spoiler I would not have realized today is the start of Prime Day.

(Oct 10th, 2023, 02:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Likely going cheap to clear inventory before the Complete Edition comes out that was announced recently.

Gonna take a quick look and see if I find anything on sale I want. Although is there a way to know if a sale is just a general sale or a Prime Day sale? Like this is currently on sale but I've seen it on this sale before so I don't know if it's a shit Prime Day sale or just a general sale that happens to be running right now: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Horizon-Forb...09Q46YHKB/
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's just a general sale. Any items that are on sale for Prime Day will have a red tag that says "Prime Big Deal" above the price.

Sad that the amount of video game/tech stuff on this Prime Day is... very lacking. Was hoping for some additional purchases for some items I wanted, but looks like I'll have to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to hopefully get those items. Might check out monitor deals tomorrow to see if I can find a decent/cheap secondary monitor that's better than the one I'm currently using, but aside from that it looks like my headphone purchases will be the only major ones from this Prime Day.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's just a general sale. Any items that are on sale for Prime Day will have a red tag that says "Prime Big Deal" above the price.

Sad that the amount of video game/tech stuff on this Prime Day is... very lacking. Was hoping for some additional purchases for some items I wanted, but looks like I'll have to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to hopefully get those items. Might check out monitor deals tomorrow to see if I can find a decent/cheap secondary monitor that's better than the one I'm currently using, but aside from that it looks like my headphone purchases will be the only major ones from this Prime Day.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Thank you! ^_^

I wish there was a way to just search for a particular item in Upcoming Deals so I can know if something I want is going to go on a sale or not. Seems to only have filters which are totally shit. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Thank you! ^_^

I wish there was a way to just search for a particular item in Upcoming Deals so I can know if something I want is going to go on a sale or not. Seems to only have filters which are totally shit. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just bought SanDisk 256GB USB Stick and INPHIC Wireless Mouse for this Prime Day. Not a lot but could've been as I was eyeing up a Gaming Laptop and Bed but the time's just not yet so perhaps I'll look again Black Friday/Christmas Deals but again not 100% sure I will be getting them.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just bought SanDisk 256GB USB Stick and INPHIC Wireless Mouse for this Prime Day. Not a lot but could've been as I was eyeing up a Gaming Laptop and Bed but the time's just not yet so perhaps I'll look again Black Friday/Christmas Deals but again not 100% sure I will be getting them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So once again I ordered all of my items within the "Order in the next ____ for one-day delivery" window... and Amazon once again cannot do anything right. Not only did my stuff not arrive in the one day (which would have been yesterday, the 11th), it's looking like they won't be here until tomorrow. So... I'm paying Amazon almost $150 a year for the perk of 1/2 day shipping, only to still get all of my packages 3-5 days after I've ordered them. Nice.

Think it's finally time to cancel my Prime membership.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So once again I ordered all of my items within the "Order in the next ____ for one-day delivery" window... and Amazon once again cannot do anything right. Not only did my stuff not arrive in the one day (which would have been yesterday, the 11th), it's looking like they won't be here until tomorrow. So... I'm paying Amazon almost $150 a year for the perk of 1/2 day shipping, only to still get all of my packages 3-5 days after I've ordered them. Nice.

Think it's finally time to cancel my Prime membership.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Was Your Day/Week? Moonface 472 80,577 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Reflecting on 2023 Moonface 2 227 Jan 15th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,086 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 283 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 Dragon Lord 5 359 Nov 27th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord