How Was Your Day/Week?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Are you gonna go again tomorrow? Sounds like a fun time, but definitely a multiple day thing to actually interact with everything you can get to see
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Are you gonna go again tomorrow? Sounds like a fun time, but definitely a multiple day thing to actually interact with everything you can get to see
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nah I won't go multiple days by myself anymore. I went around both areas North and South side 2-3 times each, I didn't bother playing anything, might've played Tekken 8 but decided not to. Watched some games between players though since they held mini-tournaments so people can win some goodies. Also the train ticket price is a bit painful. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nah I won't go multiple days by myself anymore. I went around both areas North and South side 2-3 times each, I didn't bother playing anything, might've played Tekken 8 but decided not to. Watched some games between players though since they held mini-tournaments so people can win some goodies. Also the train ticket price is a bit painful. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Was quite difficult, really - since I was struggling to sleep, for some reason. I really needed the extra hour of sleep last night from the clocks going back!

One nice event, however, was going out for dinner with my colleagues after work on Wednesday. I had some brie wedges and a lamb burger - which was lovely!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Was quite difficult, really - since I was struggling to sleep, for some reason. I really needed the extra hour of sleep last night from the clocks going back!

One nice event, however, was going out for dinner with my colleagues after work on Wednesday. I had some brie wedges and a lamb burger - which was lovely!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huzzah there goes another of our colleagues, well the same one I believe I mentioned was going a little while ago, and yup I can already see the struggle for us coming after today, thought my morning went fine until the busy period begun, plus I was losing steam from not having been on a break to have a bite to eat, then after my break I helped a bit but then had to do reductions on the present date products, the other colleague had to take his break and hoo boy was there still a lot to do. We're not even in the busy period yet. We have a fifth person who only temporary but when they go again they're insane to think four people can run our department. We used to have at most 10 or 11 or something, some seasonal but still they helped out whenever they could or when they finished studies before they eventually left, made the holidays easier to manage. Same crap happening across the store too. Higher ups are likely making sure they're rolling in their money aren't they?

Nyeh, just felt like venting a little bit. I'm OK really. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Huzzah there goes another of our colleagues, well the same one I believe I mentioned was going a little while ago, and yup I can already see the struggle for us coming after today, thought my morning went fine until the busy period begun, plus I was losing steam from not having been on a break to have a bite to eat, then after my break I helped a bit but then had to do reductions on the present date products, the other colleague had to take his break and hoo boy was there still a lot to do. We're not even in the busy period yet. We have a fifth person who only temporary but when they go again they're insane to think four people can run our department. We used to have at most 10 or 11 or something, some seasonal but still they helped out whenever they could or when they finished studies before they eventually left, made the holidays easier to manage. Same crap happening across the store too. Higher ups are likely making sure they're rolling in their money aren't they?

Nyeh, just felt like venting a little bit. I'm OK really. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Work was a bit up and down, really. I had a productive week overall, where I finally put to bed some annoying bugs from the previous week - but I had another irritating one hanging over me for the whole weekend. So I've got that to look forward to on Monday morning!

Fortunately, the weekend itself was quite a lot better. I went to see my girlfriend yesterday: we first went to a falconry centre, where we missed most of the flying display (only catching the very end of it), but had a nice time going around and seeing all the birds in their enclosures. After that, we went to a circus, which had a Halloween theme to it: there weren't any animals (because circuses don't really do that kind of thing any more), but there were acrobats, illusions, and a laser light display Smile .

The only annoyance is that my train home yesterday was a bit chaotic. The train I'd intended to catch was cancelled, and the one after that was delayed - so I came within 1 minute of missing my changeover (indeed, I only caught it at all because that train was also delayed by a few minutes!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Work was a bit up and down, really. I had a productive week overall, where I finally put to bed some annoying bugs from the previous week - but I had another irritating one hanging over me for the whole weekend. So I've got that to look forward to on Monday morning!

Fortunately, the weekend itself was quite a lot better. I went to see my girlfriend yesterday: we first went to a falconry centre, where we missed most of the flying display (only catching the very end of it), but had a nice time going around and seeing all the birds in their enclosures. After that, we went to a circus, which had a Halloween theme to it: there weren't any animals (because circuses don't really do that kind of thing any more), but there were acrobats, illusions, and a laser light display Smile .

The only annoyance is that my train home yesterday was a bit chaotic. The train I'd intended to catch was cancelled, and the one after that was delayed - so I came within 1 minute of missing my changeover (indeed, I only caught it at all because that train was also delayed by a few minutes!)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I drove all the way to campus today only to discover there are no classes today because of Veteran's Day. I had no idea it was gonna be closed, especially when my teacher was telling us what we'd be doing in class today on Wednesday, plus I didn't even know anything like Veteran's Day was even coming up or that my university observed it. I was very confused when I pulled into the parking lot by the art departments and saw barely any cars there. Errm
Work was fine although I could do without the pallet of turkeys and two pallets of pies in my backroom freezer for the holidays taking up all my floor space while I was trying to work last nights delivery.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I drove all the way to campus today only to discover there are no classes today because of Veteran's Day. I had no idea it was gonna be closed, especially when my teacher was telling us what we'd be doing in class today on Wednesday, plus I didn't even know anything like Veteran's Day was even coming up or that my university observed it. I was very confused when I pulled into the parking lot by the art departments and saw barely any cars there. Errm
Work was fine although I could do without the pallet of turkeys and two pallets of pies in my backroom freezer for the holidays taking up all my floor space while I was trying to work last nights delivery.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Injured myself last week on Thursday and thought three days off that I got could've helped it out but got another pain in my back, not exactly where it was last week. With work giving option to colleagues to go home early thanks to saving on wages, I'll take it so I'm working a bit less and to take it easy. It's not too much of problem yet. Other than that my day/week has been fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Injured myself last week on Thursday and thought three days off that I got could've helped it out but got another pain in my back, not exactly where it was last week. With work giving option to colleagues to go home early thanks to saving on wages, I'll take it so I'm working a bit less and to take it easy. It's not too much of problem yet. Other than that my day/week has been fine.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: If you hurt yourself at work you should've looked into telling someone in case it would let you get paid time off under workers compensation to recover. Are you better now or no?

Just submitted my final book PDF for my photography class to discover that two of the pages have had the colors go washed out during the conversion to CMYK, which I never picked up on when I sent the book PDF off yesterday to be printed professionally for $60. It's really bumming me out that I missed it yesterday because I feel those photos aren't as strong as they should be and this book was also intended to serve as a portfolio piece, so now I'm feeling like I spent money on this book that isn't going to be at the level I originally expected it to be. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: If you hurt yourself at work you should've looked into telling someone in case it would let you get paid time off under workers compensation to recover. Are you better now or no?

Just submitted my final book PDF for my photography class to discover that two of the pages have had the colors go washed out during the conversion to CMYK, which I never picked up on when I sent the book PDF off yesterday to be printed professionally for $60. It's really bumming me out that I missed it yesterday because I feel those photos aren't as strong as they should be and this book was also intended to serve as a portfolio piece, so now I'm feeling like I spent money on this book that isn't going to be at the level I originally expected it to be. Eh
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I dropped my phone in a toilet, and now the fast charging no longer works. I have insurance on it, but trying to actually file a claim isn't working because their site is broken, and I can't put in my Zip Code because it says it has to be a 5-digit number, NO MATTER WHAT 5 DIGITS I TYPE IN! And because it's Sunday, I can't report it to them, since their business hours are closed on Sundays. I hate this.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I dropped my phone in a toilet, and now the fast charging no longer works. I have insurance on it, but trying to actually file a claim isn't working because their site is broken, and I can't put in my Zip Code because it says it has to be a 5-digit number, NO MATTER WHAT 5 DIGITS I TYPE IN! And because it's Sunday, I can't report it to them, since their business hours are closed on Sundays. I hate this.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Nov 18th, 2023, 09:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nyeh, it wasn't so bad, I could still physically work so I continued. I never did go home early either, Thursday was the day I was offered to and I chose to stay the last hour of my shift, Friday and Saturday did the usual amount too. If I actually had problems lifting then I would. Not fully better yet, got today off as normal, in tomorrow then off again for my other normal two days off.

Damn I hate it when converting over to CMYK messes your work up. Sucks that happened.

Yikes, not the phone into the toilet! Hope you get it sorted...eventually.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Nov 18th, 2023, 09:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Nyeh, it wasn't so bad, I could still physically work so I continued. I never did go home early either, Thursday was the day I was offered to and I chose to stay the last hour of my shift, Friday and Saturday did the usual amount too. If I actually had problems lifting then I would. Not fully better yet, got today off as normal, in tomorrow then off again for my other normal two days off.

Damn I hate it when converting over to CMYK messes your work up. Sucks that happened.

Yikes, not the phone into the toilet! Hope you get it sorted...eventually.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 19th, 2023, 06:49 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I never knew Zip codes could be less than five digits, unless what you mean is that you're giving it five digits and it still doesn't think it's a valid code? Unsure
Did you at least manage to make any progress on the matter since this post?

@Mr EliteL: Fortunately the book came out okay in the end, which is surprising because almost everyone else in my class had their books come in with problems that were on the print companies end. One person has had their book reprinted three times and each one has had a defect. Errm

The last week or so has been eh because of feeling sick and although the cold aspect is mostly gone, I've had this tension in my neck since the weekend that keeps giving me really bad headaches, one of which I had come on about an hour ago. I also got in my car today to go to campus to do some work to discover I got a ticket (no fine) because turns out my registration expired back in October and neither I or @ShiraNoMai realized. She renewed our registrations earlier today but the stickers for the cars won't come in for another week, so we'll just put a printout in the cars by the front and rear windows so hopefully that covers us until the stickers come. I'm only concerned about it because our community has the right to tow our cars for expired registration and I do not want to wake up one day to find my car has been towed. Hmph

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 19th, 2023, 06:49 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I never knew Zip codes could be less than five digits, unless what you mean is that you're giving it five digits and it still doesn't think it's a valid code? Unsure
Did you at least manage to make any progress on the matter since this post?

@Mr EliteL: Fortunately the book came out okay in the end, which is surprising because almost everyone else in my class had their books come in with problems that were on the print companies end. One person has had their book reprinted three times and each one has had a defect. Errm

The last week or so has been eh because of feeling sick and although the cold aspect is mostly gone, I've had this tension in my neck since the weekend that keeps giving me really bad headaches, one of which I had come on about an hour ago. I also got in my car today to go to campus to do some work to discover I got a ticket (no fine) because turns out my registration expired back in October and neither I or @ShiraNoMai realized. She renewed our registrations earlier today but the stickers for the cars won't come in for another week, so we'll just put a printout in the cars by the front and rear windows so hopefully that covers us until the stickers come. I'm only concerned about it because our community has the right to tow our cars for expired registration and I do not want to wake up one day to find my car has been towed. Hmph
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got a text from my coworker that she's now out of work until Saturday, so that's just wonderful news because it means I'm going to have to probably work every fucking day until Christmas now. No one probably touched my department today either while I was off so that means I have to try and catch up on all of that and work a new delivery by myself tomorrow too. Errm
I've also tried multiple times this last week to decorate the house for Christmas but all this shit with work is making it impossible to have the energy to do any of it and now I'm definitely not going to have any so frankly at this point I'm just not even bothering to do it. I may as well just put all the boxes I got out of the closet over a week ago with all the decorations in them away. Meh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just got a text from my coworker that she's now out of work until Saturday, so that's just wonderful news because it means I'm going to have to probably work every fucking day until Christmas now. No one probably touched my department today either while I was off so that means I have to try and catch up on all of that and work a new delivery by myself tomorrow too. Errm
I've also tried multiple times this last week to decorate the house for Christmas but all this shit with work is making it impossible to have the energy to do any of it and now I'm definitely not going to have any so frankly at this point I'm just not even bothering to do it. I may as well just put all the boxes I got out of the closet over a week ago with all the decorations in them away. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Man that sucks, is your coworker out from illness or she somehow got time off? Also stupid how they have to rely on only you to get Frozen worked during the days leading up to Christmas, obviously one of or THE busiest period of the year with zero help. Eh

Is there not anything...little you could put out from the decorations? I suppose you don't want to do that either because then you'd be annoyed you couldn't get out the rest. Bah, time just not anyone's side. Doh

I worked longer than usual today, also turned out to be a rather normal day anyway, so wasn't too busy. The main veg go down in price tomorrow for the Xmas week, yet judging by the expected delivery not masses in just yet. For some strange reason we have a lot of mushrooms though, and bananas kinda (count was too low thus wrong for the latter). XD Back in tomorrow early so should get to bed soon.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Man that sucks, is your coworker out from illness or she somehow got time off? Also stupid how they have to rely on only you to get Frozen worked during the days leading up to Christmas, obviously one of or THE busiest period of the year with zero help. Eh

Is there not anything...little you could put out from the decorations? I suppose you don't want to do that either because then you'd be annoyed you couldn't get out the rest. Bah, time just not anyone's side. Doh

I worked longer than usual today, also turned out to be a rather normal day anyway, so wasn't too busy. The main veg go down in price tomorrow for the Xmas week, yet judging by the expected delivery not masses in just yet. For some strange reason we have a lot of mushrooms though, and bananas kinda (count was too low thus wrong for the latter). XD Back in tomorrow early so should get to bed soon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Out from illness. She was originally told she could come back to work tomorrow by the doctor but now the doctor has told her to stay off until the weekend, but for all I know she could end up just not even being in this weekend either. My month has basically been this:

November 21: Work
November 23: Thanksgiving
November 24 - December 6: Work and/or School
December 8 - 9: Work and/or School
December 11 - 12: Work and/or School
December 14 - 17: Work
December 19 - ???: Work

I was sick from November 27 until something like December 8 but only called out one day from work that whole time because I was the only one working the department, and my coworker has only worked 8 days in this entire time frame, although it's hard to count is at 8 because she was sick for at least half of that so wasn't really able to do much while at work so really it's just been me carrying the department since Thanksgiving more or less. Meh

And yeah I could put out a few things, but as you correctly guessed it sucks that a lot of things won't get put out. Plus the house is a mess so that needs dealing with but I'm struggling to even get that done with the lack of time I've had to even rest this month. Frankly when I go in tomorrow and the subject comes up of me running the department solo yet again for 10 days in under a month I'm pitching a bargain that I get a week off after Christmas until New Year or something. I'm not doing all this and just getting my regular pay for it all, that's just bullshit. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Out from illness. She was originally told she could come back to work tomorrow by the doctor but now the doctor has told her to stay off until the weekend, but for all I know she could end up just not even being in this weekend either. My month has basically been this:

November 21: Work
November 23: Thanksgiving
November 24 - December 6: Work and/or School
December 8 - 9: Work and/or School
December 11 - 12: Work and/or School
December 14 - 17: Work
December 19 - ???: Work

I was sick from November 27 until something like December 8 but only called out one day from work that whole time because I was the only one working the department, and my coworker has only worked 8 days in this entire time frame, although it's hard to count is at 8 because she was sick for at least half of that so wasn't really able to do much while at work so really it's just been me carrying the department since Thanksgiving more or less. Meh

And yeah I could put out a few things, but as you correctly guessed it sucks that a lot of things won't get put out. Plus the house is a mess so that needs dealing with but I'm struggling to even get that done with the lack of time I've had to even rest this month. Frankly when I go in tomorrow and the subject comes up of me running the department solo yet again for 10 days in under a month I'm pitching a bargain that I get a week off after Christmas until New Year or something. I'm not doing all this and just getting my regular pay for it all, that's just bullshit. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah it's been a couple days but did you bring that, if so hope you are getting some time off for all the work you're doing, you'll need it for sure.

Yesterday shift was...about the same as Monday's but we did get the start of masses of veg and such come in. Today's shift was busier than the previous two, betting tomorrow will be the same or slightly more busy, then Friday and the weekend should be heaving with customers. Maybe not Sunday if mostly everyone has done their shopping but of course can't count out the stragglers or bargain seekers for the food that will get marked down, or perhaps given for free if there's still tons left. I believe we did that last year for the beg that remained when usually years prior the veg left was given away Boxing Day. They already lowered the price from 20p (last year) to 19p then within the first 6 hours management were all "shite we're not selling fast enough", when we had lots of carrots to get through before the Xmas stock even came in, so 15p it is, which also is equalling Aldi so makes sense that way too.

...wish I had something else to talk about nyeh, work.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah it's been a couple days but did you bring that, if so hope you are getting some time off for all the work you're doing, you'll need it for sure.

Yesterday shift was...about the same as Monday's but we did get the start of masses of veg and such come in. Today's shift was busier than the previous two, betting tomorrow will be the same or slightly more busy, then Friday and the weekend should be heaving with customers. Maybe not Sunday if mostly everyone has done their shopping but of course can't count out the stragglers or bargain seekers for the food that will get marked down, or perhaps given for free if there's still tons left. I believe we did that last year for the beg that remained when usually years prior the veg left was given away Boxing Day. They already lowered the price from 20p (last year) to 19p then within the first 6 hours management were all "shite we're not selling fast enough", when we had lots of carrots to get through before the Xmas stock even came in, so 15p it is, which also is equalling Aldi so makes sense that way too.

...wish I had something else to talk about nyeh, work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,079 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,356 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,347 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,041 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface