Parody/Silly Songs
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Wasn't really sure what to call this so if someone has a better name I'm all ears.

What I'm focusing on for this thread is songs that were clearly made to not be taken seriously and to maybe give a bit of a chuckle to the listener. For example: Hopefully I got the idea across somewhat. I mostly made this to share the last link in that list because I discovered it last year and find it amusing and with Christmas coming up it surfaced in my mind again. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Wasn't really sure what to call this so if someone has a better name I'm all ears.

What I'm focusing on for this thread is songs that were clearly made to not be taken seriously and to maybe give a bit of a chuckle to the listener. For example: Hopefully I got the idea across somewhat. I mostly made this to share the last link in that list because I discovered it last year and find it amusing and with Christmas coming up it surfaced in my mind again. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can't talk about parody songs without Mr. Weird Al Yankovic being in the conversation!

Of course, he's a given, though I did learn he did the Captain Underpants movie theme recently, which is pretty cute cuz the comics did reference him.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can't talk about parody songs without Mr. Weird Al Yankovic being in the conversation!

Of course, he's a given, though I did learn he did the Captain Underpants movie theme recently, which is pretty cute cuz the comics did reference him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ya know for having known of Weird Al for 15+ years I've never once actually checked out anything they've done to the point I know literally none of their work. So, I decided now's a good a time as any to actually take a look for the first time and I decided to watch/listen to "White & Nerdy" since it's their top video, and wow I've been missing out. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ya know for having known of Weird Al for 15+ years I've never once actually checked out anything they've done to the point I know literally none of their work. So, I decided now's a good a time as any to actually take a look for the first time and I decided to watch/listen to "White & Nerdy" since it's their top video, and wow I've been missing out. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah Weird AL's the only I remotely sort of paid attention to and know of. Parody songs are fine if done well but just aren't my thing and just a pass by thing for me really. Can I say I at least do like Weird Al's stuff or the songs I've heard.

For "silly" songs then well er...a certain Island that is Lonely has that covered in spades. Oh no. XD Or used to at least, haven't anything recent by them for a long time, just haven't needed to search for them...until now. There's others but they're what springs to mind first, and are likely better but whatever.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah Weird AL's the only I remotely sort of paid attention to and know of. Parody songs are fine if done well but just aren't my thing and just a pass by thing for me really. Can I say I at least do like Weird Al's stuff or the songs I've heard.

For "silly" songs then well er...a certain Island that is Lonely has that covered in spades. Oh no. XD Or used to at least, haven't anything recent by them for a long time, just haven't needed to search for them...until now. There's others but they're what springs to mind first, and are likely better but whatever.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I would like to nominate the Dead Kennedys, although their songs are less "silly" and more "biting satire". In line more with the intent of the topic, it's hard to beat the ones mentioned, but I'll try. There's a Youtuber by the name of MagicMason1000 who does what he calls "Shitscores", which are rewritings of songs that make them absolutely awful, and they are nothing short of hilarious, even if you can't read sheet music. My favorite is definitely Destruction of the Gladiators, but the one I'd probably send to anyone uninitiated is his version of This is Halloween, because they'd most likely know how it's supposed to be and appreciate the awful. Just do make sure if you watch them (and not just listen to them), watch them at 60 fps, because some of the jokes don't work at 30 fps. Also, if you watch with headphones, TURN THEM DOWN! You were warned.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I would like to nominate the Dead Kennedys, although their songs are less "silly" and more "biting satire". In line more with the intent of the topic, it's hard to beat the ones mentioned, but I'll try. There's a Youtuber by the name of MagicMason1000 who does what he calls "Shitscores", which are rewritings of songs that make them absolutely awful, and they are nothing short of hilarious, even if you can't read sheet music. My favorite is definitely Destruction of the Gladiators, but the one I'd probably send to anyone uninitiated is his version of This is Halloween, because they'd most likely know how it's supposed to be and appreciate the awful. Just do make sure if you watch them (and not just listen to them), watch them at 60 fps, because some of the jokes don't work at 30 fps. Also, if you watch with headphones, TURN THEM DOWN! You were warned.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about this song/remix of the phrase "they're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" from The Lord of the Rings until last night when a Twitch streamer I watch had a 90+ gift sub alert play three times in a row, with said alert playing out a very large chunk of this song. I don't often watch or come across stuff like this so I love stupid this is. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about this song/remix of the phrase "they're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" from The Lord of the Rings until last night when a Twitch streamer I watch had a 90+ gift sub alert play three times in a row, with said alert playing out a very large chunk of this song. I don't often watch or come across stuff like this so I love stupid this is. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 283 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Cover Songs Moonface 16 6,664 Aug 3rd, 2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Monocle
  Spotify Wrapped/Your Top Songs of 2022 ShiraNoMai 15 3,127 Jan 13th, 2023, 03:52 PM
  What Songs Do You Sing To? Moonface 6 3,800 Nov 19th, 2021, 07:42 PM
  Parody Entertainment Moonface 4 3,986 Apr 17th, 2019, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Frank