Spoopy Season '23
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's just a little less than two weeks until Halloween, so why not get or share in the spirit by talking about anything related to Halloween this year? Perhaps you've decorated your house, or seen someone else's house that looks really cool? Maybe you have plans? Or you just saw something related to Halloween for this year that you want to share, such as a recipe, decoration, food, etc.?

I don't know what I'll be doing on Halloween yet, but I did already decorate the house and last weekend went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. I haven't uploaded any photos I took yet, but for anyone who wants to see how that event is there's this video that shows off every single haunted house that's at the event this year:

I only went in the Exorcist attraction due to time, in case anyone is curious what houses I went into.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It's just a little less than two weeks until Halloween, so why not get or share in the spirit by talking about anything related to Halloween this year? Perhaps you've decorated your house, or seen someone else's house that looks really cool? Maybe you have plans? Or you just saw something related to Halloween for this year that you want to share, such as a recipe, decoration, food, etc.?

I don't know what I'll be doing on Halloween yet, but I did already decorate the house and last weekend went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. I haven't uploaded any photos I took yet, but for anyone who wants to see how that event is there's this video that shows off every single haunted house that's at the event this year:

I only went in the Exorcist attraction due to time, in case anyone is curious what houses I went into.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Other than dealing with Pumpkins, both the amount to get out to sell and also the bad Pumpkins at work not much really for Halloween. I'll intend to go visit your parents this time though instead of missing it last year. Although speaking of pumpkins, there's tiny "munchkin" pumpkins and no one wants the green ones. XD White, orange, yellowy sure obviously.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Other than dealing with Pumpkins, both the amount to get out to sell and also the bad Pumpkins at work not much really for Halloween. I'll intend to go visit your parents this time though instead of missing it last year. Although speaking of pumpkins, there's tiny "munchkin" pumpkins and no one wants the green ones. XD White, orange, yellowy sure obviously.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only pumpkin thing I deal with at my work is pumpkin ice cream. Tongue

Also I only found this yesterday but I agree with the Internet wide sentiment that this video is the defacto mascot video to usher in Halloween season:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only pumpkin thing I deal with at my work is pumpkin ice cream. Tongue

Also I only found this yesterday but I agree with the Internet wide sentiment that this video is the defacto mascot video to usher in Halloween season:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
[Image: Oven-Baked-Spare-Ribs-7.jpg]

Delicious.

Loving the spoopy season so far. Also I LOVE the mini pumpkins!! Those are a tradition in my household. I should finally decorate mine this year Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Delicious.

Loving the spoopy season so far. Also I LOVE the mini pumpkins!! Those are a tradition in my household. I should finally decorate mine this year Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 20th, 2023, 02:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Delicious.

I forgot I had posted that video above your post and wondered what ribs had to do with Halloween season and thought you had gone to a wrong thread. ROFL

And yeah, we should really try and actually decorate one this year. Every year we buy them and then they sit on the counter until Christmas and start rotting. Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 20th, 2023, 02:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Delicious.

I forgot I had posted that video above your post and wondered what ribs had to do with Halloween season and thought you had gone to a wrong thread. ROFL

And yeah, we should really try and actually decorate one this year. Every year we buy them and then they sit on the counter until Christmas and start rotting. Mellow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I took these photos over the weekend (as best as I could considering all vehicles involved are moving) of this Jeep that had been decked out with Halloween decorations, and wanted to share them because not only did I think it was cool but also I never saw anything like this in England, and even here in Florida I haven't seen people decorating their vehicles for Halloween to this extent: https://imgur.com/a/LDvnl48

I also saw a golf cart that was fully kitted out with Halloween stuff too while at a fast food drive thru, but they were too many cars ahead to get a good photo and left the parking lot just as we got close enough that I could've taken a shot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I took these photos over the weekend (as best as I could considering all vehicles involved are moving) of this Jeep that had been decked out with Halloween decorations, and wanted to share them because not only did I think it was cool but also I never saw anything like this in England, and even here in Florida I haven't seen people decorating their vehicles for Halloween to this extent: https://imgur.com/a/LDvnl48

I also saw a golf cart that was fully kitted out with Halloween stuff too while at a fast food drive thru, but they were too many cars ahead to get a good photo and left the parking lot just as we got close enough that I could've taken a shot.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I can imagine people possibly decorating their vehicle if it was stationary for the day or the night portion of Halloween, but actually driving around with those kinds of decorations is a bit surprising. Did the skeletons seem to stay in place while you watched it pass?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I can imagine people possibly decorating their vehicle if it was stationary for the day or the night portion of Halloween, but actually driving around with those kinds of decorations is a bit surprising. Did the skeletons seem to stay in place while you watched it pass?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Halloween everyone! Grin

I think you'd have to secure anything very securely to your car.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I think you'd have to secure anything very securely to your car.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately it begun to pour down, albeit shortly, just before it got too dark so bet that screwed with people's plans or decorations. Went to see Moony's parents after the rain had stopped. Some people were out trick or treating. I got to use my skull light, one I had as a kid which sat around and did nothing for the past probably 20 years and it worked despite the previous leaked batteries and ruined spring for one of the battery. Cool I guess.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately it begun to pour down, albeit shortly, just before it got too dark so bet that screwed with people's plans or decorations. Went to see Moony's parents after the rain had stopped. Some people were out trick or treating. I got to use my skull light, one I had as a kid which sat around and did nothing for the past probably 20 years and it worked despite the previous leaked batteries and ruined spring for one of the battery. Cool I guess.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2023, 11:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Those things didn't move a damn inch from what I could see. It probably only works on vehicles like Jeeps and golf carts because of the amount of open parts on them that allow things to be attached to the body. There's no way you could pull off the same thing with a regular car.

(Oct 31st, 2023, 05:14 PM)Karo Wrote:
Happy Halloween Karo! Doing anything in particular for the night or not really? ^_^

(Oct 31st, 2023, 10:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Aww, that's a shame. Did my parents decorate? I haven't seen anything from them today so while I assume they did do it I have no clue how they did it this year.

I was turning all our Halloween lights on as it started getting dark and our big pumpkin lantern which has a faulty switch decided today will be the day the switch entirely breaks and so now after I spent half an hour putting new batteries in it the stupid thing won't turn on. I can't be arsed to fix it because I don't have the patience nor am I putting all that work in for it to be on for just tonight and then go back in a box within a day or two. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2023, 11:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Those things didn't move a damn inch from what I could see. It probably only works on vehicles like Jeeps and golf carts because of the amount of open parts on them that allow things to be attached to the body. There's no way you could pull off the same thing with a regular car.

(Oct 31st, 2023, 05:14 PM)Karo Wrote:
Happy Halloween Karo! Doing anything in particular for the night or not really? ^_^

(Oct 31st, 2023, 10:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Aww, that's a shame. Did my parents decorate? I haven't seen anything from them today so while I assume they did do it I have no clue how they did it this year.

I was turning all our Halloween lights on as it started getting dark and our big pumpkin lantern which has a faulty switch decided today will be the day the switch entirely breaks and so now after I spent half an hour putting new batteries in it the stupid thing won't turn on. I can't be arsed to fix it because I don't have the patience nor am I putting all that work in for it to be on for just tonight and then go back in a box within a day or two. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah your parents did decorate, just not as much as they wanted because of the rain, although some of what they did have out got soaked. Darn weather, can't behave itself for just one day. Glare

Sucks about the pumpkin lantern. Was it a new item or did you have it last year or times before?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah your parents did decorate, just not as much as they wanted because of the rain, although some of what they did have out got soaked. Darn weather, can't behave itself for just one day. Glare

Sucks about the pumpkin lantern. Was it a new item or did you have it last year or times before?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know I've posted again, but this is important. You are a blessing Mark Rober, sir. o7 (for context he's a guy who's made an assault course for squirrels, the smallest Nerf gun, dropped an egg from space plus other things)

Skip to 10:05 to go straight to the prank bowls in action, earlier is them testing and telling you what the bowls do.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know I've posted again, but this is important. You are a blessing Mark Rober, sir. o7 (for context he's a guy who's made an assault course for squirrels, the smallest Nerf gun, dropped an egg from space plus other things)

Skip to 10:05 to go straight to the prank bowls in action, earlier is them testing and telling you what the bowls do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 1st, 2023, 08:14 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I heard about how the rain stopped them putting out as much as they wanted, although I do wonder how much of it would actually be okay since here any of the Halloween decorations that are suited for outdoor use have no issues being left in the rain from my experience.

We've had it a couple of years at most (I think this is the third year?) but it turns out what happened was the switch rusted up inside (the switch is plastic on the outside so I had no idea why it was stuck at the time) so when I tried to put more force onto it it just broke it, and I guess the connector inside was just barely hanging on to keep it powered but has now come entirely loose. It probably won't be hard to fix it, but that won't be happening until near October of next year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 1st, 2023, 08:14 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I heard about how the rain stopped them putting out as much as they wanted, although I do wonder how much of it would actually be okay since here any of the Halloween decorations that are suited for outdoor use have no issues being left in the rain from my experience.

We've had it a couple of years at most (I think this is the third year?) but it turns out what happened was the switch rusted up inside (the switch is plastic on the outside so I had no idea why it was stuck at the time) so when I tried to put more force onto it it just broke it, and I guess the connector inside was just barely hanging on to keep it powered but has now come entirely loose. It probably won't be hard to fix it, but that won't be happening until near October of next year.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,081 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  2020 Holiday Season Thread Moonface 15 7,403 Jan 18th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Holiday Season 2018 Karo 14 10,741 Jan 6th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL