Video Share
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
"Everyone in McKinney is dead."
Not sure what weather station this is on, but someone screwed up the temperature for a place called McKinney on this map and the weather guy just rolled with it in the best possible way. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
"Everyone in McKinney is dead."
Not sure what weather station this is on, but someone screwed up the temperature for a place called McKinney on this map and the weather guy just rolled with it in the best possible way. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn them temps in the first place. Now if it were that kind of mistake here, it would only be something like 2629 (typical hot day for UK) no wait really 3840 for that 101105, but still quite dead. I like one of the comments: "It's only 10x the surface temperature of the Sun, it's fine."
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn them temps in the first place. Now if it were that kind of mistake here, it would only be something like 2629 (typical hot day for UK) no wait really 3840 for that 101105, but still quite dead. I like one of the comments: "It's only 10x the surface temperature of the Sun, it's fine."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know how accurate this video truly is since I have no expert knowledge about the human body and implosions, but I had seen clips of this on social media weeks ago and just had YouTube recommend me the full video to be reminded of its existence. This video is a simulation of what happens to a human body in an implosion at the depth the Titan submersible was when it imploded over a month or so ago.

I knew that death was going to be super fast and involve a crush so instantaneous and devastating the people on that sub wouldn't even register it happening to them, but this visual put it into way better perspective for me personally. I think the craziest thing is the actual fireball explosion that happens to the body, which apparently would actually happen because of the amount of sheer heat generated from such rapid movement. So long as you aren't aware of anything being wrong prior to this fate happening I'd say this is at least one of the "nicest" ways to go out if you consider the speed of it and the lack of any pain or suffering.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know how accurate this video truly is since I have no expert knowledge about the human body and implosions, but I had seen clips of this on social media weeks ago and just had YouTube recommend me the full video to be reminded of its existence. This video is a simulation of what happens to a human body in an implosion at the depth the Titan submersible was when it imploded over a month or so ago.

I knew that death was going to be super fast and involve a crush so instantaneous and devastating the people on that sub wouldn't even register it happening to them, but this visual put it into way better perspective for me personally. I think the craziest thing is the actual fireball explosion that happens to the body, which apparently would actually happen because of the amount of sheer heat generated from such rapid movement. So long as you aren't aware of anything being wrong prior to this fate happening I'd say this is at least one of the "nicest" ways to go out if you consider the speed of it and the lack of any pain or suffering.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My boss found this being shared around the internet recently and it got him into the song that he had apparently never heard before now.

Anyway, this is Chad Smith (drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and no it's not Will Ferrell) doing a bit for this podcast show where they have him listen to songs he's never heard before and guess what the drums for the segment would sound like, improving as the song plays on his drums. For this video, he does 30 Seconds to Mars' famous "The Kill". It is WILD how close he gets here. Wow

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My boss found this being shared around the internet recently and it got him into the song that he had apparently never heard before now.

Anyway, this is Chad Smith (drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and no it's not Will Ferrell) doing a bit for this podcast show where they have him listen to songs he's never heard before and guess what the drums for the segment would sound like, improving as the song plays on his drums. For this video, he does 30 Seconds to Mars' famous "The Kill". It is WILD how close he gets here. Wow

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

So, this youtuber has a series of videos that can be called "X: Crimes Against Y". It's a reasonably deep dive into a subject of his choosing, and they are VERY interesting. This is his most recent one in the series, and it's about how we are junking up LEO (Low Earth Orbit) and need to stop. And along the way, I found a new reason to see Elon Musk as a terrible idiot. Didn't think it was still possible for my opinion to sink any lower, but here we are!

DUDE ALMOST CAUSED AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT! TWICE!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

So, this youtuber has a series of videos that can be called "X: Crimes Against Y". It's a reasonably deep dive into a subject of his choosing, and they are VERY interesting. This is his most recent one in the series, and it's about how we are junking up LEO (Low Earth Orbit) and need to stop. And along the way, I found a new reason to see Elon Musk as a terrible idiot. Didn't think it was still possible for my opinion to sink any lower, but here we are!

DUDE ALMOST CAUSED AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT! TWICE!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've watched a few of their videos in the past (The Bankrupt Business of 2022, The Evil Business of 2021, and How Exams Ruined Your Life) and enjoyed them, but have rarely dabbled in their other videos despite enjoying the ones I have watched because the titles make it seem like the videos are going to be a lot of stating the obvious, i.e. Drones | Crimes Against the Sky sounds like it'll literally be 30 minutes of telling me that drones are used in a lot of annoying ways. I suspect the video isn't really that simple at all but their titling has made it hard for me to want to give my time to checking their videos to find out if I'm wrong. More so now that YouTube insists on preventing ad blockers. Eh

Now for anyone who likes Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or just really good animation, I discovered this video yesterday that is an incredibly good extended fan animation of those brief opening elemental bending bits from the shows OP:

It also includes elemental bending that is discovered during the show, such as the metal bending of the Earth benders or the blood bending of the Water benders.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've watched a few of their videos in the past (The Bankrupt Business of 2022, The Evil Business of 2021, and How Exams Ruined Your Life) and enjoyed them, but have rarely dabbled in their other videos despite enjoying the ones I have watched because the titles make it seem like the videos are going to be a lot of stating the obvious, i.e. Drones | Crimes Against the Sky sounds like it'll literally be 30 minutes of telling me that drones are used in a lot of annoying ways. I suspect the video isn't really that simple at all but their titling has made it hard for me to want to give my time to checking their videos to find out if I'm wrong. More so now that YouTube insists on preventing ad blockers. Eh

Now for anyone who likes Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or just really good animation, I discovered this video yesterday that is an incredibly good extended fan animation of those brief opening elemental bending bits from the shows OP:

It also includes elemental bending that is discovered during the show, such as the metal bending of the Earth benders or the blood bending of the Water benders.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 31st, 2023, 12:04 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Actually, that video is not about civilian use of drones, but the military history and evolution of drones. From it's infancy with Nikola Tesla (not a joke) straight through to the War in Ukraine. It's a very interesting and disturbing video about how drones are disrupting key pillars of warfare (e.g. digging a foxhole to avoid artillery fire), all set to his British™ wit and pointed commentary. Even if you think the commentary will be obvious, I still would highly recommend binging his backlog.

My favorite video along these line is actually his Lawns video, if only for the feeling of "Ha ha, screw you, I was right" it gives me when I do watch it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 31st, 2023, 12:04 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Actually, that video is not about civilian use of drones, but the military history and evolution of drones. From it's infancy with Nikola Tesla (not a joke) straight through to the War in Ukraine. It's a very interesting and disturbing video about how drones are disrupting key pillars of warfare (e.g. digging a foxhole to avoid artillery fire), all set to his British™ wit and pointed commentary. Even if you think the commentary will be obvious, I still would highly recommend binging his backlog.

My favorite video along these line is actually his Lawns video, if only for the feeling of "Ha ha, screw you, I was right" it gives me when I do watch it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I was super mistaken then. I'll make a point to check out the rest of their videos now then since it's clear they aren't what I assumed them to be (which I expected, but I appreciate that you clarified it for me here). Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I was super mistaken then. I'll make a point to check out the rest of their videos now then since it's clear they aren't what I assumed them to be (which I expected, but I appreciate that you clarified it for me here). Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Hardcore Henry building shootout

So, a couple days ago, the name of this movie suddenly came into memory, and I remembered "I NEED TO SEE THIS GODDAMN MOVIE!" You probably don't remember the movie "Hardcore Henry", but you might remember it as "that kickass shootout scene that was actually filmed in First-Person", which is the video I linked (the preview scene starts about 2 minutes in). I bought the movie on Amazon, it's coming Sunday, and I will be letting you all know how it is as long as I remember to watch it. Even if it's a bad movie, this looks absolutely incredible, and the technical feat of filming the ENTIRE THING in first-person is nothing short of impressive!

And once again, had to link it because the video doesn't allow embeds of it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Hardcore Henry building shootout

So, a couple days ago, the name of this movie suddenly came into memory, and I remembered "I NEED TO SEE THIS GODDAMN MOVIE!" You probably don't remember the movie "Hardcore Henry", but you might remember it as "that kickass shootout scene that was actually filmed in First-Person", which is the video I linked (the preview scene starts about 2 minutes in). I bought the movie on Amazon, it's coming Sunday, and I will be letting you all know how it is as long as I remember to watch it. Even if it's a bad movie, this looks absolutely incredible, and the technical feat of filming the ENTIRE THING in first-person is nothing short of impressive!

And once again, had to link it because the video doesn't allow embeds of it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow to the Wilhelm scream at 4:50. XD

Dang I barely remember that movie name and definitely don't remember what it was remotely meant to be about, which made watching that video with zero context an interesting experience. Tongue
That idea of a first person shooter perspective in a movie reminds me of the Doom movie with The Rock in it. Although that movie isn't really all that good, I love the FPS sequence of that movie towards the end because it's clear the director respected the source material, unlike other live action game movies of that time such as the Resident Evil movies.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow to the Wilhelm scream at 4:50. XD

Dang I barely remember that movie name and definitely don't remember what it was remotely meant to be about, which made watching that video with zero context an interesting experience. Tongue
That idea of a first person shooter perspective in a movie reminds me of the Doom movie with The Rock in it. Although that movie isn't really all that good, I love the FPS sequence of that movie towards the end because it's clear the director respected the source material, unlike other live action game movies of that time such as the Resident Evil movies.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Literally everyone loves the FPS sequence in Doom. It's pretty much the only good thing about that movie (cheese as it is). But the thing about Doom is that its FPS sequence is all CGI and camera tomfoolery. Hardcore Henry did this 100% legit with a custom face camera rig (that would hand out neck injuries to its stuntmen like candy).The last time I watched a movie this interesting in cinematography alone was Timecode, and NONE OF YOU have ever heard of Timecode!

Timecode is a "one take" film. By that I mean the entire film was shot, end to end, in a single take. No cuts or edits. Timecode actually ups the ante on this with 4 separate cameras filming end to end, all while never crossing another camera's eyeline (I know this because I watched it). Outside of that interesting cinrmatography, there is literally no reason to watch it. Like, it's not even entertaining as a bad movie or anything; it is a supremely boring movie where basically nothing happens for 93 straight minutes.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Literally everyone loves the FPS sequence in Doom. It's pretty much the only good thing about that movie (cheese as it is). But the thing about Doom is that its FPS sequence is all CGI and camera tomfoolery. Hardcore Henry did this 100% legit with a custom face camera rig (that would hand out neck injuries to its stuntmen like candy).The last time I watched a movie this interesting in cinematography alone was Timecode, and NONE OF YOU have ever heard of Timecode!

Timecode is a "one take" film. By that I mean the entire film was shot, end to end, in a single take. No cuts or edits. Timecode actually ups the ante on this with 4 separate cameras filming end to end, all while never crossing another camera's eyeline (I know this because I watched it). Outside of that interesting cinrmatography, there is literally no reason to watch it. Like, it's not even entertaining as a bad movie or anything; it is a supremely boring movie where basically nothing happens for 93 straight minutes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm guessing GoPro's weren't a thing when that movie was made, since I'd expect those would be a very good starting point for doing that FPS sequence in Hardcore Henry the way it's done?

As for one take shots, I love that stuff when I'm aware of it in movies. Dead Meat always points out one takes in any movie they're covering and it's cool to see all the different ways they get done.

On an unrelated note, I discovered this video of a guy being invited onto the stage at a Foo Fighters concert to play the guitar on Monkey Wrench and the guy absolutely slays it:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm guessing GoPro's weren't a thing when that movie was made, since I'd expect those would be a very good starting point for doing that FPS sequence in Hardcore Henry the way it's done?

As for one take shots, I love that stuff when I'm aware of it in movies. Dead Meat always points out one takes in any movie they're covering and it's cool to see all the different ways they get done.

On an unrelated note, I discovered this video of a guy being invited onto the stage at a Foo Fighters concert to play the guitar on Monkey Wrench and the guy absolutely slays it:
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Believe it or not, that's the second time I've seen something like that happen. The first time was with The Who. Keith Moon, after having one too many horse tranquilizers (?!), passed out on stage mid-set, and they asked the fans for someone to replace him. Scot Haplin was in the audience that night, then just a no-name 19 year old, and ended up doing something so momentous he got his own wikipedia page. Reality is stranger than fiction, because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. And yes, we got video.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Believe it or not, that's the second time I've seen something like that happen. The first time was with The Who. Keith Moon, after having one too many horse tranquilizers (?!), passed out on stage mid-set, and they asked the fans for someone to replace him. Scot Haplin was in the audience that night, then just a no-name 19 year old, and ended up doing something so momentous he got his own wikipedia page. Reality is stranger than fiction, because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. And yes, we got video.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting to read his Wikipedia page and see that he won an award from Rolling Stone for Pick-up Player of the Year. I assume that award is for instances where someone just comes in out of the blue to play for a band who isn't established themselves or anything like that, and if I'm right then I'm surprised to learn that unknown people just picking up an instrument to cover for someone occurs enough that it can fill an award category with nominees.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting to read his Wikipedia page and see that he won an award from Rolling Stone for Pick-up Player of the Year. I assume that award is for instances where someone just comes in out of the blue to play for a band who isn't established themselves or anything like that, and if I'm right then I'm surprised to learn that unknown people just picking up an instrument to cover for someone occurs enough that it can fill an award category with nominees.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just have to share this because I remembered about an hour ago that the Red Bull Soapbox Race is a thing and that one of the designs I vividly remember from one of the rare times I watched one of the events was based on Indiana Jones, so went looking for it and found this whole playlist of soapbox design highlights: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/shows/red...apbox-race

For anyone who wants to see the Indiana Jones one, it's from the 2015 design highlights video. Wink But honestly they've all got great stuff in them and helped brighten my day a little after feeling mentally bleh all day.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just have to share this because I remembered about an hour ago that the Red Bull Soapbox Race is a thing and that one of the designs I vividly remember from one of the rare times I watched one of the events was based on Indiana Jones, so went looking for it and found this whole playlist of soapbox design highlights: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/shows/red...apbox-race

For anyone who wants to see the Indiana Jones one, it's from the 2015 design highlights video. Wink But honestly they've all got great stuff in them and helped brighten my day a little after feeling mentally bleh all day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share/Learn a Random Fact Moonface 86 12,975 Apr 14th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Share Your Own Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 138 Mar 8th, 2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Moonface