Halo (Series)
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
[Image: 1200px-Halo_logo.svg.png]
Here's where we can all chat and talk about anything and everything that has to deal with Halo!
Got a favorite game in the series? Favorite moment? Talk about it all here!
WR91 Offline
Casual
[Image: 1200px-Halo_logo.svg.png]
Here's where we can all chat and talk about anything and everything that has to deal with Halo!
Got a favorite game in the series? Favorite moment? Talk about it all here!
WR91 Offline
Casual
Has anyone played Halo Infinite yet?
WR91 Offline
Casual
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 13th, 2021, 10:40 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I haven't but I still need to play Halo at all. I did download the multiplayer but I haven't booted it up yet because I was a little unsure about whether to wait for some of the issues to be resolved before jumping in.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I haven't but I still need to play Halo at all. I did download the multiplayer but I haven't booted it up yet because I was a little unsure about whether to wait for some of the issues to be resolved before jumping in.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
Although it still lets me play the game, it says I don't have a powerful enough graphics card.

I don't even understand how to join matches in Halo Infinite. I didn't really do any investigating, just dove right into the game and tried starting a match myself to no avail.

I'd like to buy the campaign mode if it ever goes on sell and my graphics card will allow me to.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Although it still lets me play the game, it says I don't have a powerful enough graphics card.

I don't even understand how to join matches in Halo Infinite. I didn't really do any investigating, just dove right into the game and tried starting a match myself to no avail.

I'd like to buy the campaign mode if it ever goes on sell and my graphics card will allow me to.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Have you ever played any of the other Halo games @Cory?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
(Dec 14th, 2021, 10:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Most, if not all of them. I have Halo: The Masterchief Collection on my Steam library.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
(Dec 14th, 2021, 10:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Most, if not all of them. I have Halo: The Masterchief Collection on my Steam library.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm about ~60% of the way through Halo: Combat Evolved. It's very fun! Reminds me of my days in middle school playing Quake 3, but with story! ROFL

I intend to play through the trilogy, and if I feel up to it, play through 4 and 5.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm about ~60% of the way through Halo: Combat Evolved. It's very fun! Reminds me of my days in middle school playing Quake 3, but with story! ROFL

I intend to play through the trilogy, and if I feel up to it, play through 4 and 5.
WR91 Offline
Casual
While I've only completed the first Halo game it's one of my favorite series of all time.

I have all the main games from the series except Halo 5 and Infinite.

So I still plan to playthrough them at some point.
WR91 Offline
Casual
While I've only completed the first Halo game it's one of my favorite series of all time.

I have all the main games from the series except Halo 5 and Infinite.

So I still plan to playthrough them at some point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started Halo Reach last night and decided to just jump right into Legendary difficulty despite having never played a Halo game before. So far it isn't as painful as I expected it to be; I've actually been having more trouble trying to figure out how the gun mechanics work. I have the impression that if my aim reticule isn't red, then it means the enemy is out of the effective range of my weapon and so it's far less likely for me to be able to hit them, which seems especially noticeable on weapons that shoot very visible bullets where I can see them missing my target.

Driving a vehicle also seems like a death sentence unless you know beforehand where enemies are so you can stop and get out of the vehicle before you run into them. They're useful for traversing large areas quickly (obviously) but when it comes to combat they seem completely worthless.

Also the only reason I chose to start with Reach instead of 1/CE is because the game list in the Master Chief Collection launcher puts Reach at the top so I figured it wants me to play the games in chronological story order rather than release order.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started Halo Reach last night and decided to just jump right into Legendary difficulty despite having never played a Halo game before. So far it isn't as painful as I expected it to be; I've actually been having more trouble trying to figure out how the gun mechanics work. I have the impression that if my aim reticule isn't red, then it means the enemy is out of the effective range of my weapon and so it's far less likely for me to be able to hit them, which seems especially noticeable on weapons that shoot very visible bullets where I can see them missing my target.

Driving a vehicle also seems like a death sentence unless you know beforehand where enemies are so you can stop and get out of the vehicle before you run into them. They're useful for traversing large areas quickly (obviously) but when it comes to combat they seem completely worthless.

Also the only reason I chose to start with Reach instead of 1/CE is because the game list in the Master Chief Collection launcher puts Reach at the top so I figured it wants me to play the games in chronological story order rather than release order.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd probably say play them in release order instead. While Reach is a prequel to the main Halo games, playing Reach and then going back to Halo 1/Halo 2 might feel a bit painful gameplay wise, since Reach is more like Halo 3 in that regard.

Also if you ever want to play some co-op, let me know. I'll throw down some money to buy the collection on Steam as well. Halo is one of those game series that's pretty trash on your own, but man, you get together with a buddy and do some co-op, you're having some good times despite the game being mediocre. Kind of like Resident Evil 5, solo the game is butts, but co-op is just stupid fun for some reason.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd probably say play them in release order instead. While Reach is a prequel to the main Halo games, playing Reach and then going back to Halo 1/Halo 2 might feel a bit painful gameplay wise, since Reach is more like Halo 3 in that regard.

Also if you ever want to play some co-op, let me know. I'll throw down some money to buy the collection on Steam as well. Halo is one of those game series that's pretty trash on your own, but man, you get together with a buddy and do some co-op, you're having some good times despite the game being mediocre. Kind of like Resident Evil 5, solo the game is butts, but co-op is just stupid fun for some reason.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I'm far enough into the Reach campaign now that I may as well finish it before moving on to Halo 1. I'm currently on the mission that involves a space battle and getting my arse handed to me because there's no way to avoid fire and I'm playing on Legendary.

I'm also hoping that Halo 1 is a lot better than Reach. So far I find it almost boring to play yet it isn't the first game in the series. Errm

As for playing in co-op, I'd be down with anyone who's interested. Especially if it makes the game more fun similar to how it is to play co-op in RE5. I only ever played that with @Karo but it was stupidly fun back at the time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I'm far enough into the Reach campaign now that I may as well finish it before moving on to Halo 1. I'm currently on the mission that involves a space battle and getting my arse handed to me because there's no way to avoid fire and I'm playing on Legendary.

I'm also hoping that Halo 1 is a lot better than Reach. So far I find it almost boring to play yet it isn't the first game in the series. Errm

As for playing in co-op, I'd be down with anyone who's interested. Especially if it makes the game more fun similar to how it is to play co-op in RE5. I only ever played that with @Karo but it was stupidly fun back at the time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm at the missions in Reach where you're doing the space battles and I've been struggling so hard with it for a week now because not once did the game inform me there was an actual dodge button. I just hit Space on my keyboard by accident and watched my ship do an evasive maneuver and my face just went " Blink ?!?!?!" at discovering that. Until now I'd been jerking my mouse upwards repeatedly performing stupid loop the loops to cheese healing while the AI is trying to shoot me down! Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm at the missions in Reach where you're doing the space battles and I've been struggling so hard with it for a week now because not once did the game inform me there was an actual dodge button. I just hit Space on my keyboard by accident and watched my ship do an evasive maneuver and my face just went " Blink ?!?!?!" at discovering that. Until now I'd been jerking my mouse upwards repeatedly performing stupid loop the loops to cheese healing while the AI is trying to shoot me down! Doh
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 174
Nah, even all this time, after all this patches, the UI is horrible. Microsoft destroyed another franchise for me.
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 174
Nah, even all this time, after all this patches, the UI is horrible. Microsoft destroyed another franchise for me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2024, 08:40 PM)calamarik Wrote:
I'm guessing you're referring to Halo: Infinite here? If so, I'm curious what changes were made to the UI that are a step backwards, since I've not really seen the UI of that game myself and I've also only played through Halo: Reach fully so far and only got a little bit into Halo 1, so I'm not well versed in the UI of all the games before Infinite to trust myself in making a comparison myself.

As for the reputation of Halo, I'd argue that what hurt it was the lack of oversight by Microsoft on 343i. Apparently Microsoft likes to be rather hands-off with their developers but if so then 343i are an example of Microsoft being too hands-off.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2024, 08:40 PM)calamarik Wrote:
I'm guessing you're referring to Halo: Infinite here? If so, I'm curious what changes were made to the UI that are a step backwards, since I've not really seen the UI of that game myself and I've also only played through Halo: Reach fully so far and only got a little bit into Halo 1, so I'm not well versed in the UI of all the games before Infinite to trust myself in making a comparison myself.

As for the reputation of Halo, I'd argue that what hurt it was the lack of oversight by Microsoft on 343i. Apparently Microsoft likes to be rather hands-off with their developers but if so then 343i are an example of Microsoft being too hands-off.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,921 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,971 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface