The 2010's and Gaming
Moonface Offline
"Look at the size of that sunbum!"
Administrators
Currently Playing
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4) | Stardew Valley (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 3,320
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
With the decade almost over, what do you think will be remembered about gaming during the 2010's? What will you personally remember from it?

In a general sense, the 2010's will definitely be remembered as the time when the battle royale genre took off, loot boxes became such a notorious replacement for regular DLC that countries and companies are trying to get them regulated or banned, and the indie scene blew up and put out consistently good games on par to or better than what AAA companies can produce.

For games, Fortnite will absolutely be a staple game of the 2010's given how it's basically this decades Minecraft in regards to popularity. Overwatch will be another notable multiplayer based game from the 2010 decade. I expect a lot of the remakes or reboots will be remembered too for how they revitalised franchises such as Doom, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Resident Evil, etc. The rest are just going to be any that were stupidly good sellers like GTA V and RDR2, or notable platform exclusives like The Last of Us, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Not sure yet what I'll continue to remember from it, so I'll come back to that later. Tongue
[Image: sm19-sig-1st.png]
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
With the decade almost over, what do you think will be remembered about gaming during the 2010's? What will you personally remember from it?

In a general sense, the 2010's will definitely be remembered as the time when the battle royale genre took off, loot boxes became such a notorious replacement for regular DLC that countries and companies are trying to get them regulated or banned, and the indie scene blew up and put out consistently good games on par to or better than what AAA companies can produce.

For games, Fortnite will absolutely be a staple game of the 2010's given how it's basically this decades Minecraft in regards to popularity. Overwatch will be another notable multiplayer based game from the 2010 decade. I expect a lot of the remakes or reboots will be remembered too for how they revitalised franchises such as Doom, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Resident Evil, etc. The rest are just going to be any that were stupidly good sellers like GTA V and RDR2, or notable platform exclusives like The Last of Us, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Not sure yet what I'll continue to remember from it, so I'll come back to that later. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
(Android) AC: PC & (NS) Tales of Vesperia: DE
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 2,272
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
For me I remember the games that drug me into their world, like Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Yes, I know that some considers it to be 'garbage' but, what they consider trash is stuff I like & thus my treasure. For me the story drug me in, along with the game play which I still go back to every now & then. I loved it, even if everyone else didn't.

Another story I loved was the one for Catherine. I never played the game; I watched it played by the Radbrad on youtube but the way he played it made me love the story & how the game played out. With the new game releasing with an easy mode & I don't have to worry about timers I'm actually considering getting it this time around. xD
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
(Android) AC: PC & (NS) Tales of Vesperia: DE
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 2,272
For me I remember the games that drug me into their world, like Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Yes, I know that some considers it to be 'garbage' but, what they consider trash is stuff I like & thus my treasure. For me the story drug me in, along with the game play which I still go back to every now & then. I loved it, even if everyone else didn't.

Another story I loved was the one for Catherine. I never played the game; I watched it played by the Radbrad on youtube but the way he played it made me love the story & how the game played out. With the new game releasing with an easy mode & I don't have to worry about timers I'm actually considering getting it this time around. xD
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
For story, I think the most stand out title in the 2010's for me is The Last of Us. It's the only game I've ever played where I had to take breaks after certain story events.
[Image: sm19-sig-1st.png]
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
For story, I think the most stand out title in the 2010's for me is The Last of Us. It's the only game I've ever played where I had to take breaks after certain story events.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
CTR Nitro-Fueled | Tekken 7
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 2,710
Fire Emblem (Shiny) Uncharted Tekken 
I think the 2010's will be remembered for the dominance of online gaming and multiplayer. Will still be the biggest part in 2020's, if not one of them. Pretty much every game has some kind of online connectivity now, that being either for MP servers, purchasing new content, sharing data, and more.

For me, I'll remember 2010's mainly for Dragon's Dogma and how that became my second favourite game of all time, Uncharted (started playing the series with 2 later than '09), and Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7. Don't think I enjoyed playing anything else more than these really, nor stood out enough for me.

Also will remember it for my declining interest in gaming too, unfortunately. Sometimes I find myself with a console on, maybe a game on, and just sitting there with the menu up not doing anything.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
[Image: sm19-sig-1st-2.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
CTR Nitro-Fueled | Tekken 7
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 2,710
I think the 2010's will be remembered for the dominance of online gaming and multiplayer. Will still be the biggest part in 2020's, if not one of them. Pretty much every game has some kind of online connectivity now, that being either for MP servers, purchasing new content, sharing data, and more.

For me, I'll remember 2010's mainly for Dragon's Dogma and how that became my second favourite game of all time, Uncharted (started playing the series with 2 later than '09), and Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7. Don't think I enjoyed playing anything else more than these really, nor stood out enough for me.

Also will remember it for my declining interest in gaming too, unfortunately. Sometimes I find myself with a console on, maybe a game on, and just sitting there with the menu up not doing anything.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time cricket, full-time gamer
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 1,007
Dark Souls Final Fantasy Super Smash Bros. 
All I can say is "f*** this decade".

This will be the decade forever known when the gaming industry became too big and greedy for its own good. It will be the decade that the long-standing abuse of employees finally came to light. When Valve and Steam went off the deep end, leading to the current flood of hackjobs and asset flips that crowds the marketplace.

This will be the decade that gave us the debacle that was Mighty No. 9, or Anthem, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. It will be the rise and fall of Tell-Tale Games. It will be the decade that the public finally revolted against these game publishers and caused the video game crash that will mar the next decade. As far as I'm concerned, this decade can burn in hell. Here's hoping to a better one.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time cricket, full-time gamer
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
XP: 1,007
All I can say is "f*** this decade".

This will be the decade forever known when the gaming industry became too big and greedy for its own good. It will be the decade that the long-standing abuse of employees finally came to light. When Valve and Steam went off the deep end, leading to the current flood of hackjobs and asset flips that crowds the marketplace.

This will be the decade that gave us the debacle that was Mighty No. 9, or Anthem, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. It will be the rise and fall of Tell-Tale Games. It will be the decade that the public finally revolted against these game publishers and caused the video game crash that will mar the next decade. As far as I'm concerned, this decade can burn in hell. Here's hoping to a better one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Gaming Purchase Mr EliteL 99 10,749 Sep 3rd, 2019, 10:46 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  2018 in Gaming Moonface 10 1,226 Mar 24th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Favourite Women in Gaming Moonface 5 688 Mar 10th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Gaming worth more than video and music combined macGamr 9 1,154 Jan 28th, 2019, 04:07 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Stray observations in gaming Nightingale 4 920 Nov 12th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord