Pokémon Regions/Routes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What Pokémon region is your favourite? Is there a particular area in that region you like the most, or is there an area in another region that you think is really good despite the region itself not being your favourite or even that good? If you had the choice to live in one of the Pokémon regions, what one would you pick and why? Smile

I'm not sure which region is my favourite, since I've only really experienced Kalos and Kanto fully, but I can't remember much about them in terms of what one felt like a better map to explore and travel through. I do really like Lavender Town and the Pokémon Mansion in Kanto though, because they're kinda creepy and from what I recall the only two areas that give the player some neat lore about the world.

To live in personally, I want to shoot for Alola purely for how pretty it looks, but I need to look through all of the regions properly to tell if one has more appealing qualities to it than what I see at face value for them all.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What Pokémon region is your favourite? Is there a particular area in that region you like the most, or is there an area in another region that you think is really good despite the region itself not being your favourite or even that good? If you had the choice to live in one of the Pokémon regions, what one would you pick and why? Smile

I'm not sure which region is my favourite, since I've only really experienced Kalos and Kanto fully, but I can't remember much about them in terms of what one felt like a better map to explore and travel through. I do really like Lavender Town and the Pokémon Mansion in Kanto though, because they're kinda creepy and from what I recall the only two areas that give the player some neat lore about the world.

To live in personally, I want to shoot for Alola purely for how pretty it looks, but I need to look through all of the regions properly to tell if one has more appealing qualities to it than what I see at face value for them all.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How can you make a topic without a proper opinion on the matter?! D:

Joking aside, I'd love to be in Unova. It's the "New York" of the Pokemon regions, and to be able to experience seasons on a monthly basis is amazing considering I don't currently experience anything other than summer and 2 weeks of winter, collectively.
I would also love to be in Johto, considering I have direct access to the neighboring country of Kanto. I can imagine just how gorgeous visiting each area would be, re-calling the location title cards and promotional artwork from HeartGold and SoulSilver. Like, look at this majesty:
[Image: 661px-Ecruteak_City_Landscape.png]

I would say Alola, but navigating the islands sounds like a fucking chore to do. Though if I consider I could ride my Pokemon to get from place to place, it might not be that bad Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How can you make a topic without a proper opinion on the matter?! D:

Joking aside, I'd love to be in Unova. It's the "New York" of the Pokemon regions, and to be able to experience seasons on a monthly basis is amazing considering I don't currently experience anything other than summer and 2 weeks of winter, collectively.
I would also love to be in Johto, considering I have direct access to the neighboring country of Kanto. I can imagine just how gorgeous visiting each area would be, re-calling the location title cards and promotional artwork from HeartGold and SoulSilver. Like, look at this majesty:
[Image: 661px-Ecruteak_City_Landscape.png]

I would say Alola, but navigating the islands sounds like a fucking chore to do. Though if I consider I could ride my Pokemon to get from place to place, it might not be that bad Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are both releasing soon, I figured I'd bring this thread back and expand it to include routes as well as regions. ^_^

To actually have some input this time, I remember really liking Coumarine City in XY. What stood out to me a lot with that location was that the city is split into an upper and lower tier, and you can look down on the lower tier from the upper one, which I thought was really neat. I also like the beach routes that surround it, again because you can look down on lower areas from the cliffs above. I feel like it's rare for routes in Pokemon games to let you look at other areas from different elevations and having to work your way down to them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are both releasing soon, I figured I'd bring this thread back and expand it to include routes as well as regions. ^_^

To actually have some input this time, I remember really liking Coumarine City in XY. What stood out to me a lot with that location was that the city is split into an upper and lower tier, and you can look down on the lower tier from the upper one, which I thought was really neat. I also like the beach routes that surround it, again because you can look down on lower areas from the cliffs above. I feel like it's rare for routes in Pokemon games to let you look at other areas from different elevations and having to work your way down to them.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I will always be a Kanto guy.

Just seeing how far you could make it from Pallet Town was incredible and no other region has ever come close to emulating the sense of wonder that Kanto gave me (I think Sinnoh was the worst of all for me, looked incredibly artificial for my liking).

That said, I absolutely HATED the layout of Fuchsia City.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I will always be a Kanto guy.

Just seeing how far you could make it from Pallet Town was incredible and no other region has ever come close to emulating the sense of wonder that Kanto gave me (I think Sinnoh was the worst of all for me, looked incredibly artificial for my liking).

That said, I absolutely HATED the layout of Fuchsia City.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
There were certain areas in Sinnoh I recall being nice, but that was the only redeeming quality to those games in my memory. I didn't care about the lore at all either.

Some of the Kanto towns were really confusing to navigate, I agree. I think one of the more frustrating ones is Cerulean because you have to go way around the whole town to get in and out of cardinal directions. The only direct way is the Nugget Bridge to the North.

Gen 2 had the best cave theme, though. What a banger:
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
There were certain areas in Sinnoh I recall being nice, but that was the only redeeming quality to those games in my memory. I didn't care about the lore at all either.

Some of the Kanto towns were really confusing to navigate, I agree. I think one of the more frustrating ones is Cerulean because you have to go way around the whole town to get in and out of cardinal directions. The only direct way is the Nugget Bridge to the North.

Gen 2 had the best cave theme, though. What a banger:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was trying to think of routes/areas in the games I've played that I found to just be rather dull or boring, and I think most of the hometowns in Pokemon games are pretty bad. They don't really start to get decent B&W2, and I think that game has the best one because it doesn't feel inferior to the other towns in the game. I'm not really fond of how so many of the hometowns are the only gimped areas of civilization because they feel out of place compared to the rest. I also wish there were reasons to revisit them after you leave but that's not a failing so much of the area and more the design of the game itself.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was trying to think of routes/areas in the games I've played that I found to just be rather dull or boring, and I think most of the hometowns in Pokemon games are pretty bad. They don't really start to get decent B&W2, and I think that game has the best one because it doesn't feel inferior to the other towns in the game. I'm not really fond of how so many of the hometowns are the only gimped areas of civilization because they feel out of place compared to the rest. I also wish there were reasons to revisit them after you leave but that's not a failing so much of the area and more the design of the game itself.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Dec 2nd, 2021, 05:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, you get to back to New Bark *twice* on GEN2, but I get what you are saying.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

Well, you get to back to New Bark *twice* on GEN2, but I get what you are saying.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:04 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Ah, I didn't know any of the games send you back to the hometown for anything. I guess since they all just feature your home, the rival home, and the professor, there's not much the games can do to send you back except to speak to your mother or the professor I'd imagine.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:04 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Ah, I didn't know any of the games send you back to the hometown for anything. I guess since they all just feature your home, the rival home, and the professor, there's not much the games can do to send you back except to speak to your mother or the professor I'd imagine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Pokémon's Original Watercolor Art is Supposed to Look... Moonface 4 780 May 7th, 2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  What's Pokémon's Best Gimmick(s)? Moonface 2 808 Aug 8th, 2022, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Do You Have a (Least) Favorite Pokémon Type? Moonface 3 983 May 31st, 2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Nicknames Moonface 7 1,841 Jan 16th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Karo
  Which Villainous Team is Your Favorite in Pokemon? Moonface 9 2,413 Nov 9th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai