Splatoon (Series)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Splatoon 3 First Splatfest Trailer
The first Splastfest for Splatoon 3 is coming, and will have teams themed around what you would bring to a deserted island: gear, grub, or fun?

This Splatfest takes place September 23-25, so get ready to make waves!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Splatoon 3 First Splatfest Trailer
The first Splastfest for Splatoon 3 is coming, and will have teams themed around what you would bring to a deserted island: gear, grub, or fun?

This Splatfest takes place September 23-25, so get ready to make waves!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Team Gear! I can probably use my tools to make myself grub and fun with, so it makes the most sense!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Team Gear! I can probably use my tools to make myself grub and fun with, so it makes the most sense!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 16th, 2022, 06:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I know we're using a singular account to play so the team we pick is the same, but Team Gear is the only one that would be the logical pick because you can make fun and hunt with the tools you have. Amusingly the in-game video introducing the splatfest has Shiver backing Gear and all of her points are exactly the same as ours, and she even shoots down the other two options as being things she can get with her team choice. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 16th, 2022, 06:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I know we're using a singular account to play so the team we pick is the same, but Team Gear is the only one that would be the logical pick because you can make fun and hunt with the tools you have. Amusingly the in-game video introducing the splatfest has Shiver backing Gear and all of her points are exactly the same as ours, and she even shoots down the other two options as being things she can get with her team choice. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Shiver is based anyway so that 100% checks out ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Shiver is based anyway so that 100% checks out ROFL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Having played a few different rotations of it, I think Salmon Run needs some improvements when it comes to fighting Cohozuna. It seems no matter how well the team does against it, two things happen:
  1. Time runs out.
  2. The rewards don't reflect good team performance versus poor team performance.
Also, as neat as Tableturf Battle is, I don't see the mode holding attention for very long. There's no fast way to get into a match compared to any of the other modes, and there doesn't seem to be much incentive to play anyway as rewards are minimal if not outright nonexistent. I play it as something fun to do to just take a break from all the other modes since it's so different, but when time spent in it doesn't provide the same amount of rewards that all the other modes do it feels like time wasted.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Having played a few different rotations of it, I think Salmon Run needs some improvements when it comes to fighting Cohozuna. It seems no matter how well the team does against it, two things happen:
  1. Time runs out.
  2. The rewards don't reflect good team performance versus poor team performance.
Also, as neat as Tableturf Battle is, I don't see the mode holding attention for very long. There's no fast way to get into a match compared to any of the other modes, and there doesn't seem to be much incentive to play anyway as rewards are minimal if not outright nonexistent. I play it as something fun to do to just take a break from all the other modes since it's so different, but when time spent in it doesn't provide the same amount of rewards that all the other modes do it feels like time wasted.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 | Second Splatfest Theme Revealed
The theme for the second Splatfest has been announced, and will ask the question of which starter type is better in Pokémon: Fire, Water, or Grass?

I like that this theme is less of a clear-cut choice compared to the first Splatfest. Hopefully this means the teams will be more evenly spread out compared to the massive number of Gear players compared to Fun and Grub.
I've never picked a Grass-type starter in any of the games I've played, so for me my choice is between Fire and Water. I know Fire-type is going to be the team I inevitably play on because Shira wants to pick that team and we play on one account, but if the choice was entirely mine it'd take a bit for me to decide. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 | Second Splatfest Theme Revealed
The theme for the second Splatfest has been announced, and will ask the question of which starter type is better in Pokémon: Fire, Water, or Grass?

I like that this theme is less of a clear-cut choice compared to the first Splatfest. Hopefully this means the teams will be more evenly spread out compared to the massive number of Gear players compared to Fun and Grub.
I've never picked a Grass-type starter in any of the games I've played, so for me my choice is between Fire and Water. I know Fire-type is going to be the team I inevitably play on because Shira wants to pick that team and we play on one account, but if the choice was entirely mine it'd take a bit for me to decide. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Chill Season 2022 Announced
The next season of Splatoon 3 has been announced! Chill Season 2022 will arrive on December 1, and will bring with it new weapons, stages, and events!

There hasn't been any official breakdown of the new content so names for everything are lacking right now, but this is what has been spotted in the trailer that is new:

• New Roller with an extra-wide brush head
  • New Charger that shoots 5 shots at a time
  • New Blaster
  • Japanese Village stage
  • Schoolyard stage
  • Variants of Dapple Dualies, Splattershot Pro, Luna Blaster, Tentatek Splattershot, Mini Splatling
  • Big Run event
  • Wahoo World added to Salmon Run
  • X Battles (no idea what an X Battle is but apparently they were in previous games)

I'd been feeling a little burnt out with Splatoon 3 lately, but this new season looks like it might reel me back in properly again, especially with additions to Salmon Run. I am curious though whether current catalogue content will be obtainable in other ways once this new season starts or if it'll all become inaccessible until Nintendo decide to re-run the season or something. I really hope this game doesn't do FOMO style seasons. Nooo

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 - Chill Season 2022 Announced
The next season of Splatoon 3 has been announced! Chill Season 2022 will arrive on December 1, and will bring with it new weapons, stages, and events!

There hasn't been any official breakdown of the new content so names for everything are lacking right now, but this is what has been spotted in the trailer that is new:

• New Roller with an extra-wide brush head
  • New Charger that shoots 5 shots at a time
  • New Blaster
  • Japanese Village stage
  • Schoolyard stage
  • Variants of Dapple Dualies, Splattershot Pro, Luna Blaster, Tentatek Splattershot, Mini Splatling
  • Big Run event
  • Wahoo World added to Salmon Run
  • X Battles (no idea what an X Battle is but apparently they were in previous games)

I'd been feeling a little burnt out with Splatoon 3 lately, but this new season looks like it might reel me back in properly again, especially with additions to Salmon Run. I am curious though whether current catalogue content will be obtainable in other ways once this new season starts or if it'll all become inaccessible until Nintendo decide to re-run the season or something. I really hope this game doesn't do FOMO style seasons. Nooo
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Spatoon 3 has been a game that I been wanting to get, but I can't seem to justify the full price for it as I'm not sure how much of it I would play of it? Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Spatoon 3 has been a game that I been wanting to get, but I can't seem to justify the full price for it as I'm not sure how much of it I would play of it? Gasp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 16th, 2022, 01:49 AM)Karo Wrote:
How much did you play the previous ones?
For me, I'd say that after the new car smell wore off I started to lose interest in the game very quickly because it started to feel repetitive once I knew all the maps like the back of my hand. Two maps for a two hour session just gets dull quickly for me and I can't be bothered to play a little bit every couple of hours just to get to play on different maps. Eh

Anyway, the official Twitter account for Splatoon has been periodically sharing information on some of the things coming in the Chill Season:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 16th, 2022, 01:49 AM)Karo Wrote:
How much did you play the previous ones?
For me, I'd say that after the new car smell wore off I started to lose interest in the game very quickly because it started to feel repetitive once I knew all the maps like the back of my hand. Two maps for a two hour session just gets dull quickly for me and I can't be bothered to play a little bit every couple of hours just to get to play on different maps. Eh

Anyway, the official Twitter account for Splatoon has been periodically sharing information on some of the things coming in the Chill Season:
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although my interest in Splatoon 3 has dropped off heavily, mostly due to burnout from playing so much of it at launch, I had this video come onto my YouTube feed about a world-record setting Salmon Run match that ended with 241 Eggs collected and even though luck comes into it to an extent, it's still cool to see some of the techniques used to make egg gathering as efficient as possible regardless of what the rounds turn out to be:

Interestingly, after watching the video and while writing this post I saw that each runner is linked to in the video description (props to IGN for doing that) and checking one of the channels I saw that this run is actually no longer the world record. From what I can see this team has managed to hit 307 within this past week, and although it doesn't feature any commentary to explain techniques like the video above does (hence why I chose to keep it in the post) you can get an idea of what they're doing if you go off of the explanations in the IGN video:

I seriously can't believe that in less than a month this team went from 241 to 307. I've never really seen world records mentioned for games outside of speed run times so to come across something like this is actually really cool to see and makes me curious what other crazy records have been set in other games. Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although my interest in Splatoon 3 has dropped off heavily, mostly due to burnout from playing so much of it at launch, I had this video come onto my YouTube feed about a world-record setting Salmon Run match that ended with 241 Eggs collected and even though luck comes into it to an extent, it's still cool to see some of the techniques used to make egg gathering as efficient as possible regardless of what the rounds turn out to be:

Interestingly, after watching the video and while writing this post I saw that each runner is linked to in the video description (props to IGN for doing that) and checking one of the channels I saw that this run is actually no longer the world record. From what I can see this team has managed to hit 307 within this past week, and although it doesn't feature any commentary to explain techniques like the video above does (hence why I chose to keep it in the post) you can get an idea of what they're doing if you go off of the explanations in the IGN video:

I seriously can't believe that in less than a month this team went from 241 to 307. I've never really seen world records mentioned for games outside of speed run times so to come across something like this is actually really cool to see and makes me curious what other crazy records have been set in other games. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooo that Goldie farm in phase 2 was absolutely wild. The amount of eggs that spawned was unreal. And that last minute clutch on that last round to put that over the 100 mark in the LAST 5 SECONDS! Wow Just absolutely bonkers. What perfect handling of everything all at once.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooo that Goldie farm in phase 2 was absolutely wild. The amount of eggs that spawned was unreal. And that last minute clutch on that last round to put that over the 100 mark in the LAST 5 SECONDS! Wow Just absolutely bonkers. What perfect handling of everything all at once.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass Announced
An expansion pass has been announced for Splatoon 3 during today's Nintendo Direct, and will be split into two waves:

Wave 1 will provide a functional version of Inkopolis from the original Splatoon game, letting you use this lobby instead of the regular one. Functionally, both lobbies are the same and will not sell different items; the only difference besides visuals is that Splatfest event performances will be done by the Squid Sisters in the Inkopolis lobby.
Wave 1 will be released in Spring 2023.

Meanwhile, Wave 2 will provide an all new single-player campaign called Side Order. No date was given for when this will release.

As I said in the Direct thread, I think this expansion pass is rather poor when half of it is just a palette swap for the lobby. I guess it could be viewed as a bonus alongside the Side Order campaign that you get to have before that's ready, but that depends on what the price for the expansion pass is overall.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass Announced
An expansion pass has been announced for Splatoon 3 during today's Nintendo Direct, and will be split into two waves:

Wave 1 will provide a functional version of Inkopolis from the original Splatoon game, letting you use this lobby instead of the regular one. Functionally, both lobbies are the same and will not sell different items; the only difference besides visuals is that Splatfest event performances will be done by the Squid Sisters in the Inkopolis lobby.
Wave 1 will be released in Spring 2023.

Meanwhile, Wave 2 will provide an all new single-player campaign called Side Order. No date was given for when this will release.

As I said in the Direct thread, I think this expansion pass is rather poor when half of it is just a palette swap for the lobby. I guess it could be viewed as a bonus alongside the Side Order campaign that you get to have before that's ready, but that depends on what the price for the expansion pass is overall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,903 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,968 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,830 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface