How Was Your Day/Week?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, work is all I've been up to as well. Reading y'alls stories reminds me that I definitely do not miss working stores during the holidays. Oof.

Of course, my current work is a different kind of busy, we're just accounting for our time off next week rather than customers' demands. Cuz while we may be off work, the work still needs to get done while we're not there Suffer
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, work is all I've been up to as well. Reading y'alls stories reminds me that I definitely do not miss working stores during the holidays. Oof.

Of course, my current work is a different kind of busy, we're just accounting for our time off next week rather than customers' demands. Cuz while we may be off work, the work still needs to get done while we're not there Suffer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Went to the mall today to meet up with friends for our yearly Secret Santa, which was a nice break from the onslaught of my recent day to day. Bought some stuff from a newly opened Korean bakery and then just perused the actual mall itself which I'm surprised still isn't just shut down. I don't know what we got for Secret Santa because our gifter wasn't able to attend and hasn't told us what they got us yet. Unsure

Oh, and I'm also starting to get sick again which is wonderful. Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Went to the mall today to meet up with friends for our yearly Secret Santa, which was a nice break from the onslaught of my recent day to day. Bought some stuff from a newly opened Korean bakery and then just perused the actual mall itself which I'm surprised still isn't just shut down. I don't know what we got for Secret Santa because our gifter wasn't able to attend and hasn't told us what they got us yet. Unsure

Oh, and I'm also starting to get sick again which is wonderful. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Friday my day off for the week leading towards today was apparently the busiest my store was, then Saturday morning was also the busiest but it died down as opposed to Friday that was extremely busy the entire day until like 10:30PM. Sounded like they needed me that day but har har, I got out of it. I would've been fine working that day if I was scheduled to be in regardless, but was nice to get that break (a visit was planned for Tuesday which didn't happen, that would've been my day off instead).

Yesterday I was in for only 6 hours and we were completely out of Parsnips, Cauliflower and majority of Sprouts, had to resort to using the tray meant for after Xmas when the prices go back up, but didn't matter, peeps needed their Brussels, even though we had thousands in the week.

Hope you illness doesn't last too long or get in the way for today, Moony.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Friday my day off for the week leading towards today was apparently the busiest my store was, then Saturday morning was also the busiest but it died down as opposed to Friday that was extremely busy the entire day until like 10:30PM. Sounded like they needed me that day but har har, I got out of it. I would've been fine working that day if I was scheduled to be in regardless, but was nice to get that break (a visit was planned for Tuesday which didn't happen, that would've been my day off instead).

Yesterday I was in for only 6 hours and we were completely out of Parsnips, Cauliflower and majority of Sprouts, had to resort to using the tray meant for after Xmas when the prices go back up, but didn't matter, peeps needed their Brussels, even though we had thousands in the week.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2023, 11:35 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Alas I still have it, and ended up calling out of work both Christmas Eve and today. I'm not so sick I couldn't work, but when I had to miss attending a family gathering on Christmas Eve because of being sick then my job can go kick dirt on me dragging myself in. Plus with how the place has been over the last month I really don't care any more to push myself and end up either getting sick of putting myself through physical pain.

I also forgot to mention the funniest part of my day in my last post, but I brought it up in the Christmas thread instead.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 25th, 2023, 11:35 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Alas I still have it, and ended up calling out of work both Christmas Eve and today. I'm not so sick I couldn't work, but when I had to miss attending a family gathering on Christmas Eve because of being sick then my job can go kick dirt on me dragging myself in. Plus with how the place has been over the last month I really don't care any more to push myself and end up either getting sick of putting myself through physical pain.

I also forgot to mention the funniest part of my day in my last post, but I brought it up in the Christmas thread instead.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I had a pretty good week... certainly much better than last year, when I had COVID over Christmas! No such problems this year, thankfully Smile .

Christmas Day itself is obviously the place to start. It was a relatively quiet day in, as per usual - but I did get a nice range of presents, including a model locomotive; a couple of books; some sweets and some chocolates. And there were a couple of jigsaw puzzles, but I still haven't finished the one I got on my birthday, so it might be a while before I make those LOL ! And then the Christmas dinner was nice too - even though it was scampi and chips for me, since I've never been too keen on turkey Tongue .

As for the rest of the week... the other main event was on Wednesday, when we went out to eat at our favourite Indian restaurant. I decided to have a chicken biryani, which I hadn't had before... and it was very nice, but also rather filling! I wasn't able to finish it all - so, it's probably not something I'd have again, at least not for a while.

Sadly, it's back to work on Tuesday, but I have enjoyed my time off!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I had a pretty good week... certainly much better than last year, when I had COVID over Christmas! No such problems this year, thankfully Smile .

Christmas Day itself is obviously the place to start. It was a relatively quiet day in, as per usual - but I did get a nice range of presents, including a model locomotive; a couple of books; some sweets and some chocolates. And there were a couple of jigsaw puzzles, but I still haven't finished the one I got on my birthday, so it might be a while before I make those LOL ! And then the Christmas dinner was nice too - even though it was scampi and chips for me, since I've never been too keen on turkey Tongue .

As for the rest of the week... the other main event was on Wednesday, when we went out to eat at our favourite Indian restaurant. I decided to have a chicken biryani, which I hadn't had before... and it was very nice, but also rather filling! I wasn't able to finish it all - so, it's probably not something I'd have again, at least not for a while.

Sadly, it's back to work on Tuesday, but I have enjoyed my time off!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Got rudely awakened at 7am by the imbecilic company that are replacing all the roofs in our development because they think that's a perfectly fine time to start taking a hammer to the roof to smash the old tiles off, and every time I think they're done on the section of roof for my house so I can maybe take a nap they come back within an hour making more noise. I've slept like shit all week and on the two days I have off work to maybe get some proper rest I've had to deal with this. Angry

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Got rudely awakened at 7am by the imbecilic company that are replacing all the roofs in our development because they think that's a perfectly fine time to start taking a hammer to the roof to smash the old tiles off, and every time I think they're done on the section of roof for my house so I can maybe take a nap they come back within an hour making more noise. I've slept like shit all week and on the two days I have off work to maybe get some proper rest I've had to deal with this. Angry
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes, the old "People should be up at this time because we are, and if not they will be" mind frame. Heck shouldn't it be dark still or perhaps not over there for 7am?

Still got a little bit of what I caught still lingering but mostly over it now. Work today was kinda ridiculous, for some reason this week we have a lot of stock and I just don't understand why. Perhaps they're thinking everyone should have used up what they bought over the Christmas period, so make sure we have everything and then some, I mean yeah but not a crap ton of it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes, the old "People should be up at this time because we are, and if not they will be" mind frame. Heck shouldn't it be dark still or perhaps not over there for 7am?

Still got a little bit of what I caught still lingering but mostly over it now. Work today was kinda ridiculous, for some reason this week we have a lot of stock and I just don't understand why. Perhaps they're thinking everyone should have used up what they bought over the Christmas period, so make sure we have everything and then some, I mean yeah but not a crap ton of it.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Well, I've been trying to go to bed earlier this week. My target has been 11pm, but it's usually ended up being 11:30pm (and right now, I'm awake and typing this at 11:45pm Tongue ). Still, that's a considerable improvement over going to bed at 1am, which I was doing routinely prior to this!

The first couple of days were pretty rough: I had a hard time getting to sleep at all. I guess that's because my body's still used to the later bedtime - but either way, it meant I didn't have much energy when I woke up (I either played horrible chess, or skipped the chess altogether Tongue ). But now, after a few days of it, I'm finally starting to sleep a bit better... hopefully, it won't be too long before I'm completely used to this, and staying up until 1am becomes much more difficult!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Well, I've been trying to go to bed earlier this week. My target has been 11pm, but it's usually ended up being 11:30pm (and right now, I'm awake and typing this at 11:45pm Tongue ). Still, that's a considerable improvement over going to bed at 1am, which I was doing routinely prior to this!

The first couple of days were pretty rough: I had a hard time getting to sleep at all. I guess that's because my body's still used to the later bedtime - but either way, it meant I didn't have much energy when I woke up (I either played horrible chess, or skipped the chess altogether Tongue ). But now, after a few days of it, I'm finally starting to sleep a bit better... hopefully, it won't be too long before I'm completely used to this, and staying up until 1am becomes much more difficult!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2024, 07:45 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uh, I'm not actually sure how dark it is at 7am here. Usually if I'm up that early I'm at work, and my store lacks windows to the outside world so unless I go to an exit door I have no clue what is going on outside. Tongue

@Kyng: Yeah, once you adjust to it you'll be fine and it probably won't take longer than a week or so. It'll definitely get harder to stay up as late though but sometimes I find it can be possible for me to do it even after having to adjust my sleep schedule to waking up at 4am. Although, I only wake that early for work days; if I'm off, I'll get up whenever but I do find if I stay in bed for too long it'll give me a headache that lasts all day. x.x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2024, 07:45 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uh, I'm not actually sure how dark it is at 7am here. Usually if I'm up that early I'm at work, and my store lacks windows to the outside world so unless I go to an exit door I have no clue what is going on outside. Tongue

@Kyng: Yeah, once you adjust to it you'll be fine and it probably won't take longer than a week or so. It'll definitely get harder to stay up as late though but sometimes I find it can be possible for me to do it even after having to adjust my sleep schedule to waking up at 4am. Although, I only wake that early for work days; if I'm off, I'll get up whenever but I do find if I stay in bed for too long it'll give me a headache that lasts all day. x.x
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Thanks Smile !

I didn't have much energy yesterday, but I'm starting to feel more energetic today - and I hope things stay that way!

One slight annoyance is that I haven't won a rated game of chess all year. I've played four so far (two on Thursday, and two today), and I lost all of them. Not a major cause for concern yet (assuming I win about half of my games, a 4-game losing streak should happen on average once every 16 games), but something I'll want to turn around quite quickly!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Thanks Smile !

I didn't have much energy yesterday, but I'm starting to feel more energetic today - and I hope things stay that way!

One slight annoyance is that I haven't won a rated game of chess all year. I've played four so far (two on Thursday, and two today), and I lost all of them. Not a major cause for concern yet (assuming I win about half of my games, a 4-game losing streak should happen on average once every 16 games), but something I'll want to turn around quite quickly!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Think I'm slowly starting to feel energy leap back into my body with my dietary changes. It's not at the maximum efficiency I would normally apply to fix my diet, but it's definitely a major change that has positive effects. Hoping to incorporate a little more activity in the coming week to further the process. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Think I'm slowly starting to feel energy leap back into my body with my dietary changes. It's not at the maximum efficiency I would normally apply to fix my diet, but it's definitely a major change that has positive effects. Hoping to incorporate a little more activity in the coming week to further the process. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Today was the first day of the Spring 2024 semester for me, and my class today was Video Game Studies. I didn't expect this to be my view upon getting to the designated room:

[Image: NQ5YpQV.jpg]

The picture isn't great as I snapped it quickly, but the class takes place in a small movie theatre room and my teacher was playing HoloCure - Save the Fans! as Gawr Gura. I was expecting to just be in a standard classroom. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Today was the first day of the Spring 2024 semester for me, and my class today was Video Game Studies. I didn't expect this to be my view upon getting to the designated room:

[Image: NQ5YpQV.jpg]

The picture isn't great as I snapped it quickly, but the class takes place in a small movie theatre room and my teacher was playing HoloCure - Save the Fans! as Gawr Gura. I was expecting to just be in a standard classroom. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw Video Game Studies. If only that was a thing in my time. Which sounds funny because back then I was in the same years, college and (briefly) same Uni as Moony who is experiencing it now. LOL Which leads me to ask the question how is that part of your course?! (half seriously because I can sort of imagine why)

My dad was er,...yeah. They were trying to save hours so I was originally meant to be in today, was asked to have the day off instead on Saturday because of wages, agreed, then get called in mainly because the colleague who was in went home sick very early so I came in to do the amount of hours I was going to do originally. Was fine really just mildly annoying at first, although I did manage to wake moments before our house phone rang because I had my mobile off thinking I wasn't needed, and it was my sister who was at work who got the deed of having to call me. So I had to play catch up and carry my department until the next one colleague came in. The was another in but she had to deal with other stuff that was related to our department but there was no one in for that part either (daily markdowns). Plus the fact of counts being super wrong so I also made a start to correcting them.
Oh, and there was apparently meant to be an important visit which didn't seem to happen unless it happened when I was sorting stock out in the warehouse, if I knew about that on Saturday I would've refused to have the day off knowing it would be a crap show. Yesterday already was one with the colleague who was sick today was in all day yesterday (6am-4pm) but was forced to do home shopping, I was the other in but I was only in for 4 hours, so I'm suspecting that could've played a part in him not being well today. Our section leader is back in tomorrow so should be better, I hope.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw Video Game Studies. If only that was a thing in my time. Which sounds funny because back then I was in the same years, college and (briefly) same Uni as Moony who is experiencing it now. LOL Which leads me to ask the question how is that part of your course?! (half seriously because I can sort of imagine why)

My dad was er,...yeah. They were trying to save hours so I was originally meant to be in today, was asked to have the day off instead on Saturday because of wages, agreed, then get called in mainly because the colleague who was in went home sick very early so I came in to do the amount of hours I was going to do originally. Was fine really just mildly annoying at first, although I did manage to wake moments before our house phone rang because I had my mobile off thinking I wasn't needed, and it was my sister who was at work who got the deed of having to call me. So I had to play catch up and carry my department until the next one colleague came in. The was another in but she had to deal with other stuff that was related to our department but there was no one in for that part either (daily markdowns). Plus the fact of counts being super wrong so I also made a start to correcting them.
Oh, and there was apparently meant to be an important visit which didn't seem to happen unless it happened when I was sorting stock out in the warehouse, if I knew about that on Saturday I would've refused to have the day off knowing it would be a crap show. Yesterday already was one with the colleague who was sick today was in all day yesterday (6am-4pm) but was forced to do home shopping, I was the other in but I was only in for 4 hours, so I'm suspecting that could've played a part in him not being well today. Our section leader is back in tomorrow so should be better, I hope.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2024, 07:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I had the same question and it isn't exactly a part of the course but an elective instead. I'm not... super knowledgeable on what an elective actually is but I think they're like extra things you can do on the side or something? I'm gonna need someone who knows the US education system a lot better than I do to properly define it. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2024, 07:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I had the same question and it isn't exactly a part of the course but an elective instead. I'm not... super knowledgeable on what an elective actually is but I think they're like extra things you can do on the side or something? I'm gonna need someone who knows the US education system a lot better than I do to properly define it. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Electives are courses you "elect" to take that are effectively education fillers tangentially related to your course. I believe Moony's degree program requires a certain amount of credits (classes) in upper level courses that are in the "Studio Art, Multimedia or Graphic Design" areas (upper level because Moony is already a junior/3rd year student). This course happens to fall under Multimedia, as well as being upper level!

In short, classes are either classified as required or elective. The degree programs here are composed of a mix of both, the majority obviously being required classes, and the remainder filled with electives to round out your education to suit your needs or interests.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Electives are courses you "elect" to take that are effectively education fillers tangentially related to your course. I believe Moony's degree program requires a certain amount of credits (classes) in upper level courses that are in the "Studio Art, Multimedia or Graphic Design" areas (upper level because Moony is already a junior/3rd year student). This course happens to fall under Multimedia, as well as being upper level!

In short, classes are either classified as required or elective. The degree programs here are composed of a mix of both, the majority obviously being required classes, and the remainder filled with electives to round out your education to suit your needs or interests.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,083 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,356 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,347 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,043 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface